Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Massive odds on Granollers +2.5 sets @ 2.6 (Unibet).. Worth a bet? Granolers beat Söderling in 5 sets recently in the Aussie open, while Söderling beat him 3-1 at Wimbledon last year (a tight match as well, 4-6 7-6 6-4 7-5). Interestingly, the over/under line is at a less impressive 31.5 with the overs priced at 1.78.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I'm just going to go with a little accumalator today as I have my last exam and want to focus on that, but after today, will do proper bets :lol A Beck, T Bellucci, F Fognini, A Murray all to win @ 6.23- Ladbrokes Relatively small stakes here but feel all 4 can do a job. Murray will of course win, but didn't want to take the handicap on him so just through him into the equation. Beck plays Benneteau who I dislike as a player so stay away from betting for him as he let me down in Roland Garros, but I just feel he isn't the same player as he was a few years back and always seems to drag his matches out, so its rather hit and miss with him, but with Beck's confident performance in round one, think he can take this one. Fognini, again isn't the best player in the world but did beat Verdasco in the 5th last round so will hopefully have some confidence. Russell is aging, 32 now so think the youth could come into play here, as it looks like hot conditions today, Fognini to edge this one. Finally gone for Bellucci, pretty good player, but a fair way away from breaking into the top 10. Got some experience of the big grand slam tournaments which should help him today, and I fully expect him to punish Fischer early on and show his class. Some may expect a close one here, not personally, 3-0 or 3-1 to Bellucci GL all :ok

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Lukas Lacko to beat Jeremy Chardy. 1.90 @ VCbet

Straight forward win for Lacko on paper. Chardy had an unexpected easy win in round one against Traver but I'm still not convinced he is back on the right track. The Frenchman has been very poor for a very long time and one win doesn't mean he should be counted as capable of winning. They have played twice before with Lacko winning both matches, on in a retirement. Significant sign is that all the sets have been close with 2 ending in tie-breaks and other one in 7-5 win for the Slovak player. Not ruling out 4-setter and over 40 games or whatever is offered but still think that the safest way to go about this match is to take Lacko win. Better serving on grass is very important and Lacko certainly does possess decent serve which can also be said about Chardy though with his lack of confidence I wouldn't bet on him.

Julien Benneteau to beat Andreas Beck. 1.83 @ VCBet

Benneteau should have been focusing on doubles already. He saved couple matchpoints in round 1 against Vliegen and definitely is lucky to still be in the competition. This match could be close and I think it will be more than 3 sets in this one but not sure they will be able to cover over ~ 40 games what is offered. Benneteu looks a bit sharper and with Beck's inconsistent serving the Frenchman should be able to take most of his opportunities. I'm going with Benneteau win.

Oleksandr Dolgopolov +5.5 (AH) against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. 1.81 @ Pinnacle

Upset on cards in this match. Tsonga has never been great on grass but Dolgopolov seems to be playing amazing stuff on every surface. He has got a bit weird style of serving but it works and is uncomfortable for majority of his opponents. The way I see this match going is that there might be couple tie-breaks and not so many breaks. Not sure Tsonga can win in straight sets or even win at all. Over is another good option but I reckon Dolgopolov will be able to avoid big defeat and will cover this handicap. 5.5 games looks pretty ok to me!

Andreas Seppi vs Tobias Kamke. Over 39.5 games. 1.87 @ 5Dimes

Potential epic 5-setter between two guys who normally should not even be in the 2nd round of a Grand Slam. Seppi benefiting from injured Almagro whilst Kamke escaped from a defeat against Garcia Lopez. No idea how he managed to get a win in that match but he won. There is no way this match will end in 3 sets because none of these two is consistent enough to get a convincing win and it will be slug fest. The only time they met it was 4 sets and Seppi won. He was in better shape back then which can not be said about his current form. Anyway over 39.5 games it is for me.

Gilles Simon -3.5 (AH) against Ilya Marchenko. 1.87 @ 5Dimes

This one looks very good. Simon is finally back on track. Though it remains to be seen what he actually can do against better players. He certainly was unable to anything against Llodra in Eastbourne last week. Marchenko is not in Llodra's category and will present Simon with very good chance to win today. The Ukranian's results have not been great lately and with Simon's good all-round game it will be tough for Marchenko to avoid defeat. I think -3.5 games is good thing to take over 3 sets.

Jarkko Nieminen +7.5 (AH) against Andy Murray. 1.83 @ Skybet

Murray will find Nieminen very uncomfortable to play against. Jarkko is a lefty and has been a struggle for Murray in the past and both of their matches have been very close. Murray was a break down in the first set against Jan Hajek in round 1 and should have perhaps lost that set but recovered after what Hajek threw in the towel and let Murray do what he wants. Nieminem won't be like that and will be able to make this match very close, possibly even taking a set from the Scott. I was thinking about having a shot at over 33.5 games but decided not to, because it could not work in case of 6-4 6-4 6-4 scenario which will be under but still will be good to cover 7.5 games handicap. GL!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Alberta Brianti +6.5 (AH) against Agnieszka Radwanska. 1.83 @ Sportingbet

I think this one half game be huge here if Radwanska wins 6-3, 6-3. Agnieszka a clear favorite and will definitely win this match but Im not sure she is in that good form to be rated as such a huge favorite, especially after some struggles against out of form Melinda Czink in round 1. Brianti surprised me with a win over Craybas and I do believe that she will be able to cover this handicap. I certainly wouldn't bet on Radwanska to win by 6 games.

Jie Zheng to beat Petra Kvitova. 1.73 @ Betfair

Zheng is former semifinalist here and should be able to win this match. Not sure she will be able to do the trick in two sets as she most of the time prefers to play 3 sets and wore her opponents down but nevertheless she should be in the 3rd round. Nothing more to say here. Kvitova maybe could be able to make it a decent contest but still will come up a bit short.

Ioana-Raluca Olaru vs Maria Sharapova. Under 17.5 games. 1.70 @ Gamebookers

Olaru did nice job for me in the first round ant that will be it for her in Wimbledon singles tournament. She had something like 15 break points against her and Alize Cornet took only few of those. Sharapova will be all over the Romanian girl. Heavy defeat in prospect. Im not sure -7.5 games will work but it definitely should. Under 17.5 games looks a bit better than -7.5 if this match will not go beyond 3 sets of course which I don't think will happen.

Alexandra Dulgheru -4.5 (AH) against Romina Oprandi. 1.75 @ Expekt

Oprandi won her first match ever in Grand Slams on Tuesday but it has to be said that she was very lucky because Heather Watson couldn't close out the match having had break in the final set. Besides Oprandi is having leg injury which won't help the situation. Dulgheru has destroyed her 6-1, 6-1 the only time they played each other and another heavy defeat is in prospect again today. Oprandi won her first match ever in Grand Slams on Tuesday but it has to be said that she was very lucky because Heather Watson couldn't close out the match having had break in the final set. Besides Oprandi is having leg injury which won't help the situation. Dulgheru has destroyed her 6-1, 6-1 the only time they played each other and another heavy defeat is in prospect again today.

Bojana Jovanovski vs Victoria Azarenka. Over 18 games. 1.83 @ Sportingbet

Saw a bit of Azarenka in the first round. She was ok but not mighty impressive. Lucic made tons of errors and could have get more out of that match which was won 6-3, 6-3 by Azarenka. Jovanovski looks good here @ Wimbledon and especially on grass and will have an advantage of having decent serve. That will help her to get some cheap points on her serve. Besides Azarenka is not fully fit and won't go all guns blazin in this match. I think over 18 games is achievable target!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Is it me or is Bellucci a big price at 4/6? The young Brazilian has really come onto the scene this year, reaching the last 16 of French Open, and although he hasnt quite got the ability yet to challenge those in the top 30ish, his opponent today, Fischer, is no-where near his class. Fischer was a qualifier here, and although he beat his previous opponent quite convincingly, he's never beaten anyone ranked in the top 100. Bellucci should win this quite comfortably imo and the 4/6 on offer generally, looks quite good.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Gilles Simon v Illya Marchenko Simon seems to have really struggled this year due to various injuries and not much playing time. A good player when on his game but seems to really be struggling at the moment. In his first match he beat 235th seed Alcaide, but his 1st serve percentage was down to 58% and although I didnt see the match, the stats suggest he was quite lucky to win in 3 sets. His opponent is the young Ukranian Marchenko. Currently rated 75th, this is his first time at Wimbledon. He's prepared well, playing at both Queens and Eastbourne, and although dissapointing at Queens, Eastbourne was more impressive, beating Seppi and Zeballos. He was playing well against 44th ranked Michael Berrer in the first round before Berrer had to retire when two sets down. He was serving at 70% 1st serves and hit 37 winners over those two sets, Simon only managed 38 over the 3 sets he played. So my fancy is with the young Ukranian in this one at decent odds. Marchneko @ 17/10 - 5pts (VCbet)

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Event Roberta Vinci vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Selection Roberta Vinci
Strength 10/10
Date 24/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning Vinci underrated for this one. She had a very nice win in round one against Bammer. Pavlyuchenkova also had an easy win against Benesova but the Czech player is no good on any surface other than clay. Vinci has beaten Anastasia only time they met on grass nad it was last year here @ Wimbledon. Not having the Russian as a favorite in this match. Vinci is going to win!

Event Klara Zakopalova vs Aravane Rezai
Selection Aravane Rezai -4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.98 (Back)
Reasoning I remember having -4 games on Rezai against Zakopalova earlier this year in Madrid and it just about worked out. Rezai though should have won more convincingly but made a mess on her own serve at times. Today's match will be all the same and the fact that Zakopalova is very vulnerable behind her 2nd serve will be decisive factor as Rezai is devastating from every position on the court.

Event Serena Williams vs Anna Chakvetadze
Selection Over 17
Strength 10/10
Date 24/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.89 (Back)
Reasoning Chakvetadze is underestimated here. Anna is very good on grass and has made 4th round here some years ago. Serena had an easy opening round match against De Brito but the Portuguese girl managed to get 16 games out of Serena and Chakvetadze is well capable of getting even more. Surely 17 games is a bit short and I can see Chakvetadze having a bit of a match here. Won't be one way traffic. P.S. Another good option is +7.5 games handicap on Chakvetadze. Offered 1.72 @ Bet365.

Gilles Simon v Illya Marchenko Simon seems to have really struggled this year due to various injuries and not much playing time. A good player when on his game but seems to really be struggling at the moment. In his first match he beat 235th seed Alcaide, but his 1st serve percentage was down to 58% and although I didnt see the match, the stats suggest he was quite lucky to win in 3 sets. His opponent is the young Ukranian Marchenko. Currently rated 75th, this is his first time at Wimbledon. He's prepared well, playing at both Queens and Eastbourne, and although dissapointing at Queens, Eastbourne was more impressive, beating Seppi and Zeballos. He was playing well against 44th ranked Michael Berrer in the first round before Berrer had to retire when two sets down. He was serving at 70% 1st serves and hit 37 winners over those two sets, Simon only managed 38 over the 3 sets he played. So my fancy is with the young Ukranian in this one at decent odds. Marchneko @ 17/10 - 5pts (VCbet)
Marchenko pulls out with an injury :eyes

Event Robin Soderling vs Marcel Granollers
Selection Over 31.5
Strength 10/10
Date 24/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning This is a joke! Soderling surely has got all that is needed to beat Granollers but it won't be easy. Granollers did beat him in 5 sets in Australian Open. Ok, Soda was out of form at the time but nevertheless it still took Granollers some effort to get a win. They played @ Wimbledon last year and Soderling won in 4 sets. I can see Granollers taking a set off Soderling but wouldn't bet on that. Though total games line is way too short for me. I can see lots of serving and less shorter rallies, possible a tie-break or two. Over then it is for me!

Event Xavier Malisse vs Julian Reister
Selection Julian Reister +5.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 24/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Reister has come of age finally. Saw bits of him in French Open and he really good on serve which is of course huge advantage on grass. Malisse should have lost to Ferrero in previous round and is a bit tired after playing many matches in Den Bosch last week and it took him 5 sets to get 2nd round here. I think Reister is well capable of getting a win here or at least covering this handicap!

I'm just going to go with a little accumalator today as I have my last exam and want to focus on that, but after today, will do proper bets :lol A Beck, T Bellucci, F Fognini, A Murray all to win @ 6.23- Ladbrokes Relatively small stakes here but feel all 4 can do a job. Murray will of course win, but didn't want to take the handicap on him so just through him into the equation. Beck plays Benneteau who I dislike as a player so stay away from betting for him as he let me down in Roland Garros, but I just feel he isn't the same player as he was a few years back and always seems to drag his matches out, so its rather hit and miss with him, but with Beck's confident performance in round one, think he can take this one. Fognini, again isn't the best player in the world but did beat Verdasco in the 5th last round so will hopefully have some confidence. Russell is aging, 32 now so think the youth could come into play here, as it looks like hot conditions today, Fognini to edge this one. Finally gone for Bellucci, pretty good player, but a fair way away from breaking into the top 10. Got some experience of the big grand slam tournaments which should help him today, and I fully expect him to punish Fischer early on and show his class. Some may expect a close one here, not personally, 3-0 or 3-1 to Bellucci GL all :ok
Yet again grandpa benneteau lets me down with a bet, cheers julien

i have been studying all day and have finally come up with a few bets that i am happy with!! i dont have time to explain them now but i will explain them tomorro! i am only posting them now because i have a feeling the prices might change by tomorro! 1) barrois-kulikova double at 4-5 with skybet 3 points! WIN....BIG BET 2)lucie hradecka to beat lepchenko at 8-13 skybet 2 points LOSS 3)nara to beat ducque marino 8-15 bet365 3 points WIN....BIG BET 4)jarrko niemenen to beat stefan koubek at 4-7 skybet 2 points WIN 5)david ferrer to beat kiefer at 4-7 titanbet WIN 6)petkovic to beat chakvetadze at 8-13 skybet 2 points LOSS 7)alexandra wozniak to beat danillidou 8-11 skybet 1 point WIN 8)makarova to beat szavay at 8-13 wbx2 points WIN 9)john isner to beat mahut 8-11 skybetWIN 10)rodionova to beat keothavong at 4-6 wbx 3 pointsWIN 11)wawrinka to beat istomin at 4-7 skybet 2 points LOSS i will give reasons tomorro....just dont have time now!!
8 wins...3 losses!

Isner to beat Mahut @ 4/6 (Stan James: 8/10) Radwanksa vs Brianti UNDER 19.5 games @8/11 (Paddy Power:5/10 Ferrer x Rezai double @ 8/11 (Skybet:5/10)
win win loss Also took Bellucci earlier, not a tip though as I know little about Fischer. So happy Isner came through, had a big bet on that one and suffered for it. Nadal gonna play a 5-setter with Haase..........:eek

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Can not understand odds above 2,50 on Pironkova for tomorrow. Girl looks to be in life form, her big serve works great, won over 70% pt on first serve in both previous matches here (60 76 vs Lapuschenkova and 63 64 vs Dushevina) totally dominating the games. Her opponent Regina Kulikova is yet to lose a set here as well beating South and Shvedova but she's less experienced on the surf than Bulgarian. Expected to see Pironkova at around 1,70 but this price is insane and offers great value imo. High stakes on Bulgarian for me :hope Pironkova @ 2,62 bet365 (8/10)

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon icon1.gif Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGooner viewpost.gif Ferrer x Rezai double @ 8/11 (Skybet:5/10) Can't see Ferrer losing to Serra on grass, even though it's probably Ferrer's weakest surface...still a competitive player and had a good win over Kiefer in rd 1. Serra is just a decent player...can have purple patches where he's playing good tennis but don't see him having enough to beat Ferrer...too many weaknesses and not a good enough serve.Ferrer in 4 max I'd say. Rezai to beat Zakapolova.....Rezai is a superb player, very aggressive which can cause her to be inconsistent but she's a fighter aswell so I'll side with her here. She's having a great year aswell. Struggled somewhat against Rybarikova in rd 1......but I'd rate Zakapolova's serve as weaker than Rybarikovas...more chances to break for Rezai and should be able to attack her second serve. GL!
Agree entirely on Ferrer mate, waiting to see the handicap prices on this one. Leads the H2H 2-0 and despite what everyone says, he's got a decent record on grass. Serra, IIRC, has never made it past R2 here. _________ GOOD SHOUT GUYS I HAD 5000 ON FERRER myself got $1.27 with a bookie and was really happy to pull the trigger, guy is a class act

- Lukas Lacko at 1.82 with Canbet (5/10) :@ - Under 40.5 games between Martin Fischer and Thomaz Bellucci at 1.926 with Pinnacle (5/10) :@ - Julien Benneteau at 1.75 with Boylesports (5/10) :ok - Lukasz Kubot +5 games AH at 2.06 with Pinnacle (3/10) :ok
2/4 but a day of small losses due to the weighting I put on each bet. C'est la vie. Good calls from IAG and smeg today, wish I'd just taken Bellucci on the nose now!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Nice calls fellas. Early one for tomorrow. Henin vs Petrova OVER 20.5 GAMES @ 5/6 (Paddy Power:7/10) Back with reasoning later but feeling confident on this one. Price is dropping already too. Adding........... Berdych x Hewitt x Roddick treble @ 5/6 (bet365:3/10) Edit:Berdych instead of Mayer.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Early call on Thiemo de Bakker to beat Jonathan Isner @ 1.46 Unibet I think I don't have to say anything about the performance of Jonathan Isner. Knowing that this performance have costed some effort (this is an understatement ;)) + the fact that the media fall over him after the match, makes me think it is impossible to win against a young tenniser who's in his shape of his life. Thiemo de Bakker is somebody who's knocking on the door of professional tennis, however grass isn't his specialty. He's got a good serve and dares to take some risks. Unfortunatly he has to play a lot against somebody who comes really far in the tournament (defeated by Alamgro on RG and defeated by Hewitt in Hale) we don't see him in a late stadium of a tournament, but therefore he isn't unexperienced against a top 50 player! So Thiemo to win! :)

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I actually like the look of Isner on the handicaps. With PaddyPower you can get Isner +3.5 @ 4/5 which looks massive. Isner will very rarely lose his serve (as Mahut painfully found out), so he should be extremely difficult to beat by Bakker, even if he has just played that epic match. De Bakker also played a long match himself remember, finishing 16-14, so he wont exactly be freddy fresh legs either. Looks a solid bet to me. What do people think of Melzer v Lopez? Both have had quite decent seasons and Lopez looked strong at Queens beating Nadal, but Melzer was strong at RG and was decent here last year. Should be a good match-up that one, Lopez may be of slight value.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Regarding the Isner v De Bakker game....i heard an interview with Isner on radio 5 live where he stated he had 2 very narly blisters on his little toes where he actually has no skin and are very sore...after playing the equalivent of say 5 matches over 3 days and considering De Bakker has had 2 days rest i will be putting my money on De Bakker

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Away for the whole weekend for the horses so no bets from me for the next few days. From a quick look at the prices I quite liked Hanescu at 1.885 to beat Brands but done next to no research so couldn't say for sure. Good luck for the rest of the week chaps :ok

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon LAY J.Isner to beat T. De Bakker @ 2.50 Betfair Isner had to come through a marathon match and I think tiredness could set in for him in this match, especially if it goes all the way again. De Bakker himself faced a long match which went to five sets 16-14 in the last but his had alot more rest than Isner and I think this could play a huge part.

LAY J.Isner to beat T. De Bakker @ 2.50 Betfair Isner had to come through a marathon match and I think tiredness could set in for him in this match, especially if it goes all the way again. De Bakker himself faced a long match which went to five sets 16-14 in the last but his had alot more rest than Isner and I think this could play a huge part.
Isner v de Bakker - back Isner @ 2.25 PP I'm going the other way on this one; for one reason. I'm basing it on the 'your body aching more after 48 hrs than 24hrs following strenuous exercise' theory. I don't think more rest always equates to a better mindset. Isner will be tired, but he arguably has the performance edge over de Bakker and will be carried by some adrenaline... gl all! :)

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon From yesterday......

Henin vs Petrova OVER 20.5 games @ 5/6 (Paddy Power:7/10)

Henin owns Petrova in h2h, even though most matches were played up to 2007. Since her return they've played twice this year in Australia Open Henin won 7-6 7-5 and in Brisbane Henin won 7-5 7-5. Petrova is still a choker at times but she has reached the 1/4's of the 2 slams this year and taken big scalps like Venus,Serena and Clijsters.Henin has beaten Sevastova(took 19 games) and Barrois so far(21 games) so I see no reason why Petrova can't push her here.She will need to serve well as Henin can punish weak serves on return, saying that Henin's serve is patchy enough and attackable. I see a tight 2 setter or 3 sets here hopefully covering this line.

Youzhny vs Mathieu OVER 3.5 sets @ 4/5 (Bet365:3/10)

Don't really trust Mathieu, hence the small stakes but think it will be tough for Youzhny to win this in 3 sets. H2h reads 5-1 to Youzhny but only 1 match was a straight sets win. Youzhny lost to Kiefer a few weeks back and also struggled against Sela in rd 1 where it could have went to 5 if Sela had a better serve.Mathieu has been trying to improve results since returning from injury earlier this year.......results not so great but played an exhibition in Liverpool prior to Wimbledon which he won albeit against a really weak field....and beat Gicquel in rd 1 here. Talent is there but very inconsistent......I can see him playing well for a part of the match however.....Youzhny should win but I think it could be 4 or 5 sets here.

Roddick x Berdych x Hewitt @ 5/6 (Bet365:3/10)

Roddick in 4 sets max for me here. Kohschreiber is class when he’s on and can trouble the big boys when it’s least expected on the big stage(beat Roddick and Djokovic in slams, and pushed Fed and Nadal). Big advantage for Roddick is in the serve…..Llodra had the serve to hang with Roddick but Kohli doesn’t have this weapon. On the ground he’ll outplay him for spells I think but overall the consistency and serve of Roddick should prevail.

Berdych is on fire and should have too much for Istomin who has shown great improvements but the solid play of Schuettler nearly beat him in 5 in the last round. Berdy has a much bigger serve and groundstrokes than Schuettler and he’s on top form in recent months…end of the road for Istomin I think.

Hewitt/Monfils I’m a bit concerned about but still side with Hewitt. Should be a tricky match as Hewitt doesn’t have a big serve and Monfils can run, but he does play a lot of brainless tennis and his shots can break down too. Hewitt looks to be in better form and is a bigger fighter so I’ll go with him here.

Lopez/Melzer OVER 9.5 games in 1st set @ 8/15 (Paddy Power:1/10)

Just a small stakes punt here as I see a long tough match in this one. Two guys who can serve big and I think we might see a couple of tie-breaks. Couldn’t call a winner in this one though.

GL!