Tennis - 9-16 January

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Just taken Troicki at 8/11 with Bet365 for the same handicap of 2.5, can't add much to what's been said, just that watching his match against Starace, any better player than the Italian would have beaten Mayer so feel Troicki if he serves like he's been doing, should cover the handicap.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January young, sweeting and manasieva treble at 4-6 williamhill 3 points this seems like a fairly safe bet. i'm not a fan of young in general but he seems to like austalia ...he got through qualifying here last year and made the second round. he walses through his first round match and he plays veteran italian clay courter brizzi in the second round who has never done anything on a hard court and was just lucky to face a poor opponent in lobkov in the first round of qualifying. Sweeting is surely one of the more talented players in the qualifiers...he's a fine ball striker..and though he has concentration difficulties and doesn't seem to have much of a plan b or court savy he still should be way too classy for french man reynet who beat the young australian in the first round but my friend saw that match and said it was a very poor standard. finally manasieva plays yet another one of the asian players in the draw that you probably wouldnt see in any othe other slams.... a lot of the european players haven't made the trip. manasieva is just a solid competitor with no real weapons but she plays tough on every point....she's kinda like a poor man's zahlavova-strycova. she's usually very reliable in the qualies untill she plays someone thats simply just better than her and judging by lungham's results that's certainly not the case.11 worth a few quid this accumulator..i reckon jaroslav pospisil to beat brezac at 8-13 the price is a bit short i know... but i really fancy him to win this. brezac is no great shakes and jaroslav pospisil, who is not to be confused with vasek pospisil who is useless, has shown some good form over the past few months. he also had a very good win against the promising jurgen zopp in the first round and i expect him to be good enough to take brezac out. I LIKE FISHY26'S TIPS ON POLANSKY AND HAMPTON THOUGH HAMPTON'S PRICES SEEMS A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...LET'S HOPE NOT AS COHEN ALORO IS WELL AND TRULLY A SPENT FORCE....CAN'T EVEN WIN ON HER FAVOURITE CLAY. ANYWAY THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME OUTSIDER TIPS. 1. RIK de voest to beat blaz kavcic at 11-10 paddypowers 2.Nicolas massu to beat kravchuk at 5-4 powers 3.yevgeny korolev to beat dancevic at 6-5 powers And finally, sloane stephens will beat ungar at 4-7 with william hills and a kucova-llagosteres vives double should come in at 10-11 with powers also. good luck all.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January 1. Sydney. Gilles Simon -2 AH vs Ernests Gulbis. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Gulbis admitted that he's tired and would not have survived a 3rd set against Stakhovsky. He will have tough match against Simon for sure. The Frenchman loves long rallies and that will destroy Gulbis. Basically Simon needs to win one set here and therefore he'll be in pole position for a win. Gulbis is exhausted and will most likely go down unless finds tons of aces. 2. Sydney. Florian Mayer to beat Viktor Troicki. 2.65 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Will disagree on Troicki matter here. He naturally gets overrated after some luck at the end of the last season. He still is the same old average player who has got skills and talent but can lose to anybody. Mayer for me stands very good chance of beating the Serbian player. He did beat him in Aussie Open last year and won after losing the first set. Odds are really ridiculous and asking for trouble. 3. Hobart. Klara Zakopalova +4 AH vs Jarmila Groth. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (4/10) Groth sort of playing at home and will be under massive pressure whilst Zakopalova can relax. The key thing in this match-up is Zakopalova's defensive skills and quality return game. She really can bore here opponents to death with her style of play which most importantly is doing the trick. Groth has got huge serve and forehand which can go down sometimes and Zakopalova has got all the right tools to deal with player like Groth. Funny enough she has beaten Jarka 2 times out 3 they played and lost the only one by 4 games.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January

young' date= sweeting and manasieva treble at 4-6 williamhill 3 points this seems like a fairly safe bet. i'm not a fan of young in general but he seems to like austalia ...he got through qualifying here last year and made the second round. he walses through his first round match and he plays veteran italian clay courter brizzi in the second round who has never done anything on a hard court and was just lucky to face a poor opponent in lobkov in the first round of qualifying. Sweeting is surely one of the more talented players in the qualifiers...he's a fine ball striker..and though he has concentration difficulties and doesn't seem to have much of a plan b or court savy he still should be way too classy for french man reynet who beat the young australian in the first round but my friend saw that match and said it was a very poor standard. finally manasieva plays yet another one of the asian players in the draw that you probably wouldnt see in any othe other slams.... a lot of the european players haven't made the trip. manasieva is just a solid competitor with no real weapons but she plays tough on every point....she's kinda like a poor man's zahlavova-strycova. she's usually very reliable in the qualies untill she plays someone thats simply just better than her and judging by lungham's results that's certainly not the case.11 worth a few quid this accumulator..i reckon jaroslav pospisil to beat brezac at 8-13 the price is a bit short i know... but i really fancy him to win this. brezac is no great shakes and jaroslav pospisil, who is not to be confused with vasek pospisil who is useless, has shown some good form over the past few months. he also had a very good win against the promising jurgen zopp in the first round and i expect him to be good enough to take brezac out. I LIKE FISHY26'S TIPS ON POLANSKY AND HAMPTON THOUGH HAMPTON'S PRICES SEEMS A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...LET'S HOPE NOT AS COHEN ALORO IS WELL AND TRULLY A SPENT FORCE....CAN'T EVEN WIN ON HER FAVOURITE CLAY. ANYWAY THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME OUTSIDER TIPS. 1. RIK de voest to beat blaz kavcic at 11-10 paddypowers 2.Nicolas massu to beat kravchuk at 5-4 powers 3.yevgeny korolev to beat dancevic at 6-5 powers And finally, sloane stephens will beat ungar at 4-7 with william hills and a kucova-llagosteres vives double should come in at 10-11 with powers also. good luck all.
25 but will let you off ;). Yeah as far as I can see, the Hampton price is that high due to Heather Watson beating her in straights a week back but as you say Cohen Aloro is very much a shadow of who she used to be.

- Viktor Troicki -2.5AH (vs Florian Mayer) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (5/10) WIN - David Ferrer -3.5 games (vs Santiago Giraldo) @ 2.02 with Pinnacle (4/10) WIN
Nice profits again today. Neither really in any great doubt :ok

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Anyone watching Clijsters vs Li-Na? SImply unbelievable :D I placed a 20.5+ games bet right before the match and went away. Returned to my PC at 5-0 for Clijters, Li-Na serving. I've been saying Good-Bye to the bet. This game went to 15-30, but Li-Na made it, and then another 4 games in a row: 5-5. Then both Li-Na and Kim held their serve and it went to tie-break, which was won by Li-Na! If Kim makes at least 2 games in the second, my bet is at home. I love WTA:clap

Clijsters (to beat Li) x Ferrer (to bt Giraldo) Double @ 1.903 (Pinnacle:5pts) Troicki -2.5 games over Mayer @ 2.00 (Pinnacle:2pts)
LOSS WIN Sick loss on Kim, 5-0 and then she wins 2 games out of the next 13 and Na Li didnt step up her game much.and even at 4-2 down second set Li was there for the taking, Kim was just a mess today.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January One bet for tomorrow on finals day... - Gilles Simon (vs Viktor Troicki) @ 2.00 with Stan James (5/10) I've been backing Troicki all week but for me, this is where his run ends. Simon has also been in very good form this week. He's a man on a mission. As he missed so much of the early part of last season, he has no ranking points to defend and can make a massive surge up the rankings with good performances. He'll be right up for this one. I think he's a bad match-up for Troicki. He'll get his racket on a lot of balls and force Troicki to reall go for his shots. I still see errors creeping into the Serb's game despite his good form - his serve wasn't as infallable as earlier rounds against Mayer, and he missed more groundies, especially off the backhand wing. Simon will always hang in there and enjoys these conditions. Most importantly, the Frenchman leads the H2H 4-0. Even though the last meeting was a way back in 2009, I still think that says a lot for this encounter. Simon's style doesn't sit well with Troicki. This is a step up from what the Serb has had to face this week, and although I expect it to be very tight, Simon should not be the underdog in my book and I'm happy to back him to win at good odds. :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Got to love WTA for these kind of matches. :D I placed +5 on Na Li with juicy odds and in first half of hour she was just so poor that i couldn't believe my eyes.. And then suddenly Kim lost her game completely and Na won this tournament. 13-4 games for Li in an hour. Quite shocking if you ask me.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January I'm on Simon aswell mate, just cant argue with the h2h. Simon to beat Troicki @ 2.00 (Bet365:4pts) Any lower and I wouldnt get involved but price looks good on Simon here. He's had a good week....consistent and gone about his job comfortably. He's clearly a bad match-up for Troicki...4-0 h2h in Simon's favour and not even a set dropped. His grinding style forces too many errors from the Serb. Troicki has had a good week aswell but dont think his wins over Starace and Mayer were so impressive.....he might just be tailing off here and I fancy Simon to get the job done and win the title. GL!

Got to love WTA for these kind of matches. :D I placed +5 on Na Li with juicy odds and in first half of hour she was just so poor that i couldn't believe my eyes.. And then suddenly Kim lost her game completely and Na won this tournament. 13-4 games for Li in an hour. Quite shocking if you ask me.
Kim was a joke. When she was playing well Li couldnt win a game. Suddenly she lost all timing and crumbled. And she had chances to break in most of Li's service games but her forehand broke down for whatever reason.

I'm on Simon aswell mate, just cant argue with the h2h. Simon to beat Troicki @ 2.00 (Bet365:4pts) Any lower and I wouldnt get involved but price looks good on Simon here. He's had a good week....consistent and gone about his job comfortably. He's clearly a bad match-up for Troicki...4-0 h2h in Simon's favour and not even a set dropped. His grinding style forces too many errors from the Serb. Troicki has had a good week aswell but dont think his wins over Starace and Mayer were so impressive.....he might just be tailing off here and I fancy Simon to get the job done and win the title. GL!
Agree mate ;)

Taking a futher 3 tonight and following others on Troicki, whilst still have Bartoli with a handicap which is still to run. Florian Mayer vs Potito Starace- Mayer -3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10) Took this a little earlier at this price which has got a little shorter since. The way Mayer is playing and serving at the minute, should see him take care of the Italian today. Mayer impressively beat Del Porto without having to save any break points on serve and winning almost 60% of the total points. Starace on the other hand has had a pretty favourable draw. Faced Benneteau inwhat was his first match of the season and then beat Kubot who isn't the best singles player about. He needed the 3 sets in both though so he may also have some fatigue creeping into his game. Starace is very much a decent clay courter and fancy the German to go through here. Providing it's a comfortable victory for Mayer which it should be, the handicap is a low one which should be covered. Jesse Huta Galung vs Peter Polansky- Polansky to win- Evens Bet365- (4/10) Not sure I quite understand why Polansky is a slight underdog here. Polansky's form can be a bit indifferent but he achieved some good results last year on the hard court beating the likes of Melzer and Monaco at the US open. Lost to Mannarino last week 6-4 6-4 but as he has proved this week, he's in a bit of form at the minute. Polansky easily won his first qualifier, only losing 2 games in total so he should be fresh for the match. Galung is a guy I don't really understand. Only played one tournament on the hard court last season, mostly playing on the clay yet he didn't enter the French Open, but instead he tried for Wimbledon where he lost in the first round. Galung in fairness has started this season in decent fashion but had to concede a walkover in the semis. May have been just an attempt to get some rest before the qualifiers but this still could be a worry for him. Due to his results on the hard last season, and the experience of the US open, think this may be crucial for the Canadian and give him a slight edge to get through this one. Stephanie Cohen Aloro vs Jamie Hampton- Hampton to win- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Again I feel Hampton is too high in this one. She is a good youngster who is said to have a bright future in the game. Last year she had a lot of practice on the hard courts, playing many challenger events, winning 3 of them and in total winning 32 whilst only losing 8 matches, showing she is more than capable of stepping up to the next level. Had a poor result in Auckland losing to Brit Heather Watson but that left her with more prep to get ready for the qualifiers. Her opponent last year didn't even have to go through the qualifiers for the Aussie Open last year but since falling in the first round then, she only played a total of 3 matches on the outside hard courts, losing 2 of those. For most of last season she played very mediocre players and even then had mixed success. Just not convinced about her and think that Hampton has a really good shot here. Aloro doesn't deserve to be on a par with Hampton and Hampton will be completely up for this to try and make a big break this season, starting here.
WIN WIN WIN Quite happy with that, looks like most are doing well as well which is always good to see :ok

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Meh, missed the price, but the handicap is small, hope it does not come back and haunt me. 10pts (7/10) G.Simon (-1.5) to bt. V.Troicki @ 2.00 at Pinnacle Simon has a 4-0 record over Troicki and has never dropped a set. He had an easy game yesterday with Gulbis with Gulbis breaking down mentally (as he often does) in the second set. Troicki had a tough fight with Mayer - and I expected that one to be easier for Troicki. He is getting tired and this is a solid step up in quality, which I do not think he will overcome.

Re: Tennis - 9-16 January Gilles Simon vs Viktor Troicki After embarassement in Brisbane against Giraldo, Simon still didn't lost a set here in Sydney beating Lu, Gil and Dolgopolov in straight sets before playing against Gulbis yesterday. Gulbis is a similar type of player to Troicki, quite solid from the baseline, decent hitter and moves well around the court but is mentally fragile and oftenly has blackouts during a match. Yesterday he served for 6-4 in the first set, then choked and got broken to love. In the second he fell apart and won only 3(!!) points in the whole second set. The same thing can repeat today cause Troicki, although in great form of late and also without a lost set on this tournament, is a good matchup for his grinding, defensive style. After all, Simon is 4-0 in h2h against the Serb winning first two matches on clay and the other two on hardcourts(indoors in Bangkok, outdoors in Shanghai) without losing a set. Quality is on Simon's side, and although i reckon it's going to be a hell of a struggle, his mental awareness will help him to prevail in this match. Taking this with medium stake though, as there's not much of a value here. GL. Simon -1.5 (GH) @ 2.00 Pinnacle (6 units)

Got to love WTA for these kind of matches. :D I placed +5 on Na Li with juicy odds and in first half of hour she was just so poor that i couldn't believe my eyes.. And then suddenly Kim lost her game completely and Na won this tournament. 13-4 games for Li in an hour. Quite shocking if you ask me.
That would be quite shocking' date= but it was only 13-9 , so give poor Kim some credit ;)