** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

Bob Anderson fans yesterday surely must have lumped on I dunno' date=' oooh 10/1 when he was 2-0 down when Ronnie collapsed and Bob stepped up gears. I didn't have anything on that match as I was convinced that after being 2-0 down it was pretty much all over....then [b']WHAMMO! Bob bounces back with a vengeance.
Ronnie DID NOT collapse in that match. If you look at the stats Baxter went 2 sets up with an average of 80 point something. He then improved that by over 8 points in the next 4 sets. It's just that Bob upped his even more, from around 79 to 89.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) It's a fair point you make and I'm probably guilty of using hyperbole. The third set which went to a deciding leg was vital as Bob managed to get that and start the comeback. If Ronnie had won that, he could have very well gone on to win 4-0. I've watched the match this morning (albeit on tape) and yep, you're not wrong. I would suggest though that Anderson managing to up his game to such an extent to win the next four sets and that Ronnie wasn't able to counter-attack, IS a collapse particularly after dominating the first two sets.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) with the games now first to five sets I really like the 5/6 offered by Bet 365 on the Mardle Lyod match see this being over 7 sets I see this being close and expect it to go at least 5-3. 10 pts on this for me. I may also look at Dudbridge v ovens same bet same price

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) 10 180s so far + they're both only averaging 84. If they'd been anywhere near ther best that could have been huge. Still possibly a couple of sets left though, so hopefully a few more yet to come. Good call dprovan. I'd be wary of the same bet on the Ovens v Dudbridge match, I think Dudbridge might take Ovens apart to be honest.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Well done fellas. An absolutely unbelievable last set and I thank the Lord I was able to see that. Lloyd faded spectacularly and if that wasn't a collapse I don't know what was. Moments of sheer brilliance in that last set, forcing the eleventh leg tiebreaker Mardle almost doing the first 9-darter in Purfleet just missing out on the double 18 and wow, coming up with the goods when needed. If you backed Colin Lloyd, what a shocker. If you backed Wayne Mardle when he was 4-1 down, I don't want to even imagine what odds you got.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Turned out that there were 20 180s in the end in the Mardle v Lloyd match, and as I said earlier neither player was consistently at their best so it could have been much higher. Looking at the averages so far, Phil Taylor should wipe the floor with Painter, but I get the feeling that Painter needs the big occasion, and we saw what he did in the final last year. I wouldn't back him to win 2 sets, but having said that I wouldn't be surprised if this one was a tight match. But, to be honest, anything could happen. Don't think that post helped much:lol

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) There was a nice bit of needle between Taylor and Painter as they left the stage tonight, anybody see it ? They had to be separated as they left the stage more or less nose to nose. They`ve both left the building and Taylor didn`t even give an interview. :D

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) TAYLOR IN PAINTER ROW Phil Taylor was involved in a heated exchange with opponent Kevin Painter after reaching the semi-finals of the Ladbrokes.com World Championship at the Circus Tavern tonight. After hitting the bullseye to record a 5-1 victory, the 11-times world champion appeared to exchange obscenities on stage with Painter, whom he beat in a sudden-death deciding leg in the final last January. The duo continued to argue as they headed backstage, where the war of words was reported to have continued. Painter was reported to have then stormed out of the venue. The ill-feeling had been simmering throughout the contest, which Taylor won in showman style with a bullseye on the first dart of his turn at the oche instead of setting up a double. On occasions Painter, rather than watching Taylor's throw, appeared to turn away and face the crowd until it was his turn. It is not the first time Taylor has been embroiled in controversy at the Professional Darts Corporation's showpiece event. Three years ago, after whitewashing Peter Manley in the final, his opponent refused to shake Taylor's hand and walked off stage before the presentation ceremony.

Well done fellas. An absolutely unbelievable last set and I thank the Lord I was able to see that. Lloyd faded spectacularly and if that wasn't a collapse I don't know what was. Moments of sheer brilliance in that last set, forcing the eleventh leg tiebreaker Mardle almost doing the first 9-darter in Purfleet just missing out on the double 18 and wow, coming up with the goods when needed. If you backed Colin Lloyd, what a shocker. If you backed Wayne Mardle when he was 4-1 down, I don't want to even imagine what odds you got.
You'd be surprised, nothing higher than 20.00 (and that was just a stake of USD31.00) was traded for Mardle - surely, there weren't too many brave souls putting their money on even if they had fancied Mardle then... :rollin

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Im looking at taking Bob Anderson to win two sets aggainst Taylor at 2/1. I have been really impressed with Anderson and wonder if over the longer distance Taylor may be distracted enough for Anderson to take advantage. I don't see Bob being overwhelmed and he was hitting the doubles so well yesterday he would have troubled anyone. My biggest concern is that Taylor will be all the more determined after argy/bargy yesterday with Warriner that he comes out and plays his best stuff, so 4pts Anderson to win 2 sets at 2/1

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) 10pts Dudbridge Most 180's 2.10 @ Stan James Dudbridge is becoming a real force in the world of darts, and has an air of calmness about him. He has outscored Taylor 27-19 on 180's in this tourny, partly because Taylor has a liking for a third dart at treble 19, rather than treble 20, effectively a 177. I think this factor should make Dudbridge a 1.66 favourite, yet 2.10 is on offer, and I must be involved at that price.

Dudbridge is becoming a real force in the world of darts, and has an air of calmness about him.
Didn't he chin a member of his own family after a match last year?? He certainly seems to have turned the corner, though.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I think thats a fine shout Paul and I`ve had some of that 11/10.

partly because Taylor has a liking for a third dart at treble 19, rather than treble 20, effectively a 177.
While that is very true I think his famed stacking method hasn`t served him too well either. I don`t know whether I`m dreaming but he seems to be dropping more 1st darts above the treble 20 too. More of the same Phil please :)