** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix I've gone for 2 bets tonight: Simon Whitlock checkout over 107.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power James Wade checkout over 105.50 @ 10/11 Paddy Power Both these guys are fantastic finishers and i truly believe both these finishes are well within their capabilities tonight. Whitlock finished 170 in his 1st round match against nicholson. Wade's highest checkout in the 1st round was only 60 but he was up against mick mcgowan who was only averaging 67. I think colin osborne will push wade harder tonight and wadey may well need to take out a few 100+ finishes to keep himself in front. Anyway, a one treble finish is well within both of their capabilities. GL all :hope

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix 3 for me tonight. Wayne Jones to bt. Adrian Lewis (4/10) - 2.10 at Boylesports Adrian Lewis struggled heavily in the last round, but Jenkins just could not find any consistency. I am sure that Lewis will improve, but Jones has been quite impressive so far and over this format, Jones is the one better on doubles and should be able to get the win. This is a great price. James Wade (-1.5) to bt. Andy Hamilton (6/10) - 1.67 at Boylesports Except for the brief wobble in the second set, Wade was very strong yesterday. Hamilton was impressive, but I doubt that he will be able to maintain that form for the second day and over more sets. Also, if he goes down early, he will lose this one pretty easily and the handicap is therefore worth taking. Barrie Bates (+2.5) to bt. Raymond Barneveld (6/10) - 1.90 at Boylesports Barrie seems to be playing with no pressure at all and is scoring doubles nicely. Pressure seems to be no concern at all, as he survived yesterday under enormous pressure at the end of the match. Barneveld is all ups and downs nowadays and with that Said, Bates should be able to take 2 sets off him.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix

I've gone for 2 bets tonight: Simon Whitlock checkout over 107.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power James Wade checkout over 105.50 @ 10/11 Paddy Power Both these guys are fantastic finishers and i truly believe both these finishes are well within their capabilities tonight. Whitlock finished 170 in his 1st round match against nicholson. Wade's highest checkout in the 1st round was only 60 but he was up against mick mcgowan who was only averaging 67. I think colin osborne will push wade harder tonight and wadey may well need to take out a few 100+ finishes to keep himself in front. Anyway, a one treble finish is well within both of their capabilities. GL all :hope
2/2 :beer

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix I've gone for 2 bets tonight: Wayne Jones checkout over 107.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Andy Hamilton checkout over 108.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Best of 7 sets for the quarter finals so a minimum of 4 sets to achieve these checkouts. I think both these players quarter finals will be tight affairs with a minimum of 6 sets. I was very impressed with hamilton last night. He scored really well (avg 91.55) and had checkouts of 154 and 130. Jones is also playing well and recorded a 3-0 win against steve brown with checkouts of 124 and 108. As i said above i think both games will go atleast 6 sets therefore both players will get numerous opportunities at 100+ checkouts. GL all :hope

I've gone for 2 bets tonight: Wayne Jones checkout over 107.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Andy Hamilton checkout over 108.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power Best of 7 sets for the quarter finals so a minimum of 4 sets to achieve these checkouts. I think both these players quarter finals will be tight affairs with a minimum of 6 sets. I was very impressed with hamilton last night. He scored really well (avg 91.55) and had checkouts of 154 and 130. Jones is also playing well and recorded a 3-0 win against steve brown with checkouts of 124 and 108. As i said above i think both games will go atleast 6 sets therefore both players will get numerous opportunities at 100+ checkouts. GL all :hope
hi mate. do you think hamilton is worth of taking? wade wasnt impressive last night, osbourne could drag him to 5th set...

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix LEWIS 8/11 V JONES EVENS. regulars here know i rate Woody, i've always had a great respect for him bringing up three girls himself while competing on the pro circuit. but for years now Wayne has been a formidable foe on the tour he had usually struggled in front of the cameras, with his World Champ SF place a few years back being put down to luck. i however am not surprised to see him finally make the break through. in the last year he has progressed well runner up in Euiropean Championships, and an excellent run in the matchplay he seems to have found an extra 20-40 points on his scoring throws 100s are now 140s and 140s are now 180s i reckon he will push Lewis we all know Lewis's most dangerous opponent is himself, he was lucky to sneak through against Jenkins, and i think Woody can do a job on him tonight, Jones is also thinking of his ranking he has made it into the coveted top 16 but a semi final here might see him sqeeze in to top 10 another incentive.

hi mate. do you think hamilton is worth of taking? wade wasnt impressive last night' date=' osbourne could drag him to 5th set...[/quote'] Hamilton is playing really well and i think it'll be a close game but i just don't think he'll have enough to beat wade. Wade felt too comfortable against osborne. That's the reason i think for him going off the boil. Hamilton will push him but i think wade will show an extra gear that hamilton doesn't possess.

2/2 :beer
Good work mate. 3 for me tonight. 4pts W.Jones to beat A.Lewis 11/10 Boylesports Wayne Jones is riding the crest of a wave at the minute. We know what we're going to get from the Wanderer. Solid, no frills darts but it's mighty effective. Adrian Lewis is the exact opposite. He likes to showboat and please the crowd, often to the detriment of his own game but that's youthful exuberance for you. Looking at the respective form of the two men this week it's fair to say Jones has played much better than Lewis. Jenkins should have taken Lewis out in the last round but he was woeful himself. Lewis never really looked like he had the weight of the throw right. Whether he's ill or something I don't know. Lewis has never been past this round here in Dublin and that comes as no surprise as set play isn't really his thing. Jones is solid and Lewis will have to play well to win this. He'll hit that D16 regularly and score consistently although I suspect not to the power that Lewis will score at. But this tournament is all about the outer ring and that gives Jones, who's won 3 of the last 4 meetings between the two including at the European Championship last month, the edge. 3pts R.Barneveld (-2.5 sets) to beat B.Bates 10/11 Skybet I like Barney in this match. I don't go along with all this unprofessional crap that's spouted out about Barney or the hasn't thrown a dart for yonks rubbish. Just because he is choosing to leave the tour events for a while doesn't make him a bad player as he proved in Blackpool. Barrie Bates is probably playing the best darts he's played right now but he's going to have to improve on that to match a dangerous looking Barney. Barney averaged 92 without breaking sweat last night and held off a very spirited challenge from Mark Walsh. I don't think Bates scores as well as Barney and when he's in gear I think Barney hits doubles better than him too. He's at home in Ireland as he's shown in making the last two finals of this event so I see the Dutchman winning this match and winning it no worse than 4-1. 3pts G.Anderson Most 180's vs P.Taylor 11/10 Betfred Gary Anderson is scoring like a dream this week. When he's on song, like he appears to be, I'll take him to hit more 180's than anyone on the planet such is the power he scores to. I don't think he'll win this match. He's not strong enough on his doubles but he may be competitive enough to win a set or two. It'll need to be his scoring power which keeps him in this match though. Taylor can turn it on at any point but this event he hasn't carried that power scoring which he's demolished recent events with. He may head for cover a bit in this match with him likely to be pushed more than he has so far in the tournament. Hopefully this will be a good match but with Anderson scoring the way he has so far in the event, I will take him to hit the most 180's tonight.

did jones won? cant find the score anywhere...
4-1 to Lewis.... Turning point for me was 1-0 in sets... 2-1 Jones in legs then Lewis finished 161 then 70 on the bull 2 legs in a row with Jones sitting tidy... sucker punch after sucker punch!

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Yep. Was 2-1 Jones in that set at the time. Was great darts. It's what seperates Ady from the normal players. Tomorrow night we'll see what seperates him from the great players. Some match this Taylor/Anderson match :eek.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Should I cry because I stayed home on Friday eve and played against Taylor live to minimize my loss or should I be lucky cause I seen something like this after only 10 darts matches I watched in my life?? :$:$:$ But if I'm not wrong this should be an ordinary performance from Taylor and miracle performance from Andersen that he doesn't produce every day... I hope it is cause in the end I put some money on outright :hope He stole my profit from darts for complete week, but at least other was fine today :cheers

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Lewis / Taylor will be over hyped..... I'm sure Lewis has a hole in his arse so will lose.... He'll never beat Taylor as long as he does.... Wade/Barney could/should be a cracker! Roll on saturday... at least the missus is working, so I don't have to wedge it in between Strictly / Casualty or X-Factor!!!

Should I cry because I stayed home on Friday eve and played against Taylor live to minimize my loss or should I be lucky cause I seen something like this after only 10 darts matches I watched in my life?? :$:$:$ But if I'm not wrong this should be an ordinary performance from Taylor and miracle performance from Andersen that he doesn't produce every day... I hope it is cause in the end I put some money on outright :hope He stole my profit from darts for complete week, but at least other was fine today :cheers
Its not beyond the realms to say, that wasn't vintage Taylor... ive seen him play better quite a few times, but yes, Anderson was better than usual, but again... was never going to beat Phil... getting in a position to beat Taylor is one thing... following the job through is a different ball game all together!! There are only 3 or 4 players, mentally capable of beating Taylor... 2 aren't good enough at the moment.... the other 2 play in the 2nd semi tomorrow....

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Agreed. I was loading up the trigger on Lewis to beat Anderson but he'll never touch Taylor unless he hires a hedgehog :lol. On that Anderson performance, those I speak to on MSN will know that was no surprise to me (note to Waddell darts does exist outside of Taylor's arse). I've been championing Anderson as the future number 1 in this sport for the last 3-4 years. He'll be a world champion soon and it'll be before all those that Waddell spouts off about too. Profitable night for me with Anderson winning the 180's 10-6. Shame Jones was crap but c'est la vie. I'm on Wade at 6/1 tomorrow when he won't be a lot bigger than evens. He's favourite on my book so I dare say I won't be betting tomorrow but we'll see what the side markets come up with ;).

Its not beyond the realms to say, that wasn't vintage Taylor... ive seen him play better quite a few times, but yes, Anderson was better than usual, but again... was never going to beat Phil... getting in a position to beat Taylor is one thing... following the job through is a different ball game all together!! There are only 3 or 4 players, mentally capable of beating Taylor... 2 aren't good enough at the moment.... the other 2 play in the 2nd semi tomorrow....
And 2 that aren't good enough at the moment will be??? Just hope tomorrow will be less stressful, at least because of one set more needed for the victory

Agreed. I was loading up the trigger on Lewis to beat Anderson but he'll never touch Taylor unless he hires a hedgehog :lol. On that Anderson performance, those I speak to on MSN will know that was no surprise to me (note to Waddell darts does exist outside of Taylor's arse). I've been championing Anderson as the future number 1 in this sport for the last 3-4 years. He'll be a world champion soon and it'll be before all those that Waddell spouts off about too. Profitable night for me with Anderson winning the 180's 10-6. Shame Jones was crap but c'est la vie. I'm on Wade at 6/1 tomorrow when he won't be a lot bigger than evens. He's favourite on my book so I dare say I won't be betting tomorrow but we'll see what the side markets come up with ;).
Nice, congratulations :clap

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Sport Darts Event Van Barneveld v Wade Selection Lay Wade (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.10 Reasoning I'm going for Barney tonight. People talking about his prep not being great but he's turned up and I think is playing really well. Seems to be improving too, and I expect he'll put in a good performance tonight. Not sure on the H2H but on TV I think Barney has the edge. Wade is playing pretty good aswell, and this should be a good match, but I like the price on van Barneveld.