** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb

Spooner

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb CSKA wins to nil @1.9 (b365) (x10) FS 0-0 @11 (x1) CSKA got several clean sheets in their group games, and PAOK isn't good on the road. They're also in a goalless streak (found the net only once in their last five games). Aggregated odds are @1.8 on CS, with a refund on 0-0.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb PSV @1.9 (b365) Lille has clearly stated that EL is not their priority, and the 2-2 in 1st leg pretty much sends them off anyway. PSV focuses on Eredivisie too, but they still try to win every game and with the home edge, vs an demotivated opponent, they should win this leg.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb

Seriously thinking of sticking 300 on CSKA @1/3 this looks on paper as being an easy 100 squid CSKA Look too good at home and I would consider them a real contender to lift the Europa league..... Anyone have any views I should be weary about before placing such a large bet !!???
I wouldn't. CSKA lead 1-0 from the first leg, meaning they actually don't HAVE to win to qualify. They probably will win, but 1/3 is hardly great value.

Seriously thinking of sticking 300 on CSKA @1/3 this looks on paper as being an easy 100 squid CSKA Look too good at home and I would consider them a real contender to lift the Europa league..... Anyone have any views I should be weary about before placing such a large bet !!???
Well the weather is obviously a big factor, -15 is pretty bad and it is obviously the same for both teams you would strongly fancy CSKA to deal with it better, the artificial pitch is another problem for PAOK the coach has said this is a big disadvantage as they have little experience of playing on such surfaces, not surprising considering the climate in Greece! CSKA's record in the Europa league so far is superb, they have won all their home games but at least 2 goals and while the 'they don't need to win' argument can be applied they have effectively been building towards these matches since December so I don't expect them to score one then shut up shop, doesn't seem they are that kind of side. They had the better of the first leg and will be solid favourites for this one. Slutski said the players were tiring in the second half last week and that should be considered, they are effectively in pre season so we shouldn't take the fact that up to now their goalscoring record has been very good, this is effectively a new season for them. They have experienced this situation plently of times before though so while it shouldn't be discounted I have confidence the coaches will have prepared them correctly. PAOK are at full strength, CSKA have Vagner Love back in training but I'm not sure if he is being considered for this match or not, be a big boost if he is though, imagine a spot on the bench is the best we can expect. There are a few if's and but's on this one like all games but CSKA are rightly strong favourites and while I don't expect PAOK to be adventurous at all they will have to attack at some points to try and get back in the tie, if CSKA score early it could end up two or three.. CSKA -1,-1.5AH 7/10 1.93 (victor chandler)

I wouldn't. CSKA lead 1-0 from the first leg' date=' meaning they actually don't HAVE to win to qualify. They probably will win, but 1/3 is hardly great value.[/quote'] :lol My 'they don't have to win' comment wasn't directed at you, hadn't read your post before submitting, but I could guarantee someone was going to put it..;)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb should be a soft 100 euro john, fancy them to go all the way to dublin,no side will like playing in those sub zero temperatures and on the artificial pitch... only young boys would have as much experience on a pitch like that and there going back to bed after thursday when zenit stuff them.i fancy a cska 2-3 nil win tonight:D

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb FC Porto for me tomorrow, for some resons : - i am a porto fan, i follow them all weeks, they are in an amazing shape since the outset of the season - they are better than sevilla as a team, even if sevilla have talentuous wingers ( their strong point) - sevilla will going to attack of each side of the pitch, given their weakness defensively, porto will score goals, i am convinced about that. - andre villas boas is so smart tactically and i am sure he will manage the team stretch to the victory.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb A little bit about sporting, they are completely dead, i have seen the derby yesterday, they seems like a team without any ideas, without good forwards, defensively they let huge spaces behind us, their coach should end up training, they are dreadful, therefore i bet rangers to knock out sporting.

Well the weather is obviously a big factor, -15 is pretty bad and it is obviously the same for both teams you would strongly fancy CSKA to deal with it better, the artificial pitch is another problem for PAOK the coach has said this is a big disadvantage as they have little experience of playing on such surfaces, not surprising considering the climate in Greece! CSKA's record in the Europa league so far is superb, they have won all their home games but at least 2 goals and while the 'they don't need to win' argument can be applied they have effectively been building towards these matches since December so I don't expect them to score one then shut up shop, doesn't seem they are that kind of side. They had the better of the first leg and will be solid favourites for this one. Slutski said the players were tiring in the second half last week and that should be considered, they are effectively in pre season so we shouldn't take the fact that up to now their goalscoring record has been very good, this is effectively a new season for them. They have experienced this situation plently of times before though so while it shouldn't be discounted I have confidence the coaches will have prepared them correctly. PAOK are at full strength, CSKA have Vagner Love back in training but I'm not sure if he is being considered for this match or not, be a big boost if he is though, imagine a spot on the bench is the best we can expect. There are a few if's and but's on this one like all games but CSKA are rightly strong favourites and while I don't expect PAOK to be adventurous at all they will have to attack at some points to try and get back in the tie, if CSKA score early it could end up two or three.. CSKA -1,-1.5AH 7/10 1.93 (victor chandler)
:(

CSKA wins to nil @1.9 (b365) (x10) FS 0-0 @11 (x1) CSKA got several clean sheets in their group games, and PAOK isn't good on the road. They're also in a goalless streak (found the net only once in their last five games). Aggregated odds are @1.8 on CS, with a refund on 0-0.
1-1 :( Mitigated that with live betting.

Cheers all for your insights, very helpful!! Decided to place the bet, just think the home factor, conditions and pitch will result in a comfortable win for CSKA Here's hoping anyway :hope
I feel your pain Johnny,didn't bet on this match myself but something similar happened me last year.I went big and it ended up 1-1 with my team missing an injury time penalty.But by the same token a last minute goal in Brazil saved my bacon bigtime one night.People can say i told you so etc but that's not going to make you feel any better. It'll take a few days but you'll be back on the horse again.Football is a funny old game.........

CSKA - Paok Just going on stats here, since no one said anything about this one.The last defeat of CSKA in all of Europe happened in 6 april 2010, 0-1 by Inter in CL. In 16 home games, CSKA has lost only 4 of them, and has only one draw. That leaves out 11 wins, among which are the four last games. So home win is out of discussion, based on these stats, however the value is too low, and don't even justify the handicaps. That leaves available under/over market about which I have no idea, and goal/no goal market. That's where my bet will go. Check out this, in 19 EL home games, CSKA has received goals only in 7 of them. I think this trend can continue tonight. CSKA to win to nil @ 1.83 Bet365 low stake:@:@
Funny substitute goalkeeper, closing his eyes before kicking.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Porto vs Sevilla Had my eye on this fixture since the first leg and I have to say I strongly fancy Porto to win this one. Porto are looking good domestically, Currently holding top spot, 8 points clear of 2nd placed Benfica. Porto won 11 out of 11 at home in the league, scoring 32 and conceeding only 5. From the first leg Porto are winning the tie 2-1 with goals from Guarin and Rolando so a draw is enough to see them through. So, I feel that With Sevilla having to go in search for goals that Porto have enough quality to pick them off quite easily. Sevilla are struggling at the moment, one win in seven matches in all competitions. They ended that terrible run with a 1-0 win on sunday at home to Hercules but that doesn't impress me much since Hercules have been pretty poor other than that shock win at Barcelona in the opening month. Porto @ 4/5 (Bet365).

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Both to Score - Yes PSV V Lille (2-2) Top of the table clash between Holland and France with not much to split them after the first leg. PSV are scoring plenty of goals at home in the domestic competition with an average of 3.38 goals per game. They have only kept a clean sheet in 23% of these games which is ok for them as they score plenty. In Europe they kept a clean sheet in 2 out of 3 home games with the final one these finishing 0-0, both teams had already qualified when they played so it was pretty much a dead match. Lille have scored in 83% of their away matches in the French league. In the Europa league their away form shows they scored in 2 out 3 away games. Best price at time of post is 5/6 Coral, although I will put it in a double with Inter Milan V Bayern Munich with Betfred @ 9/4

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Took Young Boys +1.5 @ 1.95 Betfair Zenit has Bukharov and Kerzhakov injured, Bystrov is suspended and Lombaerts injured. Lukovic coming back from injury and is available. Lazovic was substituted due to injury in the first match and is uncertain. Rosina is on loan to Cesena and if Lazovic misses the game Zenit has no other attacker in their squad. Two keys upfront missing, Kerzhakov/Bystrov, and Young Boys a decent team, although struggeling a bit domestic. Zenit will go through to the next round with a 1-0 victory. The game has set to start 7 pm, local time, due to cold weather. Young Boys +1.5 low stake.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb What an absolutley disgusting card. Couldn't be having Liverpool or any of the home teams at those odds. Rangers are the kind of tight, gritty scroungy team who can go to Portugal and bring it into extra time at least, so maybe a theres +1 hcap there but im not sure about the rest. Half of these games will end in draws and the other half in narrow 1 goal home wins. Couldn't trust Benfica away either after last week (Still sore about them not covering the goal hcap in a 44/1 acca) but i think that sums up Europa leauge. Taking 2 or 3 valuless home wins in a multi-bet at evens or above is madness guys. This is Europa leauge the twilight zone of football.

What an absolutley disgusting card. Couldn't be having Liverpool or any of the home teams at those odds. Rangers are the kind of tight, gritty scroungy team who can go to Portugal and bring it into extra time at least, so maybe a theres +1 hcap there but im not sure about the rest. Half of these games will end in draws and the other half in narrow 1 goal home wins. Couldn't trust Benfica away either after last week (Still sore about them not covering the goal hcap in a 44/1 acca) but i think that sums up Europa leauge. Taking 2 or 3 valuless home wins in a multi-bet at evens or above is madness guys. This is Europa leauge the twilight zone of football.
I agree it is hard to see where the value lies in many of these games

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Cant see this one losing, in my view well worth 20 beans at least im sticking 50 on it Liverpool PSV Zenit Man City @3.90 Got seriously stung by placing large bets on CSKA and Porto this week in Europa League which normally would lead to me staying away from the Bloody competition, but both teams should have won their fixtures but failed to, I honestly put this down to the fact they held leads from the away leg. YET BOTH STILL QUALIFIED.... Anyone who seen the games will agree Porto should have whipped seville and CSKA didnt come out at all.... The reason I tell you this is as none of the teams I picked here are coming into their home fixture with wins, all need to win and are clearly superior to the teams they face.... Really feel this is an absolute banker ... Fingers crossed :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 22-24 Feb Man City v Aris Salonika Man City -2 @ 8/5 (William Hill) Correct score Man City 3-0 @ 6/1 (William Hill) Correct score Man City 4-0 @ 9/1 (William Hill) Again, I can't see Man City losing this. Everything is in their favour to get a result at home here, especially off the back of a big win at the weekend. It is in fact a very similar style of game to the one Man City played against Notts County in that the standard between Aris and Notts is not that different. Again, the pitch in the first leg was pretty poor and had a big effect on Man City's game. Back in Manchester this will be a different story. Mancini NEEDS to win a trophy this season and the Europa League is probably his best shot after the FA Cup. City will also want to put at least a couple of goals against Aris as they know an away goal for them could be catastrophic.

Took Young Boys +1.5 @ 1.95 Betfair Zenit has Bukharov and Kerzhakov injured, Bystrov is suspended and Lombaerts injured. Lukovic coming back from injury and is available. Lazovic was substituted due to injury in the first match and is uncertain. Rosina is on loan to Cesena and if Lazovic misses the game Zenit has no other attacker in their squad. Two keys upfront missing, Kerzhakov/Bystrov, and Young Boys a decent team, although struggeling a bit domestic. Zenit will go through to the next round with a 1-0 victory. The game has set to start 7 pm, local time, due to cold weather. Young Boys +1.5 low stake.
Kerzhakov is not injured,he has high temperature.He is 50/50.Lazovich will play.Don't piss in your pants so early,Zenit still will have 11 plaers on the pitch.But yes,i agree even if they win it won't be more then by 1 goal.

The reason I tell you this is as none of the teams I picked here are coming into their home fixture with wins' date=' all need to win and are clearly superior to the teams they face....[/quote'] PSV is not 'clearly superior' to Lille, and they don't have to win to qualify: a 0-0 or 1-1 is enough. There ain't no such thing as a banker (unfortunately).