** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

from whar ive been reading i would agree staying away from part/dubridge and scholten/ovens seems both matches could go either way so it looks like putting a lump on lloyd to beat mason
Wait till you see the 1st set mate. Mason is playing darts of his life and i would personally not back either of them to win before seeing a bit of the action even though Llyod is world number 1. You wanna safe bet whack it on Taylor winning 4-0 again. Edit:- Maybe not, just seen the odds a pathetic 1.25

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Well played Ovens and well deserved. Now for the match of tourney so far, so looking forward to this. Want Mason to win, actually gonna have a small punt breaking my rules of watching a bit :lol. I hate drinking and gambling, certainly don't mix...

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I'm glad I didn't bother having a punt on yesterday's evening matches! Dudbridge simply outshone Part with some remarkable accuracy when needed. I underestimated him (deadly that). Ouchy! :o Alo, I got the right scoreline for the Ovens-Scholten match....but the wrong fella winning with it! :rollin Well done Gaz! And well done anybody who dared to put that 'outrageous' double on! :ok If it's going to be a Taylor versus Lloyd final it's not going to be even close (Mason should have won from what I heard of from the on-the-hour reports on Talksport. How did Mason miss six chances at a double to clinch the match with Lloyd 'giving up' almost resigned to defeat by not aiming his darts properly at the board?). Jenkins-Painter should be close, Painter having almost having to go to the deciding leg in each set against Wayne Jones bar one in his 4-2 win. Jenkins was brutal in his dismissal of Peter Evison though and is desperate to progress further. We've seen Denis Ovens step up in class so why not Andy Jenkins? The Schenk-Hamilton match seems like a good contest based solely on the stats although if Hamilton throws those 140s like he did against Steve Beaton, it's not going to be even close. You might need a little bit of luck with Ronnie Baxter against Bob Anderson. A good 93 average against Terry Jenkins but as Anderson showed 12 months ago, he can turn it up occasionally. Bob had 3 180s against Dennis Smith whilst Ronnie got 2 against Terry Jenkins. I hate these kind of bets. The last time I placed one was two years ago when Dave Askew faced Roland Scholten and solely based on the previous round's performance, I backed Roland to get more 180s. Even though Scholten walloped him 5-0, Dave got 4 and Roland got 4! A tie! Ack! :eyes Hope Ronnie does the business for ya. :hope

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Personally, I wouldn't fancy Jenkins to do the job over Painter. This has every bit the making of one of those games where there ain't much value on the favourite but yet the fave will just nick it. With the exception of the Stan James matchplay where Painter crashed out in Round 2, he has made at least the quarters in the other major PDC events this year. In contrast, Jenkins' performances have been much more erratic with runs to the quarters and semis combined with exits in R2 and R3. Experience should tell here - too much is made of the 4-0 whitewash Jenkins dished out against Evison in the last round IMO. :hope

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Ronnie Baxter should take out Bob Anderson quite comfortably. Anderson is probably my favourite player, but the fact is that he averaged 7 points lower than Baxter in the last round. Best price 2/7, and it looks a shoe-in to me.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Josephus Schenk has done well so far, but hasn't been tested. He's already achieved what he wanted to, and in Andy Hamilton he plays someone in form. A 92.49 average in his 2nd match, followed by another impressive performance against Steve Beaton makes the 4/6 look huge.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3)

Josephus Schenk has done well so far' date= but hasn't been tested. He's already achieved what he wanted to, and in Andy Hamilton he plays someone in form. A 92.49 average in his 2nd match, followed by another impressive performance against Steve Beaton makes the 4/6 look huge.
Dave, I share your sentiments there - thought of putting my winnings from Painter on a Baxter-Hamilton double. That should fetch something above evens. Then again, there could well be better value doing in-running for both as singles.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) Am I the only one here who thinks Schenk is a bit of value today? :( Ive been really impressed with him so far, very composed and seems to be comfortable, I know hammer has done well but I think the match shud be 5/6 each :(

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I have got to admit I like the look of Lloyd to take out Mardle at 1.44 (Betfair). May be worth waiting for the in-running to snap out better odds though. It's fair to say Lloyd rode his luck against Mason and just scraped through with luck smiling on him. In view of his post-match comments on how he regrets having thrown 3 darts away, you've just got to feel his campaign will only get stronger from now on. Mardle has done well, but I'd just expect class to prevail here.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I wouldn't necessarily suggest 'class' though. I'd suggest Wayne Mardle has more natural talent and that Lloyd has had to work on his game but Colin is generally more consistent and that will tell. Colin Lloyd's 3-dart total against Chris Mason was 90.91 (9 180s!) Wayne Mardle's was 86.25 against Paul Williams (despite 7 180s). I wouldn't be surprised if this went 1 set to Mardle, 2 sets to Lloyd, 1 set to Mardle, 2 sets to Lloyd, 1 set to Mardle and 1 set to Lloyd. Mark Dudbridge versus Denis Ovens will be interesting. Dudbridge had an outstanding 96.3 3-dart average against John Part. Denis Ovens managed 88.61 against Roland Scholten. ....if Dudbridge does that again today, Ovens will struggle to find something to reply with. Phil Taylor seems to be in a determined mood this week and isn't in the mood for charity (he might wait until the final to do that) and I wouldn't be surprised if he does Kevin Painter in again 5-0. Bob Anderson versus Andy Hamilton should be a cakewalk for Bob. Hamilton has NOT brought his Super League form and his weakness this week is not being able to do high finishes. Andy's been solid, he's been consistent and he's been very lucky with the draw in order to get to the quarter-finals. Predicted semi-finals: * Lloyd versus Dudbridge and Taylor versus Anderson ========== I wouldn't be surprised if bookies have been crying uncle at the thought of opening a book betting in-running this year. The matches have been all over the shop since Alan Reynolds' loss against Matt Landers and it's surely been very rewarding to speculative punters. Bob Anderson fans yesterday surely must have lumped on I dunno, oooh 10/1 when he was 2-0 down when Ronnie collapsed and Bob stepped up gears. I didn't have anything on that match as I was convinced that after being 2-0 down it was pretty much all over....then WHAMMO! Bob bounces back with a vengeance.

Re: PDC World Darts Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 3) I'm going to be buying the number of 180s in Lloyd v Mardle @ 14.2. I would say 14 is about the minimum we will see, and if the match goes to 8 or 9 sets it could be up towards 20.