** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June

5.00 Ascot There are a couple of Irish raiders that may have been let in lightly by the British handicapper and a few more hurdlers that return to the flat that are possibly well treated, with Junior heading the bunch. However, this extra yardage will suit DAYIA and this likeable mare is taken to continue her improvement now granted a greater stamina test. She hinted at class when finishing a staying on fourth in the Cesarewitch last season and even though she was dropped back in trip at Haydock when last seen she cruised into contention to get on top late on and secure a victory over two miles. A 5 lb rise may not prove beyond her and she is the bet in this superb handicap. 14/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June Royal Ascot 3.50 I am backing all of my flat diary horses blind i think at this meeting, the 1st one is in the 3.50 St James palace stakes - STEINBECK 4th in the irish 2000 last time out behind Canford cliffs. Stil has improvement and this could be where O'Briens season starts in earnest. Steinbeck 7/1 Ladbrokes 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 3:50 Ascot - Canford Cliffs - 1pt @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes) If the Canford Cliffs that turned up at the Irish Guineas shows up here then he'll win. They finally got him to settle in running and he routed a very good field. He finished behind Dick Turpin twice this season, Behind Makfi in the English Guineas also but I think we will see the beast unleashed tomorrow and he'll show his true worth. There's more to come from him and he'll improve again tomorrow if he settles like last time. Won so easily at The Curragh when looking short for room at one stage, Then getting a dream run and when Hughes said go he surely went! The English Guineas was also his first run over a mile, That's probably why everyone thought he wouldn't stay I'd say but that's madness! Third run over a mile tomorrow and I think it'll be his second win.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June Today, I can't help but be interested in Ghimaar at 11/2 with William Hill in the 5.00. He's weighted very well, won so impressively last time over hurdles where he might not have beat much but at least he showed he's in terrific form. Henderson has won this race more than once before, the man Fallon is on, he's won over 2 miles before on the flat staying on really strongly and surely, while there are numerous dangers Ghimaar has to be primed to give us a sparkling run for our money. Ascot 5.00 Ghimaar 11/2 William Hill 1 point each-way.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June

Rajik in the 5.00 for me Only because i was given a tip for it last night first selection put up for me on this site , so lets hope its a winning one. Good luck with all your bets today lads.;)
Billy, cant accept this one for the comp mate, we dont do 'was given a top for it' here. Must be sound reasoning. Good luck anyway!

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 615 Newton Abbot: Scene Two (5/2 SJ bog) Interesting novice event with a few having form and the spanner in the works with Paul Nicholls running a debutant that is well fancied and rated the best on the flat. I have backed Scene Two on bet365 at just over 2/1 with the security of my money back if second but will go for the win in here at 5/2. He was a good second to Niceonefrankie at Towcester, this track should suit better and there was a couple with form in behind that day so the race may have been ok in the context of this.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June Ascot 3.50 - Canford Cliffs - win at 5/2 BOG with Betfred I read last year that this was a great big boat of a horse who was sure to need a run or two to reach peak fitness. On that basis I went against him in the Greenham and the Guineas but his scintillating performance in Ireland showed that he's reached his peak now and I reckon he should see off his erstwhile conquerers in Dick turpin and Makfi Hannon has always said that this was a great horse and looks like he might be right after all !

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 15:05 Ascot Kingsgate Native is the one for me in this race. He is a regular in group company having been involved in group races 11 times from just 12 runs to date. He has a 36% strike rate in group company with 4 wins and 3 places from those 11 runs. Three of his four wins have came over the minimum trip and he has also won at Ascot over a furlong further which shows he handles the track. Won on his seasonal reappearance at Haydock LTO in good enough fashion and should strip fitter for today's race. A few of those in behind that day reoppose again today. Ryan Moore in the saddle once again and I fancy him to steer him home for his 5th career win and his third Group 1 victory. WIN - Kingsgate Native @ 7/2 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 730 brighton mygolftravel com travelled sweetly throughout race last time out unlucky to get short of room at vital stage and still only beaten a head somehow runs off same mark step back in trip shudnt b a prob avin won over 7f around this unique course! 1 pt win yourgolftravel com EVS sj

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 2.15 Thirsk Alhoni Got going far too late last time over 5f but came with a storming late run to finish 3rd. Nothing much in oppostion here as most of those that have run have had their chance and the two newcomers are unlikely to be anything special. I fancy the extra furlong should bring out the best in this one. 1Pt Win 8/1 Bet365

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 5.50 Thirsk: Sands Crooner 1pt win @ 16/1 Last win came this time last year at Lingfield over 5f from 10lbs higher than today's mark. has been competitive from higher marks than this over last couple of months and with tongue tie reapplied could go close at decent odds with conditions looking ideal IMO.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June

5.50 Thirsk: Sands Crooner 1pt win @ 16/1 Last win came this time last year at Lingfield over 5f from 10lbs higher than today's mark. has been competitive from higher marks than this over last couple of months and with tongue tie reapplied could go close at decent odds with conditions looking ideal IMO.
Sorry, 16/1 is available with VC BOG

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June captain dimitrios 215 thir. 1 pt win. stable second string, but i think he can improve enough to go close today. the trip and ground should suit and i think the track will suit him too. only raced twice and although needs to improve, i think he will.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June ZACINTO 2.30 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find more and didn't show too well on reappearance. However, Stoute knows when they're ready to justify themselves and I think he's a big price with no trip and ground worries. The race should be fast and that can suit too.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June 4.05 Thirsk - Spavento - 12/1 WH Long standing maiden which is a worry but has put in a number of decent efforts over much higher marks than this. Lto can be excused imo, first try over a mile and faded late on, return to 7f should help. Ground isnt a problem and first time cheek pieces could improve his chances.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June Tyrrells Wood 5.00 Ascot - 1pt WIN 11-1 Bet365 (BOG) Won a class 4 handicap by 7 lengths at Pontefract over 2m1f and then went on to take 2nd in last years Queen Alexandra here at Ascot before grabbing another 2nd place at Goodwood over a furlong less. Needs to be ready first time out and trainer runs two in this race but gets the trip and goes on the ground. 2lb above mark of last race and 17lb above that last winning mark at Ponty but improving all the time.

Re: Best bet of the day - Tue 15th June T5.50 Arriva La Diva 0.5pt E/W The trainer has had a quiet season but there are one or two signs that things are starting to turn around and the excellent Ian Brennan takes the ride today. 5 furlongs on fast ground is just the ticket and the horse is more open to improvement than most of these. The horse is reasonably handicapped and looks sure to go close under its favoured conditions.