** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) The comments were made after the results, had you made them beforehand, all well and good, it's an opinion and your perfectly entitled to post it, but certainly not after the event, that has no place on PL. We all get arrogant at times, feel free to comment on anyone, but make sure it's constructive criticism, rather than negative nonsense.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) madmargey, Im not a darts expert, far from it, hopefully gazblades will be around later to advise you but Id be careful. I watched jones versus deller and he was useful I am not saying jones will win but I think jones may cause him a few probs and Im taking him plus 2.5 aggainst Painter. I am purely going on what I seen I do not have an extensive knowledge of darts just my views on what I saw.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

Josephus Schenk to beat Peter Manley @ 4.33 (Bet365) Manley doesn't like 1st games. He also has been vocal against having to play someone who has already had 2 games. Schenk is another who has impressed me, and unless Manley is on his game he could be heading for the exit early.
Cracking tip Gaz. Wish I'd had a few more than the few schillings on it that I did:loon

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Well done Gaz on an excellent tip - I also followed your advice on Verwey, Clarke and Convery in the last round so I am well in profit things to your tips. Please ignore the ignorant comments by a certain individual about occasional bad tips - this is all part of the game, you can't expect to win them all - I notice nobody can match your profits so unless others can prove they are better I suggest they keep it zipped. Keep them coming!!!!!

Josephus Schenk to beat Peter Manley @ 4.33 (Bet365) Manley doesn't like 1st games. He also has been vocal against having to play someone who has already had 2 games. Schenk is another who has impressed me, and unless Manley is on his game he could be heading for the exit early.
Nice one Gaz, could not see it myself and lost out. What about Taylor, back to his best and IMO unstoppable...

Well I'm going to open up with a 2nd round treble of what i think are value odds' date=' [b']Richie Burnett to beat Mark Dudbridge 11/4, he's capable if he's got his right head on, Jamie Harvey to beat Roland Scholten 11/4 another one who's capable if in right frame of mind, and Dennis Smith to beat Bob Anderson 10/11, though their odds are similar, smith's a class above if on form. These are just 3 i fancy where i think the odds are generous
what do i know? sfa that's what

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Gaz, for the sake of those who'd been following your picks blindly, I'm glad Schenk saved them a few bob. Although I won't know if you meant it or that pick just got lucky! :tongue2 Only kidding... See, what I thought you were doing - and I may be wrong although I could think of few better reasons - was basically list a couple of long shots with a realistic chance (as opposed to backing most of Taylor's opponents which I would deem unrealistic even if you could fetch more than 9/1 for them) which wasn't very smart (put it this way, I don't think examples like the one you cited of Walsh being 2-0 up as defence for the quality of your picks give you very much credit - afterall, I was within 30seconds of getting my Draw/Arsenal spot on too going by your argument!). For instance, I don't think I'm too far off to suggest it's uncharacteristic of you to say something like "Sams seems to have got over his back troubles, and I fancy him to win this without too much bother", or am I? Clearly, that was hardly a helpful comment. Much as we hate to after-event sometimes, I thought some examples were needed(which would only come in the form of results) to back my stand and where I was coming from. Of course, I'm not advocating after-eventing there and on my part, I could certainly have done better had I posted earlier, but let's be honest and admit the post of yours did little to help most people. In all honesty, that was what I honestly thought let you down - and pretty much the 'posting for the sake of posting' comment I made. Hope that is cleared now. And like I said before, don't let this 'argumentative and annoying arse' put you off posting because clearly, there'd be one fewer person I could argue with as dprovan would have you believe! ;) Paul, refer to my post in private.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) hi all again, im back trying to buy some money, is there any reason not to go with mardle to beat williams, ive seen williams name pop up a few times in here but his price is very big compared to mardles 1/5, am i taking to much of a risk or should it be plain sailing?

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) 2 of my top 5 top winning bets of the year (so far) were a sell of Taylor on the Sporting index tournament index and a sell at 15 againgst Callaby in the Irish tournament. (he was 15-16 in the match that could only make up a maximum of 16). These were bets made purely after reading Gazblades comments. Keep up the good work sir. It's always good to get the opinion of someone who is clearly so well informed on a particular sport. If this is seen as after eventing I'll match them with losers:D

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I've had a wacko day. I backed the draw between England and South Africa at 5/4 over at Paddy Power with around 19 overs left and I backed what I thought was easy pickings, the draw at 2.08 over at Betfair. .....turned out I backed England to win! Fook me eyesight! What the heck was wrong with me?! :o Chased my Betfair losses by slapping £100 on Mardle at odds of 1.2 (not reading anything on this forum before, mind you. I was reading the 3-dart average and convinced myself that Mardle couldn't lose) and I was shitting myself as Williams stormed into a 3-1 lead. I'm watching it with my Dad and being the conspiracy theorist he is, he's telling me to lump on Mardle at 2/1 in-running and that Mardle will 'come back' to win it. Stone me, I bloody refused having already lumped £100 at crap odds, me saying I didn't want to lose any more than I already will be. If I was a bookie for this year's championships, I'd be cursing (some of my friends are boasting how they've made thousands on certain players winning betting in-running by waiting on them to lose a set or two before lumping large on them as they storm back) Ah, fook it, I'll be at work and I won't be able to see the evening matches. Agree about Mark Dudbridge's chances but Part seems to be in a good frame of mind and survived the early test that was Gerry Convery (the early section of that match was good with Part and Convery trading 140s and 180s like they were going out of business). I'm convinced though that John Part SHOULD gain revenge for last year and beat Mark Dudbridge but at those odds of around 2/5, it's one for betting in-running. If Mark can get out of that punch-drunk state that he appeared to be in against Richie Burnett, he may be able to give John Part a match but I don't think so. Scholten-Ovens should be a fantastic match and it does look like Denis is determined to do something this year for once (his biggest claim to fame is being Michael Caine's stunt double for that film Bullseye when it came to the darts-throwing scenes!). Denis is down to 'evens' at Stan James but good for anybody wanting to support him. Roland ain't no mug and he can throw those 100s and 140s. I don't see an upset though and I can see Roland eventually winning 4-2 but I ain't punting on either match. I'm even more pissed off I didn't wake up and sell Terry Jenkins on the outright index over at Sporting Index. He was priced weirdly at 17. He would have cashed out at 10 being beaten by Ronnie Baxter.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I made a bet in running based on GazBlades comments on Mardle. £100 @ 1.47 when I placed the bet, so thanks. Makes up for my loss on the cricket. I've been betting in running on the darts all day, and not lost yet. Fair enough, I've waited until it was pretty much over, but ho hum.