** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 12-18 July

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July

Any reason why?
Zeballos has broke back. But my reason would be Ferrerro is the most experienced player here and actually looks the strongest, he doesn't look worried but as the game goes on he looks more confident. Also Zeballos' 1st serve is is under %70 Good luck though if anyone has Zeballos, just can't see it. If I end up being wrong, i'll change my user name to I am a plonker.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeballos has broke back. But my reason would be Ferrerro is the most experienced player here and actually looks the strongest, he doesn't look worried but as the game goes on he looks more confident. Also Zeballos' 1st serve is is under %70 Good luck though if anyone has Zeballos, just can't see it. If I end up being wrong, i'll change my user name to I am a plonker.
Wouldn't go that far mate :tongue2 We're all entitled to our opinions. I'm getting the impression Ferrero's slowly coming to an end. He strikes me as a player with little fight left. He's achieved everything he can, and with so many players now more powerful and fitter than him, he's being left behind a little. For artistry though, he's a joy to watch. As for this match, time will tell. I have slight doubts about Zeballos when it comes to the crunch. This is a big match for his career.

When you throw your racquet, and yell at yourself that is a sign you are becoming more confident?? Ferrero is Serving 70% 1st to Zeballos 50% but Zeb killing him

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July I'd guess it would be 1 of the 1st games on? So between 10am-12pm. I'll be jumping all over Ferrarros price tomorrow, this is something Zeballos didn't need, however Ferrarro did, expect a different guy tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Great day for me today...:cheers First thursday's pick is from Rimini : Gremelmayr over Clar Rosselo 9/10 Gremelmayr won last week tournament in Scheveningen and his play is much better now. He was without form for long time, but he is finally back! In first round Denis def. Ilhan 6:2 6:3 and Ilhan is better player than Clar Rosselo. Clar def. in first round Galvani in 2 sets (6:4 7:6), but he was very lucky (tie-break 12:10). And Galvani had 15 break points!!!!, but he played bad game + Clar lost 1:6, 2:6 to Riba Pere last week. Gremelmayr will play in Poznan next week, he is without qualification's problems and he is 100 % ready for this match. Clear match for me. GL ALL :clap

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July One early selection for me tomorrow... Stuttgart: Bjorn Phau vs Marco Chiudinelli Chiudinelli is priced at 2.31 with Betdaq for this one and I'm amazed at this price. I've been trying to think why the Swiss is so big but I can't fina a reasonable answer. This should be priced at 1.80 for Chiudinelli and 1.90 for Phau in my eyes. Neither man is a world beater, but Chiudinelli is the better player. Knocks around on the main Tour most weeks and beat a veritable clay courter in Victor Hanescu in the last round in straight sets, which is a good piece of form. He's got a decent serve and can play off both wings. Phau does most of his work on the Challenger circuit and isn't the player he once was. He's a guy I can't trust in any shape or form - throws in too many errors. He has the advantage of playing in Germany but even then, I can't make a case for him winning this one. Both men have losing records on clay but I see more scope for improvement in Chiudinelli's game. If he reproduces his form against Hanescu - he didn't lose serve once in that match - then I can't see him not winning. With the odds so big, I reccommend modest stakes, but I feel the market is incorrect here and that Chiudinelli can win this. - Marco Chiudinelli at 2.31 with Betdaq (3/10) :hope

One early selection for me tomorrow... Stuttgart: Bjorn Phau vs Marco Chiudinelli Chiudinelli is priced at 2.31 with Betdaq for this one and I'm amazed at this price. I've been trying to think why the Swiss is so big but I can't fina a reasonable answer. This should be priced at 1.80 for Chiudinelli and 1.90 for Phau in my eyes. Neither man is a world beater, but Chiudinelli is the better player. Knocks around on the main Tour most weeks and beat a veritable clay courter in Victor Hanescu in the last round in straight sets, which is a good piece of form. He's got a decent serve and can play off both wings. Phau does most of his work on the Challenger circuit and isn't the player he once was. He's a guy I can't trust in any shape or form - throws in too many errors. He has the advantage of playing in Germany but even then, I can't make a case for him winning this one. Both men have losing records on clay but I see more scope for improvement in Chiudinelli's game. If he reproduces his form against Hanescu - he didn't lose serve once in that match - then I can't see him not winning. With the odds so big, I reccommend modest stakes, but I feel the market is incorrect here and that Chiudinelli can win this. - Marco Chiudinelli at 2.31 with Betdaq (3/10) :hope
May follow you with this one mate

That's a cruel one on all you guys who have cash on this. Is the light really that bad?
Ligh wasnt that bad mate they could of got the match finished but Ferrero was begging the umpire to get of, they brought a supervisor out. he said no and then he did it a 2nd time, he wasted 15 mins whinging should be game over zeballos was all over him :sad

May follow you with this one mate
+1 :hope anyone looking at taking Almagro v Nieminen? Nieminen +4 games looks to be okay @1.85 (sportingbet), I'm unsure on either players form lately though, Nieminen leads 1-0 on Clay courts. Would appreciate some advise as I'm unsure of both players form.

+1 :hope anyone looking at taking Almagro v Nieminen? Nieminen +4 games looks to be okay @1.85 (sportingbet), I'm unsure on either players form lately though, Nieminen leads 1-0 on Clay courts. Would appreciate some advise as I'm unsure of both players form.
Almagro's not played since Wimbledon, where he lost in the first round to Andreas Seppi. Had a wee injury, however, and never does well on grass anyway. Back on the clay I'd expect him to be to strong, made the QFs of the French and when his game is firing on all cylinders, he's a very difficult player to beat. Nieminen needed three sets to beat Christian Lindell in R1 and hasn't looked great - however, he's a tricky customer and won't be fazed by Almagro. Considering it's Almagro's first game on this surface for a while I wouldn't put you off the +4 game handicap, but I'd still expect the Spaniard to win and wouldn't be touching the match as a betting proposition myself.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Gimeno-Traver +4,5 over Davydenko 5/10 @ 1,9 (SBOBET) I think, this is very good handicap. It should be 7:5 6:4 for Davydenko, but Davydenko is out of form today. He lost to Nalbandian and had problems with very poor Schwank this weekend in Davis Cup. I have over 21,5 games in this match too, and Gimeno-Traver winner of course @ 5.00 (StanJames). Hcp +4,5 is very good chance to make some money, because Gimeno played very well in first round against Chardy. Chardy loves this tournament in Stuttgart, but Gimeno-Traver is in form nowdays. He played some good matches in July. Davydenko's last match on clay was 7.11.2009 and today i believe... Davydenko is Davydenko :spank GL

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Anabel Medina Garrigues vs Catalina Castano. Over 19.5 games. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Garrigues is not the same player she was a year ago. I don't trust her one bit and despite her easy win in round 1 she doesn't deserve to be rated as such a huge favorite, especially against experienced player on clay surface. H2H is massively in favor of the Spanish player but the fact is that all matches have been quite close and couple of those had 3 sets. The least number of games in their matches has been 20. I reckon 19.5 games is a bit short in this one. Kaia Kanepi vs Iona-Raluca Olaru. Over 19.5 games. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Both players good on clay it the word good is one to be used describing Olaru. The Romanian girl has been rubbish for almost a year and not sure she will ever come back. She's up against big hitting Estonian Kanepi who has been struggling of late and playing pretty tough matches. I can see Olaru getting at least one good set out of Kanepi and therefore get this match past 19.5 games. The only time they played there were 3 sets and with Kanepi's current inconsistent form and lots of struggling I expect Olaru being able to run with her for a while.

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Two more stand out for me today... Stuttgart: Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Florian Mayer I like the look of Mayer to cover a rather paltry -2 game AH handicap here at good odds of 1.909. The German is having a good year. He's spent much of his career plagued by injuries (and did retire from Wimbledon a few weeks back) but his 6-4 6-2 defeat of compatriot Philipp Kohlschreiber shows he means business. Garcia-Lopez plays quite a similar game to Kohlschreiber - spars from the back of the court and hits big top spin single-handed forehands. Like the German, however, he is capable of flaky service games and can be erratic with his shots. Mayer has got a huge serve - didn't lose it against Kohlschreiber - and is very comfortable in baseline rallies with deep groundstrokes off either wing. Home advantage will obviously help him here too. Garcia-Lopez's recent form on clay isn't brilliant - lost to Thiemo de Bakker at Roland Garros - and he seems to be playing his best stuff on quicker surfaces. He dropped a set to the one-dimensional Ivan Navarro in the previous round and I don't think he's at the top of his game. They've met once before and Mayer won 6-3 6-2, although it was a long time ago on a hard court in 2006. However, I still fancy Mayer to cover the handicap here. - Florian Mayer -2 games AH at 1.909 with Pinnacle (5/10) Stuttgart: Gael Monfils vs Pablo Andujar I'm going to take a chance on Monfils here and I like the 1.73 being offered on him to win in straight sets. The Frenchman is a confidence player and I expect him to be in high spirits after beating David Ferrer in the Davis Cup last week. When he's focused, Monfils is a very handy player, and he's got a gift of a R2 match here against Andujar. The Spaniard has come through the qualifiers and has played some decent stuff but Monfils is on a completely different level to him. The Frenchman is better in almost every department - it's just a case of whether he's mentally fine-tuned for this. I'm going to gamble that he is. I'm surprised the odds are so big for a straight-set win. He's a very reactive player and I suspect the high from France's Davis Cup win over, ironically, Spain will help him here. Handicap of -4.5 games was also a possibility but I can forsee maybe one tight set as this is Monfils' first match on clay for a while. Even still, there's a clear class divide here, and Monfils 2-0 is my pick here. - Gael Monfils to win 2-0 at 1.73 with Boylesports (5/10) I also had two selections from Bastad shortlisted but haven't fired on them yet. Tommy Robredo might have come into some form and the -3.5 game handicap could be generous on him to beat Andrey Golubev. The other one I was looking at was Ervin Eleskovic on the +2.5 game handicap to beat Franco Skugor. Both men came through the qualifiers although this is essentially a Challenger match. Would have the odds more even than they are but don't know enough about either man to fire. Any thoughts? :hope

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Okay, going to bite in Bastad with smaller stakes... Bastad: Tommy Robredo vs Andrey Golubev I'm going to side with the Spaniard in this one. His recent travails have been well-documented but he finally got back on the winning trail in R1 with a straight-sets win over Michael Przynienzy and I expect much the same from him here. Golubev is not a clay court player, while Robredo is. The Kazakh prefers quicker surfaces and although he got a routine win over Maximo Gonzalez in the last round, Robredo should be a tougher opposition. The Spaniard has won this tournament before and perhaps the memories of that have sparked an upturn in fortunes. He served well against the Pole and hit better groundstrokes than in the previous two months. Golubev won't be able to hit through him on this slow surface and that will allow Robredo to dictate things. Slight risk involved considering Robredo's form but I'm willing to give it a crack here. - Tommy Robredo -3.5 games at 1.833 with Pinnacle (4/10) Bastad: Ervin Eleskovic vs Franco Skugor I admit to not knowing a huge amount about either player here but I do think the market is wrong to have Skugor a huge favourite. I suspect this has happened because he beat Denis Istomin in R1. Both men rattled through the qualifiers and both won their R1 match pretty easily. Eleskovic didn't lose serve once against Jerzy Janowicz and has the backing of the home crowd here. What pushes me towards Eleskovic on the plus is that the two men met a year ago in carpet Challenger event, with Eleskovic winning 7-5 7-6. Looking at the stats, Skugor is better on the clay that on a quick surface but I still feel that counts for something. This is essentially a Challenger match-up and with a QF berth at stake, I expect this to be nervy and close. It seems wise to back the home player on a plus here with small stakes. - Ervin Eleskovic +2.5 games AH at 1.99 with Pinnacle (3/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Gimeno Traver +4.5games sportingbet @ $1.80 5/10 Traver is solid without being terrific, but one think in his favour he looked at home on the clay in his first round match up and although playing lots on Challenger Tour, this is a surface where he actually feels at home. Davydenko is playing very erratic atm, and doesnt boast the same form he did when beating Traver 6-2 6-2 in their only meeting Davydenko has being playing Grass where didnt look impressive and then Indoor hard where losing to Nalbandian in straights and now over to clay, i really think its hard to adjust immediately and although i expect him to progress i dont think it will be with ease. Golubev @ $3.00 sportingbet 4/10 Golubev was really solid in his last match against Gonzalez served really well, and was definitely too strong for gonzalez in what could be seen as a bit of an upset. Robredo also won in straights but watching the match i dont remember him missing a 1st serve, i dont think that will happen today, he definitely is at home on the clay but some of the matches ive seen lately havent beenn that impressive and i feel golubev is definitely in with a shot!

Re: Tennis - 12-18 July Robredo x Monfils Double @ 3/4 (Boyles:5/10) Dangerous backing Robredo but think it's a good chance to go further against Golubev.Beat Przysiezny in the last round.....Pole has a pretty good serve so Golubev shouldn't be as difiicult to handle on serve. Robredo better and more consistent from the back of the court, loves Bastad aswell so good chance for the win. Can't see Andujar doing much against Monfils either, struggled past Knittel in last round. Monfils is a mug and coming off DC win so motivation questionable I guess but clear difference in class, if he's here to play should win.

One early selection for me tomorrow... Stuttgart: Bjorn Phau vs Marco Chiudinelli Chiudinelli is priced at 2.31 with Betdaq for this one and I'm amazed at this price. I've been trying to think why the Swiss is so big but I can't fina a reasonable answer. This should be priced at 1.80 for Chiudinelli and 1.90 for Phau in my eyes. Neither man is a world beater, but Chiudinelli is the better player. Knocks around on the main Tour most weeks and beat a veritable clay courter in Victor Hanescu in the last round in straight sets, which is a good piece of form. He's got a decent serve and can play off both wings. Phau does most of his work on the Challenger circuit and isn't the player he once was. He's a guy I can't trust in any shape or form - throws in too many errors. He has the advantage of playing in Germany but even then, I can't make a case for him winning this one. Both men have losing records on clay but I see more scope for improvement in Chiudinelli's game. If he reproduces his form against Hanescu - he didn't lose serve once in that match - then I can't see him not winning. With the odds so big, I reccommend modest stakes, but I feel the market is incorrect here and that Chiudinelli can win this. - Marco Chiudinelli at 2.31 with Betdaq (3/10) :hope
Chiudinelli into 2.12 now. Strange betting patterns in this match. Still think that's too big on the Swiss.