UEFA Europa League > 10 March

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March well my call for tonight will be twente- zenit both teams to score zenit has scored in all there europa games 8-8 and ase you all know the dutch sides usally do tend to play open football and zenit can counter attack.:hope

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March CSKA Moscow - Porto under 2.5 @ 1.64 pinnacle CSKA are still underdone heading into the start of their domestic season as they lost 1-0 to Zenit St Petersburg in their Super Cup game last weekend. Prior to that they beat Shinnik Yaroslavl 1-0 in the Russina Kubok, as well as a 1-1 home draw with PAOK Salonika where they were expected to do much better, but a 1-0 away win in the firest leg was enough for them to progress to this stage. With injuries to Tosic, Cauna and Gonzalez it does not look much better for them here in a tough first leg with Porto. Porto have not conceded in their last 2 games in the Portuguese Super Liga, and in prior to that, they lost 1-0 at home to Sevilla in the Europa League but a 2-1 away win in the first leg allowed them to progress on the away goal rule. Not an eay place to go to, and playing at this time of year in Russiaalso gives the home team an advantage. Doubt that Porto will be looking to do much in this game as they will looking not to concede and take it back home where they will be looking to finish them off there. PSV - Rangers under 2.5 @ 1.88 pinnacle Expect PSV to do much of the attacking as Rangers come into this game depleted with several players out. They drew 1-1 with Sporting Lisbon at home in the first leg but showed great character to come back and draw 2-2 in the second leg on the road, and they will need to draw on that fighting spirit yet again, as the defence needs to hold to give themselves a chance for the second leg at home. In the Champions League, they drew 1-1 at Bursaspor, lost 1-0 at home to Man Utd, lost 3-0 at Valencia, drew 1-1 at home to Valencia, beat Bursaspor 1-0 at home and drew 0-0 away to Man Utd, so they do tend to keep it close in their games, and on the road they scored only once in 3 Away games in the CL, so it was a surprise they managed to scored twice in Lisbon. With their injuries, doubt that they need to be adventurous here, so like them to keep it compact here. PSV drew 2-2 with Lille and because of these goals in the first leg, the second leg was a much more open game as Lille needed to come out and score. Lille did score the opening goal but then PSV equalised, and with the sending off of Frau, Lille had nothing to lose and went for it, but got exposed as PSV scored another 2 goals to send them through to this game. However in their previous home games in the EL, they drew 0-0 with Metalist, beat Debrecen 3-0, and drew 1-1 with Sampdoria, so each of the games were low scoring. With Rangers expected to play it very tight, then it is likely that goals will be hard to come by here Bayer Leverkusen @ 1.97 pinnacle Bayer Leverkusen are in very good form in the Bundesliga where they have 5 wins and a draw in their last 8 games, and have won their last 3 home games, scoring 7 goals and not conceding in these 3 home games. They comfortably beat Metalist in the last round of the EL, beating them 4-0 on the road and finished them off with a 2-0 home win. Like them to beat Villareal who have their share of players out, with Senna, Cicinho, Lopez and Capdevila missing for this game, while Leverkusen have a near full strength side. Villareal have drawn once and lost 2 of their last 3 Spanish Primera Liga games, as they cannot reproduce the same home form where they have a win and a draw in their last 2 home games. They beat Napoli 2-1 at home in the second leg after a 0-0 first leg in Naples, but with them missing some players and facing a confident home side who are in good form, like the look of Leverkusen doing enough to win this game Liverpool (0) @ 1.81 pinnacle Sporting Braga are confident coming into this game having beaten Benfica on the weekend, and have been good at home in Europe this season, beating Lech Poznan 2-0 after losing 1-0 away in the first leg, beating Arsenal 2-0, Partizan 2-0 but losing 3-0 to Shaktar Donetsk. Liverpool on the other hand, have not taken this competition seriously in the games they have played so far in Europe this season, often picking a below strength side in the away games, and then bringing their key players back for the home legs. Though Gerrard and Suarez are unavailable, they do expect to use Carroll which will give him a good opportunity to show himself here, while Kuyt will be hungry for more goals, as will Meireles who has been finding the net regularly of late. But with the club having a light schedule of games this month, and wanting to keep them fit for the run home in the EPL, then expect them to play a near full strength side with the players they have available. Like them to use their very good win over Man Utd to spur them for this game, and expect them to play much better than they have in the previous away games in the EL. Like them to at least draw this game, and possibly even win it Twente Enschede - Zenit St Petersberg over 2.5 @ 2.22 pinnacle Twente have been amongst the goals at home in European competition this season, having drawn 2-2 with Rubin Kazan at home after beating them 2-0 on the road in the first leg. They drew 3-3 with Tottenham, drew 1-1 with Werder Bremen and drew 2-2 with Inter Milan in their 3 CL home games, so goals have been a feature of their games. Like this to be a game with goals in it, as Zenit have also shown a tendency to feature in high scoring games. They beat Young Boys 3-1 at home after losing 2-1 to them in the first leg, while they beat AEK Athens 3-0 on the road, beat Anderlecht 3-1 at home, beat Hajduk Split 3-2 away, beat Hajdul 2-0 at home, beat AEK 4-2 at home, and beat Anderlecht 3-1 away. There is no reason to suggest that they will change their approach here, so with two team who like to attack, and as well, have conceded goals in these European games, then goals here are likely. Dynamo Kiev - Man City over 2.5 @ 2.37 pinnacle Dynamo Kiev have been in very good goalscoring form this year as they beat Besiktas 4-1 away and then followed up with a 4-0 home win in the second leg. They have then beaten metlurg 2-0 in the Ukrainian league, so their strikers are finding the target. Though they drew 0-0 with Sheriff Tiraspol at home (when they already had qualified for the last 32 of the EL), they did beat AZ Alkmaar 2-0 and drew 2-2 with BATE Borisov, so they like scoring in front of their home fans. They will get another opportunity to do so again here as they face a star studded Man City side, with talent all across the park. They have been inconsistent in the EL this year, having beaten Aris Salonica 3-0 at home after a lacklustre 0-0 draw on the road in the first leg. Prior to that they drew 1-1 at Juventus, beat Salzburg 2-0 at home, lost 3-1 at Lech Poznan, beat Lech Poznan 3-1 at home, drew 1-1 with Juventus at home, and won 2-0 at Salzburg. So while they have managed to score in 7 of these 8 games, they have conceded in half of them, and their defence is not as solid as it is meant to believe they are. With Dynamo in goalscoring form, like them to score, but Man City have the players to score as well, and can see both teams keep the goals coming in. Benfica -1 (EH) @ 2.87 centrebet Benfica are in very good form having won 18 of their last 19 games in all competition before losing 2-1 on the weekend at Sporting Braga. This included a 2-1 home win over Stuttgart and then a 2-0 away win over them to see them progress here. They had 12 cleans sheets in these games, while they scored at least 2 goals in 18 of these 19 games, so they were scoring freely and regularly. They will like their chances of scoring and not conceding here as PSG have chosen not to play important players Jallet, Giuly, Makelele and Hoarau as they target a Lique 1 title. Do not fancy their chances in the first leg with these players out, and the hot form Benfica is in, so like the home team to win this one well. Ajax - Spartak Moscow over 2.5 @ 1.87 pinnacle Ajax easily disposed of Anderlecht, 3-0 away and then 2-0 at home, in the previous round of the EL, so they will be confident of their chances here. In the CL, they beat Milan 2-0 away, lost 4-0 at home to Real Madrid, lost 2-1 at Auxerre, beat Auxerre 2-1 at home, drew 1-1 at home with Milan, and lost 2-0 at Real Madrid, so their games have featured goals in them. They will be looking to strike the net at least once here to give them some edge for the second leg, but with Spartak Moscow also capable of scoring, then there may a few scored here. Spartak beat Basel 3-2 away, and then drew 1-1 to progress. In the CL, they beat Zilina 2-1 away, lost 3-0 at home to Marseille, lost 4-1 at Chelsea, lost 2-0 at home to Chelsea, beat Zilina 3-0 at home and beat Marseille 1-0 away, so goals have been a feature as well. Neither side is one that sits back and looks to defend, with both teams like to go forward, so can see some scoring here

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March

I agree with Ultravires and MugPunter on a likely Braga/Liverpool draw. Just FYI though guys, PP is offering 11/5 (3.2) on that outcome, so better than Bet 365.
I don't necessarily think a draw is likely, but I do think it's good value ;) - at odds of 3.0. Those odds mean there is a 33% chance of it happening, but I think the actual odds are more like 50%, as I think it will be probably be a cautious, defensive game.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March With this being my first post on Punters Lounge after a prolonged viewing from the sidelines I have decided to keep my picks small and build the foundations slowly to hopefully a much higher peak in the near by future. So lets get the ball rolling: Dynamo Kiev v Man City Being an avid fan of the Arsenal, I obviously follow the Premiership with a keen eye. Having seen Manchester City perform so defensively against us and of course in the Manchester Derby, coupled with the fact that when playing big games like the last round with Aris in the Europa, settling for a draw seems to be the mindset of Mancini, thus a low scoring draw or even a 1-0 loss would satisfy this drab Italian. After viewing Dynamo's statistics they seem to have a very strong record at home, with the group stages offering a fair amount of goals for them and they are yet to lose at home. Last round they spanked Beskitas 4-0. Now respect is due of course to stats like that and it would be crazy to just toss them aside, but with a great home record and Mancini's desire to play like a true Italian with 11 men behind the ball and hope for a swift counter, the result in my mind is too hard to call but certainly and under 2.5 goals seems the way to go. Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.65 Bayer Leverkusen V Villarreal Leverkusen are still unbeaten this season in the Europa League, having brushed aside all but Athletico Madrid at home. They romped into the last 16 with a 6-0 aggregate win, certainly against a weak Metalist side, but the saying is "You Can Only Beat The Team In Front Of You" which they duly did emphatically. Furthermore Leverkusen's last 5 home games have been WWWWL, with only Dortmund beating them which is nothing to be ashamed of. Villarreal on the other hand are so much more of an enigma on every level, with somewhat of a strange away record. They lost to both Dinamo Zagreb and PAOK away in the Europa and in La liga most recently to Athletico and Deportivo, with a home loss to Levante in the middle of those away losses. Yet they did manage to knock out a strong Napoli side in the last round after a 0-0 away score showing they can defend when needed too. I cannot see past Leverkusen though, with the Germans marching on, and El Submarino Amarillo sinking like the Spanish Armada. Leverkusen AH -0.5 @ 1.825 My multiplier reads 4pts @ 2/1

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Hey Guys, Some will criticize, but i see i good multiple today. CSKA Moscow ----- (to win) solid performance at home, and overall in the UEFA cup. Plus the weather today in Moscow is in their favor. DYNAMO KYIV - ---- (to win) i strongly believe that Semin is a great coach, he has brought back the team of 2009 with re enforcements (Shevchenko, Aliev - now more experienced comming home and i wouldn't doubt a goal from him today) Currently Kyiv are looking very good, playing at home. Man City, are a hell of a rival but i believe the east will shine tonight. AJAX - ---- (to win) Spartak is no match for the dutch.

With this being my first post on Punters Lounge after a prolonged viewing from the sidelines I have decided to keep my picks small and build the foundations slowly to hopefully a much higher peak in the near by future.
:welcome to PL Hercules Theo. Great 1st post - good luck with your picks. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March Braga Vs. Liverpool - Braga or Draw - 1.50 (Bet365) Skinny odds but I feel it's worth it. I haven't read through the thread, but I presume there has been a lot of mention already that Braga have a commendable recent home record against British sides, Portsmouth, Arsenal and Celtic have all fallen short, and Braga also have a strong home record in Europe generally. They stopped the unstoppable Benfica at the weekend and will undoubtedly have their tails up, figuratively speaking. They've also won their last three European home matches 2-0, against Partizan Belgrade, Lehc Poznan and again mentioning the Arsenal result. They're certainly no mugs at home and will realise this as their best chance to get anything out of this tie. Liverpool will again be without Suarez, suspended, and Gerrard, injured, but this hasn't stopped them so far. They're unbeaten in Europe this season, although it must be mentioned that they've ground out a few results this season, not stating this as a knock, it's just how they've set up under Hodgson and now Dalglish away from home. I'm sure Liverpool will be overjoyed with a 0-0 or 1-1 from tonight's encounter. I couldn't take the draw without the fear of Braga nicking this be a goal, as well as Liverpool being happy with a draw, I don't think they'll be devestated with a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat for example, knowing they will have the firepower to overturn them at Anfield, and knowing that Portugal is a hard place to get a result (Liverpool haven't won in Portugal since the 1983/84 season, I realise there hasn't been that many opportunities but still). I was tempted to take the Draw at 3.00 but I've chickened out at the 1.50 on offer for the Double Chance. Expect a scrappy encounter. Good luck all! :ok

liverpool did give a good game with manchester united last time out but this is a diffrent ball game. i am going with the under here :puke
everyone forgets the win was due to a LOT of luck... yes they deserved to win, not by 3 or even 2 imo :dude

Re: UEFA Europa League > 10 March UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 19-18-3 -0.75 units (51.35%) Ajax to advance -151 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Taking them as a pick is a straight up -200 so this seems like just good value. Ajax has been very good at home, and I've noticed (sadly) that a lot of these Russians teams are playing pretty poorly away from home in Europe.

Event Dynamo Kyiv vs Man.City
Selection Dynamo Kyiv 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.81
Reasoning After a change of coach Dynamo has played much better in domestic league and especially in Europa league. They were much behind in the group but in the last couple of rounds have overtaken the opponents and won the group with some advantage. In the elimination phase have destroyed poor Besiktas away and at home with 8:1 which shows how much they wanna do well in this competition. Man. City play this competition to their abilities I would say. They have not won away in the group and also not in the first leg of the elimination game with Aris - it ended 0:0. They do their work at home where they feel comfortable and here will not feel that way. It will be cold, the ground not very firm and not suitable for a passing game. Kyiv know how to play at home and are unbeaten in last 6 Euro games. They have great attackers - Milevski, Shevchenko and Yarmolenko who are in great form so with the help of a great home crowd are capable of taking everything. Man City have Kolo toure suspended and Milner and De Jong out. Closer to home win but who knows, maybe draw.

liverpool did give a good game with manchester united last time out but this is a diffrent ball game. i am going with the under here :puke
I think in under there is no value.Odds are around 1,50:puke I would rather go on over 2 goals(not over 2,5,if there are just 2 goals then it will be a push)

Event Twente vs Zenit
Selection Zenit 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.13
Reasoning Zenit destroyed everyone in their group and even when they didn`t have to. They should have been playing in CL this season. After the break they had some troubles with Yong Boys, obviously underestimating and maybe not totally fit. They did the job on their home ground with a 3:1 win after they lost 2:1 away. A problem for them are the missings of some excellent players: Bystrov, Gubochan, Semak, Bukharov, Lomberts but still have options in middfield and attack, defence will be tested. Twente won away at Kazan 0:2 and it was obvious that the hosts totally dropped in pace the last 20 minutes so Twente took what they were given. They had some problems at home vs Kazan as they were losing 0:2 but managed to level till the end. If they give the same to Zenit i think they will not be that lucky. Twente has their best player Ruiz out, Janko has a broken arm but will play. Now Zenit had some more weeks to prepare and become more threatening than Kazan here. Zenit is a stronger side here and they need to show it.

Yep, was just looking at that myself :ok Can see them putting in a spirited performance as always, but it has to be a daunting task playing away somewhere like PSV. I'll be interested to see the odds for specific corner handicaps on PSV, as I'd expect Rangers to be under the cosh a fair bit.
PSV-3 Corners @ 1.90 Bet365 I have been unable to do as much research as I would normally on both teams corner stats, but PSV will surely have more play in the Rangers final 3rd and I will take a bit of a punt on them being able to cover the handicap - Small stakes GL to ALL

I think in under there is no value.Odds are around 1,50:puke I would rather go on over 2 goals(not over 2,5,if there are just 2 goals then it will be a push)
you are right red there is no value so i have gone with the under+ twente -zenit both to score = 3/1

Braga - Liverpool Braga (Back) Bwin@ 3.10 Both teams are coming after they acheived great results in their home leagues. Braga defeated the contender for the title in Portugal - Benfica and Liverpool won against Man Utd. What brings me confidenece here is the attitude of Liverpool in Europa League. They don't use their best men in this tournament, Gerrard will be rested, Carrol probably won't be risked to start. Suarez is cup-tied because he participated in Champions League with his former team Ajax earlier on this season. Braga already dealt with one English club this season, Arsenal was defeated in the CL group stage with 2:0. Portugals are extremely strong team at home, mainly relying on their home games to accumulate points in the Portugal league as well in the European competitions. Great price for a home win which worts a shot. Leverkusen - Villareal Villareal (0) (Asian-handicap) Bet365 @ 3.20 Another good price for me. Villareal is quality enough team to hold at least a draw against Leverkusen. Spanyards lay on the compfortable 4th position in La Liga 9 pts above the 5th Bilbao which guarantees them champions league quota. The compfortable lead in front of Bilbao allows them to focus their power in the Europa League Cup and why not to win it continuing the good traditions of the spanish clubs which won the tourney 4 times in the last 10 years. Borja, Cani, Rossi and Nilmar have the potential to pick an away win here.
Great night for me :cheers

PSV v Rangers Once again with Rangers in Europe I will be all over the unders. Their tactics wil be simple, setting up 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 in an attempt to keep it tight, I would not be surprised to see 0-0 or a 1-0 home win. This bet has proven to be very profitable in the last few seasons under walter Smith, especially in first legs of ties. In their run to the final a few seasons ago, every game went under 2.5 goals, and 11 0f their 16 European ties since that run have also went under. Much of the personnel is the same and the tactics certainly will be. Selection: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 with Betfair - 3 units :nana
Spot on.