** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 12-18 July

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Very interesting money line movements@bwin on Soda v Almagro. First it was 2,59 and line for Almagro began to rise and one moment it was 2,80 but then lines dropped from 2,80 to 2,60 and then to 2,50. A lot of people - a lot of opinions. : )

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July ATP Hamburg Q Phau over Gicquel 9/10 @1,65 doxxbet Phau had some good moments in Stuttgart. Gicquel had injury and he is playing bad tennis now. Yesterday he won in two tie-breaks and he was lucky. Phau is in better form , yesterday easy win against good claycourter Vicente, he is home player. I believe in easy win today for Bjorn Phau:ok

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (Lay) vs Agnes Szavay. 3.04 @ Betfair (10/10) The main thing here is the fact that Strycova is in to her final and most definitely will have this match very tough mentally. Saw her play against Swede Larsson and she could have easily lost that match and worrying sign for her is the fact that she is very weak mentally. Racquet was flying all the time. Szavay is much more experienced player and is in fantastic form as this is her second consecutive final. I guess the odds are so low on Strycova because she lost just two games to Schnyder yesterday but she really didn't have to do much in that match as Schnyder could barely find the court. All in all Szavay win today without any doubts. Albert Montanes to beat Gael Monfils. 2.00 @ William Hill (5/10) Have been opposing Monta all week long but won't do so today. Have to admit I underestimated him but he has show goods and can continue that against Monfils who still is the same old Monfils who doesn't play with his head. Montanes has won their only H2H meeting and on current form should be a favorite to walk away with trophy.Had a thought about having over but with Monfils you just never know he might just throw it away in two sets despite this match being a final. Nicolas Almagro to beat Robin Soderling. 2.63 @ Stan James. (4/10) Still not impressed by Soderling. He was totally outplayed by Ferrer in the first set yesterday but managed to come after David traditionally lost his cool after one poor game. Soderling was struggling on first serve at times and Almagro definitely is well capable in giving him a beating. The Spaniard is in superb form this week and the fact that he beat Soda in their last meeting will give him lots of confidence. I'm backing Almagro to win this one.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Soderling to beat Almagro, better server, better returner and overall better player. Also won this competition before. Almagro hasn't really played any 'hard' player, Robredo only beat Verdasco the other day because Verdasco was rubbish-Soderling is saving his form for his final match (save the best to last). Can't see Almagro taking much, expect Soderling to break Almagro straight away and then Almagro falling to pieces in the 2nd. :ok

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Monfils impresses me the way he gets to the ball, a real athlete never stops chasing. I'd probably have Monfils to win over Montanes, only just though. I'll probably wait for in play for that, depending on when Soderling finishes (which I think he'll wrap it up before that game starts))

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July WTA Palermo Final Pennetta-Kanepi sets in the match=3 @2,5 stake 2/10 betway It's a difficult preview. Pennetta is the favourite and didn't lose any set in this tournament while Kanepi is playing very well. I think Pennetta can win but not so easily, if there will be a surprise (Kanepi) I don't think she is going to win 2-0 Let's try this with a small stake...:hope Bye

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Soderling lost 1st set, still very confident he will win. @6/4 (1 set down) just done a big big bet. Still looks the better player, I have every confidence in Soderling. He's being more agressive than Almagro, still can't see Almagro winning even at 1 set up.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July

Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (Lay) vs Agnes Szavay. 3.04 @ Betfair (10/10) The main thing here is the fact that Strycova is in to her final and most definitely will have this match very tough mentally. Saw her play against Swede Larsson and she could have easily lost that match and worrying sign for her is the fact that she is very weak mentally. Racquet was flying all the time. Szavay is much more experienced player and is in fantastic form as this is her second consecutive final. I guess the odds are so low on Strycova because she lost just two games to Schnyder yesterday but she really didn't have to do much in that match as Schnyder could barely find the court. All in all Szavay win today without any doubts. Albert Montanes to beat Gael Monfils. 2.00 @ William Hill (5/10) Have been opposing Monta all week long but won't do so today. Have to admit I underestimated him but he has show goods and can continue that against Monfils who still is the same old Monfils who doesn't play with his head. Montanes has won their only H2H meeting and on current form should be a favorite to walk away with trophy.Had a thought about having over but with Monfils you just never know he might just throw it away in two sets despite this match being a final. Nicolas Almagro to beat Robin Soderling. 2.63 @ Stan James. (4/10) Still not impressed by Soderling. He was totally outplayed by Ferrer in the first set yesterday but managed to come after David traditionally lost his cool after one poor game. Soderling was struggling on first serve at times and Almagro definitely is well capable in giving him a beating. The Spaniard is in superb form this week and the fact that he beat Soda in their last meeting will give him lots of confidence. I'm backing Almagro to win this one.
Followed you on Almagro, and picked a live bet on Szavay @ 1.83 when she was coming back :beer Went for the over for Montanes-Monfils. Glad you added strength to your picks, too.

Robin Soderling v Nicolas Almagro The final day in Bastad and i see some value on spaniard. Soderling was really poor in all tournament. He gave a set to all oponents. Soda played bad in first round where he faced Vinciguerra(who's he?) and lost a set to this "average" player. Then terrible game with Seppi where italian served twice for the set, but Soderlings experience helped him a lot in those critical moments. Ferrer won first set against swed, but the spaniard took a medical time-out (his foot finger looked really bad) and everything changed in Soda's way. Almagro looks very confident in this tournament. His way to the final was not so hard. He is real clay player. Played two times more on this surface than Soda. Has big big serve. The heat is high in Sweden these days so it can be another plus for Almagro because he's spaniard. H2H 2-1 for Nicolas on clay with win two months a go. I see almost the same chance for both guys but spaniard has his advantages. MY PICK: Almagro to beat Soderling at 2,59@bwin (6/10)
WON. Soda looked better in first two sets but in third he had no chance. Poor tournament for him and congratulations for spaniard.

Early antepost selections from me... Bastad: Outright There's actually quite a decent field heading to Bastad on paper but I can't see past the winner of last year's event and the top seed: Robin Soderling. He's in the weaker half of the draw and the other top player is David Ferrer. I feel Soderling would have the edge on Ferrer on home soil - he'll be able to hit through the Spaniard's defences, and he also leads the H2H 6-2. His route to the final would probably read Vinciguerra, Starace and Ferrer, which would be a decent warm-up to face either Nicolas Almagro or Fernando Verdasco, who look the likely contenders from the bottom half. I reckon Almagro poses the biggest threat - he's fresh, does well on clay and beat Verdasco recently at Roland Garros. I'd be happy to make a play on him each way too at decent odds of 6.00. Soderling's price is appropriately short at 2.50 but he's proven on this surface and won't fear anyone in the draw. Hard to see past the defending champion. Selections: - Robin Soderling to win Bastad at 2.50 with Stan James (5/10) - Nicolas Almagro to win Bastad each way at 6.00 with Stan James (2/10) One bet again for me today... Stuttgart: Gael Monfils vs Albert Montanes This is a really tasty looking final. Two very different players come together in what should be a close match. Monfils has impressed me with his grit this week. He's been taken to three sets in every match this tournament but pulled through. Montanes looked very shaky in the opening rounds but seems to have peaked at the right time, beating two guys in Jurgen Melzer and Juan Carlos Ferrero that he'd had awful records against. I can't see anything but a really close match between these two. They met way back in 2005 on clay and Montanes won in three but that meeting counts for little now. Even still, they'll both fight tooth and nail for this title. Monfils has yet to taste a tournament victory this year and he'll be buoyed up for it. I can see at least one close set here and quite probably three, so I'm very surprised to see the overs line priced at 22.5 with unibet. Monfils should dominate on serve while Montanes may have the edge in rallies. I'd perhaps make Montanes very slight favourite but I can't really separate these guys. Line looks too low for me so I'm happy to play it. - Over 22.5 games at 1.80 with unibet (5/10) :hope
LOSS - Soderling walked a tightrope throughout the tournament. Just desserts. WIN - Phenomenal stuff from Almagro at a great price. Delighted with that. VOID - Monfils retires. Feel for the guys on Montanes, as he was going to win that one. Saved my bet though. Good week from all here. Bring on the next.

ATP Bastad Soderling vs Almagro over 22,5 8/10 @1,84 Betfair Soda's first serve was huge in second and third set..0 BP for Ferrer in these sets. I think that today it will be the same. Almagro played very good match with Robredo, huge serve too and this match should be without a lot of break points. Two players with big first serve, over for me. Almagro is in better form now, but Soderling is home player. i hope that it will be very close match today in Bastad. I agree with Atko. Over on Monfils vs Montanes is good bet. I am happy, because tomorrow we have here tournament in Hamburg and new tournament in USA (hard is back :ok). GL ALL Fograglan too :cow
ATP Hamburg Q Phau over Gicquel 9/10 @1,65 doxxbet Phau had some good moments in Stuttgart. Gicquel had injury and he is playing bad tennis now. Yesterday he won in two tie-breaks and he was lucky. Phau is in better form , yesterday easy win against good claycourter Vicente, he is home player. I believe in easy win today for Bjorn Phau:ok
WIN:ok WIN:notworthy After horrible yesterday, tody is all back :dude Very nice shot on Almagro boys. All in all, very nice week:beer Bye bye Stuttgar, Prague, Bastad, Palermo...and welcome Hamburg,Atlanta,Bad Gastein and Portoroz!

WIN:ok WIN:notworthy After horrible yesterday, tody is all back :dude Very nice shot on Almagro boys. All in all, very nice week:beer Bye bye Stuttgar, Prague, Bastad, Palermo...and welcome Hamburg,Atlanta,Bad Gastein and Portoroz!
Good stuff best :ok
this is my first post at this site but have been quitly watching for a while now.great tipping overall.am very impressed with certain indeviduals thus far.keep it up :)
:welcome to PL pro.