** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 16-22 August

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August One early selection to start with in Cincinatti (or Cincy, as everyone loves to call it). - Victor Hanescu (vs Paul Henri Mathieu) at 2.00 with Stan James (3pts) Think the odds should be more in favour of Hanescu in this one. The Romanian had been having a pretty poor time of late after his Wimbledon debacle but I was heartened to see him get to R3 of Toronto, avoiding a couple of banana skins en route to being beaten by Djokovic. I think he's a man who has rediscovered his form and although his favoured surface is clay, he is capable on a quick court. He's got all the weapons: nice big consistent serve; decent forehand; good wingspan. He did lose his only meeting with Mathieu on a hard court but the Frenchman is not the player of old. He's too erratic in all departments of his game, especially his serve, and is well-known for being a choker - he was a set and a break up against Lu in Toronto last week but got tight at the critical moment (he double faulted on Lu's match point). He's only won a handful of games on Tour this year and most of them were in his mini-run at SW19. Hanescu looks in better shape for this one - happy to back him here. :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August I little bit late to write up here, but i have to say that i took Roger straight win 2.10 @ triobet! the final is a final and i believe that despite all Roger's critics that his time is old, he can come up at this final + his have more experience, so 2.10 should be taken + when it's on Fed! gl Roger, Rogers cup belonmgs to Roger :D :clap :hope Fed to beat Andy 2.10 @triobet! 5/10!

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Troicki(bt. Stepanek) x Gulbis(bt Young) Double @ 1.964 (Boyles:4/10) Have to oppose Stepanek again, still not at his best yet after a few troubles over the year....losses to Fognini and Chuidinelli in the last 2 tournaments show this.Troicki is OK good win over Cilic last week even though the latter was supposedly struggling, and lost a 3 setter to Kohli in the next round. Good chance for him here I think. Think Gulbis is at a level where I'd back him at a short price now. Looked bad a few weeks back but beating Bellucci and then his display vs Soderling shows he's improving. He was near perfect for almost 2 sets vs Soderling, solid on serve and hitting well....lost a crucial break and then the 3rd set too. Think he should dispose of Young in 2 sets. GL! Like the choice of underdog Atko.........:hope....have a few dogs on my list now and looking through them...possibly Hanescu, Berrer.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August

Federer does it again. Incredible moments of madness. Though' date=' he should have lost that set a bit earlier...[/quote'] He should of, rain delay now. I think this is only playing into Federers favour as he can regroup and work out Murrays strengths and weaknesses. I still expect Federer to win.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Troicki tb Stepanek @1,60 at pinnacle This odd is so crazy IMO... Viktor is in solid form , he beated Cilic last week in Toronto and in next round had hard, very close match with Kohly and lost it... Stepanek is so far from any form , Fognini crashed him few days ago with 3 breaks... Radek loves serve&volley style , but in this stadium he can't beat anyone... Viktor serves very well , fh is good... I'll take this one for high stake cause it looks like as biiiiig gift add Troicki -2,5 AH @1,80 pinna

Heavy raining in Cincy too. Both finals are stopped.
Don't care that much about Toronto. Cincy though should have been done hadn't Sharapova missed 3 matchpoints. Just waiting for her to finish the job, hopefully :hope

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Pathetic stuff from Sharapova. Should have been off the court with the title long time ago. Now will most definitely go on to lose the match. Had only she had brains. You can not hit every single shot with 100% power.

Ok' date=' she's done. Stupid Russian. I will never ever understand how on earth she didn't win today. Kim barely deserves this title as she was horrible through out the match but was gifted this win.[/quote'] I am absolutely gobsmacked. How the F*%$ did that happen. Its almost like she gave up. The double faults were ridiculous. :eek:eek:eek :gimme After that one~

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August WAWRINKA 2-1 - Sets Betting 3.95 centrebet Wawrinka plays better on hard and defeated Almagro in DC earlier this season. Almagro will get problems here. Could even be over in straight sets. Wawrinka is just to good for Almagro right now. TROICKI 2-0 - Sets Betting 2.37 centrebet Stepanek is not ready for a challenge like this. He is unfit. Could not win a game without problems last match. Lost to Fognini in straight sets and this is no easier task. LU 2-1 - Sets Betting 5.00 bet365 Hewitt is not exactly flying after Wimby but Lu is going strong. Also beat Hewitt on hard in Delray beach last season. Hewitt is complaining about injuries again to blame his last two first round loses to Lacko and Falla. LLODRA 2-0 - Sets Betting 3.00 centrebet Llodra going strong and is a better player then Benneteau.

WAWRINKA 2-1 - Sets Betting 3.95 centrebet Wawrinka plays better on hard and defeated Almagro in DC earlier this season. Almagro will get problems here. Could even be over in straight sets. Wawrinka is just to good for Almagro right now. TROICKI 2-0 - Sets Betting 2.37 centrebet Stepanek is not ready for a challenge like this. He is unfit. Could not win a game without problems last match. Lost to Fognini in straight sets and this is no easier task. LU 2-1 - Sets Betting 5.00 bet365 Hewitt is not exactly flying after Wimby but Lu is going strong. Also beat Hewitt on hard in Delray beach last season. Hewitt is complaining about injuries again to blame his last two first round loses to Lacko and Falla. LLODRA 2-0 - Sets Betting 3.00 centrebet Llodra going strong and is a better player then Benneteau.
My tips -Best Bets for Cincinnati Day 1 I agree Wawrinka will be too good - Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) v Nicolas Almagro (ESP) A tricky match to start the tournament. They have played twice on a hardcourt with one win apiece, but I will side with Wawrinka. The Swiss No. 2 has been travelling better in recent times whereas Almagro has looked patchy away from his beloved clay. It may go the distance, but look for Wawrinka to take this one out. BEST BET: Take Lopez to beat Dent. The American has qualified this week but Lopez has a clear class advantage and looks a good price. The conditions will be hot and quick, perfect for the Spaniard. SUGGESTED MULTI: De Bakker, Troicki, Querrey, Ferrer, Melzer, Roddick, Ginepri. A pick 7 to get you off to a good start to the week.

Re: Tennis - 16-22 August Groth to beat A.Bondarenko @ 8/11 (Bet365:6/10) I got this at 4/5 but feel it's just about worth taking at this price. Groth on fire recently. 4th round at the French and Wimbledon, should have reached the final in Istanbul but had a little choke against Pavyluchenkova in the semi after outplaying her for long spells and serving for the match. In Montreal she has qualified beating Spears, Ferguson and Date-Krumm all in 2 sets. Solid stats and she's looking good.Bondarenko a good player no doubt but her prep in recent months hasn't been great so willing to oppose her as I don't think she's in her best form. GL!