Tennis - June 7-13

Re: Tennis - June 7-13

Tea and crumpets Mr Roddick.........;) Can't see a whole lot at this time in the morning, very few bookies have lines up right now. Though I might be missing something with Tanasugarn to beat Sania Mirza @ 15/8. Girl has won titles on grass in the past(one in 2009) and is a former Wimbledon 1/4 finalist....70% win record on grass. Came through easily in rd 1 against Osterloh, serving well according o the stats. She's getting old now but can still pull out some decent runs like in Pattaya where she reached the final this year losing to Zvonareva.Mirza is OK, easy win in rd 1 aswell against Chan but still looks like a trickier one than the odds suggest(Mirza is 4/11)...Mirza has 48% winning record on grass and has alot of points to defend after reaching semi's last year.....maybe that's why she's so underpriced...might try small play on Tanasugarn here. Tanasugarn to beat Mirza @ 15/8(Paddy Power:2/10)
Match started yesterday but was interrupted by the rain. Mirza won the first set 6-4. I don't understand how this match is offered... ?!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Here's what I'v got for Halle today. I have handicaps on 3 of the 4 underdogs + under 23.5 games in Becker - Davydenko match. I reckon Becker could even win...

Event Benjamin Becker vs Nikolay Davydenko
Selection Under 23.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning Wow! Didn't expect to see such a huge total line for this match. My feeling is that Becker is going to win today but with Davydenko you never know. He's good enough to beat everybody on tours. The problem though today is surface which is grass. Davydenko is crap on grass and was struggling against Greul in round 1. Well in the first after which Greul stopped playing. Becker has beaten Davy only time they met on grass and feel confident about his chances. Either way I don't think this match will last more than 2 sets.
Event Roger Federer vs Alejandro Falla
Selection Alejandro Falla +6 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Saw Falla match against Federer in Paris and Alejandro looked very impressive to me. Although he has been hammered by Roger on grass in the past this is not gonna happen today only because it's not a Grand Slam match. Federer plays his best tennis only in Grand Slams. Other tournaments are used to prepare and train. Funny it may sound but it's like that. Falla is capable of getting 3 games in each set here. Nieminen did get 4 games in each of his two sets and Falla is no worst player, besides has a bit more motivation these days. GL!
Event Jurgen Melzer vs Mischa Zverev
Selection Mischa Zverev +3.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Bet365.com is offering extra half game on this one which Im taking. Was not that convinced about Melzer in the firs round and not sure he should be counted as a huge favorite in a match against player like Zverev who is very well suited to grass courts and had a decent win in round 1. This match can easily end in upset so I wouldn't back Melzer today but I'm a bit cautious on Zverev's chances although handicap looks fine to me and I'm having that.
Event Marco Chiudinelli vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
Selection Marco Chiudinelli +4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning Kohly had a mighty scare against Bemelmans in the first round. I didn't see the match but judging from the result it wasn't pretty. And it's not gonna be any easier against Chiudinelli who had a very good performance against Rochus and basically enjoys playing in faster indoor conditions. I can see this one going the way of Marco but not sure he can beat German player in Germany today so I'm having just a handicap which should be ok.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Here are my thoughts for today... Marin Cilic got a fine win yesterday against Nicolas Mahut and he takes on another Frenchman here in Michael Llodra, who plays quite a similar game to Mahut. He likes this surface and enjoys coming to the net. The big difference is that he’s a lefty but I’m not sure that will affect Cilic a great deal here. He’s got a good backhand, meaning he can deal better with Llodra’s serve out wide, and he’s got a fine overall record against left-handed players (W17 L8). Llodra’s game relies purely on serve and if that isn’t working, he will struggle to win points. Cilic has the greater all-round game and after a good win on this surface over Mahut, he’ll have enough confidence to go and take this match on. They met in Challenger match in 2006, which Llodra won on a hard court, but Cilic has improved so much since then, I wouldn’t take that result into account. Llodra is a savvy player but I reckon Cilic can break him down. The Croat is decent on this surface and although I expect one tight set, I feel the Croat can cover the handicap in this one. - Marin Cilic -2.5 games at 1.813 with Pinnacle (5pts) Richard Gasquet has really started to pick up his game in the last month and he has a good chance of making it to the Queen’s quarter-finals against Rainer Schuettler. The German is a former Wimbledon semi-finalist but at 34, I’m not sure how much he’s got left in the tank against someone as talented as Gasquet. The Frenchman leads the H2H 2-1 and won their last meeting, on a hard court, pretty comfortably. He’s got the game for grass – beautiful groundstroks, nice feel at the net and a good serve – and has looked pretty comfortable in his two matches so far against Kei Nishikori and Rajeev Ram. Schuettler got a fine win over Gael Monfils but that was partly down to Monfils’ injury and his lack of game-time on this surface. The grass is probably Schuettler’s best surface but I still feel his level – he’s been playing a lot of Challenger tennis – is beneath Gasquet’s by a fair margin. The outright price is too slim on the Frenchman so I’m going to risk the -4 game handicap at a decent enough price of 1.847 for me. - Richard Gasquet -4 games AH at 1.847 with Pinnacle (4pts) Sam Querrey has had a tough time of it recently but I was hugely impressed – and heartened – by his win over Robby Ginepri yesterday in straight sets. He’d lost to Ginepri at the French Open, so a win at Queen’s was a good way to avenge that. He takes on Marcel Granollers today in a match that the American should win. Granollers is not really a grass-court player. He can volley but he’s not someone who moves well on the surface and he’s had a favourable run to this point, facing two out-of-shape players in Janko Tipsarevic and Marc Gicquel. Querrey has the game for grass. He’s got a monstrous serve and huge forehand and can play at the net. His mentality was a question mark but yesterday’s win answered that and I expect him to kick on here. The outright and handicap prices are poor so I’m going to chance the under 22.5 game line. I can see Querrey being able to sort this one out in under that, but if he falls behind, his head could slip and Granollers could be the man to profit. It’s priced at 2.09 and I think that’s too big on a line which could definitely come in. - Under 22.5 games between Sam Querrey and Marcel Granollers at 2.09 with Pinnacle (3pts) Benjamin Becker takes on Nikolay Davydenko in Halle today and I’m going to plump with the German here to have the beating of his Russian counterpart. There’s no doubt that Davydenko is the better all-round player, but the Russian is just back from a wrist injury and doesn’t like playing on the grass particularly. The ball bounces too low for him and his serve gets punished. He’s played Becker before on this surface, the German winning 6-4 6-4 6-4 at Wimbledon a few years ago. Becker’s got a good game for grass – he won s’Hertenbosch on grass last year and has a huge serve. He likes to keep the points short and will attack the net. His top level isn’t as good as Davydenko’s but I’m not sure the Russian will find top gear here. He’s still finding his feet after injury and this surface does him no favours. I wouldn’t put anyone off taking Becker on the nose but I’m going to play a +1.5 game handicap, as I expect this match to be a close affair. Becker may be a bit one-dimensional but he’s infront of a home crowd and is playing an out-of-practice Davydenko on the Russian’s least favourite surface. Worth a play for me. - Benjamin Becker +1.5 games at 1.99 with Pinnacle Sports (3pts) :hope

Event Sesil Karatantcheva vs Magdalena Rybarikova
Selection Sesil Karatantcheva +3.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.96 (Back)
Reasoning Rybarikova is a defending champ here but is not playing like one. She benefited from opponent's retirement in the first round and had a mighty escape yesterday after Makarova failed to serve out the match in the 3rd set. Twice... What a shambles. Karatantcheva has been very good thus far in the tournament and in my opinion has very good chance of getting a win here. She's beaten Rybarikova in the past and that will give her boost if she needed one after destroying Shvedova in her last match. I was thinking about having a shot at Sesil win here but having just a handicap. Rybarikova being defending champion will go for it so could be dangerous.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Having 5 matches @ Queen's today...

Event Andy Murray vs Mardy Fish
Selection Mardy Fish +4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Reasoning Great stuff offered for this one. Handicap of 4.5 games for Fish looks very good. Mardy has been serving very well this week and good serving on grass is very important. Murray failed to impress in his first match against Navarro. The fact that Fish beat Murray in their last meeting will ad spice to this match. I reckon Fish should cover this handicap with ease.
Event Michael Llodra vs Marin Cilic
Selection Over 22.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Reasoning Here we have a gift from Bet365.com. Total games at 22.5? What kinda sick joke is that? This match will be all about serving and Llodra is particularly good at that and Cilic can hit some serves as well. Tiebreaks in prospect in this match and probably more than 1. Over for sure. Take your chances!
Event Sam Querrey vs Marcel Granollers
Selection Marcel Granollers
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.80 (Back)
Reasoning Keep opposing Querrey here. Sam has a tendency of losing matches when he's favored at odds close to 1.20. And it's happening way too often lately. It wouldnt be a huge surprise to me if he lost today to player he knows nothing about. Granollers has been the revelation to me in this tournament for his good showing on grass as he has very little experience on the surface. The Spaniard has a very good baseline game and is well capable of making this match a nightmare for Querrey. Like I said at the start, Querrey should never be as a favorite with odds @ 1.25. Never!
Event Julien Benneteau vs Feliciano Lopez
Selection Julien Benneteau
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 2.61 (Back)
Reasoning I have backed Benneteau all week long and will continue to do so. Here we got a match against Lopez who did great job for me yesterday but it was easy money winning 2-0 against Dimitrov who has not lived to expectations after his success in juniors @ Wimbledon and US Open. Lopez was fine but not heavily convincing and will have to play lot better against Benneteau who had a good comeback against Anderson yesterday. Julien has beaten Lopez in their only previous meeting and did it on Lopez's favorite indoor hard surface. I think Benneteau is underrated for this one as he has got the game to beat player like Lopez.
Event Dudi Sela vs Andy Roddick
Selection Dudi Sela +5.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning This one looks pretty good to me. Grass is Sela's favorite surface therefore I think he has got even better chance today than he had on hard against Roddick. Sela pushed Roddick all the way in Beijing 2 years ago on hard even managing to take a set from the American. Set won't be needed today and +5.5 games can be done even by losing in two sets. Sela won't be such a mess as Kunitsyn was for Roddick in the first round.

Roddick isn't English !! I don't understand where you'd get that from ? Not sure how people are meant to take your tips seriously if you can't even research the basics.
Whatever his nationality, he's just lost the first set :D Sela +5.5 bet looking good atm :hope

Match started yesterday but was interrupted by the rain. Mirza won the first set 6-4. I don't understand how this match is offered... ?!
Paddy Power trying to pull a fast one mate, usually they'd say the current score etc if a match had been rained off the previous day(at least other bookies do). Not been following the women so closely this week so was amazed at Tanasugarn's price thinking they were starting from scratch.....bit gutted to find her a set down(making the odds more believable) and 0-2 *15-40 in the second but she came back and won in 3........:lol....bit of luck really as I rarely go with underdogs, but not gonna complain.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Poor day yesterday, lots of shocks and it didn't help that Gasquet withdrew with an injury. Here's my selections for today... Dudi Sela has shown this week that he’s in really good form. He’s beaten three tough opponents in Chris Guccione, Gilles Muller and Andy Roddick and is yet to be broken on serve. He takes on Rainer Schuettler for a place in the semi-finals of Queen’s and I expect him to get the job done here. Schuettler isn’t the player he once was, as I explained yesterday, and he has a 4-1 losing record against the Israeli. They met at Wimbledon last year, with Sela winning in straight sets, so he’s got a grass victory over the German too. With Sela in the form he’s in, I can’t see him not taking this match, and I’m happy to play the -3 game line in this one at odds of 1.885. - Dudi Sela -3 games AH at 1.885 with Pinnacle (5pts) Xavier Malisse got a cracking win over Novak Djokovic yesterday but I feel his tournament may come to an end here against Sam Querrey. Malisse’s match finished last night and he’s a man who isn’t particularly stamina-proven. He’s now gone through two three-set matches in two days and I feel an element of fatigue may come into play against Querrey. The American is starting to pick up his form now and got another good win in straight sets yesterday against Marcel Granollers. He’s got the big serve to win plenty of cheap points. Malisse can serve well too but is more prone to throwing in poor service games. I can’t see Malisse having the fitness to tough this one out if it gets close. I’m prepared to play the -2.5 game handicap in Querrey’s favour here. - Sam Querrey -2.5 games AH at 1.917 with Pinnacle (4pts) Mischa Zverev and Benjamin Becker both wrapped up good wins yesterday over higher ranked players and they meet for a place in the Halle semi-finals. This match should be a very close affair and I think the odds are too generous on Zverev. He’s beaten Becker before in 2007 on a hard court and has the game for grass. To be fair, both men do, but Zverev being a lefty could play against Becker. The backhand is a weak area of Becker’s game and Zverev will pepper that with his serve and forehand. Both men have been serving well this tournament so I expect the sets to be tight. I did consider the overs but the price has been hammered. I think Zverev holds a slight edge in this one and I like the +3 game handicap at 1.885 in his favour. - Mischa Zverev +3 games AH at 1.885 with Pinnacle (4pts) :hope

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 2 early choices from me that should be done without any stress, I guess...

Event Sesil Karatantcheva vs Maria Sharapova
Selection Maria Sharapova -5.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.65 (Back)
Reasoning This should over in no time unless it will be raining. Again... Sharapova for me is the class act here and Karatantcheva has done more than enough in this tournament and can go home now. Sharapova has had an easy ride against Sesil all times they played and although this will be their firs meeting in 5 years I don't think it will make any difference. Sharapova will be too strong, especially on grass. GL!
Event Lleyton Hewitt vs Andreas Beck
Selection Lleyton Hewitt -4 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning This is a very good offer. I have been backing Hewitt all week long and there's no reason to think he can not get easy win today. He had a bit of a neck problem in his last match but there has been a good rest day for him so he should be fine. Beck is having serve issues and baseline game is far from impressive either and is not going to be good enough against player like Lleyton.

2 early choices from me that should be done without any stress' date= I guess...
EventSesil Karatantcheva vs Maria Sharapova
SelectionMaria Sharapova -5.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/06/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningThis should over in no time unless it will be raining. Again... Sharapova for me is the class act here and Karatantcheva has done more than enough in this tournament and can go home now. Sharapova has had an easy ride against Sesil all times they played and although this will be their firs meeting in 5 years I don't think it will make any difference. Sharapova will be too strong, especially on grass. GL!
EventLleyton Hewitt vs Andreas Beck
SelectionLleyton Hewitt -4 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/06/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.82 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a very good offer. I have been backing Hewitt all week long and there's no reason to think he can not get easy win today. He had a bit of a neck problem in his last match but there has been a good rest day for him so he should be fine. Beck is having serve issues and baseline game is far from impressive either and is not going to be good enough against player like Lleyton.
Psycho, I've got a few questions. Surely you're not backing every bet you place with 10/10 stakes? Secondly, can I ask you how you define value? Not a criticism at all, just a question. I looked at Hewitt -4 games too but I thought the price was too skinny at 1.82 - there's not enough value in that figure, I'd be looking for 1.90ish in that price. But you obviously feel differently, so I thought I'd ask to see if I'm missing a trick here. Good luck with your bets today :ok

Psycho, I've got a few questions. Surely you're not backing every bet you place with 10/10 stakes? Secondly, can I ask you how you define value? Not a criticism at all, just a question. I looked at Hewitt -4 games too but I thought the price was too skinny at 1.82 - there's not enough value in that figure, I'd be looking for 1.90ish in that price. But you obviously feel differently, so I thought I'd ask to see if I'm missing a trick here. Good luck with your bets today :ok
Well, any price starting with 1.8 and upwards is ok for me. Let's say it's something between 1.6 and 1.8 you can always double with a banker and add someone at short odds. Let's say I'm having Hewitt -4 games + Federer win. Make a combo thing here and there you get a bigger price. I just don't write these things here but basically it's like that. Sometimes it's a risk and it can go wrong because shit happens and one of the two messes up so generally combo bets are not a good thing coz it's more risky. You just have to pick the right one. And for example today there's no chance Federer can lose (fingers crossed :D) so I'm adding him to Hewitt handicap and having bigger odds combined.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 So here's the rest of my choices for today...

Roger Federer vs Philipp Kohlschreiber. Federer -4.5 games. 1.85 @Expekt

Bookies are genuinely offering good stuff today. This one looks like a winner. Federer was in demolishing mood yesterday against Falla and was off the court in no time, winning 6-1, 6-2. It's not gonna be that easy against Kohly but it will be easy anyway. Philipp was very shaky yesterday. Despite the fact that he hit some aces his serve had let downs and had it not been for Chiudinelli's poor approach to the match Kohly could have easily lost. Federer won't mess around and will be more efficient. 4-0 H2H record tells all you need to know. They've played twice in Halle. It was 6-4, 6-3 both times and this kind of result will do the trick today.

Dudi Sela vs Rainer Schuettler. Under 23 games. 1.92 @ Pinnacle

Taking precautions here. Sela had a massive win against Roddick yesterday but it has to be said that the American didn't want to play in the first place complaining about slippery surface etc. Sela is favorite today and so it should be. The thing that worries me is that he might be gone mentally after win against Roddick. Schuettler is ok on grass and has had a day's rest so will be fresh. Other downside here is that Schuettler has beaten Sela not so long ago in a Challenger event. It could happen today as well. Therefore Im taking under 23 games which will work if either wins in two sets.

Sam Querrey vs Xavier Malisse. Querrey -2.5 games. 2.00 @ Paddy Power

Im backing Querrey for once. Funny it might soud but today he really has to win. Malisse despite all of his heroics against Djokovic will be done today. He has dropped a set even against Tomic which is not good. Querrey has been serving very well apart from one game yesterday when he failed to serve out the second set against Granollers but did the job in tie-break. Querrey clear favorite here and should win by 3 games.

Rafael Nadal vs Feliciano Lopez. Nadal -3 (Asian Handicap). 1.88 @ Pinnacle

Rafa had a bit of an injury yesterday and that is a worrying sign, therefore I'm taking a handicap. In case of a retirement I get my money back. Lopez is decent on grass and will have a no-nonsense attitude to this match but with Nadal's return game ability I expect Rafa to make the most of this. 3 games looks a bit short to me.

Lukas Lacko vs Philipp Petzschner. Petzschner -3.5 (Asian Handicap). 2.04 @ Pinnacle

Massive offer on Petzschner today. Philipp has played Lacko already twice before earlier this year. Both matches went full distance but Petzschner was a convincing winner in the end covering this handicap in both matches. Lacko was poor against Meffert and was lucky to win but playing against opponent who has beaten him already twice not so long ago won't help the Slovak player.

Well' date=' any price starting with 1.8 and upwards is ok for me. Let's say it's something between 1.6 and 1.8 you can always double with a banker and add someone at short odds. Let's say I'm having Hewitt -4 games + Federer win. Make a combo thing here and there you get a bigger price. I just don't write these things here but basically it's like that. Sometimes it's a risk and it can go wrong because shit happens and one of the two messes up so generally combo bets are not a good thing coz it's more risky. You just have to pick the right one. And for example today there's no chance Federer can lose (fingers crossed :D) so I'm adding him to Hewitt handicap and having bigger odds combined.[/quote'] Cheers for the reply. Anything above 1.75 is acceptable for me. I like to do doubles and will do the occassional treble too, but risk of a loss is obviously greater. I think you're right about Hewitt, the price falls within the bracket. Will probably have a play myself.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Well... Hewitt had a massive escape. Break down in the first set. Managed to come back from that. A moment of magic with an incredible passing shot did the trick in the second set and that was that. Beck was gone! Nice stuff thus far. Cheers for Sharapova as well! :)

Well... Hewitt had a massive escape. Break down in the first set. Managed to come back from that. A moment of magic with an incredible passing shot did the trick in the second set and that was that. Beck was gone! Nice stuff thus far. Cheers for Sharapova as well! :)
Doesn't matter how they do it, as long as they do.

Having 5 matches @ Queen's today...
EventAndy Murray vs Mardy Fish
SelectionMardy Fish +4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date10/06/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningGreat stuff offered for this one. Handicap of 4.5 games for Fish looks very good. Mardy has been serving very well this week and good serving on grass is very important. Murray failed to impress in his first match against Navarro. The fact that Fish beat Murray in their last meeting will ad spice to this match. I reckon Fish should cover this handicap with ease.
Nice one :cheers

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Sport Tennis Event Federer-Kohlschreiber Selection Kohlschreiber Strength 3/10 Date 11/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 11.00 (Back) Reasoning Why not to try this bet?Federer for me was unpersuasive in first round with Nieminen,score 6-4 6-4 and in last round had a easy match with Falla 6-1 6-2.Kohlschreiber won yesterday with Chiudinelli after a difficult game,score 4-6 5-7.But with the fans support,he can make a big surprise.I think Federer yet is not settled with grass.If Kohlschreiber win,will be a very balanced game,probably with one tiebreak in first or 2nd game. Sport Tennis Event Querry-Malisse Selection Malisse (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.62 (Lay) Reasoning I think Querry win here.He was reasonable so far in this tournament,winning with Ginepri and Granollers in 2 sets.Malisse can be tired after the matches with Djokovic and Tomic,in 3 sets.Also,Querry will have the fans support,this competition runs in London.Lay on Malisse. Sport Tennis Event Lacko-Petzschner Selection Lacko (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 11/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.55 (Lay) Reasoning Lacko won in Halle so far with Chardy and Meffert.Was accessible games for Lacko.Now will have a difficult match with Petzschner.He is in great form,winning in first rounds with strong players like Marcos Baghdatis or Troicki,both players being better positioned in ATP ranking.Playing and in his country,I expect Petzschner to qualify in next round.Lay on Lacko.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Old man Schuettler still got some game, won first set 7-5 vs Sela. What you think for Fish vs Feli Lopez fellas?? Lopez slight underdog right now but should be 50:50 later on. I'm thinking possibly overs and Lopez to win......surely gonna be a tough match with both doing very well on serve this week and beating top players(though Murray out of form and Nadal fatigued but still fantastic wins). Fish finished off Murray today and then beat Llodra so maybe tired? Though looking at it, everything screams stay away....two guys with good grass game, inconsistent yet dangerous when they play themselves into some form, tough h2h aswell 2-2 with Fish beating him last year on grass. Maybe Hewitt on the handicap versus Becker worth a go, fancy Hewitt in 2 or 3 with Becker possibly winning a tight set. And a side-note about Wimbledon, I think Sharapova is worth a go at 7 or 8/1 to win it, which is available(obviously want to see the draw in a few weeks first). She is doing well in smaller events since returning this year but watching her against Henin at the French(Henin's best surface vs Maria's worst) where she could have won, I'm thinking she would have taken her on a fast surface.Big threats are the Williams sisters of course but Sharapova is a big fighter and if her serve is working she is dangerous.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 WTA Birmingham semifinals...

Event Na Li vs Aravane Rezai
Selection Na Li
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning This is a repeat of the last year's 3rd round match at the same tournament. Li was favorite in the final which she lost to Rybarikova. The Chinese number one player is going to have another shot this time around. Rezai is clearly struggling on grass and has had tough matches against players she should be beating easily. This match is going to be close but the end result should be Li win. Over total games is another good option though I'm going with Li win here.
Event Alison Riske vs Maria Sharapova
Selection Over 17.5
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Saw a bit of Riske yesterday. She has got very powerful game built around decent serve and stunning forehand. She has got all the way from qualies to the semifinal for the first time at this level and match against Sharapova will be a great deal for here. But Riske has showed in her previous matches that she is very tough both physically and mentally which is very important against player like Sharapova. Expekt have put out early odds and 17,5 total games is a bit short for me. Riske might be tired but I reckon she will be able to get 6 games out of this match. I certainly wouldn't bet under in current circumstances. GL!

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Taking just one 1/2 final @ Queens and Halle

Event Feliciano Lopez vs Mardy Fish
Selection Mardy Fish
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.85 (Back)
Lopez had a fantastic win against Nadal and it will be interesting to see what sort of reaction there will be from him. We saw on Friday that Sela couldn't put another strong performance after beating Andy Roddick in previous round. I have a feeling that Lopez might struggle mentally in this match. Besides Fish has won last two matches pretty convincingly against Lopez including a year ago at this particular event winning 6-1, 6-4. Fish followed that win with another success earlier this year in Miami 7-5 6-3. Lopez had very easy life against Nadal who had a terrible serving performance. Fish has been serving great all week long and it will be very hard for Lopez to break the American down. Fish win here.
Event Lleyton Hewitt vs Benjamin Becker
Selection Lleyton Hewitt -2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning Paddy Power is offering just -2.5 games in one of their lines. The price is not the most attractive but still pretty good. Hewitt has been very good all week. I was not totally enjoying his performance against Andreas Beck in 1/4finals. The Aussie was not interested in breaking Beck's serve. He just didn't bother trying until he was broken himself. That was the turning point. Becker is a decent player on grass but Hewitt will be too strong for him and winning by 3 games won't be tough task for Lleyton.

Old man Schuettler still got some game, won first set 7-5 vs Sela. What you think for Fish vs Feli Lopez fellas?? Lopez slight underdog right now but should be 50:50 later on. I'm thinking possibly overs and Lopez to win......surely gonna be a tough match with both doing very well on serve this week and beating top players(though Murray out of form and Nadal fatigued but still fantastic wins). Fish finished off Murray today and then beat Llodra so maybe tired? Though looking at it, everything screams stay away....two guys with good grass game, inconsistent yet dangerous when they play themselves into some form, tough h2h aswell 2-2 with Fish beating him last year on grass. Maybe Hewitt on the handicap versus Becker worth a go, fancy Hewitt in 2 or 3 with Becker possibly winning a tight set. And a side-note about Wimbledon, I think Sharapova is worth a go at 7 or 8/1 to win it, which is available(obviously want to see the draw in a few weeks first). She is doing well in smaller events since returning this year but watching her against Henin at the French(Henin's best surface vs Maria's worst) where she could have won, I'm thinking she would have taken her on a fast surface.Big threats are the Williams sisters of course but Sharapova is a big fighter and if her serve is working she is dangerous.
That'd be my first feeling on this match IAG.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Hewitt on the handicap looks a bit short IMO, though I expect him to cover it. Na Li is always..........:unsure...gonna be a tough one with Rezai...two ball-bashers you could say, many winners, many errors, many breaks of serve....Li has a tendency to make hard work of matches. Nothing really appealing tomorrow in my view.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 The handicap on Hewitt seems fair enough. Becker's been outstanding in this tournament, grass is definitely his surface, although I'd be surprised if Hewitt wasn't to win here. Quite like his odds at 1.48 but need someone to back him up with. Was thinking about Sam Querrey but he lost to Rainer Schuettler at the Australian Open this year. H2H is 1-1 but the German's playing well. If Querrey serves well, he should be able to see it out as Schuettler will give him chances. Will have a ponder...

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Querrey as short fave, I switch off straight away. I usually do a mug accumulator in the first round of a slam and low and behold stuck Querrey in to beat Schuettler in Oz at some really short price around 1/4....lost in 3 or 4.........:lol...though I think he was returning from that arm injury around that time. Think he'll win tomorrow though.