** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Sport Tennis
Event Stanislas Wawrinka vs. Denis Istomin
Selection Wawrinka (-2.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Well, from the class point of view Stanislas Wawrinka is just clear the better player than Denis Istomin, but Istomin's good results recently together with Wawrinka's at no one game played on grass have created this so small line handicap. I remember very well Wimbledon form the last year when Wawrinka didn't played at least one game before too and did impressed a lot. Last year Wawrinka has won Lugano (on clay) in his country and after that did impressed a lot on grass, well this year is exactly the same story as Wawrinka has won again Lugano, his last tournament and he is looking now for Wimbledon. So, I won't draw too much attention to the fact that Wawrinka didn't played at least one game on grass in 2010. Speaking about Denis Istomin, well this player can play maybe his best tennis on grass and there are no doubts about that, he really impressed recently but have to mentionate that he is a litter bit overrated at the moment. Wawrinka is a complete player who can play top tennis on grass, clear difference in class between him and Istomin, just some aspects like Istomin is in good form can't change the essential things, once again I will repeat that there are no doubts thatIstomin has been in good form recently but still to play against a player like Wawrinka is just another situation. Good Luck!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to back away from alot my initial picks. Monfils has played very well in the last week(albeit in warm-up games) and he'll probably beat Mayer. Might include it and a few others in acccumulators instead. One bet that I will be taking is under 16.5 games in the Kim Cljisters - M.E Camerin match. Cjlisters is usually very impressive against the lesser lights in grand slams, as opposed to Williams sisters who sometimes take a while to warm up and slowly get into their stride(venus especially). Kim will be on the ball from the off and I think she can cover this against the mediocre Camerin. 6-3 6-1 job. Bet strength - 2 pts.
Winning start :cheers

Right i've had a look at the handicaps now and the overs/unders and plucked out another 2. Roddick match under 30.5 games- 5/6-Ladbrokes- 10/10 Extremely suprised at the odds at this under. Finalist last year where he had chances against Federer but this is a different match with a different class opponent to Federer suprisingly enough. Expect Roddick to win straight sets really so if that happens this is likely to be achieved. Going for this over the handicap to Roddick, almost same odds and this to me is the safer option although both should still happen. 2) Fish match under 36.5 games- 5/6-Ladbrokes- 10/10 Another great value one again here. Fish in the warm up competition to Wimbledon lost in the final in a match he was backed to win really after beating Murray. Semi finalist last year in London and could have another good run again in 2010. Under 36.5 is extremely generous at this price against a 19 year old who plays in his first ever 1st round match at wimbledon. Expect Fish to show him whos boss, even if it goes to four, should still be all good. :ok
First 2 through safe and sound :beer

Right had a closer look and these will be my first few, straight wins as I don't think the handicaps are out yet :@ 1) Pe'er to beat Ivanovic 4/6 Ladbrokes 10/10 Already explained in a previous post, Ivanovic isn't the player she once was and has had injury problems. Although many actually fancy Ivanovic to rekindle some form here, don't see it happening in a million years myself (famous last words) so Pe'er to win. Wouldn't mind if she won 6-4 6-4 though, just good to watch Ivanovic in action :tongue2 2) Wawrinka to beat Istomin 4/9 Ladbrokes 10/10 Wawrinka is one of my favourite players to watch really, enhanced by his great show last year against that epic match against Murray which he really should have finished off. Although he thinks his best surface is clay and this is what he favours, he isn't a bad grass player either. His epic backhand is formiddable as Murray found last year and he should have too much here, providing he gets into his stride. 3) Almagro to beat Seppi 10/11 Ladbrokes 10/10 Bookies misplaced this price on Almagro I think. Showed he is certainly no pushover at Roland Garros and can hold his own with the big boys, breaking Nadal in the very first game there. Again prefers clay but he is good enough to come through this won, possibly in 4 sets I reckon but hopefully 3. Seppi is Seppi really. Never gone past round 3 at Wimbledon nor in any of the big 4 tournaments. Almagro is just a class above him and for this price, has to be taken. 4) Mayer to beat Cilic 5/1- Ladbrokes- 1/10 Wanted an outsider in round one and this perhaps is the one, well at the price is worth a shot. Mayer not a bad player, Cilic all about his serve, if he doesn't get this right on the day, could be fatal so Mayer may be worth a punt. Small stakes though GL all, waiting to see the rest's tips :ok
Not a bad day at all on the whole, only wawrinka that let me down. :wall

- Peter Luczak at 2.37 with Ladbrokes (2/10) - WIN - Daniel Brands at 2.20 with Stan James (2/10) - WIN - Double of Nikolay Davydenko x Taylor Dent at 1.91 with Boylesports (5/10) - WIN - Andy Roddick -7.5 games at 1.926 with Pinnacle (6/10) - WIN - Teimuraz Gabashvili -2.5 games at 1.833 with Pinnacle (4/10) - WIN - Michael Llodra -7.5 games at 2.14 with Pinnacle (4/10) - LOSS - Igor Kunitsyn +6.5 games at 2.34 with Pinnacle (3/10) - LOSS - Jesse Levine at 5.00 with Betfair (1/10) - LOSS
Pretty good start to proceedings, especially with biggest bet coming up and Luczak doing the business at a nice price. Glad Brands won aswell, exposed Andreev for what he is. Good call on Troicki and Witten to the lads that took him :ok

4) Mayer to beat Cilic 5/1- Ladbrokes- 1/10 Wanted an outsider in round one and this perhaps is the one, well at the price is worth a shot. Mayer not a bad player, Cilic all about his serve, if he doesn't get this right on the day, could be fatal so Mayer may be worth a punt. Small stakes though GL all, waiting to see the rest's tips :ok
Outstanding call mate :clap

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Two early selections for Tuesday's games... Quite an intriguing match between a qualifier and a lucky loser in Julian Reister and Rik de Voest. I'm tending to favour Reister, who is 2.05 with Boylesports. Did well at the French Open where he made R3, beating Feliciano Lopez and Olivier Rochus. Wasn't disgraced by Roger Federer in the match he lost. He went on to make the semi-finals of Furth on the clay before losing in the qualies to Brendan Evans - not a bad result as Evans is decent on this surface, shown by his win today. De Voest is a journeyman. Got lucky against Dominic Meffert in the qualies when German got injured. He's got more experience on grass (W2 L6) than Reister but really hasn't played the calibre of player Reister has this year. He's a Challenger player and he's meeting an improving player. Mindful that Reister lost in the qualies but he was up against a decent player. Think he can do the job here. I also like another underdog in Florent Serra, who is priced at 2.20 to beat Simon Greul. Neither man plays their best tennis on grass but I feel Serra may prefer conditions here more. He's made the second round a couple of times here, one year beating Philipp Kohlschreiber, and although he lost both his grass matches this year, they were against lefties on form (Mischa Zverev, who he always loses to, and Alejandro Falla, say no more). Greul doesn't do it for me when he's not on clay. He beat Tommy Robredo (out of form) and Robin Haase (poor on grass) but lost emphatically when playing decent players in Nikolay Davydenko and Benni Becker. He's not got the weapons to be effective on this surface and has never made waves at SW19. I feel Serra plays at a couple of notches higher than Greul and has shown decent form on the quicker surfaces this year on the hardcourts. He's worth a play, but stake accordingly. Got a few others on my shortlist but will look at them tomorrow when all the handicaps are revealed. Selections - Julian Reister at 2.05 with Boylesports (4/10) - Florent Serra at 2.20 with Stan James (3/10) :hope

Two early selections for Tuesday's games... Quite an intriguing match between a qualifier and a lucky loser in Julian Reister and Rik de Voest. I'm tending to favour Reister, who is 2.05 with Boylesports. Did well at the French Open where he made R3, beating Feliciano Lopez and Olivier Rochus. Wasn't disgraced by Roger Federer in the match he lost. He went on to make the semi-finals of Furth on the clay before losing in the qualies to Brendan Evans - not a bad result as Evans is decent on this surface, shown by his win today. De Voest is a journeyman. Got lucky against Dominic Meffert in the qualies when German got injured. He's got more experience on grass (W2 L6) than Reister but really hasn't played the calibre of player Reister has this year. He's a Challenger player and he's meeting an improving player. Mindful that Reister lost in the qualies but he was up against a decent player. Think he can do the job here. I also like another underdog in Florent Serra, who is priced at 2.20 to beat Simon Greul. Neither man plays their best tennis on grass but I feel Serra may prefer conditions here more. He's made the second round a couple of times here, one year beating Philipp Kohlschreiber, and although he lost both his grass matches this year, they were against lefties on form (Mischa Zverev, who he always loses to, and Alejandro Falla, say no more). Greul doesn't do it for me when he's not on clay. He beat Tommy Robredo (out of form) and Robin Haase (poor on grass) but lost emphatically when playing decent players in Nikolay Davydenko and Benni Becker. He's not got the weapons to be effective on this surface and has never made waves at SW19. I feel Serra plays at a couple of notches higher than Greul and has shown decent form on the quicker surfaces this year on the hardcourts. He's worth a play, but stake accordingly. Got a few others on my shortlist but will look at them tomorrow when all the handicaps are revealed. Selections - Julian Reister at 2.05 with Boylesports (4/10) - Florent Serra at 2.20 with Stan James (3/10) :hope
excellent calls today mate!! i'm going to go with you on those bets also!! i was thinking both reister an dserra meself but as u say stake accordingly!! not a whole lot stands out to be fair!! lot of tricky matches

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Mikhail Youzhny v Dudi Sela I think Sela to win at odds of 3.00 (Bet 365) is worth a punt. Dudi sela is a crafty player on grass as shown last year at wimbledon (reached last 16) and this month at Queens (reached semi's and beat Roddick in straight sets). Youzhny does not look great on grass and was knocked out of Halle by the veteran Nicolas Kiefer who was ranked world number 181 earlier this month. I believe Dudi Sela has the game to win here and will back him.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Sergiy Stakhovsky to beat Sam Querrey. 3.25 @ Ladbrokes

Both players come into this match in very good form having just won a tournament - Stakhovsky was successful in Hertogenbosch last week whilst Querrey won Queens event in London though should have lost to Mardy Fish in the final. Stakhovsky was very impressive last week as he won the title without dropping a set and I think he is underrated for this one unfairly. Querrey should be favorite but not like this. Stakhovsky has already beaten Sam so I see no reason he should not be able to do the same, especially with Querrey's poor Grand Slam record. Massive price on Stakhovsky.

Marc Gicquel to beat Paul-Henri Mathieu. 1.70 @ Gamebookers

It's really hard to see Mathieu having what it takes to get a win today, especially in a Grand Slam match where you need to win 3 sets. Mathieu has been trying to come back from injury and is struggling for form. Gicquel is exactly the same but at least he has got some wins under his belt and that is huge comparing to Mathieu who's only win this since april has come in Dusseldorf challenger event against Serbian youngster Lajovic.

Dudi Sela to beat Mikhail Youzhny. 3.40 @ Sportingbet

Huge upset on cards in this match. Youzhny is pretty poor on grass and has never been past 1st round @ Wimbledon and nothing suggests this statistics could change. Sela loves this surface and has beaten even Roddick couple weeks ago. Youzhny has never been great server and in long rallies I think Sela can outsmart him. Certainly interesting match in prospect and I'm going with Sela win here. He has beaten Youzhny in their only meeting and done that on fast indoor hard surface which suggests he can cope with Youzhny very well.

Oleksandr Dolgopolov to beat Marco Chiudinelli. 1.70 @ Betfair

Have seen both of Chiudinelli's last matches. The attitude was missing and his performances were very poor. He was just hitting like machine and not even thinking. Dolgopolov has improved a lot lately and will make the most of his opportunities. He certainly has got the right motivation at the moment which can not be said about Chiudinelli.

Santiago Giraldo to beat Thiemo de Bakker. 2.04 @ Betfair

I like Giraldo chances here. He has been just a little bit better in recent weeks. De Bakker messed up in his last match against compatriot Sijsling and looked very poor making tons of unforced errors and basically didn't know what to do. This match will be all about serve so some sort of over total games is another good option probably but I'm going with Giraldo win which looks the most likelier outcome in this match.

Simon Greul to beat Florent Serra. 1.80 @ Betfred

Serra is another of players who is struggling for form and motivation. Saw him play terrible ball game against Falla in Den Bosch. He was all over the place with serve and timing on shots was missing. Greul is no world beater either but in current circumstances is fairly rated as a favorite and should win this match. He got to 2nd round last year so has to defend some points and will be very much up for this one.

Event Iona-Raluca Olaru vs Alize Cornet
Selection Iona-Raluca Olaru
Strength 10/10
Date 22/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
Reasoning Here we got two players with no confidence or wins in her recent matches and basically having no idea when the next win will come. Despite the fact that Olaru is the worst of the two players at the moment I'm backing her to win. The reason is that she knows how to play Cornet. She leads H2H 1-0 the win coming last year on clay. Saw that match and Cornet despite winning set have no idea how to win the whole match. These two have played each other numerous times in juniors and Cornet has never managed to beat Olaru which is interesting stats to read. So Olaru win is my choice.

Event Alberta Brianti vs Jill Craybas
Selection Jill Craybas
Strength 10/10
Date 22/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.05 (Back)
Reasoning This is one of the best offers of the day as long as it stays like this. I have a feeling that it won't be for long. See Craybas is very experienced at this level and although she has not got legs to run anymore like she did some years ago she is still good enough for a win or two in every tournament. Alberta Brianti is an opponent who offers you confident look of a win. The Italian has not won a singles match Madrid 1st round on clay against out of form Pironkova. After that she has 4 straight matches including two on grass. Craybas has got a couple wins which will boost her confidence coming into this one. Craybas win for sure!

Event Anne Keothavong vs Anastasia Rodionova
Selection Anastasia Rodionova
Strength 10/10
Date 22/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.61 (Back)
Reasoning Great Britain is having terrible Wimbledon on women side and today will suffer another defeat with Keothavong going down to Rodionova. Anne has not the game to deal with Rodionova's powerful serve and groundies. Even the home support won't help her avoid the defeat. Rodionova win is what is going to happen in this match.

Event Anna Chakvetadze vs Andrea Petkovic
Selection Anna Chakvetadze
Strength 10/10
Date 22/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.74 (Back)
Reasoning This is a rematch of few weeks old meeting in Birmingham. Chakvetadze beat Petkovic 6-4, 6-4 and could have won more convincingly. Petkovic has been to Den Bosch final since then but my general feeling about her is not good. She still lacks consistency and playing another match against player who has just beaten her won't help the situation. Chakvetadze has not won a big match in ages but she could be able to beat Petkovic for a second straight time in just few weeks. By the way grass is her favorite surface so everything is set up for the Russian win here.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Marcel Granollers 3-0 2.50 Juan Carlos Ferrero 1.90 Jarkko Nieminen 1.40 Ivan Dodig 3-0 1.83 Dudi Sela +4.5 1.90 Fivefold bet365 Fred Gil is a claycourter and have just won a challenger on clay in Italy and Granollers can handle quick surfaces and have been in Queens playing well. Down 2 sets he beat Soderling 3-2 in Aussie open. Gil never does any spectacular in slams but Granollers have got past first round in every slam this year. I see an easy spanish win but I may be wrong because Gil leads h2h 5-1 and they met two times this year and Gil won both on clay. I think this surface suits Granollers more then Gil and despite h2h Gil will have problems coming from clay to grass. Granollers record on grass is also better then Gils.

Sergiy Stakhovsky to beat Sam Querrey. 3.25 @ Ladbrokes

I think you may be right about Stak, Sela, Dolgo, Giraldo and hopefully the rest. Nice bets.

Huge upset on cards in this match. Youzhny is pretty poor on grass and has never been past 1st round @ Wimbledon and nothing suggests this statistics could change. Sela loves this surface and has beaten even Roddick couple weeks ago. Youzhny has never been great server and in long rallies I think Sela can outsmart him. Certainly interesting match in prospect and I'm going with Sela win here. He has beaten Youzhny in their only meeting and done that on fast indoor hard surface which suggests he can cope with Youzhny very well.

Youzhny never been past 1st round? Come on...:\

Both players come into this match in very good form having just won a tournament - Stakhovsky was successful in Hertogenbosch last week whilst Querrey won Queens event in London though should have lost to Mardy Fish in the final. Stakhovsky was very impressive last week as he won the title without dropping a set and I think he is underrated for this one unfairly. Querrey should be favorite but not like this. Stakhovsky has already beaten Sam so I see no reason he should not be able to do the same, especially with Querrey's poor Grand Slam record. Massive price on Stakhovsky.

It's really hard to see Mathieu having what it takes to get a win today, especially in a Grand Slam match where you need to win 3 sets. Mathieu has been trying to come back from injury and is struggling for form. Gicquel is exactly the same but at least he has got some wins under his belt and that is huge comparing to Mathieu who's only win this since april has come in Dusseldorf challenger event against Serbian youngster Lajovic.

Have seen both of Chiudinelli's last matches. The attitude was missing and his performances were very poor. He was just hitting like machine and not even thinking. Dolgopolov has improved a lot lately and will make the most of his opportunities. He certainly has got the right motivation at the moment which can not be said about Chiudinelli.

I like Giraldo chances here. He has been just a little bit better in recent weeks. De Bakker messed up in his last match against compatriot Sijsling and looked very poor making tons of unforced errors and basically didn't know what to do. This match will be all about serve so some sort of over total games is another good option probably but I'm going with Giraldo win which looks the most likelier outcome in this match.

Serra is another of players who is struggling for form and motivation. Saw him play terrible ball game against Falla in Den Bosch. He was all over the place with serve and timing on shots was missing. Greul is no world beater either but in current circumstances is fairly rated as a favorite and should win this match. He got to 2nd round last year so has to defend some points and will be very much up for this one.

Fully agree with every singly selection from above, think you'll make nice profit from this. Someone mentioned Granollers, i watched him last year at Wimbledon against Sod, when he lost in 5 but was very very dangerous for the Swede. Marcel feels good on grass and is one of my favourite bets tommorow, also GGL and Gicquel should pass. Good luck boys. :hope

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Average enough day yesterday.Still have some going into today though with doubles and the like. Cheers Smeg/Winning Tipster with Barrois/Kulikova, just about kept me in the green stuff. Think I'll add.... Tsonga vs Kendrick OVER 32.5 games @ 8/11(Bet365:5/10) Looks doable for Kendrick here. He's a pretty one-dimensional player, all serve but Tsonga on return is not one of the best.Tsonga beat him in Miami 09 7-5 6-4 so potential for another tough one. Basically need one or two competitive sets from Kendrick and I think he can. He's come through qualies beating Krajinovic, Ouanna and Sweeting so should be battle hardened here....also has caused a few guys trouble in the past......won a set vs Murray here last year and also led Nadal 2-0 a few years back although Rafa was young at the time he won in 5.Tsonga has the game to do well on grass but no practice since last year on the surface....see if he can blow Kendrick away 6-4 6-4 6-4....I don't think so. GL\!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon A few more for today... Jarkko Nieminen takes on Stefan Koubek, a lucky loser, and I have to side with the Finn here. I can't see how Koubek can take this. He's 4-1 down on the H2H with Nieminen winning on quick surfaces. Koubek has never done much at Wimbledon - made the second round last year but generally peters out quickly. Both men are lefties and Koubek has a losing record against his counterparts, while Nieminen has a W27 L20 record. Nieminen has done well at SW19 in the past and has the game for a quick surface. He's also been playing a higher level than Koubek. Lost both his grass matches to Roger Federer and Benni Becker but was far from disgraced in either. Koubek hangs around the Challenger Tour and I question his stamina if this gets tough. Think the -4.5 game line is generous so I'm taking a bit of that. Another couple of lefties clash in Ricardo Mello and Thomaz Bellucci. Neither man has had any grass court warm-up events ahead of SW19 but the surface is sure to suit Bellucci more. He's got a big serve and a huge forehand and I can see those alone being too much for Mello, whose game doesn't really match-up to this surface. He's barely played on it, which is odd for a man in his late 20s. They met on clay earlier this year and Mello won but I feel Bellucci was a bit tired in that game after a lot of tennis. Bellucci's got form on quick indoor surfaces and that alone should stand him in good stead to beat his Brazilian counterpart. Nice draw for Bellucci and I feel he can cover a -5 game handicap here. Andy Murray gets his campaign up and running today and I can't see him having too many problems with Jan Hajek. The Czech is essentially a clay courter and struggles hugely on a quicker surface. There's a huge gulf in class between these two and Hajek's inexperience on a big court could get the better of him here. Murray will have the support of the crowd and I feel he'll up the ante somewhat now that he's at Wimbledon. Hajek doesn't have a big serve and that will give the Scot a chance in every service game he plays. Murray's return game is fantastic and that should be enough to see him over the line quickly here. The under 29.5 game line is nicely priced at 1.90 so I'll be playing that one. I also like a wee double of Lukasz Kubot and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat Blaz Kavcic and Tobias Kamke respectively. Kubot's game should suit grass. He enjoys serving and volleying from his doubles experiences and is a notch above his Slovenian opponent. Recent form has been poor but can't see Kavcic doing much on grass. He bombed out of Queen's to Marcos Daniel, who is an appalling player on grass. Kavcic won the only meeting on a hard court, but that was two years ago and Kubot has improved immeasurably since then. Garcia-Lopez, meanwhile, is in good form. Got to the final of Eastbourne and beat a few decent players on the way. His level is higher than Kamke's, who came through the qualifying easily enough but hasn't played the quality of the Spaniard for a while. Just feel he'll be slighly behind Garcia-Lopez when it comes to the crunch on this one. A few people have mentioned Marcel Granollers already and I'm going to back him to cover a -5 game handicap against Frederico Gil. Neither man has sizzling form on this surface but with a bigger serve and good net skills, Granollers is more equipped to win this. He did well at Queen's and as a doubles player, he knows how to close out points at the net. Gil played a Challenger last week on clay and got to the final, so I can't see him being able to make the transition seamlessly. He does lead the H2H 3-0 but all those wins were on clay so I'm not fearing that stat as much as I usually would. Gil isn't effective on a quick surface and may tire after so much tennis. Feel the young Spaniard can motor away with this. Selections - Jarkko Nieminen -4.5 games at 1.98 with Pinnacle (6/10) - Thomaz Bellucci -5 games AH at 1.935 with Pinnacle (6/10) - Under 29.5 games between Jan Hajek and Andy Murray at 1.90 with Boylesports (5/10) - Double of Lukasz Kubot and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez at 1.70 with Stan James (5/10) - Marcel Granollers -5 games AH at 2.04 with Pinnacle (4/10) :hope

Mikhail Youzhny v Dudi Sela I think Sela to win at odds of 3.00 (Bet 365) is worth a punt. Dudi sela is a crafty player on grass as shown last year at wimbledon (reached last 16) and this month at Queens (reached semi's and beat Roddick in straight sets). Youzhny does not look great on grass and was knocked out of Halle by the veteran Nicolas Kiefer who was ranked world number 181 earlier this month. I believe Dudi Sela has the game to win here and will back him.
[b']Sergiy Stakhovsky to beat Sam Querrey. 3.25 @ Ladbrokes

I'm going to follow a couple of these with small stakes - one of them winning should create a profit. Stakhovsky should not be that big against Querrey after his dismantling of Tipsarevic in s'Hertogenbosch and Sela has a good record against Youzhny, beat him in Davis Cup IIRC and also had a good run here last year. Selections - Dudi Sela at 3.25 with Betfair (2/10) - Sergiy Stakhovsky at 3.10 with Betfair (2/10) :hope

Youzhny has got to the quarter finals at Wimbledon 5 times 01,02,05,07 and 08

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Christ, who would've though it'd be so difficult to get Youzhny's Wimbledon record! Let's put it this way, last year was the first time in five years he fell at the first hurdle, to Ferrero. Tough opener today too.

Yeah sorry R16 , point is he is obviously not bad on grass and at Wimbledon. Saying he never made it past 1st round and is poor on grass just plain bogus.
Agreed, but Sela is good enough to beat him so fingers crossed :hope for everyone.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Dudi Sela @ $2.90 sportingbet Youzhny is in terrible form in all the lead up events and practise matches, he has lost his rhythm and is making alot of unforced errors which is unlike him, Sela is on a high and has put in some sparkling performances over the past few weeks, i expect same here, he knows this is a great time to play YOuzhny . also leads H2H, this def the upset of the day!:hope Dolgopolov Jr @ $1.62 sportingbet Dolgopolov to me is a class act, he has a nice serve and is terrific of both wings, very consistent, seems to enjoy the grass, and should cause Chiudenilli a lot of problems. A little double also, GGL@ $1.35 and Marc Gicquel $1.57 GGL has found some form of late, and is overcoming the inconsistincies he has been having and is doing okay on the grass, whereas Kamke has little, to no experience on grass playing on the Challenger Tour Gicquel is playing Henri-Mathieu, its not so much i believe Gicquel is a world beater, its more the fact since coming back from injury Henri-Mathieu has consistently struggled to win a match and playing at wimbledon on the grass definitely wont help his cause, Gicquel should have enough firepower here:hope

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon my few bets of the day are as follows!! rezai-hantuchova-tsonga treble 4-5 powers 3 points! rezai is the corner stone of this accumulator really! grass should really suit her...she is agressive, visious groundstrokes and like sto take the ball early....she can hug the baseline which is a good trait for grass court tennis!! rybarikova has a reputation for being a good grass court player just because she won at eastbourne last year (or was it nottingham) but she lost the first round at wimbledon for the last 2 years to niculescu and vinci!! she hasn't had a great year....and the truth is that she is just a level below the feisty and full of confidence rezai! her backhand is her weak shot and rezai can pummel her along this wing!! hantuchova is playing king who is not great on grass and has had a few hammering of late! hantuichova loves the grass and should never lose to king here!! tsong aplays kendrik...who actually has produced some of his best tennis at wimbledon but is still a little bit past it!! he was very lucky to beat sweeting in qualifying and though i can see him giving tsong atrouble( might beat the handicap) tsonga is looking very sharp and motivated at the moment and is simply a class ahead and looking to go on a good run here!