** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix

1 bet for me tonight: James Wade checkout over 120.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power In last night's quarter final wade checked out scores of 154 and his favourite 121 and 116 in a disappointing performance by him. He'll have to improve tonight to beat Barney and i think he will improve. He really does owe barney one. I hope i don't live to regret saying this but i really do think paddy power have errored in this market tonight as they have given us the 121 checkout. Barney is at 121.50. Wade is a fantastic finisher and seems to take out 121 for fun. This game should be a tight affair and with it being best of 9 sets he should have plenty of opportunities to beat this line. This is my bet of the week and i'm going big on it. Come on James :hope

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix P.Taylor -3.5 Sets to beat A.Lewis @ 1.57 Hills Can really see Taylor taking Lewis to the cleaners here as he has done in the past, for me Lewis isn't playing great darts at present and am surprised to see him at this stage. He deserves respect because of that but he is meeting a different animal tonight in Taylor, the stick he was taking last night off the crowd and to still come through speaks volumes of him, he is up for the fight, tournament after tournament. I think he'll come out firing again and win this no worse than 5-1.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix

1 bet for me tonight: James Wade checkout over 120.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power In last night's quarter final wade checked out scores of 154 and his favourite 121 and 116 in a disappointing performance by him. He'll have to improve tonight to beat Barney and i think he will improve. He really does owe barney one. I hope i don't live to regret saying this but i really do think paddy power have errored in this market tonight as they have given us the 121 checkout. Barney is at 121.50. Wade is a fantastic finisher and seems to take out 121 for fun. This game should be a tight affair and with it being best of 9 sets he should have plenty of opportunities to beat this line. This is my bet of the week and i'm going big on it. Come on James :hope
BULL TO FINISH :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I've always wanted to say this: I love it when a plan comes together :lol

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix I thought of you pakelly when they zoomed into the bull waiting for the inevitable!! Didn't follow but wish I had, followed Kev on Wade outright which was enough interest for me. Top bet and post and well deserved winnings :clap

I thought of you pakelly when they zoomed into the bull waiting for the inevitable!! Didn't follow but wish I had' date=' followed Kev on Wade outright which was enough interest for me. Top bet and post and well deserved winnings :clap[/quote'] Thanks perry. :hope for a wade win.

I've not got the greatest record in this event personally but off the back of a good 2010 so far hopefully we can have a good week this week. Just the one outright and then a quarter bet. 1.5pts ew J.Wade to win World Grand Prix 12/1 Paddy Power (1/2 1,2) I've already collected on a James Wade outright punt already this year and I see no real reason why I can't do so again here. He's a previous winner of this event and I believe this is an event which is very much a horses for courses type event. Since winning this in 2007, Wade's actually not won a match at the event. If this was the world championship or the matchplay that would be a concern but it's not as much of a concern here as anyone can beat anyone over 3 sets and Priestley was off his tits against Wade last year. At the end of the day though, Wade hits doubles as well as anyone in the game and with a tricky looking quarter with the likes of Whitlock and Priestley around that should keep Wade's mind sharp from the off. Barney could await in the semi final but Wade beat him 5-1 on his way to the title in 07 so that's not such an issue. Wade's in decent form having won a players championship event a couple of weeks ago and a Championship League group the week after. I'm happy enough to pick just one in this section of the draw and that one is James Wade.
Top stuff kev :clap

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix F...ing darts, quite expensive school so far this week :( I am completely new in this but if Taylor is so dominant I think he cant remember two matches like this in row.. Bad luck.. Or I just don't understand this game :wall

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix boycie, this is a unique event the double start format means that having the throw does'nt mean so much in this event, where so many of these players these days are so strong on thier own throw. so thats why i don't read too much into this tournament, i will write this one off and await the GSOD next month.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Very peculiar match although Taylor sets such spectacularly high standards that when he does lose, it looks odd. Not sure what Adrian Lewis accuses Phil Taylor of 'cheating' or 'tactics', and Phil Taylor not interviewed post-match? Very strange. Has Adrian Lewis played his 'final' and thus have nothing left against James Wade? Wade leads Lewis 13-7 in H2Hs. That 12/1 e/w bet on James Wade looks darn good to get the 'win' part if you ask me.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Sport Darts Event Wade v Lewis Selection Lay Lewis Strength 10/10 Date 10/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10 Reasoning Has to be Wade for me tonight. He was pretty good against Barney who didn't show up, and expect him to be better again tonight. He got experience in Sky finals and mentally should be stronger. Lewis got the incredible win over Taylor last night, win of his life, so hard to come back and do it again. Wade knows that and will be doing everything top put the pressure on. Think wade is a pretty strong favourite for this, but I've got an awful record in Darts!

boycie' date=' this is a unique event the double start format means that having the throw does'nt mean so much in this event, where so many of these players these days are so strong on thier own throw. so thats why i don't read too much into this tournament, i will write this one off and await the GSOD next month.[/quote'] I decide the same after the match, enough losses in darts for this week... Even I'm sure that Lewis will not put strong cards on the table after win like this and Wade should win easily imho... Pure psychology :ok

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix ADRIAN LEWIS V JAMES WADE. LEWIS +1.5 4/5. this could be a toss of a coin, both are here having beaten the top 2 players in the rankings, with Lewis finally putting his fear of Taylor behind him. I have been impressed with Aidy of late he looks to be far more confident, he has the head screwed on now the effect a family has on a person. he seems to have more dedication to the game, and has undoubtedly earned his first major final berth. against the Power he was superb scoring better than Taylor who had no answer to Lewis's amazing onslaught we have never doubted his scoring which is up alongside Anderson, and Barnevelds at thier best, the question is does he have enough left in the tank for one more supreme effort against James Wade now those of you who visit here regularly know i just can't be doing with Wade, don't like his O'Sullivan esque "i hate the game" rubbish he spouts. he has really costed through this week Barney did'nt test him the way we might have thought, so there could be a question over whether Wade is battle hardened, i have doubts over whether Wade has the sheer scoring bursts that Lewis has only Lewis, and Anderson i belive have those bursts in them. and also Wades poor scores tend to be 26s 15s and the likes where Lewis are more 60s 59s so that is a slight edge on Aidys side there is no doubting Wade has a better finishing game but for me this week the most impressive thing is Lewis's starting double hehas been excellent and if he can put that together with his scoring i fancy him to win tonight let alone cover the handicap line.

Superb spot mate. We saw in the world championship the advantage of having the 121 on our side and full advantage taken here. Like Perry says, deserves every penny you've won on that one mate :clap:clap:clap. No bets for me on this final. Normally I look for a side market to attack to compliment the ew part of an outright when I have one in the final but everything looks priced up and finally I've got an outright which is favourite in a final. Keeping my fingers :hope that Wade's 2 finger salute doesn't come back to haunt him and if it doesn't then :hope he does the business as I expect him to do :hope:hope.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix What were the odds of Lewis beating Taylor before the match started? And not sure if you can bet in play but were their any odds of Taylor leading 3-2 in sets and losing? Wish i watched it live but recorded it but was an incredible result none the less.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix I wasn't going to have any bets on the final but i've talked myself into one: Highest match checkout over 133.50 @ 8/11 Paddy Power This is just a small stake bet. Both these players have been taking out big finishes this week. This game will be played at a quick tempo which will suit both players. They'll get into a rhythm early which should lead to high scoring and a good few 100+ finishes. I'm expecting a high quality game and hopefully a big checkout or two to go with it. :hope

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Going for the same thing that pakelly went for yesterday 4 points James Wade checkout over 123.50 @ 1.83 Paddy Power Although the line has increased by 3 i still think Wade can take it out again tonight. I think the game will be played at high tempo and we should see a cracker of a match, i wouldn't be surprised if we see a high amount of 180s along with a 170 finish and even a 9 darter! ALso followed Kev on the Wade outright @ 13s so hopefully he can get the win :hope

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix well done Kev great week for you i had a poor week but onwards and upwards! soon be the GSOD and i will warn you all now a beaten Taylor is akin to a wounded animal so i guaruntee you that he as practicing harder than ever today. so we await Wolverhampton next month,and for the Taylor retaliation no doubt.

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix James Wade asked last night how do i make the fans cheer for me? Well james a reaction like that will. You showed how much winning that tournament meant to you. At times he has shown a total disinterest in the game and fans pick up on that. Anyway, i don't want to sound anti james wade cos actually he's my favourite player. Congratulations to all those who backed him from the start. :notworthy

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix Win darts matches and tournaments. That'll get the crowd on his side. Phil Taylor's nothing special in terms of using the crowd or personality but he's won everything and the crowd love him. If Wade wins matches and tournaments they'll soon take to him. Thankfully he won this one so I finally nail that elusive full outright win. Poor week on the match betting for me as I hinted at the start of the week it could be. It's really not my best format but the outright win more than made up for that. +27 for Wade winning so I end the week +20.23pts. Well done to all with winners this week :clap:clap. Roll on the Grand Slam :nana

Re: Darts: Bodog World Grand Prix They were booing Taylor yesterday but probably only because they wanted to see Adrian Lewis finally beat Phil. Wade, I am fully convinced only acts the way he has done recently because of the chants about Helen Chamberlain and as such, he doesn't really get on with the audience. Don't recall much arrogance or posturing from him before the chants as I'm pretty sure audiences were mostly bewildered about him but were cheering his good darts whilst James just got on with his throwing.

They were booing Taylor yesterday but probably only because they wanted to see Adrian Lewis finally beat Phil. Wade, I am fully convinced only acts the way he has done recently because of the chants about Helen Chamberlain and as such, he doesn't really get on with the audience. Don't recall much arrogance or posturing from him before the chants as I'm pretty sure audiences were mostly bewildered about him but were cheering his good darts whilst James just got on with his throwing.
Pretty good assessment that.