Thursday 10 March 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Villarreal (18:00 GMT) 2.2 3.5 3.65 101.42 %
maximize.gif CSKA Moscow v FC Porto (18:00 GMT) 2.62 3.35 3 101.35 %
maximize.gif PSV Eindhoven v Rangers (18:00 GMT) 1.57 4 7 102.92 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v Liverpool (18:00 GMT) 2.92 3.3 2.6 103.01 %
maximize.gif Ajax v Spartak Moscow (20:05 GMT) 1.81 3.6 5 103.03 %
maximize.gif Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain (20:05 GMT) 1.8 3.75 5.5 100.40 %
maximize.gif Dynamo Kyiv v Manchester City (20:05 GMT) 2.75 3.3 2.86 101.63 %
maximize.gif FC Twente v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (20:05 GMT) 2.54 3.35 3 102.55 %

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Odds for CSKA are higher than I expected, physically I think CSKA may be fresher than Porto which in a difficult weather condition could be an advantage for the Russians, I think Porto is a better team but in Moscow I expect an hard match for Porto

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March

Rangers have many injuries at the moment' date=' may be worth looking at PSV on the handicap[/quote'] Yep, was just looking at that myself :ok Can see them putting in a spirited performance as always, but it has to be a daunting task playing away somewhere like PSV. I'll be interested to see the odds for specific corner handicaps on PSV, as I'd expect Rangers to be under the cosh a fair bit.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Rangers just yet..We look like we could have Weiss and maybe Lafferty available again which gives us more options going forward on the break..Although we have not played well recently in the SPL we have done in the Europa league...I expect a 5-4-1 on Thursday with Weiss on the wing adding support to Diouf with a solid midfield and our wing backs getting forward....personally i'll be putting Rangers +1 on at 8/5 in Willhills as i expect a 0-0 or 1-1 on Thursday.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March bayer leverkusen and Ajax game look intresting to me, bayer pretty strong at home and same with ajax....in bayer depends if villarreal want to win the europa and go and attack...in napoli it was a 0-0 with villarreal but bayer look strong at home

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Braga v Liverpool Braga Double Chance - 1.57 - Boylesports Liverpool are certainly not the greatest attacking team away from home. We have went unders in every game since the group stages if im not mistaken. 3 of them have also been 0-0's. Braga are very strong at home, they defeated Benfica yesterday on home soil 2-1 and also beat arsenal on their home turf in the group stages of the champions league. Their only loss on home turf this season in Europe came against Shakhtar who topped their group.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Benfica -1: 13/8 with Skybet Benfica look nailed on for 2nd (no higher, no lower) so the league is not a distraction at all and they'll be up for making it up to their fans (in terms of not seriously challenging for the title) and should take a decent lead into the 2nd leg I think. PSG still near the top of a tight French Championat. Benfica have won 9 of their last 11 home games in Europe (including Champions League games). Also, in league, Benfica have won 10 of their 11 home games. They'll be aware of their weak away record and will be up for taking a decent advantage to France, I reckon. I fancy a motivated Benfica to win by a couple and will go for the 13/8 offered by Skybet.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March PSV v Rangers Once again with Rangers in Europe I will be all over the unders. Their tactics wil be simple, setting up 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 in an attempt to keep it tight, I would not be surprised to see 0-0 or a 1-0 home win. This bet has proven to be very profitable in the last few seasons under walter Smith, especially in first legs of ties. In their run to the final a few seasons ago, every game went under 2.5 goals, and 11 0f their 16 European ties since that run have also went under. Much of the personnel is the same and the tactics certainly will be. Selection: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 with Betfair - 3 units

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March CSKA Moskva (Rusia) - Porto (Portugal) March 10, Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow - 19:00 Referee: Robert Shergenhofer (Austria) scaled.php?server=855&filename=juzz.jpg&res=crop Preview: I imagine odds are set here looking back to CSKA's impressive run in this competiton. They still unbeaten, clear wins - but remember they were achived last year, because after the winter break CSKA are not the same team. Besides if someone knows foot well can tell if Lausanne,Palermo, Famagusta, Sparta Prague or PAOK are level of Porto. CSKA strikers Vagner Love and Doumbia lost power, lack concentration - they dont play football but simply "dance" hip hop. With display showed against PAOK and recently Zenit, CSKA holds small chances against portuguese side. Porto has two fantastic strikers: Hulk, brasilian ranked no #1 with the most shoots on target and Falcao ranked 1 topscorers and ranked #2 with shoots off target so far in this competition. CSKA in the UEFA Cup or new named Europa League has lost only once in last 25 games played home, to Marseille 1-2. It was the single time they allowed over 1 goal from these 25 games! Stats are funny... Last games teams played in all competitions show how this 50-50 game it will be ( stats show it ) - I saw all 4 official games Army club played: against PAOK, greek team was so shy a bit limited, to tell the truth ; in Cup with Yaroslavl , return leg with PAOK and recently Supercup final lost to Zenit 0-1. CSKA Moscow is a ghost from the win 3-1 in St Petersburg last season close end, a ghost from the stats mentioned above they register in Europa League. CSKA home games: 9-3-0 Porto away games: 9-3-0 4b35f28fbf2a.png Odds evens look good bet .. covering draw. Note they meet 4 times (2004 and 2006 in Champions League ) with CSKA failing to score a single goal. Twice 0-0 in Portugal and two wins 1-0 and 2-0 for Porto in Rusia. Two attacking minded team should offer a great show - both produced the most shoots on target than any other teams so far in the competion. Porto DNB @ 2.00 WillHill scaled.php?server=808&filename=viannen89.gif&res=crop PS: I think both to score, Over 2.5 can be take also in consideration. Add corners over too - accordint to Uefa site both produced a lots of corners and now meet each other :) I dont bet these later mentioned.... Ajax - Spartak Spartak will have theyr brasilian superstar Welliton. I dont rate Ajax such favorite, Spartak without 5 regulars prouved something in Basel 2-0 down and comeback winning 3-2! Now with some regulars brasilian Ibson or Weliton they are much more dangerous up front. Trend overish game, weakness of our gkper Dikan will be shown at set pieces, corners. Both teams played in Champions League, 6.50 for away win is a joke possibe Ajax playing Willem and I dunno? I will stake 1 unit on my team too for the sake of odds.. I have Spartak left wing Dmitri Kombarov anytime goalscorer @ 7.50 Bet365 . With Kindest Regards, Kavkaz - Your international high energy tipster 11882.png34449.jpg1534.gif5760.png

PSV v Rangers Once again with Rangers in Europe I will be all over the unders. Their tactics wil be simple, setting up 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 in an attempt to keep it tight, I would not be surprised to see 0-0 or a 1-0 home win. This bet has proven to be very profitable in the last few seasons under walter Smith, especially in first legs of ties. In their run to the final a few seasons ago, every game went under 2.5 goals, and 11 0f their 16 European ties since that run have also went under. Much of the personnel is the same and the tactics certainly will be. Selection: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 with Betfair - 3 units
PSV have a top class strike force, but with Rangers' strong defensive record, this looks decent value

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Dynamo Kiev v ManCity

Dynamo improved a lot after Semin’s come back. They look more organised and play as a team. Main keeper Shovkovsky is in a good form lately and after his return from injury Dynamo doesn’t concede so many goals anymore. Attack also looks better with Milevsky, Shevchenko and Yarmolenko upfront. Those guys put 8 goals in Besiktas net in Europa league just few weeks ago and looked very well against Metalurg D. in their last domestic game. Sheva should be fit for this game and should lead his team to a victory. Shevchenko is 3d in the list of players who scored most goals in all Europian competitions. He scored 66 goals in all Euro competions above him are Inzaghi with 70 goals and Raul with 71 goals. Dynamo are very serious in getting as far as possible in Europa. Coach Semin says that Man City si a top team and they have to play even better then they did against Besiktas. Dynamo have not lost in six Europa League games since a 2-0 loss at FC Sheriff in the group stage. Furthermore, they are unbeaten in six European home matches since Barcelona beat them 2-1 in the Champions League in December 2009. In addition, they have not conceded in their last three European games at the Valeri Lobanovskyi Stadium.

Possible Line up:

Dynamo Kiev: Shovkovskiy; Silva, Ussuf, Almeida, Popov; Gusev, Vukojevic, Eremenko,Yarmolenko; Milevskiy, Shevchenko.

Dynamo stepped down from the Champions League after losing to Ajax in the play-offs and Mancini said: "The Europa League is a great competition. There are big teams in it. You can get to the quarter-finals and meet an important team."

Mancini said: "We will try to reach the final if it is possible, both in the Europa League and the FA Cup. It depends on our players recovering their strength."

It looks like man City will fight on 3 fronts – Europ aleague – FA Cup – and CL spot in EPL. The problem is can they last so many games? I know City has big squad-enough to build 2 or 3 teams but to be fair Mancini only trust 12-14 players and tries to play them in every game. Players already look tired. Tomorrow will be 4th game for City in the last 11 days. Also I have to mention City’s poor away form. They didn’t win away in group stage, they drew against Aris…Mancini says he will try to change City’s away record but it all will depend on his starting line up and players fitness.

ManchesterCity's Spanish winger David Silva played at the Valeri Lobanovskyi Stadium in the Uefa Cup during the 2008/09 season. He scored in a game which Valencia won on away goals.

Not sure about City line up. Hart will be in goal, that for sure. Will they risk Tevez? Don’t think so, probably Dzeko, Silva, Balotelli upfront. SWF and de Jong are recovered now and could come into contention.

2 teams with attacking style and great fire power upfront will meet each other. I expect City to be more tired as they played to many games lately. Dynamo will look much fresher. Taking to account City’s poor away from and Dynamo’s good home record I have to give little advantage to Ukrainians here. Also I can smell some goals here as both teams playing open football.

Dynamo to score first @1.83 bet365 Dynamo DNB @1.775 bet365

Over 2.5 goals @2.10 bet365 GL :ok

Dynamo Kiev v ManCity

Dynamo improved a lot after Semin’s come back. They look more organised and play as a team. Main keeper Shovkovsky is in a good form lately and after his return from injury Dynamo doesn’t concede so many goals anymore. Attack also looks better with Milevsky, Shevchenko and Yarmolenko upfront. Those guys put 8 goals in Besiktas net in Europa league just few weeks ago and looked very well against Metalurg D. in their last domestic game. Sheva should be fit for this game and should lead his team to a victory. Shevchenko is 3d in the list of players who scored most goals in all Europian competitions. He scored 66 goals in all Euro competions above him are Inzaghi with 70 goals and Raul with 71 goals. Dynamo are very serious in getting as far as possible in Europa. Coach Semin says that Man City si a top team and they have to play even better then they did against Besiktas. Dynamo have not lost in six Europa League games since a 2-0 loss at FC Sheriff in the group stage. Furthermore, they are unbeaten in six European home matches since Barcelona beat them 2-1 in the Champions League in December 2009. In addition, they have not conceded in their last three European games at the Valeri Lobanovskyi Stadium.

Possible Line up:

Dynamo Kiev: Shovkovskiy; Silva, Ussuf, Almeida, Popov; Gusev, Vukojevic, Eremenko,Yarmolenko; Milevskiy, Shevchenko.

Dynamo stepped down from the Champions League after losing to Ajax in the play-offs and Mancini said: "The Europa League is a great competition. There are big teams in it. You can get to the quarter-finals and meet an important team."

Mancini said: "We will try to reach the final if it is possible, both in the Europa League and the FA Cup. It depends on our players recovering their strength."

It looks like man City will fight on 3 fronts – Europ aleague – FA Cup – and CL spot in EPL. The problem is can they last so many games? I know City has big squad-enough to build 2 or 3 teams but to be fair Mancini only trust 12-14 players and tries to play them in every game. Players already look tired. Tomorrow will be 4th game for City in the last 11 days. Also I have to mention City’s poor away form. They didn’t win away in group stage, they drew against Aris…Mancini says he will try to change City’s away record but it all will depend on his starting line up and players fitness.

ManchesterCity's Spanish winger David Silva played at the Valeri Lobanovskyi Stadium in the Uefa Cup during the 2008/09 season. He scored in a game which Valencia won on away goals.

Not sure about City line up. Hart will be in goal, that for sure. Will they risk Tevez? Don’t think so, probably Dzeko, Silva, Balotelli upfront. SWF and de Jong are recovered now and could come into contention.

2 teams with attacking style and great fire power upfront will meet each other. I expect City to be more tired as they played to many games lately. Dynamo will look much fresher. Taking to account City’s poor away from and Dynamo’s good home record I have to give little advantage to Ukrainians here. Also I can smell some goals here as both teams playing open football.

Dynamo to score first @1.83 bet365 Dynamo DNB @1.775 bet365

Over 2.5 goals @2.10 bet365 GL :ok

I think this could be a draw.City won't make much,they just don not want to lose.They would be happy with a draw like 0:0 or 1:1 and then go home and win with 1:0 as it is their way to play under Mancini.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March I will play on one match in this set of fixtures. Braga v. Liverpool I'm not a prtuguese expert but I have watched Braga a little and expect them to play a tight counter game despite being at home. I see they won their last match against Benfica at the weekend which is a good result. More and more in European games the focus has shifted toward not conceding at home and then taking things from there in the second-leg. I think they'll be content to feel Liverpool out in this first-leg and perhaps kick on later in the second half. Liverpool are without Gerrard for this match which does effect them going forward - even though he hasn't been playing to his usual standards. As a team they'll be more than happy to feel Braga out and would be quite content with taking a draw back to Anfield - which has been their approach all season long. Carroll may get his first start for Liverpool in which case he'll provide a physical challenge for Braga and he'll have to work hard because I don't think Liverpool will be bombing forward to support him. All in all I can just see this one being a pretty tame draw as Liverpool will be happy to wait and push at Anfield, and Braga happy to counter at Anfield. Draw - 3.00 - 3 points - Bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Just some opinions For the Europa League I'm leaning towards Ajax -1@2,25 , Benfica -1@2,05 and Bayer @2,00 straight win (bet365) All three in good form, seem to be somewhat superior to their rivals, plus home field advantage. Braga@Liverpool should be a draw @3,00. I think that Liverpool after a splendid result vs MU won't be able to repeat this effort and will settle for a draw with the view to make things clear at Anfield. Probably under also. I'd skip Dynamo Kiev and CSKA becasue of early stage of season for them plus I'm not sure about the weather. Twente@Zenit can go either way. :hope as usual

I think this could be a draw.City won't make much' date='they just don not want to lose.They would be happy with a draw like 0:0 or 1:1 and then go home and win with 1:0 as it is their way to play under Mancini.[/quote'] Low goals seem likely surely?

Braga v. Liverpool All in all I can just see this one being a pretty tame draw as Liverpool will be happy to wait and push at Anfield, and Braga happy to counter at Anfield. Draw - 3.00 - 3 points - Bet365
I think both sides will be cautious, Braga will be keen not to concede an 'away goal' and Liverpool will probably be happy to take a draw to Anfield. 'Under 2.5 goals' is only 1/2 and not really good value at those odds, but a draw at 3.0 could be.

bayer leverkusen and Ajax game look intresting to me' date= bayer pretty strong at home and same with ajax....in bayer depends if villarreal want to win the europa and go and attack...in napoli it was a 0-0 with villarreal but bayer look strong at home
Bayer Leverkusen are unbeaten in Europe this season, both home and away, and have only lost one of their last eleven home matches in all competitions; that one loss was a 3-1 defeat against Dortmund, who have beaten almost everything in front of them domestically this year, so it's hard to hold that against Leverkusen. Villarreal lost their last match away to Atlético Madrid 3-1, and have won just three times away from home in sixteen attempts since October 2010. The home win in the Leverkusen is good value IMO. ----------- Ajax on the other hand, despite their excellent home form domestically over the past few years, they haven't been great at home in Europe in recent seasons. Going back to the start of the 2008/09 season, they've won 43.75% [7 of 16] of their home European matches, and if you discount qualifying rounds for the Champions League or Europa League, the figure drops to 38.46% [5 of 13]. I'd much rather back the both teams to score option in that match - it's the same price as an Ajax win and Spartak have scored in all four of their away matches in Europe this season, winning three of those along the way.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March I'm going to strike on one of the Europa League ties tonight. Rangers travel to Eindhoven to take on PSV and I really can't see them leaving with anything for their efforts. Rangers are on their knees. They have played a massive number of energy-sapping fixtures, most notably against Celtic recently, and their squad is diluted by injuries. They'll come here and look to contain the Dutch side, especially as only Kyle Lafferty and El Hadji Diouf are fit, recognised strikers. They are also without Lee McCulloch, who has been injured for a few weeks now and has been keenly missed in midfield. David Weir's legs are finally catching up with him and he and Madjid Bougherra will have one hell of a task keeping Marcus Berg and Ola Toivonen quiet, two strikers who are streets ahead of anything they come up against in Scotland. Rangers did edge past Sporting Lisbon in the last round but the Portuguese side were in just as much of a mess as Rangers. PSV are a well-oiled, confident and capable side. I don't know them intimately but having watched them home and away in Lille, they have a clear goalscoring threat, even without the now-departed Ibrahim Afellay. Jermaine Lens and Balazs Dzsudzsak are very capable wingers who will cause Rangers problems on the wings and Otman Bakkal and Orlando Engelaar are big, powerful players who can run the midfield. Fred Rutten will want to get the majority of the job done in Holland so that he can keep his squad fresh for the league challenge, therefore eliminating a tricky tie at Ibrox. I like the -1AH line at 1.901, I think PSV are too strong for Rangers all over the pitch, and with Walter Smith's side missing players, I can see them losing by a couple of goals. Selection - PSV Eindhoven -1AH (vs Rangers) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle

Ajax on the other hand' date=' despite their excellent home form domestically over the past few years, they haven't been great at home in Europe in recent seasons. Going back to the start of the 2008/09 season, they've won 43.75% [7 of 16'] of their home European matches, and if you discount qualifying rounds for the Champions League or Europa League, the figure drops to 38.46% [5 of 13]. I'd much rather back the both teams to score option in that match - it's the same price as an Ajax win and Spartak have scored in all four of their away matches in Europe this season, winning three of those along the way.
I have to disagree on the both teams to score. Since De Boer's arrival at Ajax the defence has been very good. In the last 6 matches (including 2x Anderlecht and PSV away) we only conceded in the cup tie against RKC, and this was an own goal. Before today's match De Boer again talked about how important it is to keep a clean sheet at home. I'm not saying Spartak won't score, but I don't see any value in that bet.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Benfica team goals over 1.5 @1.72 (b365) The odds are a bit short, but I'm pretty confident Benfica will score at least twice tonite vs a French side that (again) announced EL is not their priority. Hoarau, Jallet and Makelele won't be in the line-up for PSG, and Nene isn't performing as he was several weeks ago. Benfica are in a good streak, in spite of their defeat vs Braga - they won the 10 preceding games, and they showed several times that they can come back and turn around a game. I'll bet moderate stakes only as I don't want to risk my hard-earned CL winnings (lol), and EL is more unpredictable than CL to me, but I would be surprised if Benfica didn't score twice or more.

I'm going to strike on one of the Europa League ties tonight. Rangers travel to Eindhoven to take on PSV and I really can't see them leaving with anything for their efforts. Rangers are on their knees. They have played a massive number of energy-sapping fixtures, most notably against Celtic recently, and their squad is diluted by injuries. They'll come here and look to contain the Dutch side, especially as only Kyle Lafferty and El Hadji Diouf are fit, recognised strikers. They are also without Lee McCulloch, who has been injured for a few weeks now and has been keenly missed in midfield. David Weir's legs are finally catching up with him and he and Madjid Bougherra will have one hell of a task keeping Marcus Berg and Ola Toivonen quiet, two strikers who are streets ahead of anything they come up against in Scotland. Rangers did edge past Sporting Lisbon in the last round but the Portuguese side were in just as much of a mess as Rangers. PSV are a well-oiled, confident and capable side. I don't know them intimately but having watched them home and away in Lille, they have a clear goalscoring threat, even without the now-departed Ibrahim Afellay. Jermaine Lens and Balazs Dzsudzsak are very capable wingers who will cause Rangers problems on the wings and Otman Bakkal and Orlando Engelaar are big, powerful players who can run the midfield. Fred Rutten will want to get the majority of the job done in Holland so that he can keep his squad fresh for the league challenge, therefore eliminating a tricky tie at Ibrox. I like the -1AH line at 1.901, I think PSV are too strong for Rangers all over the pitch, and with Walter Smith's side missing players, I can see them losing by a couple of goals. Selection - PSV Eindhoven -1AH (vs Rangers) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle
Great post mate. Good reasoning and easily the best post in this thread. Good work. I will follow with medium stakes. :hope Also going for liverpool result to be a DRAW COYW FTID

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March I won't be able to bet in-play tonight, so here are a few more bets: Rangers/PSV @23.00 (b365) Draw/PSV @3.75 PSV to win from behind @7.00 Half with most goals: 2nd @2.05 0-0 @11 1-1 @7.5 PSV are the turnaround specialists, and while Rangers surely will give them a run for their money, I don't seem the losing. I'll make small bets on the low-score draws though, as the price are pretty good and PSV might just be able to come back with only the equalizer.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March hmm tempted by 3 draws in Europa tonight on first glances psv v rangers - draw rangers need at least a draw or they've no chance, injurys and fitness depleting their squad. cska moscow v porto - 2 high scoring teams, porto have more than enough to beat cska but cant see it happening away. braga v liverpool - well liverpool are a bit of a hit and miss but king kenny has them back on track. he will want to take a draw home. will stick a £5 on @ 40/1 not had a good enough look yet to get any solid picks will be back later if anything appeals :dude

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March I was surprised to see how Liverpool approached the away leg against Prague in the last round - absolutely no ambition and happy to take the nil-nil. I thought Kenny would have rated the away goal at a higher premium but he was clearly confident in Liverpool's home record. I'd expect a similar approach to Braga and reckon he'll be happy to take the draw. Braga v Liverpool to Draw: 11/5 with various bookies. Will also double up with Benfica to make 4/1 double.

hmm tempted by 3 draws in Europa tonight on first glances psv v rangers - draw rangers need at least a draw or they've no chance, injurys and fitness depleting their squad. cska moscow v porto - 2 high scoring teams, porto have more than enough to beat cska but cant see it happening away. braga v liverpool - well liverpool are a bit of a hit and miss but king kenny has them back on track. he will want to take a draw home. will stick a £5 on @ 40/1 not had a good enough look yet to get any solid picks will be back later if anything appeals :dude
Love the 3 draws idea. Will most likely go with your 3 or possibly swap Ranger game with Twente. Could be a decent draw quotient in tonight's fixtures so odds of around 40/1 represent value. Nice one.