** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Friday 24th Sept

bowles10

Ascot 4.20 BRICK RED I mentioned this horse after its 1st run and then missed it whilst on holidays. A pal of mine knows the connections and they were well pleased with the win at Kempton. It comes up a grade now and can improve again as its lightly raced and a higher mark is not beyond this one, only goes up 3lb for last win. Balding had 2 big priced winners at the weekend. 1pt win 7/1 Stan James (BOG)

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept Oil Strike - Ascot 3:10 I feel this horse has good place prospects tomorrow. Its last run was impressive i thought. The draw seems to be very important here over 6 furlongs and it pays to be drawn high. It has a lovely sit in Stall 16 and should be able to grab the fence just like it did last time and should be hard to pass. It has won over the distance 2 times thus far and its last run was off a mark of 88 when it won a tad cosily over 6 at Lingfield and is only upped 4 pounds tomorrow which i feel is fair myself. Ian Mongan has only rode this horse once before and he won on it that time so he has a 100% record on the horse. I feel it has a good chance tomorrow due to the draw, current form and should get the rail which can be vital. I rate Kelly's Eye as a potential outsider that can cause an upset and would be the danger for me. 1 Point win @ 14/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 4.40 Worcester Saintly Lady - keeps knocking on the door and placed on all of her last three starts. Fitting of first time cheekpieces may help and lightly raced over this distance. Seemed to get 3m last time at Uttoxeter so taking a chance she will continue to improve over it. 0.5 pt EW

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 3:10 Ascot - Kellys Eye - .5pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Highly progressive 3 year old since joining the Brown yard after racing for Brain Smart as a two year old. He started this season off a mark of 72 and is now rated 94 which is tremendous progression. He placed on his first two efforts for his new yards then notched up a quick hat-trick at Ripon and was subsequently rated 96. He flopped on his last 4 runs, not beaten by far on any occasion but didn't get the result needed to seem "impressive" and I think that's why he's currently on offer at a crazy price of 25/1. He was hampered on his penultimate start at Ripon and finished 3l behind Gap Princess who is a good horse. Last time out he came 19th of 25 in the Ayr Silver Cup, on the face of it it looks a terrible run but he's a lot better than that and traveled well throughout and didn't get a clean run through despite looking likely to give a big challenge and even hit 2.62 in running, although I can't understand that. He was drawn high which is usually the place to be at Ayr but the low side seemed to be quicker with a lot of the higher drawn horses running poorly, more than likely due to a moderate pace being set stand side and a rapid gallop set on the other side. Kellys Eye was 8 lengths behind the winner in the end but with a clearer passage and a faster run race he'd of been a lot closer, in my opinion. The ground was very quick for Kellys Eye on the last 3 runs and with slower ground here I think he has a very good chance of getting one of the four places available at the very least. He likes to be raced tracking the leaders and he has the perfect position to attack from stall 15 of 16 and has a lot of the pace around him. The slower/softer ground and great draw will give Kellys Eye a good chance of placing if he runs to ability and with four places paid the 25's looks massive. There could still be more to come from this Noverre gelding and he should strip fitter for that run a week ago. Jamie Spencer takes the ride on this fellow for the first time which is interesting, he doesn't often ride for the Brown yard but from 4 rides he has 2 wins (50%) and a 2nd place. Spencer is riding reasonably well of late and despite a few poor rides he is certainly a positive for this horse and he should be able to get her settled in behind the leaders from this good draw and hopefully produce her late on as he can do so well at times, it's either that or he'll ruin her chances altogether. This is the only horse that the Brown yard send here tomorrow to a track they have only visited on 2 occasions before and I reckon they'll be expecting a good run from their progressive 3 year old. He certainly has a good chance with the ground softening and a good jockey on board and Kellys Eye is a 10/1 shot in my book so the 25's are absolutely huge, with 4 places paid being a big advantage assuming nobody pulls out as there is just a dead 16 runners at the moment. Could cause a shock and outrun his price tag. He's worth small each way stakes.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 2:00 Sylvestris @ Ascot - Has been placed in all its three races to date so far and was unlucky LTO going down by just under 2 lengths finishing 3rd of 17.Only lost 2nd in last couple of strides so the slightly shorter trip might help. 1 pt Win bet @ 14/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 18.15 Wolverhampton - Gone Hunting (5/1 Bet365 BOG) Absolutely horrendous race but I think this one has a great chance nevertheless. Has yet to really show his form since joining Jeff Pearce but everything looks in place for a big run this evening, with the drop back in trip looking a good move after his last two runs over 7f. Should see out this trip far better than his main market rival Angelo Poliziano and hard to see him not being involved provided he's ready to roll after an absence.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 17:15 Worc Nikola - Brennan and Twiston Davies have had a very good fortnight winning 5/8 today they have three and I'll opt for this selection. Going for the 2M where at this distance usually competes with class 1 and 2 this is a class3. Acts on going now down to a managable weight and a tickle in the market. 1pt win 3/1 ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 2.35 Ascot These classified stakes race tend to cause a few upsets but this looks extremely weak and most are questionable characters and same can be said for Rock N Roll Ransom for the Cumani team but he made a promise start to his racing career when winning a maiden in good style and then beating the well though of Rule Maker next time out in handicap hasnt gone on since then really but hasnt had much luck in runing last twice and he could still be improving and is one of the least exposed sort in this field and with Fallon riding out of his skin at the moment! 1pt win rock n roll ransom 11/4 sj

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 220 Worcester: Azulada Bay EW (16/1 Lads bog) In a rush so will be brief, this one has dropped 15lbs down the handicap despite being very consistant and today drops back to two miles, may be a bit sharp but the horse usually travels well in his races and the extra stamina could be useful in a trappy race of mediocre opponents. Tom Scu keeps the faith and at 16/1 is a value price.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept KENSINGTON OVAL 2.20 Worcester. 0.5 points each way. Not shown anything like that has been expected, but I like the fact the tongue tie goes on today. Tat could improve him quite a bit, and if it does then the long odds could look very long odds. The trip and ground's fine and gets in off a mark that suggests the handicapper thinks there's something much more in the locker, so well worth the chance.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept YER WOMAN 3.10 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Hannon and Hughes in good enough and looks a big price for today's race on this type of course. Could do with dropping another few pound in weight, but the current mark of 90 would give her chances of going close today. I'll take the 33/1 with Victor Chandler.

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 16:30 Haydock Once again I will be siding with Mr Tate's Leviathan as I really do believe there is a handicap in him before the season closes and I believe he has a strong chance of doing so today. Only three runs so far in 2010 and he has improved on every run so far and I fancy him to go one better than last time today. Was 2nd at Doncaster over 7 furlongs and I really thought he was going to win that day but the eventual winner stayed on held on well. Is raised 3lbs for that placed effort but he is still on the upgrade and is likely to progress once again having only had 8 runs to date. The step up in trip should be fine and could seek out extra improvement in him. Drops down in class today which should give him a better chance and the Soft ground shouldn't pose too much of a problem for him considering he has won and placed on Good To Soft ground conditions. If the gaps appear for him at the right times today then I have no doubts about him winning this race. Win Leviathan @ 4/1 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: BBOTD Friday 24th Sept 6.45 Wolv - Lovers Causeway - win at 6/1 BOG with Laddies Lightly raced Johnston 3 year old stayer stepping up in trip. Looks like one of those horses that's suited by polytrack, having won a couple at Lingfield then disappointed on turf Came back at Kempton last time and ran a good race to finish a close up fifth in a fast run race. Now just a couple of pounds above it's last winning mark and dropped a pound for the Kempton run