** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 20th of Feb

Aidymac

Ezdiyaad - Market Rasen 2:30 This is an interesting horse having its handicap debut tomorrow for Kevin Morgan in this Class 4 Handicap over 2m 1f on good to soft ground. It won 3 times on the flat for Tregoning and its last run was fairly eye-catching, finishing 4th of 14 on soft ground at Huntingdon a few weeks ago, behind what i think could be a very useful horse in Buckie Boy, trained by Henderson. It has the advantage of being unexposed in this sphere and this looks a weaker race than the last race it ran in, the probable favourite Quite The Man looks opposable as it should not have won last time out and gets a 5 pound rise in the weights. I like my selections chances. 1 Point win @ 5/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 3.55 Kempton This is gonna be run at a good clip with so many front runners in the lineup in Dens gift, Pegasus Again and Samarinda. Gonna put a line through those 3 as I feel theyre all got something to prove without taking each other on upfront. Chilli Green is unexposed at this trip and is improving but she often has a tendency to pull hard and this race is competitive again off a 5lb higher mark and would need to settle better which is a massive risk at a short price. Hereford Boy made an encouraging return after nearly a year off the track last time out finishing well in a race that was run at a steady pace but should be much more suited to how this race should be run, had a good run last winter and only 4lb above last winning mark and could come on for the run last time out. Lockantanks finally got a well deserved win last time out having run consistently all winter and did it in convincing style as if there was perhaps more to come, 7lb rise fairly hefty but going the right way all of a sudden and another that should be suited to the way the race should be run. Highly Regal cannot be ignored at any price round here and although largely out of sorts this winter he returned to form last time out when just a shorthead second to the Happy Hammer round lingfield, all best form has come round here over Cd with 6 wins, up a 1lb for latest effort but still extremely well handicapped on best form having won off a mark 8lb higher. 1pt win Lockantanks 9/2 VC

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 2:20 Kempton - Chevise - Back She's the form horse of race and is best in at the weights in relation to ratings. She beat Captain Dimitros lto, and although that rival is 3lb better of here for a 1lb defeat, Chevise was probably value for a bit more of than that raw winning margin and can go in again here 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 15:45 sedg Rawaaj - Backed it when it beat Spider Boy by 1 1/2 length only to find out took wrong course and disqualified.LTO beaten by a head to Shalamber who went up 5 pounds and went on to win next by 3/4 of a length. Rawaaj is up 4 pounds for today and the experienced jockey in Jason Maguire on board. Slight concern about heavy going but willing to go 1pt win for this. 7/4 V/C

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb Chilli Green 15.55 Kempton - 5/2 Bet 365 - 1pt win Hearing good things about this one. Up 5lbs and should go well again today. Decent record at kempton and back over 1m which like the right distance at the moment (likely to get further)

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 20 Feb 2011 - 3:55 Kempton - Win Best Odds Guaranteed! Samarinda @ 12/1 Stake : £1.00 bet placed with william hill Samarinda has 9 wins from its 55 starts,including over this course and distance,has also won carrying 9lb more than todays weight,so if runs its race should be there or there abouts 12/1 is a big price.little e/w also,but for the sake of this thread a 1pt win

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 4.25 Kempton Snowy Peak - lost little in defeat behind the useful newcomer Ruby Brook from the Ralph Beckett yard, and the more exerpienced Crafty Roberto last time. Caravan Rolls one finished well back that day and since come out and won. It should be a race to produce further winners. 7/4 Hills, 1 pt

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 2:50 Kempton - Humongous This fellas runs improve with blinkers and although he hasn't worn them since '08, I feel he is still worth a punt. At the start of the two periods that he has worn them he's recorded 4th (then 1st) and 2nd. There isn't a stand out performer in the rest of the field either, which is encouraging, so the 20/1 price looks too good to be true. 20/1 ladbrokes (ew) bog

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 4.40 Naas Ballinhow Lady ew 12/1 Bet 365 Won her maiden hurdle over todays course on distance on soft ground. Shaped up well when finishing fourth at Punchestown and looks well handicapped here. Runs best when racing prominently rather than being held up or front running and with plenty of pace in the race those tatics should be able to be adopted today and with conditions in her favour has a good chance today.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 310 Seg: Maggio (100/30 Lads) Decent price this one when you look at the class of races he has been contesting in Ireland. 3rd to the useful Hidden Cyclone in a Grade 3 and then not beaten all that far behind Rigour Back Bob in a Grade 2 last time. This is much easier and recieves weight from the fav at the top who was disappointing the last time he ran on heavy ground. Looks to be the value bet in the race.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb

20 Feb 2011 - 3:55 Kempton - Win Best Odds Guaranteed! Samarinda @ 12/1 Stake : £1.00 bet placed with william hill Samarinda has 9 wins from its 55 starts,including over this course and distance,has also won carrying 9lb more than todays weight,so if runs its race should be there or there abouts 12/1 is a big price.little e/w also,but for the sake of this thread a 1pt win
:notworthy Nice 1 twinny in awe of your ability not to finish last LEGEND:moon

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 2.30 Market Rasen Viscount Rossini 9/1 bet365 bog Always runs well around here and excellent chance on favourite ground at the right distance. Jockey gets on well with this horse and interesting to see some money for him this morning. Multiple winner in an average race with Quite the Man the only danger and likely forecast.:hope

2.30 Market Rasen Viscount Rossini 9/1 bet365 bog Always runs well around here and excellent chance on favourite ground at the right distance. Jockey gets on well with this horse and interesting to see some money for him this morning. Multiple winner in an average race with Quite the Man the only danger and likely forecast.:hope
You dont see Ezdiyaad as a danger? :tongue2

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 3.55 Kempton: Hereford Boy 1pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG Very encouraging reappearance after an 8 month break when close up 5th over this trip at Lingfield LTO. Sure to get a decent pace today which will suit this hold up performer well - has the ability to win from this mark in my opinion having won from 4lbs lower and went close from a couple of pounds higher in the past. Jamie Spencer booked which could prove ideal given the horse's style of racing and with being sure to strip fitter for recent reappearance, could see it going very close.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb Kemp 1.45 - Chevise - win at 8/13 BOG with Bet365 I've only managed 1 winner this month and it's doing my head in, so I'm gonna use the last week to try and get some winers regardless of price, just to get a bit of confidence back Chevise looks 'nailed on' today, going for a 4 timer, is a CD winner (the only one in the field), is best in at the weights on OR (but only just, odds on is probably not good value from a handicapping point of view) Main rival, Captain Dmitrios, is having his 7th run of the year already, a typical David Evans campaign. Stikes me as a horse who needs to be stepping up in trip, He did finish only a length behind the selection last time they met and is better off at the weights but I think the selection will outspeed him in the finish

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb Sedgefield 3.45 - Rawaaj 1 pts win @ 7/4 with Bet365 Really should have won lto at Donny when he was just beaten a head by Shalambar (who's since gone on to win again) and this race looks an easier task for him. The ground should not be an issue as he has form on softer ground.

Kemp 1.45 - Chevise - win at 8/13 BOG with Bet365 I've only managed 1 winner this month and it's doing my head in, so I'm gonna use the last week to try and get some winers regardless of price, just to get a bit of confidence back Chevise looks 'nailed on' today, going for a 4 timer, is a CD winner (the only one in the field), is best in at the weights on OR (but only just, odds on is probably not good value from a handicapping point of view) Main rival, Captain Dmitrios, is having his 7th run of the year already, a typical David Evans campaign. Stikes me as a horse who needs to be stepping up in trip, He did finish only a length behind the selection last time they met and is better off at the weights but I think the selection will outspeed him in the finish
Apologies BH..........I got the race time wrong, it should be the 2.20 I seem to be posting wrong race times a lot recently..........:unsure Must be an age thing............:D

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 3:10 Sedgefield Jack The Gent 1pt win - 7/4 (Boyles) Should be evens but not the most fashionable in winning so has been underrated. Will enjoy the heavy ground which will play to his stamina. He'll try to make all I suspect. Jumps hurdles very well and I'm convinced that's what cost him lto. They omitted the last few hurdles due to the sunlight so it turned into a flat race towards the end, and he was run down by King of the Night, an exciting Nicholls novice and Basford Bob. This doesn't look a brilliant field so I'm hopeful of a win here.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb Sorry BH. 2.50 Kempton Professor John win Horse has never ran over this trip so a bit of a guessing game but last time out this horse seemed to be outpaced before staying on again in the closing stages. Think its well worth trying the extra trip here and the horse is blinkered first time which could bring about a little more improvement. The current form jockey is on board so I think this horse has a good chance here.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 3:35 Naas - JIM WILL FIX IT @ 16/1 e-w Bet365 Quite a competetive grade 2 here with afew lto winners but i'm deciding with one of the outsiders JIM WILL FIX IT who was dissapointing lto in a big field maiden hurdle and is worth another chance. Before that he won a couple of bumpers 1 of which looks decent form with a couple of nto winners and also won a point previous to that. The testing ground today should suit and drop back to 2 mile no problem.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 4th time of tipping this one up on the site and hopefully this time steady Eddie can get her going abit sooner, she can hit a flat spot but am glad to see her up in trip to the 1m. She hit some trouble last time out but should be hard to beat in this race. If the chips are down and its get out of jail time then let Eddie Ahern bail you out. Kempton Park 5:25 But Beautiful 1pt win 11/8 at VC Best of luck.

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb Kempton 3:20 Prince Charlemagne 20-1 BET365(BOG) 1 point win Think i may have found a bit of value in this race. Is a course winner so has a good record here from looking through his results, at this C&D has some positive results finishing 3rd off a weight of 9-6 in a class 4 for example. Today he runs in a class 5 carrying 9-2 and the jockey takes off 5lbs. This is because his last two runs have been poor for the new yard but they were at southwell and here over 11/12f, its clear to see that this horse needs further and 2m is his optimum trip. Im willing to forgive those runs as the distance was too short and it means he has had some competitive racing and the reason why we are getting odds of 20-1. There are some good improving horse but none that match this horses record really and with the 7lb claimer this looks like a steal. If the yard have this horse right, the apprentice jockey doesnt make any serious mistakes this horse has a big chance.

Kempton 3:20 Prince Charlemagne 20-1 BET365(BOG) 1 point win Think i may have found a bit of value in this race. Is a course winner so has a good record here from looking through his results, at this C&D has some positive results finishing 3rd off a weight of 9-6 in a class 4 for example. Today he runs in a class 5 carrying 9-2 and the jockey takes off 5lbs. This is because his last two runs have been poor for the new yard but they were at southwell and here over 11/12f, its clear to see that this horse needs further and 2m is his optimum trip. Im willing to forgive those runs as the distance was too short and it means he has had some competitive racing and the reason why we are getting odds of 20-1. There are some good improving horse but none that match this horses record really and with the 7lb claimer this looks like a steal. If the yard have this horse right, the apprentice jockey doesnt make any serious mistakes this horse has a big chance.
Should have went EW, 2nd at 33-1 :@

Re: BBOTD - 20th of Feb 4:55 Esteem Lord@ Kempton - Been in pretty good form and has won twice since changing yards last year.The The first of those came over course and distance and was beaten favourite LTO at Lingfield finishing third.Jockey Adam Kirby has won on the horse before and can go close again 1pt Win @ 7/1 Ladbrokes