** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb

Spooner

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb

What do you think about Dynamo K. ? I read they will take this one serious' date='is that true ? They were better team of those two in first leg,now they are hosts and Quaresma,Simao are out for BJK.Is it worth to bet on HW for bigger stake ?[/quote'] Didn't really want to touch it.Coach Semin gave Dynamo discipline back.Players are happy and you can see the result.After 4-1 team should be relaxed and play for fun as evryone knows there is no way Besiktas will score more then 3 goals away.Why?Simples.Dynamo's main keeper Shovkovsky is back in form now.He's been with Dynamo for more then 10 years,played many games in CL and also he is National team's main keeper-he is very experienced.Dynamo's defence is not that bad too.The situation in Besiktas reminds me Liverpool and Benites when manager sgould simply leave but he doesn't want to lose money so i think he is just waiting to be sucked.Players fight in dressing room,low morale,missing players...How can they turn it around?They have nothing to lose really.they lost 3 matches in a row.I think it will all depend on Besiktas players.Will they fight for their pride or will they speed up manager's departure?So from one side we have Relaxed Dynamo from other Angry Besiktas with nothing to lose.Result?I don't know but i can see goals here. Both to score @1.80 bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Hi people, I'm new on here, so take it steady on me!! Looks a tasty night of Europa action tonight. One team I will be staying well away from is Liverpool. Yeah, I know they are massive, have the history and all that but I'm still not convinced with them....yet. It could go either way, all depends on who KD starts with. My accy for this is as follows with brief details: SPORTING LISBON v Rangers - the Scots are shite away from home and I can see them getting a roasting in Portugal. PSG v BATE Borisov - the French have been playing some decent stuff of late, in both the Europa and their respectful league. A definite home win. DYNAMO KIEV v Besiktas - DK are tough at home with a somewhat ferocious home support. Almost like a 12th man. Fancy them for not only tonight but also a great outside bet of almost 20/1 to win the cup. MANCHESTER CITY v Aris Salonika - will it be four, will it be five? A definite hammering and City to march on. £20 on these teams to win results in a £96 return at William Hill. Good luck people!! :D

Hi people, I'm new on here, so take it steady on me!! Looks a tasty night of Europa action tonight. One team I will be staying well away from is Liverpool. Yeah, I know they are massive, have the history and all that but I'm still not convinced with them....yet. It could go either way, all depends on who KD starts with. My accy for this is as follows with brief details: SPORTING LISBON v Rangers - the Scots are shite away from home and I can see them getting a roasting in Portugal. PSG v BATE Borisov - the French have been playing some decent stuff of late, in both the Europa and their respectful league. A definite home win. DYNAMO KIEV v Besiktas - DK are tough at home with a somewhat ferocious home support. Almost like a 12th man. Fancy them for not only tonight but also a great outside bet of almost 20/1 to win the cup. MANCHESTER CITY v Aris Salonika - will it be four, will it be five? A definite hammering and City to march on. £20 on these teams to win results in a £96 return at William Hill. Good luck people!! :D
Your bets are ok,took some of the teams myself.But...your reasoning is not very good mate.Don't get me wrong but where did you here about "furious" Dynamo fans?:lol Dynamo actually have sh*t fans.You can hardly see half stadium when they play.Shakhtar has much better fans and full stadium almost all the time. about PSG,i took them myself.But today i found info that Europa is not really that important for PSG and their manager will even rest some players.It's only a rumour,we shell see befor KO.If it's tru i may lay them in play if not then my bet shell remain. GL and :welcome

Not the greatest reasoning in the world but I think the bet is solid! :tongue2 It was a reasonably open game last time out but I don't think YB will be overly attacking, although if their past results away from home are anything to go by this might not be the best tactic..still make Zenit favourites to go through and this is obviously an important game for both sides. No point really in going through all the possible scores and their consequences on qualification, but Zenit are still returning from pre season and while their performance should be sharper than last week, when I expect they got a bollocking at FT for letting the draw slip away, I can't see this one going over 3 goals. The cold is obviously a factor as is YB failure to score away from home in their last 3 EL ties. Low scoring Zenit win for me.. Under 3.5 Goals 1.61 (Ladbrokes) 7/10
:(..the minute YB scored I knew it wasn't going to come in.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Manchester City-Aris over 3 @ 2.18 I think there's a fairly good chance that City hammer them here...I also think there's a good chance that Aris score. While they are not a high-scoring team and Greece Super is not a high-scoring league, Aris have created a fair number of chances when playing away. The competition wasn't as good as today's, but look at their results away in this competition so far: Jagiellonia 1 - 2 Austria Wien 1 - 1 Rosenborg 2 - 1 Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 0 Atlético Madrid 2 - 3 At home they hardly score or concede, but away is a different story. Tactically, they know they can't hold 0-0 against this team, and whenever City score it will have to open up the game. And a score from Aris will require two from the home side. Remember also that in the first leg, there were 11 saves by the keepers recorded on 25 shots, 13 by Aris. The game opened up considerably as it wore on.

does anyone know much about braga thinking of laying big on them and lisbon in a double :unsure
Braga were a force last year in liga sagras but this year have failed to impress. They been getting better each season since their stadium was made bigger for euro 2004 and last season was their best effort finishing 2nd. They signed 5 or 6 players in the summer to make their squad bigger for their first time in the champions league but sold some in the winter including that mattaues guy who scored twice against areseal. They have been rather poor of late in their league and lost at home at the weekend. Thats all I have to offer mate.

Paddy Power are offering 5.00 for Twente, Man City, Ajax. Thinking this looks good odds. Any advice anyone?
I'd be careful with the Dutch teams bro both can afford to lose and still go thru, I'm not saying they won't be looking for the win but if Ajax were 1-0 down from first leg then I would fancy them a whole lot more.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Not seen anything which gives real great value. Simple multi for me, Ajax and Man City games both over 1.5 goals @ (1.54). Man City are pretty poor on their travels, but at home they are a completely different side, Aris will know City will attack, and they cant just sit back and soak that up, presuming they know Man City will score they need to score goals also, and City have the firepower up front to put the ball in the net a few times, I find it unlikely this will end 0-0 after 90min like in Aris, over 1.5 could be won on this bet before the first 45 has ended.. Ajax have a nice 3-0 lead away from home, but Anderlecht wont give up without a fight and they are going into this game expecting to turn this around, Ajax may rest a few players for important league game against PSV on Sunday so they can catch up on the top 2 and be back in CL football, I think this will leave both sides with plenty of chances to score, I expect goals in this game.

1st card before 25' in Sporting-Rangers @1.83 (b365) Two teams that don't stint on physical challenges, both used to getting a good number of cards. The line is at 5.5 for overs @1.83, so I won't bet on that, but a pretty early card isn't unlikely and it already happened several times for both sides, in EL and domestic leagues. Small stakes.
1st card at 10' for Sporting :beer

Zenit wins to nil @2.25 (b365) YB has been poor on the road in European competitions, and traveling to Russia shouldn't be any easier. Zenit will normally make sure not to concede the away goal, and even if their defense is not air-tight, they should be able to contain the YB side. Again, I will be looking at the card market once it is up, since keeping guests from scoring might involves several fouls, and if YB do score, tempers might fray pretty fast.
3-1 :( Five cards, but I forgot to look up the card market.

braga liverpool sporting lisbon villareal psg around 10-1 gotta b worth a tenna
I did ask for some reasoning last time you posted in here. Picks without reasoning belong in the Midweek/Weekend Bets thread, not in here. Also, please quote the bookie as well as the odds you are taking.
jog on you muppet. where should i av put the post then:@
No need for this either. Keep it civil please.

Paddy Power are offering 5.00 for Twente, Man City, Ajax. Thinking this looks good odds. Any advice anyone?
:welcome to PL mate. Rather than just asking for other people's opinions, let us know what you think. Why do you think those teams are a good thing? You'll find you get a better response that way. :ok

Man City wins to nil @1.66 (b365) " leads after 10min @4.5 Aris can be proud of their EL results so far, but they are now playing as guests vs one of the best defense of Premier League. I can't see Citizens tripping up tonight, and even if it might end up with a mere 1-0, they are huge favorite to score and keep a clean sheet. I'm even willing to put a token amount on a City goal before 10'.
I would very strongly reccomend that you don't bet City to score inside 10 minutes. They have been consistently weak in the opening 20 minutesin many recent matches. I'd need odds of at least 10 to put that bet on. Always struggle with Europa league betting because there are too many unknowns for my liking. Although I know a reasonable amount about City for the Europa league. A rumour earlier was that City were working on a new formation at training all week which would see 3 CB's played and Zaba and Kolorav as Wing backs with Balotelli on bench. I'm thinking draw at half time with City win but haven't checked the odds yet.

I would very strongly reccomend that you don't bet City to score inside 10 minutes. They have been consistently weak in the opening 20 minutesin many recent matches. I'd need odds of at least 10 to put that bet on. Always struggle with Europa league betting because there are too many unknowns for my liking. Although I know a reasonable amount about City for the Europa league. A rumour earlier was that City were working on a new formation at training all week which would see 3 CB's played and Zaba and Kolorav as Wing backs with Balotelli on bench. I'm thinking draw at half time with City win but haven't checked the odds yet.
Very strong team out for Man City with a three strikers in Dzeko, Tevez & Balotelli in what looks like a very attacking 4-3-3 formation. Price is very, very short at 1/5 though.

PSV @1.9 (b365) Lille has clearly stated that EL is not their priority, and the 2-2 in 1st leg pretty much sends them off anyway. PSV focuses on Eredivisie too, but they still try to win every game and with the home edge, vs an demotivated opponent, they should win this leg.
3-1 :beer

PSV Eindhoven v Lille (2-2 Agg.) - Over 50 points @ 13/10 - 888Sport PSV, top of the Dutch league vs 1st placed Lille in the French league have it all to play for here. However, I'm not interested in the result but the cards in this one. The previous leg resulted in 7 bookings, and now have a card happy Eduardo Iturralde González in control of the second. This guy is not afraid to flash a card, he produced 7 yellows and a red in his last match domestically whilst his last Europeon game saw 10 yellows. When he's involved in a big match, he likes to be the center of attention. He took control of the Barcelona/Real Madrid game last November and nearly managed to book the whole Madrid side, producing 13 bookings and a red for Ramos.
I like the look of this based on the stats you provided. What source do you use for your referee stats?
Nice shout mate. :clap I took over 4.5 cards and doubled up with over 2.5 goals so well chuffed. :cheers

To add to your explanation. I really dont like either of your bets here. First the +0.5 on Napoli, could look like a decent bet, but in all truth, with Cavani out (who will score goals for them??) and with Cannavaro and Maggio also out - all players rested, Napoli is at least 35% weaker. If you remember last season, Napoli had almost same squad as this season, only difference was that Cavani came instead of Quagliarela, who is the most incosistent striker in Italy. So take Cavani out, and Napoli is "usual" team. Probably same influence on the team as if you would take out Messi for Barcelona. Other thing is, Napoli have major game against Milan in this Serie A round, so focus is already on that game - Mazzari words. On both to score bet, Cavani out do says a lot, he is their main weapon for scoring, Lavezzi is not striker, he is a provider, and also lineup that is probable only confirms that Napoli would park the bus and wait for counters, with 7 defensive oriented players. The bets i like here are Villareal win and under 2.5, but odds at both are so bad, that the only thing is to wait for livebetting and watch the game. I reckon, Villareal would win it, but the game play will show first eleven and how teams are playing. So, basically, Villareal -0.5 with odds over 2.0 live the only option here for me.
Time for betting: Villareal -0.5 @ 2.13 (at 0-1) 4 units. explanation above