Tennis - 12-18 July

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July

Montanes over Melzer 6/10 @2,8 Bwin Ehm...i am going for this because Melzer is not in his best form. Yesterday, he made a lot of DF an UE. And 7:5 7:5 over poor Zverev is not very well too...on the other hand Montanes won with Petzschner and Chela. Both are better than Zverev and i think Petzschner is better than Melzer at the moment plus he is from Germany. For me is Montanes better clay court player with perfect dropshots and he is very good baseliner.
:clap Got to take my hat off to you mate. I thought Melzer would take care of Montanes going on their previous matches. Paid the price for thinking that :eyes Good shout.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap Got to take my hat off to you mate. I thought Melzer would take care of Montanes going on their previous matches. Paid the price for thinking that :eyes Good shout.
Easy match today for Montanes..Statistics are statistics.head to head 5:1 for Melzer.but, current form is better for Montanes. GL with other picks today boys. Now, Verdasco c moooon :clap

Easy match today for Montanes..Statistics are statistics.head to head 5:1 for Melzer.but' date=' current form is better for Montanes. GL with other picks today boys. Now, Verdasco c moooon :clap[/quote'] Followed you with this pick, montanes is a class player on clay and nice price too. Well done.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Verdasco is playing awful, some of his shots are basic and he's hitting them out. Robredo currently 4/7, i'm going to take that price as I cannot see a comeback whatsoever from Verdasco. Also can't see Verdasco breaking Robredo for a break, because when that happens he gets broke back anyway. Choker.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Jees just seen the results, great shout on Montanes. Verdasco though , stayed away from the betting today as I woke up too late, making the most of time off school. GL to all that bet today though, profitable day all round lets hope :hope

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Well with the day i'm having which is awful, i'm going to take Greul to beat Ferrero, why? I have no idea, Greul looked good the other day against Simon. Ferrero isn't unbeatable and sometimes leaves certain places on the court free, Greul can hopefully take advantage of it. @12/5 it's a gamble worth taking, in a topsy turvey day so far. Ferrero's career is slowly coming to an end as his form digresses.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Verdaso..pooooooor Verdasco...uff...how can Psycho take -4 Verdasco with 10/10???Melzer 10/10 too???10/10 means 10/10!!!Full stakes...i dont understand psycho..and Medina 10/10??are you kitting me??please use real stakes!

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July @ best3r - tend to agree with you on the 10/10 chat. Can't for the life of me understand how someone can go full pelt on most of their bets. I thought Verdasco would've won today though, but 5/10 is a loss I can take. @ Aarun - chasing can sometimes be a damaging tactic. Best thing to do is accept the loss. You win and you lose in this game. The difference is often creating more losses by chasing the ones already created.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July that's very true @atko when I tend to chase, it's weird how it goes from 2 losses to 4 to 8. And they're all 50/50 chances, so an example if its 4 losses in a row you've managed to pick 100% losses at 50% chance... It's because the brain doesn't think properly and goes into shut down mode, whereas when you're hitting winners you have a clear head and the winners stand out on paper. Hopefully Greul can beat Ferrero... :hope I am confident.

or maybe not' date=' very very frustrating day.[/quote'] but Soda 10/10 no???:lol Soda is in tom 10???his play was joke..backahnd??hahaha fuuu...what a day today..i dont understand..but Soda won, Montanes won, Zahlavova won..and i have 10/10 Pennetta :dude but handicaps...frustration I hpe better day tomorrow..and now i am on Mayer..he must..GL

What a game in bastad! Soderling just beat Seppi after three sets and a tie break. Two servings for the set for italian but swed was incredible at critical moments.
incredible????no no no!! every critical point was Seppi's error..in next round Ferrer over Soderling...preview later :ok

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July WTA Palermo Pennetta over Llagostera 10/10 @1,17 William Hill This match because i want 10/10 match. For me it is mean that I put on Flavia very big amount. And I know why. Pennetta loves play in Palermo.She won here last year and she is playing perfect in Palermo. Flavia said after win against Woerle : "It was really hot today, so I'm happy I was able to win quickly. Playing in Palermo is fantastic for me for a lot of reasons. In particular the supporters have always been fantastic to me." She won 6:0 6:3 against Voracova. Flavia won her seventh match in a row in Palermo under the lights and today she must win against LLagostera. Head to head is 4:0 for Pennetta. Match start is at 20:30 under the lights and this should be very tricky for Llagostera. Llagostera lost last week to Parra and today will against Flavia Pennetta. I play only win, without handicap, because it is 10/10. GL

One early pick again for me... Stuttgart: Gael Monfils vs Florian Mayer I think it's hard not to oppose Monfils here. The Frenchman made very hard work of Pablo Andujar, eventually winning in three tight sets, and he comes up against a much stronger opponent here in Mayer. The German has played really well thus far, taking out Philipp Kohlschreiber and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in straight sets. These two are both Top 50 players and Mayer has done well to see them off so emphatically. He's got a big serve, home crowd backing and hefty groundstrokes that can penetrate Monfils. This bet, however, is as much against Monfils as it is for Mayer. The Frenchman is out of form. He departed the French Open prematurely at the hands of Fabio Fognini and seems unable to snap out of his laissez-faire attitude. He is giving away too many cheap points, especially on serve, and will be punished by Mayer if he does the same here. They have met before and Monfils came out on top, but that was two years ago when Monfils seemed to be more in tune with his game. The price of 2.25 is too big for me on Mayer, a player in front of his home crowd who seems to have hit a bit of form. He appears to be in a better place than Monfils right now and I reckon he can take this. Would place a bigger stake on this but the odds are fairly big, and I don't see the need to hit it hard with these sort of odds. As an aside, I can't see the price of 2.25 lasting. - Florian Mayer at 2.25 with William Hill (4/10) :hope
Three other selections for me today... Bastad: Robin Soderling vs Andreas Seppi I've got to favour a fairly routine Soderling win here. The Swede is a bad match up for Seppi. He's got all the tools to hit through the Italian, who doesn't possess a great deal of power. Seppi tends to beat players who spar with him and don't go for huge winners. Soderling will get plenty of cheap points on his serve and he'll get a look in on Seppi's serve, which is pretty weak. They've met twice before and Soderling has won each time in straight sets very comfortably, covering the under 20 game line, which is what I'm going to play here. it's priced at 1.877, which looks good enough for me. Soderling's got the armoury to blast through Seppi on home soil and I feel he will do so here as we get to the business end of the tournament. - Under 20 games AH at 1.877 with Pinnacle (5/10) Bastad: Tommy Robredo vs Fernando Verdasco I find it hard to see past Verdasco here. The H2H may be 4-4 but Verdasco has won the last two meetings. Robredo's last win over his counterpart came in 2006 and Verdasco has improved immensely since then. I think Verdasco sent out a signal of intent yesterday is hammering Stephane Robert 6-1 6-1. He's hurting after a poor Davis Cup and I expect him to go deep here. Robredo struggled against Andrey Golubev and was no doubt helped by the rain delay. He's still a player lacking in form and confidence to beat at Top 10 player on clay. He had problems on his backhand yesterday and Verdasco, being a lefty, will pepper that wing. Quite fancy taking a chance on the -4 game line here. Verdasco, although not in scintillating form himself, is playing at a higher level, and I'd expect him to prevail here fairly comfortably. - Fernando Verdasco -4 games AH at 2.02 with Pinnacle (5/10) Stuttgart: Albert Montanes vs Jurgen Melzer Got to agree totally here with Psycho on this one. Melzer's got a phenomenal record against Montanes. Leads the H2H 4-1 and that win for Montanes was was a retirement. Montanes looked a bit shaky in his match with Juan Ignacio Chela. Didn't hold his serve once in the second set and was broken in each of the others too. He's playing against a far superior player who is pretty confident on the clay right now, considering he made the semis of Roland Garros not so long ago. The big thing here though is Montanes' record against lefties - it's shocking for a player of his ranking at W12 L21. His backhand is sturdy enough but there's plenty of margin for error, and he likes throwing in a drop shot on it. Melzer is quick and will be able to pick it up. I think the outright odds are a bit skinny, so I'll play the -3 game handicap at a pretty generous price of 2.04 considering the H2H record. - Jurgen Melzer -3 games AH at 2.04 with Pinnacle (4/10) :hope
LOSS - Mayer toiled after the first set and Monfils hit the gas. LOSS - Can't believe Seppi choked. Killed my bet though. LOSS - Verdasco was terrible. LOSS - Montanes was superb. Fair play to those who backed him. Nightmare day, but they happen. Sorry to all that followed. Hopefully tomorrow will throw up some winners. Congrats to all who had winners today, it was a tough one betting-wise.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Match Szavay...........LOSS.....too good today this girl. Almagro 11/10 vs Robredo............does this seem right?? One played well today, the other didn't......still not enough to make Robredo in region of 1.6-1.7 IMO. Anyone watch Robredo vs Verdasco, I missed this??

Match Szavay...........LOSS.....too good today this girl. Almagro 11/10 vs Robredo............does this seem right?? One played well today, the other didn't......still not enough to make Robredo in region of 1.6-1.7 IMO. Anyone watch Robredo vs Verdasco, I missed this??
Robredo played well but Verdasco was like a blind man going clay pigeon shooting, he missed everything. Seems too big on face value but haven't researched it yet.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July I took it mate.....11/10 @ Paddy Power....small stake though as I didn't think too much about it. Almagro might want to help his buddy out here, dunno. He could play passive crap, no motivation and just get out of Bastad. Ignoring stuff like this........ Almagro better player, better serve, more power. Almagro leads h2h 1-0 winning a 3 setter on clay a few years back. Almagro having a good year on clay, Robredo horrible. Golubev kick serve was killing Robredo out wide though he couldn't keep it up, Almagro should get similar pop and win some free points that way. I think if Almagro is up for this, he wins. He might play like Verdasco today, but 11/10 looks too big. Edit: price dropped aswell. Wasn't my stake which caused the drop though, only a few quid from me.:eek

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July WOW just come home and seen the results. Shocker for most looks like, glad I stuck to just playing tennis rather than putting some money on it. Soderling in 3, Verdasco losing, even the one I was going to lump lots on Mayer didn't beat Monfils after the 1-0 up, shocker :(

I took it mate.....11/10 @ Paddy Power....small stake though as I didn't think too much about it. Almagro might want to help his buddy out here, dunno. He could play passive crap, no motivation and just get out of Bastad. Ignoring stuff like this........ Almagro better player, better serve, more power. Almagro leads h2h 1-0 winning a 3 setter on clay a few years back. Almagro having a good year on clay, Robredo horrible. Golubev kick serve was killing Robredo out wide though he couldn't keep it up, Almagro should get similar pop and win some free points that way. I think if Almagro is up for this, he wins. He might play like Verdasco today, but 11/10 looks too big. Edit: price dropped aswell. Wasn't my stake which caused the drop though, only a few quid from me.:eek
Definitely worth a thought. I think overs could be a reasonable bet here too but need to see what the line has in store tomorrow. Robredo's got history at this tournament and dealt with the clutch moments well today, although Verdasco barely tested him. Almagro will be a sterner work out, and Robredo, despite this week's travails, has been woeful this year. Do agree with you in principal but will have a further ponder, I've got Almagro to win the tournament EW so vested interest. However, when I went through the draw I must've reckoned he could beat Robredo...

I took it mate.....11/10 @ Paddy Power....small stake though as I didn't think too much about it. Almagro might want to help his buddy out here, dunno. He could play passive crap, no motivation and just get out of Bastad. Ignoring stuff like this........ Almagro better player, better serve, more power. Almagro leads h2h 1-0 winning a 3 setter on clay a few years back. Almagro having a good year on clay, Robredo horrible. Golubev kick serve was killing Robredo out wide though he couldn't keep it up, Almagro should get similar pop and win some free points that way. I think if Almagro is up for this, he wins. He might play like Verdasco today, but 11/10 looks too big. Edit: price dropped aswell. Wasn't my stake which caused the drop though, only a few quid from me.:eek
ou ou ou..i am with robredo tomorrow..but over e.g. 22,5 is nice...

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July I've had a wee think about the Robredo-Almagro match and I can't find enough reasons to back either man. I'll look for the overs line tomorrow but fear it could be as high as 23.5 games. Almagro should not be priced at 2.10 but at the same time, I'm wary of Robredo's history in Bastad and the fact that he could have rediscovered some form. The odds are too big on Almagro and with a gun to my head, I'd probably plump for him, but I think it's a tough betting proposition. It'd be a brave move, IMO, to back either man at this stage.