Tennis - 12-18 July

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July

Monfils is injured...oh noooo
Christ if he broke Andujar when he's injured, god knows what he'll do to him when fit ;) Cheers for the kind words on Chiudinelli. Always nice to teach the bookie (or the exchange, in this case for me) a lesson. Glad a few were onboard.

Christ if he broke Andujar when he's injured, god knows what he'll do to him when fit ;) Cheers for the kind words on Chiudinelli. Always nice to teach the bookie (or the exchange, in this case for me) a lesson. Glad a few were onboard.
Andujar is very very poor..but Gael fall down in first game...

Andujar is very very poor..but Gael fall down in first game...
Monfils always falls down. He loves a slide and a tumble. Hope it's nothing too serious though. He's his own worst enemy.

best of luck .. Monfils has extreme talent but sometimes he lacks interest i hope for your sake he demolishes Andujar like he should;)
Very temperamental player. Sometimes I wonder if he'd rather just entertain and have a laugh than win the tennis match. Reckon after the Davis Cup, he could be on the crest of a wave morale-wise and could push on from there. I'm not watching the match but Andujar is not in the same postcode when it comes to class with Monfils. Odds of 1.73 were too big, IMO, for something that I think might come up and that I reckon should be priced between 1.55 and 1.60. Here's hoping...

mate gl i hope you guys win i didnt bet this i would of gone andujar +4 watching monfils vs karol beck at wimbledon gave me nightmares' date=' guy finds every way possible to lose points he shouldnt:([/quote'] My bet is probably as much against Andujar as it is for Monfils to be honest. Contrast that Beck game with the Paris Masters performances he put in last year and it tells the whole story - a man with supreme talent, but a coach's nightmare. I'd be surprised if Monfils hasn't driven Roger Rasheed to drink the amount of times he's thrown away easy situations!

Monfils :spank. Unlucky Atko' date=' was watching it wishing he would take it to a tie break[/quote'] One of those things mate. Monfils just not playing well, my fault for putting faith in him.

Almagro -4 @ sportingbet $2 Really think Almagro is a class act loves the clay and should really perform well boasts a rlly nice 130win 78 loss on clay and has been in terrific form, Nieminem hasnt taking many scalps this year, form hasnt been anything special, although not watching the match dropping a set to Lindell is a real worry and i can see a 6-4 6-3 result quite easily
Sorry guys I myself bet under 21.5 cos ive been getting splits on Zverev +4 and Zeballos +4 that peed me of if anyone followed sorry for advising -4, still should of cleared that tho, it was a nice display

One early selection for me tomorrow... Stuttgart: Bjorn Phau vs Marco Chiudinelli Chiudinelli is priced at 2.31 with Betdaq for this one and I'm amazed at this price. I've been trying to think why the Swiss is so big but I can't fina a reasonable answer. This should be priced at 1.80 for Chiudinelli and 1.90 for Phau in my eyes. Neither man is a world beater, but Chiudinelli is the better player. Knocks around on the main Tour most weeks and beat a veritable clay courter in Victor Hanescu in the last round in straight sets, which is a good piece of form. He's got a decent serve and can play off both wings. Phau does most of his work on the Challenger circuit and isn't the player he once was. He's a guy I can't trust in any shape or form - throws in too many errors. He has the advantage of playing in Germany but even then, I can't make a case for him winning this one. Both men have losing records on clay but I see more scope for improvement in Chiudinelli's game. If he reproduces his form against Hanescu - he didn't lose serve once in that match - then I can't see him not winning. With the odds so big, I reccommend modest stakes, but I feel the market is incorrect here and that Chiudinelli can win this. - Marco Chiudinelli at 2.31 with Betdaq (3/10) :hope
Two more stand out for me today... Stuttgart: Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Florian Mayer I like the look of Mayer to cover a rather paltry -2 game AH handicap here at good odds of 1.909. The German is having a good year. He's spent much of his career plagued by injuries (and did retire from Wimbledon a few weeks back) but his 6-4 6-2 defeat of compatriot Philipp Kohlschreiber shows he means business. Garcia-Lopez plays quite a similar game to Kohlschreiber - spars from the back of the court and hits big top spin single-handed forehands. Like the German, however, he is capable of flaky service games and can be erratic with his shots. Mayer has got a huge serve - didn't lose it against Kohlschreiber - and is very comfortable in baseline rallies with deep groundstrokes off either wing. Home advantage will obviously help him here too. Garcia-Lopez's recent form on clay isn't brilliant - lost to Thiemo de Bakker at Roland Garros - and he seems to be playing his best stuff on quicker surfaces. He dropped a set to the one-dimensional Ivan Navarro in the previous round and I don't think he's at the top of his game. They've met once before and Mayer won 6-3 6-2, although it was a long time ago on a hard court in 2006. However, I still fancy Mayer to cover the handicap here. - Florian Mayer -2 games AH at 1.909 with Pinnacle (5/10) Stuttgart: Gael Monfils vs Pablo Andujar I'm going to take a chance on Monfils here and I like the 1.73 being offered on him to win in straight sets. The Frenchman is a confidence player and I expect him to be in high spirits after beating David Ferrer in the Davis Cup last week. When he's focused, Monfils is a very handy player, and he's got a gift of a R2 match here against Andujar. The Spaniard has come through the qualifiers and has played some decent stuff but Monfils is on a completely different level to him. The Frenchman is better in almost every department - it's just a case of whether he's mentally fine-tuned for this. I'm going to gamble that he is. I'm surprised the odds are so big for a straight-set win. He's a very reactive player and I suspect the high from France's Davis Cup win over, ironically, Spain will help him here. Handicap of -4.5 games was also a possibility but I can forsee maybe one tight set as this is Monfils' first match on clay for a while. Even still, there's a clear class divide here, and Monfils 2-0 is my pick here. - Gael Monfils to win 2-0 at 1.73 with Boylesports (5/10) I also had two selections from Bastad shortlisted but haven't fired on them yet. Tommy Robredo might have come into some form and the -3.5 game handicap could be generous on him to beat Andrey Golubev. The other one I was looking at was Ervin Eleskovic on the +2.5 game handicap to beat Franco Skugor. Both men came through the qualifiers although this is essentially a Challenger match. Would have the odds more even than they are but don't know enough about either man to fire. Any thoughts? :hope
Okay, going to bite in Bastad with smaller stakes... Bastad: Tommy Robredo vs Andrey Golubev I'm going to side with the Spaniard in this one. His recent travails have been well-documented but he finally got back on the winning trail in R1 with a straight-sets win over Michael Przynienzy and I expect much the same from him here. Golubev is not a clay court player, while Robredo is. The Kazakh prefers quicker surfaces and although he got a routine win over Maximo Gonzalez in the last round, Robredo should be a tougher opposition. The Spaniard has won this tournament before and perhaps the memories of that have sparked an upturn in fortunes. He served well against the Pole and hit better groundstrokes than in the previous two months. Golubev won't be able to hit through him on this slow surface and that will allow Robredo to dictate things. Slight risk involved considering Robredo's form but I'm willing to give it a crack here. - Tommy Robredo -3.5 games at 1.833 with Pinnacle (4/10) Bastad: Ervin Eleskovic vs Franco Skugor I admit to not knowing a huge amount about either player here but I do think the market is wrong to have Skugor a huge favourite. I suspect this has happened because he beat Denis Istomin in R1. Both men rattled through the qualifiers and both won their R1 match pretty easily. Eleskovic didn't lose serve once against Jerzy Janowicz and has the backing of the home crowd here. What pushes me towards Eleskovic on the plus is that the two men met a year ago in carpet Challenger event, with Eleskovic winning 7-5 7-6. Looking at the stats, Skugor is better on the clay that on a quick surface but I still feel that counts for something. This is essentially a Challenger match-up and with a QF berth at stake, I expect this to be nervy and close. It seems wise to back the home player on a plus here with small stakes. - Ervin Eleskovic +2.5 games AH at 1.99 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope
WIN WIN LOSS WIN LOSS Profitable day overall. Monfils was the big letdown, but at least that has proven to me that he's a player to avoid on handicaps or score bets. Eleskovic was battered, never stood a chance, but it was the smallest bet. Chiudinelli at nice odds was a personal favourite. Seems like a fairly successful day overall, well done to IAG on Schnyder and a very hard fought double in the end!

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Monfils shocked me, but he won it and this is great day!!Last match is Rezai but it is for fun.She must win against Marino :hope Great picks here today, Chiudanelli and Almagro and Robredo and Mayer :ok perfect work ATKO:clap I have some informations about Szavay and WTA tournament in Prague. And i have some feelings about Melzer, because his serve was very bad today. Great forum with best tennis picks :cheers Best of luck boys!!

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July One early pick again for me... Stuttgart: Gael Monfils vs Florian Mayer I think it's hard not to oppose Monfils here. The Frenchman made very hard work of Pablo Andujar, eventually winning in three tight sets, and he comes up against a much stronger opponent here in Mayer. The German has played really well thus far, taking out Philipp Kohlschreiber and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in straight sets. These two are both Top 50 players and Mayer has done well to see them off so emphatically. He's got a big serve, home crowd backing and hefty groundstrokes that can penetrate Monfils. This bet, however, is as much against Monfils as it is for Mayer. The Frenchman is out of form. He departed the French Open prematurely at the hands of Fabio Fognini and seems unable to snap out of his laissez-faire attitude. He is giving away too many cheap points, especially on serve, and will be punished by Mayer if he does the same here. They have met before and Monfils came out on top, but that was two years ago when Monfils seemed to be more in tune with his game. The price of 2.25 is too big for me on Mayer, a player in front of his home crowd who seems to have hit a bit of form. He appears to be in a better place than Monfils right now and I reckon he can take this. Would place a bigger stake on this but the odds are fairly big, and I don't see the need to hit it hard with these sort of odds. As an aside, I can't see the price of 2.25 lasting. - Florian Mayer at 2.25 with William Hill (4/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Jill Craybas to beat Julia Goerges. 2.80 @ Pinnacle. (10/10) Ridiculous odds. Totally lame. I mean how on earth can you make Goerges favorite against player like Craybas? I'm not having that, especially when the German girl is rated at odds under 1.5. Silly stuff by bookies and advantage should be taken on that. I have backed Craybas all week long and will continue to do so today as well. Goerges has just won a Challenger event but the fact is that she has beaten nobody players and in her two wins here has got past two Italian youngsters Caregaro and Dentoni whom most might not have heard about. Dentoni lead 4-1 in the first set and had multiple chances to break Goerges serve but didn't. The way I see this match go is that Goerges will play her all guns blazin' tennis just hitting balls and that will be it. Her serve is inconsistent and very experienced player like Craybas will know how to play against hitter like Goerges is. Wrong favorite by bookies for in this match. I'm going with Craybas who by the way has won their only H2H match which was earlier this year... Polona Hercog to beat Agnes Szavay. 2.25 @ Ladbrokes (7/10) Market is moving and rightly so. Szavay can lose this match and I think she will. First of all she is playing second straight week and this will be her 8th match in that period. Hercog was playing in Budapest last week as well but she was knocked out in the 3rd round and will be fresher and more hungrier for this match. Szavay has had her share of problems this week in Prague. First round win against poor player like Ungur was far from convincing - 6:4, 6:3. That was followed by match against the local player Benesova. Szavay won 6:1, 7:5 but it has to be said that Benesova was rubbish making tons of unforced errors and Szavay fell asleep in the 2nd set letting Benesova come back from 4-1 down and almost force a tie-break. Like I said Agi has had enough tennis and she might struggle to focus in today's encounter. Hercog on the other hand has had easy ride as she destroyed Malek in round 1 and then had a walkover vs Dulghery. Polona will be fresh and motivated what I'm afraid is not the case with Szavay. Hercog is not a good match-up for Szavay as the Slovenian girl can overpower her as she did in their sole H2H meeting in Acapulco. Szavay finished that match in retirement which might just happen again. So I advise to use bookies who don't void bets in case of retirements. GL! Jurgen Melzer to beat Albert Montanes. 1.62 @ Stan James. (10/10) Won't waste much time on this one. Melzer totally owns Montanes having beaten him 5 out of 6 times the only time Montanes won it was by retirement. Judging by their performances thus far in Stuttgart Melzer is obvious favorite to win this match. Montanes is well capable of making this match a contest though I don't think he will be able to escape a defeat. Melzer win surely for me! Pablo Cuevas +5 (Asian Handicap) against David Ferrer. 1.71 @ 5Dimes. (6/10) The price is not huge for this one but half game might be crucial as most bookies offer 4.5 games. Ferrer should be ok to win this match but with his style of play you never know. Cuevas has looked ok in this tournament and should be fine to avoid heavy crushing.

Great win for Schnyder today...I hope, that Robredo win this match, but Golubev has amazing serve to Robredo's poor backhand. And now... Kohlman/Melzer over Cerretani/Shamasdin 9,5/10 @ 1,26 x Lindsted/Tecau over Bednarek/Kowalczyk 9,5/10 @ 1,32 x Rezai over Duque Marino 10/10 @ 1,15 Why? Melzer has amazing serve and perfect net play. Kohlman is good partner. Who is Shamasdin i don't now. This is only light training for Melzer before tomorow's match. Lindsted won this tournament last year with Soda and they had impresive first round. Lindsted/Tecau played final in Wimbledon and they lost to Melzer/Petzschner. No doubts about this two matches for me. Rezai is in form, and Duque Marino is lucky that in first round had our Kucova. Duque lost "everything" before match against Kucova. Rezai must win 6:2 6:0. P.S. Gimeno-Traver won firs set ;)...what a fantastic match for us:ok GL ALL
WIN WIN WIN :nana But Melzer played like 15 years old :spank..i hope that Montanes is too strong for him. And Atko, Monfils has big problems with left knee plus Mayer was awesome today. no doubt, Mayer 7/10 for me here. But there is chance that Monfils will not play...see you morning all

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Damn bookies are smart, hoping for 2.5 on Mayer but he'll probably be 1.9 by the start. Not sure what to do with that match now. Hercog to beat Szavay @ 5/4 (Ladbrokes:3/10) One-ball bookie in case Szavay retires. She has played quite alot, winning in home tournament in Budapest last week......now in Prague she has beaten Ungur in 2 and struggling Benesova today, also playing doubles. Legs were strapped today though she looked OK to me, despite having a struggle in the second set which she won 7-5. She is strong on both wings and good serve, but occasionally gets passive and can make errors for spells. Hercog is very talented, tendency to throw away leads but the game is there.....good serve, strong forehand, can dropshot and moves OK.She beat Szavay earlier this year in Acapulco(where she lost final in 3 to Venus) 6-4 0-1 Szavay retired.Price seems about fair. I want the overs on this one too.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Good Morning WTA Prague Zahlavova over Larsson 8/10 @1,4 Pinnacle Larsson is happy that Lucy Safarova has problems in second round and she didn't play. In first round she won against Pliskova 6:4 6:4..Pliskova said that she played bad tennis with lot of unforced errors and if she plays better, this is her match. Larrson is not in good form, she lost easy matches before Prague. Zahlavova is better home player and she must win today. In second round she beat Pervak and this was very nice match.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Montanes over Melzer 6/10 @2,8 Bwin Ehm...i am going for this because Melzer is not in his best form. Yesterday, he made a lot of DF an UE. And 7:5 7:5 over poor Zverev is not very well too...on the other hand Montanes won with Petzschner and Chela. Both are better than Zverev and i think Petzschner is better than Melzer at the moment plus he is from Germany. For me is Montanes better clay court player with perfect dropshots and he is very good baseliner.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Three other selections for me today... Bastad: Robin Soderling vs Andreas Seppi I've got to favour a fairly routine Soderling win here. The Swede is a bad match up for Seppi. He's got all the tools to hit through the Italian, who doesn't possess a great deal of power. Seppi tends to beat players who spar with him and don't go for huge winners. Soderling will get plenty of cheap points on his serve and he'll get a look in on Seppi's serve, which is pretty weak. They've met twice before and Soderling has won each time in straight sets very comfortably, covering the under 20 game line, which is what I'm going to play here. it's priced at 1.877, which looks good enough for me. Soderling's got the armoury to blast through Seppi on home soil and I feel he will do so here as we get to the business end of the tournament. - Under 20 games AH at 1.877 with Pinnacle (5/10) Bastad: Tommy Robredo vs Fernando Verdasco I find it hard to see past Verdasco here. The H2H may be 4-4 but Verdasco has won the last two meetings. Robredo's last win over his counterpart came in 2006 and Verdasco has improved immensely since then. I think Verdasco sent out a signal of intent yesterday is hammering Stephane Robert 6-1 6-1. He's hurting after a poor Davis Cup and I expect him to go deep here. Robredo struggled against Andrey Golubev and was no doubt helped by the rain delay. He's still a player lacking in form and confidence to beat at Top 10 player on clay. He had problems on his backhand yesterday and Verdasco, being a lefty, will pepper that wing. Quite fancy taking a chance on the -4 game line here. Verdasco, although not in scintillating form himself, is playing at a higher level, and I'd expect him to prevail here fairly comfortably. - Fernando Verdasco -4 games AH at 2.02 with Pinnacle (5/10) Stuttgart: Albert Montanes vs Jurgen Melzer Got to agree totally here with Psycho on this one. Melzer's got a phenomenal record against Montanes. Leads the H2H 4-1 and that win for Montanes was was a retirement. Montanes looked a bit shaky in his match with Juan Ignacio Chela. Didn't hold his serve once in the second set and was broken in each of the others too. He's playing against a far superior player who is pretty confident on the clay right now, considering he made the semis of Roland Garros not so long ago. The big thing here though is Montanes' record against lefties - it's shocking for a player of his ranking at W12 L21. His backhand is sturdy enough but there's plenty of margin for error, and he likes throwing in a drop shot on it. Melzer is quick and will be able to pick it up. I think the outright odds are a bit skinny, so I'll play the -3 game handicap at a pretty generous price of 2.04 considering the H2H record. - Jurgen Melzer -3 games AH at 2.04 with Pinnacle (4/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Fernando Verdasco -4 (Asian Handicap) vs Tommy Robredo. 2.02. @ Pinnacle (10/10) Robredo is in huge mess at the moment. He was rubbish against Golubev yesterday and should have been out of the tournament but the rain break helped him a lot and Golubev couldn't pick himself up after that. Overall poor display by Roberdo who had a terrible second serve and his receiving game was all over the place. Verdasco impressive win against Robert and Nando will be able to take advantage of Robredo's problems. 4 games looks like a decent shout here. Don't think we will have more than one tie-break. Anabel Medina Garrigues to beat Lucie Hradecka. 1.68 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Impressive performance by Garrigues yesterday and she definitely can continue her decent form against player like Hradecka. The Czech woman is nothing special on clay and as always relies to much on her serve. The courts in Prague are pretty fast but that won't be enough for her. Despite the fact that she has had couple easy wins I don't think she has got a chance today against smarter opponent. Johanna Larsson +4.5 (Asian Handicap) vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. 1.72 @ Expekt. (7/10) From what I saw in Larsson's first match she was serving very well and overall game was decent as well. Of course she was helped a lot by Pliskova's unforced errors but nonetheless she still was a deserved winner in that match. Strycova has had her share of struggles and might find this match very tough. Don't think she should be rated as this sort of favorite, knowing that both players are just about the same level with Strycova having edge experience-wise. Other than that no big difference and to give her -4.5 games handicap is silly in my opinion.

Fernando Verdasco -4 (Asian Handicap) vs Tommy Robredo. 2.02. @ Pinnacle (10/10) Robredo is in huge mess at the moment. He was rubbish against Golubev yesterday and should have been out of the tournament but the rain break helped him a lot and Golubev couldn't pick himself up after that. Overall poor display by Roberdo who had a terrible second serve and his receiving game was all over the place. Verdasco impressive win against Robert and Nando will be able to take advantage of Robredo's problems. 4 games looks like a decent shout here. Don't think we will have more than one tie-break. Anabel Medina Garrigues to beat Lucie Hradecka. 1.68 @ Pinnacle (10/10) Impressive performance by Garrigues yesterday and she definitely can continue her decent form against player like Hradecka. The Czech woman is nothing special on clay and as always relies to much on her serve. The courts in Prague are pretty fast but that won't be enough for her. Despite the fact that she has had couple easy wins I don't think she has got a chance today against smarter opponent. Johanna Larsson +4.5 (Asian Handicap) vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. 1.72 @ Expekt. (7/10) From what I saw in Larsson's first match she was serving very well and overall game was decent as well. Of course she was helped a lot by Pliskova's unforced errors but nonetheless she still was a deserved winner in that match. Strycova has had her share of struggles and might find this match very tough. Don't think she should be rated as this sort of favorite, knowing that both players are just about the same level with Strycova having edge experience-wise. Other than that no big difference and to give her -4.5 games handicap is silly in my opinion.
Yesterday jans/rosolska-larsson/malek w/o (Larsson GI illnnes) Larsson is ill...Gastrointestinal (GI) illness is caused by a variety of different microbes and germs and causes a variety of symptoms, such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, fever and sometimes headaches, rash and paralysis Zahlavova-Larsson 1