Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Nice clean up Kev!. One for me for tomorrow. 3 pts - West Indies to beat England - 13/10 Blue Sqaure Infamous has explained most of it so i'll keep it short. Momentum is with the Windies and England don't seem mentally right for me at the moment with Injuries, loses to Ireland and Bangladesh and a non stop fixture list. Windies seem to be in good form with the bat and suprisingly with the Ball. Got to be on the Windies for this for me.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Agree with you guys Sport Tennis Event England v West Indies Selection West Indies Strength 10/10 Date 17/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.42 Reasoning This could be a great game. England the better team, but not doing well at the moment. Englands attack really struggling, now got Swann struggling with illness and talk of Anderson being dropped. Think the batting looks ok with Morgan slotting in and looking in good touch, but Strauss also struggling with illness would be a big loss. West Indies on the other side are looking good. Batting well and looking pretty solid, Gayle and Pollard with the potential for carnage. Bowling looks better than usual too with good spin options and Roach providing good pace. This looks a pretty evenly match game, and I'm happy at this price.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Another one for me. 3 pts - Player Performance - SJ Benn - 38 and Over - Evens Bet365 Find this low to be honest. 2 Wickets needed without batting to come in for Benn which i can see coming in tomorrow with the help of the low turning pitch at Chennai. In decent form with the ball taking 12 in the last 4 matches to add to my reason. Im going with Big Benn to do this.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Gotta agree with the general consensus here. 4pts - West Indies to beat England - 13/10 BlueSquare Simply cannot be having England at 4/6 in this match so the value lies with West Indies. But it is not only a value pick, England are under tremendous pressure with this being a must win game so they will be feeling the heat. On the other hand West Indies can play pretty freely knowing that, barring a strange set of results, they are all but in the quarters. A care free West Indies can often be the most dangerous. Guys like Gayle and Pollard can win the match on their own while their strike bowlers in Roach and Benn being no mugs. Overrall, on current form West Indies should be no more than 5/6 so 13/10 represents big value.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011

Agree with you guys Sport Tennis Event England v West Indies Selection West Indies Strength 10/10 Date 17/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.42 Reasoning This could be a great game. England the better team, but not doing well at the moment. Englands attack really struggling, now got Swann struggling with illness and talk of Anderson being dropped. Think the batting looks ok with Morgan slotting in and looking in good touch, but Strauss also struggling with illness would be a big loss. West Indies on the other side are looking good. Batting well and looking pretty solid, Gayle and Pollard with the potential for carnage. Bowling looks better than usual too with good spin options and Roach providing good pace. This looks a pretty evenly match game, and I'm happy at this price.
Only if Pollard gets swinging!

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 +6.50 for the day. +9.67 for the tournament. Can't wait for tomorrows game. 3pts West Indies to beat England 5/4 via Coral Seems like every man and his dog is on the WIndies tomorrow and the rut is not stopping here. Everything has already been said really. England are the better side there's not doubting that but the signs just all point against them. Despite England usually prevailing in adversity, I can't back them with a dime at 4/6. Illness has apparently ripped through the side and we have issues in all three facets of the game. The bowling is a joke, the opening partnership is a joke and our fielding at times has been comical. A West Indies side without a care in teh world could potentially be the worst one to face and I think there's nothing but value in backing them here at odds-against. 6pts England Extras Under 15.5 5/6 via Ladbrokes The West Indies have a very, very disciplined bowling attack. So far the number of extras in all of their matches have read 11, 2, 2 and 12! They've only actually bowled four wides in the whole tournament which is an astonishing statistic when you think about how many other teams have contributed in one innings. It's for that reason that unders seem the way to go here. Barring Roach none of the other bowlers are either renowned for any great pace, seam movement or natural swing so wides and leg byes shouldn't really be a major play here. England don't have a massive number of left-handers either so all in all I think this is well within reach and like it has been in each of the four times previous. I actually can't quite work out why this line is so high considering how many they've conceded before. It's almost too good to be true. Of course having said all of this they'll go and concede 28 tomorrow but in the fairly strong chance they don't, I'll play with 6pts. 4pts D. Sammy Performance Pts 33&Over 5/6 via Bet365 Tiny bit low I think for the skipper. Due to the absence of Bravo, Sammy has stepped up and has started to bowl alot more overs. This has brought a few more wickets to his game and thus alot more performance points. Three wickets in his last match and three in the match before is a decent return from him and I expect him to snag at least one tomorrow. His batting is an issue. So far he has gone 0, 6, DNB & 4 but he has the talent to be better than that. On top of that, he fields in the covers as the skipper and in the slips when they have one in so there is always an opportunity of a catch. With three viable scoring opportunities, I think this can be covered and will pay money to see him do it.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 I will jump on the wagon too. (4/10) West Indies to bt. England @ 2.36 at Pinnacle Everything has been said already and I also think this is tremendous value for my money. The West Indies have almost a full squad and are in good form, England are depleted and playing poorly. So why are their the favourites? They are having a nightmare in the World Cup and this should be the end of the road for them.

Hansra goes into the match 26 in front of Bagai.... comes out 10 behind... gutted for you... and me! Place is better than a kick in the teeth I suppose but so close to the biggy :wall
managed to hedge on Bagai >17.5 runs last night, but Hansra cashing would have been very good, he featured in a few multis aswell which would have paid almost 6 figures in total :( tonight England > Windies first 15 overs @ 1.90 Sportingbet recent h2hs 1-15 England Average 5.02 since 2008 against WI West Indies Average 4.54 since 2008 against England England are one of the best in recent times at this first 15 over section, and yes Gayle can single handily lose this bet for me, but he seems to be making a conscious effort to get his eye in in the 50 over format. i agree on the Windies pick that others have already discussed. gl

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Looks like I'm the only one who thinks England will win today :lol. 4/6 is a bit short for me though so I'll just watch and hope as I couldn't log on to get the 8/11 last night :sad. Going with 3 though. 3pts 17 or more wickets 7/4 Sportingbet This CHennai wicket was low and turned almost square when England played South Africa here and Strauss says he expects a similar wicket. Both sides have bowling attacks to take advantage of the conditions. Must win for England which puts further pressure on the batting and whichever way this goes I think wickets will fall. Could even be another match where both sides are all out but however it's won I think we'll see 17 wickets on a tough batting wicket. 3pts S.Benn's Performance Pts - 38&Over Evs Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. One thing Bangladesh did was show up the fact we can't play spin too well. Benn will open the bowling and Strauss has been out to a spinner in the last game and it wouldn't surprise me if Benn gets him here. We've seen the wicket turn square here and big Suliemann can rip it. If there's uneven bounce he's the man so I think he can take 2 wickets. If not be can swing the willow and fields at mid off/on so a catch isn't beyond him but I think he'll cover this with the ball. 1pt ew L.Wright Top England Batsman 16/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I think the scoring in this match needs to be done with the new ball and there's talk that Luke Wright will open the batting today which would give him a huge advantage and make this a bit of a silly price. I'd open up with Wright over Prior any day of the week although I do think Wright is better at 7 but if he is to open today with scoring getting harder as the ball gets softer then Wright could take advantage and land the bacon at a big price.

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks England will win today :lol. 4/6 is a bit short for me though so I'll just watch and hope as I couldn't log on to get the 8/11 last night :sad. Going with 3 though. 3pts 17 or more wickets 7/4 Sportingbet This CHennai wicket was low and turned almost square when England played South Africa here and Strauss says he expects a similar wicket. Both sides have bowling attacks to take advantage of the conditions. Must win for England which puts further pressure on the batting and whichever way this goes I think wickets will fall. Could even be another match where both sides are all out but however it's won I think we'll see 17 wickets on a tough batting wicket. 3pts S.Benn's Performance Pts - 38&Over Evs Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. One thing Bangladesh did was show up the fact we can't play spin too well. Benn will open the bowling and Strauss has been out to a spinner in the last game and it wouldn't surprise me if Benn gets him here. We've seen the wicket turn square here and big Suliemann can rip it. If there's uneven bounce he's the man so I think he can take 2 wickets. If not be can swing the willow and fields at mid off/on so a catch isn't beyond him but I think he'll cover this with the ball. 1pt ew L.Wright Top England Batsman 16/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I think the scoring in this match needs to be done with the new ball and there's talk that Luke Wright will open the batting today which would give him a huge advantage and make this a bit of a silly price. I'd open up with Wright over Prior any day of the week although I do think Wright is better at 7 but if he is to open today with scoring getting harder as the ball gets softer then Wright could take advantage and land the bacon at a big price.
so close mate. I went with you on this. Good shout anyway infact i just saw e/w - good tip :)

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 One word.... BOUNCEBACKABILTY..... (is that one word?).... Barring The farcical ODI series in OZ... England rarely lose 2 in a row since Flower took over.... One boundary short of top bat for Wright... infuriating! Benn Takes no wickets, having averaged 3 a game before today... infuriating! 17 & Over wickets sales in... at nice odds.... Good work Shatman :clap

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Windies choke meaning a loss on the day. Couple of games coming up tomorrow and my bets for the first one: 7 points Ireland most match sixes @11/10 with Bet365 Huge price here imo. I think Ireland will win this match fairly comfortably but there is no real value in the match odds. Therefore I have looked elsewhere and gone with the Irish to hit the most maximums instead. Stirling, Porterfield, and both O'Briens are very capable of clearing the ropes. Add to that the slogging ability of a few down the order (Johnston, Mooney) and you have a side who on their day can hit plenty. With Holland you get the feeling that the only natural 6 hitter is RTD. Obviously he alone could scupper this bet, but I feel the Irish certainly have the bigger weapons in this contest. It certainly isn't near 50/50 as the odds would suggest, hence a big play on the Irish to win this side market. 2pts N.O'Brien top Ireland batsman @5/1 with Bet365 Again just a price I feel is too big on arguably Ireland's best batsman. The dutch bowling isn't really up to much on the whole and I feel someone up the order in the Irish side will top score. O'Brien is a naturally aggressive player and a fairly handy player of spin. Fancy him for a big score tomorrow. (cue a golden duck :eyes )

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 2 for me in the early game tomorrow. Back to just -4.46 overall after a couple of good days. 3pts M.Bukhari's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Bukhari's total looks a bit low to me. He's impressed me with his bowling so far in the tournament and the ball he bowled to get rid of Iqbal was a jaffa. If he can repeat that first up then he could well cover this quickly. He batted at 3 in the last match and I don't know if that's a trend that's going to continue but if it does that would be no bad thing either. Paul Stirling often takes plenty of risks at the top of the Irish order so there could be a free wicket for him there. 32pts isn't a lot for someone who bowls well and is solid with the bat. 2pts R.ten Doeschate Top Netherlands Batsman 3/1 Sportingbet Ryan ten Doeschate is Holland's best batsman and against this attack which he'll have faced before for Essex I think he'll show that here. He's got a ton and a 50 in this tournament already and I think a big score is in his compass here too. To be fair to Holland their batsmen have made a lot of starts in this tournament and not gone on with it but ten Doeschate is one who does and at 3/1 I'll take him to flog this Irish attack.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Just one for the later match. Don't want to get too involved in this as it's a dead rubber and both sides have injuries and stuff. 3pts New Zealand Over 3.5 6's 11/10 Ladbrokes I like this bet although I'm not going bonkers on it with Sri Lanka's attack. New Zealand hit a game Canadian attack for 12 6's on this ground on Sunday and although the SL attack is a lot better I'm not sure it's over 4 times better. Pakistan and Canada have played Ross Taylor into form and he could cover this total on his own but with McCullum, Guptill, Styris, Ryder and N McCullum as well as Franklin and Oram I think New Zealand have the firepower to clear this on what isn't a huge ground but is very much a good batting wicket. In terms of getting stuck into this match I'm a bit reluctant to do that but I am happy to take NZ to hit 4 6's in this match at odds against even against this decent Sri Lankan bowling attack.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Two outrights would've come in for me today had the West Indies closed out what seemed like an easy victory. Of course they decide to choose today of all days to bowl a stupid amount of extras aswell which pissed me off no end. Hovering around +3.00 for the tournament. Had my first ever 10pt bet on NZ to hit the most sixes at 8/13 but I pussied out majorly. It's taken me two hours to write this post and still only can come up with the following: 4pts Mudassar Bukhari Performance Pts 32&Over 5/6 via Bet365 I think this is mad low for an opening bowler and a fairly decent batsman. Burkhari has taken at least one wicket in four of the five matches he's played in so far and has two scores of 20 and above to go with those wickets. He was promoted to #3 in the last match which shows what they think he can do with the bat and of course he has the opportuninty in the field with catches. I can't see why this is as low as it is especially as he can easily cover this with the ball alone so I will chance my hand at the overs here definitely. 1pt G. Wilson Top Ireland Batsman each-way 6/1 Coral (1/5, 1-3) I'm not wholly convinced on the Irish Top Order. Stirling hasn't got going so far this world cup and Porterfield is extremely hit and miss. Joyce can do the business (and I hope he does so my outright on him prevails) and so too can the O'Brien's but again they're very hit and miss also. Gary Wilson has only played three innings in this World Cup and has three scores of 3, 61 and 31 to match his ODI average of 28. Not the most glamorous statistics by any means but some that tell he's no fool with the bat. I think that at #5 he'll have every opportunity tomorrow to score another decent set of runs and at almost even money to see him place I'll play here with small stakes.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Great call on the top Netherlands Batsman bet kevshat! :clap:clap Going with one in the 2nd game. 3pts BB McCullum Performance Points Under 50 points @ 5/6 bet365 I think this line is set a touch too high. McCullum opens up the batting and is the wicket keeper for New Zealand, these are two ways in which he can score. Sure McCullum has posted big totals with the bat but it was against the likes of inferior oppositions like Canada and Zimbabwe. Against superior teams like Australia and Pakistan he was bowled out early by their bowlers and was unable to meet the performance points total with the gloves. This bet is taken with caution as both teams have nothing to lose in this game and with some players being rested as well. Hopefully Sri Lanka's bowlers will do the needed damage to take him out early before he can post up a decent total. :hope

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Going with one more. 1pt Malinga Top Bowler for Sri Lanka @ 3.25 bet365 This is more of a speculative bet than anything. Malinga has not been used that much in this competition thus far, but when used he brought in the goods, 6 wickets in 2 games if I am not mistaken. Seeing how this is the ground where he played for the Mumbai Indians and where he was so dominant for them, I expect him to play a more important role and bring in the good with the bet with his deadly yorkers.

Windies choke meaning a loss on the day. Couple of games coming up tomorrow and my bets for the first one: 7 points Ireland most match sixes @11/10 with Bet365 2pts N.O'Brien top Ireland batsman @5/1 with Bet365
+5.7points for the day. O'Brien looked well set and finished not out - not enough time to give the top bat a real shout there. Still the 6s lands in the last over of the chase ensuring a decent day. +16.78pts overall.

2 for me in the early game tomorrow. Back to just -4.46 overall after a couple of good days. 3pts M.Bukhari's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Bukhari's total looks a bit low to me. He's impressed me with his bowling so far in the tournament and the ball he bowled to get rid of Iqbal was a jaffa. If he can repeat that first up then he could well cover this quickly. He batted at 3 in the last match and I don't know if that's a trend that's going to continue but if it does that would be no bad thing either. Paul Stirling often takes plenty of risks at the top of the Irish order so there could be a free wicket for him there. 32pts isn't a lot for someone who bowls well and is solid with the bat. 2pts R.ten Doeschate Top Netherlands Batsman 3/1 Sportingbet Ryan ten Doeschate is Holland's best batsman and against this attack which he'll have faced before for Essex I think he'll show that here. He's got a ton and a 50 in this tournament already and I think a big score is in his compass here too. To be fair to Holland their batsmen have made a lot of starts in this tournament and not gone on with it but ten Doeschate is one who does and at 3/1 I'll take him to flog this Irish attack.
Missed these... went to bed defore 00:30 and certainly wasn't up before 04:30!! Great shout with RTD !! Now you just need Shakib to top the Bangladeshi bowling for the double right? Am I right in thinking Burkhari got 31pts? :wall Nice confident bet coming in for the Ireland 6's infamous :clap Congrats all other winners... Don't know if its available to all, but I got an e-mail from betfair the other day apologising for problems with their site (Some may not have read it, junked it e.t.c) and offering commission free betting on select events throughout the week... tomorrow its Australia v Pakistan.... without the commission payment and with a bit more liquidity, their may be a few more bargains to be had than usual on the cricket? Just a thought...

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 He only got 11 mate. Good shout on the Ireland 6's infamous. Level day for me with RTD doing the business. Only two for me in the first match tomorrow although I'm hoping S-a-H takes more wickets than Razzak and Shafiul to bring in the outright double. Apologies they are a bit late. I've only just finished laughing that Dernbach has been called up to replace Shahzad :rollin. Anyone would think we don't want to win this tournament :lol. 5pts South Africa -4.5wickets/40.5runs 5/6 Sportingbet I like South Africa in this match. I just think their bowling attack will be too good for what isn't even a county quality batting lineup. Tamim might have a bit of joy against Steyn but he isn't going to go too well against Morkel's height and bounce and once Tamim goes, the Windies showed on this ground that Bangladesh go. If SA are batting 2nd I think they've suddenly found enough in their top order to cover a target which going by previous form between the two sides will be less than 200, for the loss of no more than 5 wickets. AB de Villiers looks like playing which is handy. The runs side of this handicap could be a bit trickier but I do think Bangladesh under the pressure of having to win and the expectant crowd could well collapse against this attack. If Steyn and Morkel don't do the damage Botha, Peterson and Lord Imran certainly can. I'm confident SA will win this comfortably and although I'm not as confident on the run side of things in terms of really big stakes I'm still confident enough that I will have 5pts on. 1pt ew J.Duminy Top South Africa Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) JP Duminy has been in cracking form in this tournament. His 99 against Ireland was one of the best innings I've seen in a while with the position he came in at. I like Duminy. He started off as a rabbit in headlights but now he more than holds his own in this side. He knows his role well and plays it out in full. He plays spin brilliantly which will have to be a key factor in the top scorer and although there's dangers in Amla and AB de Villiers if he does play, I think JP's in enough form to take this one down.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 3 for the second match. 3pts Pakistan Highest 1st 15 Overs 6/4 Betfred Not overly certain I can pass this opportunity up. Australia have been pedestrian at best in the first 15 overs in this tournament and if Pakistan can break the opening partnership up then Ponting walks in bang out of form and struggling with that finger and then there's Clarke who is a plodder. In contrast Pakistan look set to give Shehzad the boot and move Kamran up to open which will give him a licence to attack and play his shots. Umar Gul can be tight with the new ball whereas we've seen Kenya and then Canada's batsmen clobber this new ball Australian 'attack' and if the likes of Hafeez and Kamran can get a few away then Pakistan will be a massive price here. Afridi and Rehman can tie things down towards the end of the 15 overs too so 6/4 on Pakistan looks too big to me. 5pts Over 15.5 Wides 5/6 Coral I like this line. These have to be two of the most indisciplined attacks in world cricket. Tait leaks wides at an alarming rate and Johnson? Well we know about him. There's barely a match goes by that he isn't bowling on the wicket next door to the one the rest are playing on. Pakistan ain't a lot better. Shoaib's radar is regularly detached from the satellite and Gul's inswinging yorkers can fly too. All four named men have the pace to rack up multiple wides too down the leg side. Chuck in a couple of leg spinners as well and there's more than enough armoury for 16+ wides. 1pt ew A.Razzaq Top Pakistan Batsman 22/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Shahid Afridi was keeping his cards close to his chest in his press conference today but he did say he had plans for Australia and I think one of them could be to send Razzaq up the order to pinch hit. Pakistan have to get Razzaq more involved with the bat because otherwise he's a selection to bowl 4-5 overs with the new ball and that's it. For some reason he seems to be undroppable so the only way to get him into the game is shove him up to 3 or even open. He opened for Hampshire in the twenty20 over here last summer and was fantastic at it so he can play the new ball. Pakistan could well have seen Kenya and Canada get after Lee and Tait and could sacrifice Razzaq to get after them too. Even if I've got it completely wrong I'm certain someone will be given the licence in this side. Australia though have the bowling attack to get Razzaq in and we saw against New Zealand that his willow wielding is still there. 22/1 is a daft price anyway for an explosive hitter but if he's shoved up the order it's massive. As I say it's just a hunch that's what Afridi has planned but with the knowledge that if I'm wrong he can still top score down the order in a lineup that could get rolled over then I'll take Razzaq to top Pakistan's scorecard at 22/1.

I'm getting shat on. Back into minus numbers for the tournament. There's rain about in the second match which isn't great and there's not much I fancy in the 1st match so only going with two. One for the late game: 8pts Over 14.5 wides 5/6 via Coral It's Australia so the first thing I look for is their lines on extras and wides. The extras line at Ladbrokes is at 14.5 which should come in itself but they're playing Pakistan who are almost just as bad as them when it comes to giving runs away. So both of them together to cover 15 wides should just be a walk in the park. Tait, Lee, Johnson could cover this themselves. Factor in Shoaib, Gul, Razzaq/Wahab and some from the multitude of spinners and this is a minor. Big stakes. And one for the early game: 4pts J. Botha Performance Pts 35&Over 5/6 via Bet365 Quite low for someone who has been taking wickets and scoring runs as of late. There's a chance he won't play as more than likely one of him or Peterson will make way for Tahir's return but in the event he does, I'll take him to clear 35. He may open the bowling and against the erratic Tamim, I fancy him to take one of the two openers early up. On top of his wicket taking ability, he is handy with the bat. Some massive match winning blows against India and a 24* last time out show what he is capable of given the opportunity. If SA bat first, he should get a few overs at the crease to score 15 runs and take a wicket with the ball. Even if he doesn't, two wickets isn't too far out of reach on a turning wicket.

Re: Cricket: ICC World Cup 2011 Good work on RTD Kev and infamous on the sixes. Just one for me in the SA Bangladesh game. 3pts - Top SA Bowler: Morne Morkel - 10/3 Bet365 I'm not sure if this is the best price available but I'm using my phone and this is the only one I have access to so apologies in advance. But I like this bet, If there's one thing that weaker batsmen don't like, it's bounce and in Morne Morkel we have one guy who can extract bounce on any track. Bangladesh batsmen generally like to plant their front foot and hit through the line but against Morkel's back of a length stuff they could struggle. Obviously there's the chance that Steyn could run through them instead but we saw in the last game how Smith underbowled him once SA took charge of the game and the same could happen tomorrow with the quarters around the corner. All in all I fancy Morkels chances of picking up enough wickets to win this Market.

I'm getting shat on. Back into minus numbers for the tournament. There's rain about in the second match which isn't great and there's not much I fancy in the 1st match so only going with two. One for the late game: 8pts Over 14.5 wides 5/6 via Coral It's Australia so the first thing I look for is their lines on extras and wides. The extras line at Ladbrokes is at 14.5 which should come in itself but they're playing Pakistan who are almost just as bad as them when it comes to giving runs away. So both of them together to cover 15 wides should just be a walk in the park. Tait, Lee, Johnson could cover this themselves. Factor in Shoaib, Gul, Razzaq/Wahab and some from the multitude of spinners and this is a minor. Big stakes. And one for the early game: 4pts J. Botha Performance Pts 35&Over 5/6 via Bet365 Quite low for someone who has been taking wickets and scoring runs as of late. There's a chance he won't play as more than likely one of him or Peterson will make way for Tahir's return but in the event he does, I'll take him to clear 35. He may open the bowling and against the erratic Tamim, I fancy him to take one of the two openers early up. On top of his wicket taking ability, he is handy with the bat. Some massive match winning blows against India and a 24* last time out show what he is capable of given the opportunity. If SA bat first, he should get a few overs at the crease to score 15 runs and take a wicket with the ball. Even if he doesn't, two wickets isn't too far out of reach on a turning wicket.
Don't think the 1 wide will matter much... but the line is 15.5 :ok