** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis - 16-22 August

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Another Masters 1000 event kicks off today and there are a couple of bets that I like today. The first is Alexander Dolgopolov, who I'm going to take on the +3.5 game handicap against David Ferrer. I think Dolgopolov proved last week how much talent he has. Getting to R16 of Toronto, beating Youzhny and taking Berdych very close shows that his talents aren't limited to clay. He gets plenty of aces on his serve, moves well and has weapons off either side, laden with spin, to cause opponents problems. He's never met Ferrer before so I don't know how their games will match up, but I think the Spaniard's best attributes are negated on a quicker surface. He's a great sparrer and capable of hitting outstanding shots but once off the clay, he's an average player in my eyes. His serve is weak - Dolgopolov will get plenty of chances on it - and although he'll hit everything back, he doesn't have the weapons on hard to truly punish players. His experience might be enough to see him through here but I think Dolgopolov is worth his handicap - at good odds of 2.08 I might add. I think the Ukrainian is going to prove a major player in years to come and is worth playing here. My second bet is on over 22.5 games in the match between Wawrinka and Almagro. This bet is mostly down to stats. They've met three times, all on a hard court, and each time it's gone the distance. Both men prefer clay but Wawrinka is probably the more comfortable on the hard court. Almagro was disappointing in Toronto and he's a guy I don't especially rate on a quicker surface. As always though, I do expect him to put up a fight here. Wawrinka can go missing in matches and that may just help the Spaniard get a foothold in this one. Almagro will also get cheapies off his serve - admittedly, Wawrinka can serve well and when he does he generally wins. If that's the case though, a breaker could definitely be in the offing. Previous matches on this surface have proven there's not much between these guys. I'm happy to side with the odds of 1.847 - short, but playable - that these two will serve up another close one. Selections - Alexandr Dolgopolov +3.5 games AH at 2.08 with Pinnacle (5/10) - Over 22.5 games between Nicolas Almagro and Stanislas Wawrinka at 1.847 with Pinnacle (5/10) :hope

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Rezai vs Kvitova OVER 21.5 games @ 1.877 (Pinnacle:5/10) Two inconsistent ball-bashers meeting here, sure to be problems on serve for both, a good few breaks, lots of winners and lots of errors. Would be surprised if either closed this out in straightforward 2 sets.Rezai has done better on clay but can play on hard aswell, bad loss last week to Jovanovski in 3 sets. Kvitova has been poor since Wimbledon really but I think this will cover the line. GL!

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August What can i say after yestreday.. I hate rain! Sharapova had match in her hands.. Served really well all match and then, after rain, her serve gone to nowhere.. Cljsters really doesn't deserve this. Fews bets from me today: WTA Montreal: Petkovic v Safina Both girls playing not really well at the moment. Safina was totally out of form couple of months. Lost 6 straight matches on clay. Now she's on hard and looks like she's finding some form now. Won against Bondarenko and Vinci and lost to Radwanska and Clijsters. Dinara likes to play on quick surfaces and Hard is her favourite. Petkovic is clay player and her game on clay doesn't look secure.I saw here couple weeks a go v Vesnina ans she looked awful. Lots of ups and downs, her serve is not good, makes a lot of unforced errors. I like to bet on EX. 1 rackets in the world so i'm happy to see the odds like this and go with Safina today. Pick: [email protected] at Pinnacle (5/10) ATP Cincy: Lopez V Dent If you like at the results, it's clear that Dent is in good form now but if you look at the opposers he met - they're not in the same league as Feliciano. Yesterday he had a good figt with Nieminen and i'm sure it will cost him today. He not the youngest and fittest guy in the world. Lopez fell of from Montreal in first round last and had a week to prepare for this tournament. I think he just can't afford to loose in the first round two weeks in a row. I'm don't think that it's gonna be a easy one for Lopez but odds are too big in my opinion. Pick: [email protected] at Pinnacle (5/10) Good luck for all. :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August [6/10] P.H. Mathieu - Hanescu, over 9.5 games on 1st set @ 1.62 (expekt) Interesting match between these two players with quite similar atributes based on strong service. H2H is 1-0 for Mathieu on hard @ AO 2008 (6-1/7-6/6-2), but that result is history, in these two years Victor climb and consolidate a position on first 40 players despite Paul Henry who was 12 in 2008, now is on downtrend on 95 position. Both players have problems breaking services, 2 from last 3 matches played by Hanescu on Toronto were over on 1st set 6-4 vs Polansky and 6-4 vs Raonic and i predict disputed set with max 1 break. :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August

Another Masters 1000 event kicks off today and there are a couple of bets that I like today. My second bet is on over 22.5 games in the match between Wawrinka and Almagro. This bet is mostly down to stats. They've met three times, all on a hard court, and each time it's gone the distance. Both men prefer clay but Wawrinka is probably the more comfortable on the hard court. Selections - Alexandr Dolgopolov +3.5 games AH at 2.08 with Pinnacle (5/10) - Over 22.5 games between Nicolas Almagro and Stanislas Wawrinka at 1.847 with Pinnacle (5/10) :hope
No you can't say it's only on hard, Wawrinka vs Almagro. In DC they played in Spain on clay ofcourse. Otherwise I also think Wawrinka is probably more comfortable on hard.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Stanislas Wawrinka vs Nicolas Almagro. Over 22.5 games. 1.83 @ Bet365 (6/10) This match has got over on cards. Wawrinka impressed me a lot against Nadal in Toronto last week and should have won the first set in that match. Almagro has been so poor lately that you never know what you'll get from him but on his day he should be good for a real match. They have played 4 times and none of the matches has finished in straight sets, so overs in all matches and that is exactly what I expect to get today as well. Wawrinka better player on paper and should win this thing but Almagro has got decent serve and that will help him make this match very close. Paul-Henri Mathieu > Victor Hanescu. 1.90 @ >Victor Chandler (5/10) I don't think that Hanescu could be trusted in this match-up and his current form is not great either. Reaching 3rd round in Toronto was not that big deal considering the draw he had there. He beat couple average local boys before being humiliated by Djokovic. Mathieu has been very poor, too but today will have a real chance of a victory. He surely will like to play the Romanian who basically is all about serve and his baseline game needs huge improvement. Can see Mathieu moving him around a lot and having most of the play in that department. Mathieu leads H2H 1-0 and has got comfortable win against Hanescu in Aussie open couple years ago and I have no second thoughts about backing him to win today. Alexandra Dulgheru -3AH vs Sybille Bammer. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (7/10) This is a bargain in my opinion. Despite the fact that Dulgheru has not got much of a success lately she will be lucky to see player like Bammer on the other side of the net today. The Austrian is well beyond her best and I don't think she will be able to handle Dulgheru today. They have played once before. Although that was indoors it wouldn't make that much difference on outdoors hard court match. Dulgheru destroyed Bammer 6-3, 6-1 in Linz last year and similar scoreline should be again today.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August VIRGINIE RAZZANO to beat Patty Schnyder at EVENS Paddy Power (6/10 strength) Happy to oppose Patty here. She lost to Benesova yesterday in the final qualifying round and gets here on lucky loser system. Razzano has been mediocre herself but she beat Christina Mchale recently and that looks a good scalp. She's also beaten Schnyder the last two times they've played on outdoor hard-courts. Close match but Razzano looks to be in the better form.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Jarmila Groth (#64) to beat Alona Bondarenko (#30) @1.56 local bookie (7/10) Jarmila Groth is back after Istanbul three weeks ago, where she made it to semi and lost with the eventual winner Pavlyushenkova. She went impressively through the qualification beating Ferguson, Spears and Date Krumm, all in 2 straight sets. Bondarenko did not made any great appearance lately. She lost in round 1 two weeks ago with Safina 16 67 and last week in round 2 with Bartoli 63 26 36. Based on their current form I can hardly imagine Groth to lose with Bondarenko.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Jarmila Groth -3AH vs Alona Bondarenko. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Groth clear favorite in this one. Hard is her favorite surface and she's got one massive serve and forehand can destroy you as well. Bondarenko can hit some balls as well but has done very little since her marriage and even lost to Safina couple weeks ago, which is humiliating these days. Groth win here without any doubts and handicap should be covered unless she loses one set by very big margin. Taylor Dent vs Feliciano Lopez. Over 23.5 games. 2.04 @ Pinnacle (7/10) This is a stone wall over for me. Both players strong on serve and not so good in return game. Lopez might struggle to deal with Dent's rushing to the net which made the Spaniard make a lot of rushed shots in their last meeting in US Open last year which was a 4-setter. One of two matches they played, the other one 5 years ago in Marseille and also was over (3 sets in best of 3 sets match). Expect to see a tie-break or two today and definitely over 23.5 games. Andrea Petkovic > Dinara Safina. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Happy to take Petkovic at these odds. Safina despite couple wins still is in a very bad shape and can't serve. That will let her down today big time. Again... Petkovic can compete with Safina in baseline exchanges and has got better serve at the moment it has to be said. Unless she will have butterflies, she will be ok for a win today. Safina not to be trusted for weeks and moths to come unless she reaches semifinal or wins a tournament.

Alexandra Dulgheru -3AH vs Sybille Bammer. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (7/10) This is a bargain in my opinion. Despite the fact that Dulgheru has not got much of a success lately she will be lucky to see player like Bammer on the other side of the net today. The Austrian is well beyond her best and I don't think she will be able to handle Dulgheru today. They have played once before. Although that was indoors it wouldn't make that much difference on outdoors hard court match. Dulgheru destroyed Bammer 6-3, 6-1 in Linz last year and similar scoreline should be again today.
Dulgheru getting spanked :spank

Dulgheru getting spanked :spank
Yeah. Once again get screwed by the Romanians. Have said this before that you can rarely trust them. Didn't think she will be this bad going down to 30 year old Bammer who plays part-time. That's Romanian tennis for you. Hanescu doing wonders as well. Should have won the match against Mathieu a long time ago but will lose, it seems. Good thing that I backed the Frenchman.

Troicki tb Stepanek @1,60 at pinnacle This odd is so crazy IMO... Viktor is in solid form , he beated Cilic last week in Toronto and in next round had hard, very close match with Kohly and lost it... Stepanek is so far from any form , Fognini crashed him few days ago with 3 breaks... Radek loves serve&volley style , but in this stadium he can't beat anyone... Viktor serves very well , fh is good... I'll take this one for high stake cause it looks like as biiiiig gift add Troicki -2,5 AH @1,80 pinna
7-5 6-1 eazy biiiig monney :clap

lopez definitely looser of the day. PATHETIC dent is like a piece of shit and still able to break him unbeliveble. He did 3 df in one ******* game he should be banned from the atp for this
Can't decide on who of the two Spaniards was worst today - FeLo or Mugro. Probably have to go with the first one. Incredible stupidity from both.

Can't decide on who of the two Spaniards was worst today - FeLo or Mugro. Probably have to go with the first one. Incredible stupidity from both.
Very strange that Lopez match. He just doesn't seem interested. Can never quite work Lopez out. Good call on Mathieu mate, although the Romanian threw it away. Wonder if PHM will pick up confidence now he's got a win under his belt. Talent's there, it's all mental with him.