** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November

4:20 Kempton - Peligrosso - Back I napped him lto when he justified the short odds in fine style. On ratings here he's only 3rd best but I don't think that's anywhere near a true reflection. On jockey bookings he's stable first string ahead of the better weighted chocablock. That looks significant and I think that peligrosso's mark is actually more realistic than the others' here as he's the only one that's been competing at a level equivalent to his mark recently. On that basis I take him to score again here 1pt win @ sp

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 5.20 Kempton Really like the look of Sirius Prospect for the Ivory yard who are going great guns at the moment. Yard have a good record around here 31 wins from 275 runs and are operating on a LSP of +38 narrowing that down to this year they have had 9 winners from 77 with a LSP of +50 the only worry is his 2yr olds never do much around here. But is well drawn for aw debut and showed lots of promise in 2 big field competitive maidens racing up front which suits Kempton well and on that level of form should be hard to beat! 1pt win Sirius Prospect

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 4-00 southwell -ace of spies -e/way i think this horse as a good e/way chance here hes won over c/d and he seemed to run a lot better than what he as been,so i think he might just start to hit form also this is easier than the last race he run in so i think he a good e/way bet

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 3.30 southwell 1mile6 furlongs class 6 event here, and i expect mexican jay to attempt to make the running like he did last friday (went off to quick) he came in for extreme support that day only to finish 3rd, the bryan smart yard is in bad form at the moment and at the current betfair and predicted prices i want to be against this 1 with Mediterainian sea the selection is lightly raced for a 4 year old and has been campained sparringly this term, showed a liking for the track when winining over cd back in february has too shoulder top weight here but that might not stop this progressive 4 year old. 1pt win mediterainian sea

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November Sou 4.00 - Ace of Spies - EW at 20/1 BOG with bet365 He's a CD winner who's had a bit of an up and down year - won a couple of turf handicaps back in the spring, won over this CD in august, then a few disappointing runs. I like his last run - it was here over an adequate 5 furlongs in a much better race than todays. He got a bit outpaced then ran on again Drops back in class today and the handicapper has dropped him 3 lbs as well. Got a plum draw in stall 1, should be able to lay up behind the early leaders Three front runners in the race are all drawn middle to high so will probably take each other on trying to get to the inside at the bend. Should set the race up for a late runner.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 4:00 Southwell - Charles Parnell - e/w @ 10/1 (VC - BOG) 3 times C&D winner who has been running reasonably of late including when winning on penultimate start Ayr when beating Dubai Hills easily by 2 lengths. My selection also missed the break that day so he possibly had a lot more in hand that the 2l win suggests. Charles Parnell is still 3lbs higher than his last C&D win but he did win off 11lb higher at the back end of '08 and may be well in. He has also been runner up to Poet's Place at this course when the future Portland winner beat him by 4 lengths, he's now rated in the hundreds and my selection is 1lb lower than that run now. I don't rate his jockey today at all but he has a good record on him and has won twice on him, including that race at Ayr. There's likely to be a fast gallop here and my selection thrives on the back of excessive speed so hopefully he'll get that here. He's also drawn in stall 11 which shouldn't prove too much of a hindrance as it's close to the quickest piece of ground at Southwell. All in all he has solid claims in a decent looking race and I'm expecting him to place at least, small each way stakes at a price which is double what he should be.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November Have to agree with Trotter here, absolutely huge price. 16:00 Southwell Ace Of Spies has a very decent chance today I feel, back at his preferred distance and at Southwell, on what looks a reasonable mark. Won over CD off a mark of 68, and that was a very decent performance, making all and beating Bookiesindex Boy, who on his day could probably beat 90 rated horses around Southwell! Doesn't look handicapped out of it off 70 here. That win over CD was a nice run, and with Robert Winston booked, it may mean that they intend similar front-running tactics today to what were employed on that occasion, which should be fairly possibly seen as though Ace of Spies has a plum draw in Stall 1. Has been a bit hit and miss since the CD win, but his last run at Southwell over 5f wasn't bad at all, and looked to be staying on nicely at the end. Has never really performed that well when run over 5f, so it was encouraging to say the least. 6f has always been his distance (3/4 wins come at 6f) and reverted back today, at this sort of viable mark in a much weaker race than he's been previously contesting. With a jockey booking like Robert Winston, indicating they intend to get a prominent position and at this huge price of 20/1. In my book, he's a worth a bet. EW @ 20/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 6.20 Kempton - Blackmore (10/3 Betfred) 1pt Win Much improved when upped to 2 miles last time out at Lingfield, suspicion that the race might have fallen in to his lap a bit there but nevertheless did it well enough in the end and must have a great chance under a 6lb penalty this evening in what looks to be a weaker contest.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November Bangor 2:10 Minella Boys 7-1 BET365 (BOG) 1 Point WIN Everything is set up for this horse to run well today. Trip/form and ground all suit but the major factor me is its Felix de Giles only ride of the day which i have spotted before and more often than not won.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November At Bangor, two novice races, the second is the most interesting for me, a good chance for Scoter Fontaine to build on a good run at Aintree, the form looks solid enough. Heron Bay is very inconsistant and with the penalty aswell this will be a surprise to me if he's good enough. Of the others we have one or two possible improvers and a Henry Daly newcomer, also Pret A Thou a chaser with a high rating but may need this. I like Pie At Midnight and wouldnt give up on him just yet. Bet; 310 Ban: Scoter Fontaine 1pt (11/10 VCBet)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November Bangor 14.10 Kilbeggan blade 1 pt W Coral 21.00 The weights on this handycap are very equal and this may benefit the top weight Kilbeggan blade. Last season the animal didn't show his class. Now he dropped seriously his ranks and is put in a race where he would not have a problem to win it if he is half of his best. The question is if he is well recovered after bad runs. The animal finished earlier the season in February after just 4 starts and for sure had the time to recover.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November Calaficial - Huntingdon 2:20 Seems to be overpriced here. It ran a poor race on its return last time out but that was just a little prep run in my opinion and i think we can expect much better here today. The fact this is a front-runner and is only in a small field of around 10 horses suggests to me that it might get a soft lead up front and if it is fit and sharper for the run it could run a very big race. It is a relatively poor race and im willing to have a punt on the Pogson partnership. 0.5 Points e/w @ 33/1 (VC) BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November Bangor 3.40 Sansili EW - 9/1 PP VC Looked one paced so far, so sower going will suit. Trainer usually does well with these types when they go handicapping and with the juvenile allowance, he could be well treated here. Not a particularly strong race and with the 8 runners, he looks a decent EW bet at the price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November H3.20 Bearneen Boy 1pt Win 8/1 William Hill This horses best form has come on right handed courses preferably flat in nature so todays conditions should be ideal. The horse could be very well handicapped today and the only negative appears to be the very long absence when presumably the horse had problems. It's therefore encouraging to see that there's been money for it this morning which may indicate that it's problems are behind it and a big run is expected.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 3:10 Bangor. Saffron De cotte 11/2@sportingbet Henry Daly's horse is the only one proven to act on ground this slow and when we're talking juvenile hurdlers it is a massive factor imo. Won lto over slightly shorter in a far lesser grade but way he did it that day suggests step up in grade should be more than within his compass.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November THANK YOU JOY 1.00 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. Last time's effort was a big step forward and appears to have started to show more of what's been expected. Can improve a bit more today and with it being a weak race, I think she has every chance of a win. The trip and surface should suit and a double figure price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November on a bad losing run as we enter the NH season,but thats life.. 2.45 NAAS INNER VOICE 11-1 CORALS 0.5pt ew Inner voice is not on a great mark here,and comes in on top weight..But it does like this ground,and it should be fine as it drops back in trip by 4 furlongs,so has that distance less to carry the weight plus it has a 5 pound claimer on board. It has been running well in defeat,and this is not a great race,has not won for 2 years so why its at the top of the weights i don't know,although it has not won in that length,as i said poor race coupled with the fact conditions appear to be perfect for it..

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 2.30 Southwell, Calormen, 1pt e/w at 14/1 with Victor Chandler Podgies Boy showed some ability in maidens and maybe involved alongside with Brand Bob who showed improvement at this level last time. But the one who i think may have a fair chance at bigger prices is Calormen. This one was beaten by Brand Bob last time but i think he can revers this form on this surface and without too much of waiting tactics. Showed some slight promise earlier in this career too and i think 14/1 is a way too big price for him so a chance is taken.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 15:40 Bangor Monsieur - Running off 124 at one point in career has slid down to 79 for today where finished 2nd off this mark last week on soft going and same distance. Trainer travelling a good distance for this one horse and hopefully after last weeks run should go one better. Not overly confident with jockey and therefore 0.5EW 7/1 ladbrokes.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wednesday 10th November 7:50 Doctor Hilary @ Kempton - Hasn't ran on the all weather since winning at Lingfield back in June.Has been placed a couple of times since then on the turf and this switch back to the all weather will suit 1 pt Win bet @ 15/2 VC Bet