Tennis - June 7-13

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 I'm going to go for a couple of outrights in the forthcoming tournaments... The AEGON Championships get under way at Queen's Club on the grass this week and I fancy Andy Murray to get to at least the final here. He has a fairly comfortable route to the semis, with only really Mardy Fish standing in his way as a credible opposition on grass. He's likely to face Rafael Nadal in the last four - no easy match but feel Murray has the better game on grass with bigger serve and good volleying. Nadal also comes off a two-week stint on clay and fatigue might be a problem. Murray doesn't seem to fear Nadal at present and does enjoy playing on the grass. As the defending champion, he'll want to win this one, and at 5.00 is worth a look IMO. He'll probably face Andy Roddick in the final, who is the favourite for the tournament at 3.75, but with 1/3 odds going back for getting to the final, I'm happy to play Murray. The other men's grass tournament is in Halle and Roger Federer should take all the beating here. At odds of 1.40, he really isn't worth playing and the value lies in backing a bigger price to get to the final. Nikolay Davydenko returns to the Tour but there's no way I can back the Russian on grass, one of his worst surfaces. That segment of the draw could be open and I quite like Lleyton Hewitt at odds of 15.00. The Australian will be looking to get off to a good start on the grass and doesn't face any real threats in his half. Mikhail Youzhny can blow hot or cold and I don't see Jurgen Melzer proving dangerous after his run on the clay at Roland Garros. The Slams mean everything to Hewitt, especially Wimbledon, and he'll want to prepare in the best way possible for this tournament. I think the odds of 15.00 are generous on a man who could easily make the final. Selections: - Andy Murray each way to win Queen's at 5.00 with Skybet (3/10) - Lleyton Hewitt each way to win Halle at 15.00 with Boylesports (2/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Sport Tennis Event 05:00 PM Phillip Petzschner(GER)(39) - Marcos Baghdatis(CYP)(30) Selection Phillip Petzschner(GER)(39) Strength 10/10 Date 07/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.85 (Back) Reasoning Will be first game on grass this year for both players.Petzschner will play in his country for this tournament and can be a great advantage for him.Also,Marcos Baghdatis is a good player on clay,on grass he being without great results last year.Can be 3 sets here,but I expect the German player to win this match.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 1pt e/w - Jurgen Melzer to win ATP Gerry Weber Open - 14/1 (bet365) Melzer has had an excellent run on the clay this year and I feel that the improvements he has made to his game stand him in good stead for the grass court season. His great performances at the French Open will have given him a winning mentality that he's lacked in the past. We saw him serve/volleying a lot throughout the French before he met his maker in Nadal, but even against Rafa he managed to keep it tight for some periods. If we look at the draw (http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/results/singles-draw/), he is in the opposite half to Federer. Of the seeds in his half, obviously Hewitt will be a threat but the Russians Davydenko and Youzhny have never particularly enjoyed playing on the grass. If Melzer turns up to this tournament with the right attitude he has the game to make the final. I think he is worth a small each way punt at 14/1.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13

When does Murray and the other seeds have there first games? had a look at tomorrows matches and not a name I could recognise from the list.
All seeded players have a bye into the second round, which begins on Tuesday.

Event Rohan Bopanna vs Thiemo de Bakker
Selection Over 22.5
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning De Bakker has had a decent clay court season but grass is not his favorite surface and I expect him to have a bit of struggle. Bopanna hac completed qualies here and looks just about fine to be able to give a decent performance today therefore keeping it close. 3 sets for me in this one ore over in 2 sets, including 1 tie break for sure.

Event Lukas Lacko vs Jeremy Chardy
Selection Lukas Lacko
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.63 (Back)
Reasoning Lacko had a very good tournament here last year when he won 5 matches including qualies. Lacko impresses me more than Chardy. The Frenchman has been very poor for a long, long time now. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to back him at this sort of price.

Event Viktor Troicki vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Selection Victor Troicki
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.86 (Back)
Reasoning This have a potential of being the match of the firs round. Im going with Troicki purely because of a better H2H record. I believe Troicki has just a little bit better all round game to play on grass surface. GGL has done nothing impressive lately and not sure he even wants to play at the moment. Well not on grass anyway, because clay is his preferred surface. So Troicki to win this one.

Event Kai-Chen Chang vs Ekaterina Makarova
Selection Over 21
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Two girls in terrible form so normally in these sort of circumstances toy have to go for 3-setter which is exactly what is going to happen here in my opinion. They have met twice before both matches coming earlier this year on clay and on both occasions there were 3 sets played. Today will be another long crappy match which will cover over. GL!

Event Melinda Czink vs Marina Erakovic
Selection Marina Erakovic
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning Czink has not won a match in ages. Since April to be precise. Erakovic is exactly the same but has played less matches anyway. As far Im concerned Erakovic has just a little bit better play on grass and in current circumstances and form as well as track record you have to go with Erakovic here. Besides she has won the only time they played 2gether.

Event Regina Kulikova vs Magdalena Rybarikova
Selection Magdalena Rybarikova
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning This is wrong for my liking. Kulikova arrived on big stage in Dubai earlier this year but has not managed to keep the same form and basically has done nothing impressive since then. Rybarikova is in poor form likewise but good news here about her is that she really loves grass and won a title last year on this surface. I think Magdalena will be too strong for Kulikova who might be well capable of getting a set but not more than that.

Event Yung-Jan Chan vs Sania Mirza
Selection Sania Mirza
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning Mirza is another of those players who only seem to be playing well for a couple of weeks during a year in June when it's time for grass court matches. She did very well on grass last year and has a very good chance to get a win today. Chan has not a match on grass in ages and it's not gonna happen today either. Mirza win here without any doubts.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Four bets for me in the tennis today... Rajeev Ram has had a pretty poor season, considering he won his maiden ATP Tour event in Newport last year. I can't quite put my finger on why he hasn't kicked on but it's clear from his past results that grass is a surface he enjoys playing on. That aforementioned Newport title was on grass, where he beat Sam Querrey to win that tournament. He takes on Karol Beck in the first round of Queen's and I feel he is attractively priced at 1.833 to get the job done. These two met on grass last year in Nottingham, with Ram prevailing 6-3 6-3. Ram lost to Alex Bogdanovic in three last week on the grass but that game will have prepared him for the grass here. Beck has yet to play on the grass and like Ram, he's not experienced the best of years. He beat Feliciano Lopez in five sets at Wimbledon last year, which is form to be wary of, but I feel this grass match might come a bit to soon for him. Ram has a big serve and loves to come to the net and volley. This surface is tailored to his game and I can see him being able to take this against a limited opponent. The match at Queen's between Taylor Dent and Kevin Anderson screams overs to me. Yes, the line is high at over 23.5 games at a price of 1.877, but I can see this one being a serve fest and a very tight match. Both men are huge servers and rely on that part of the game. Anderson perhaps has the faster serve because of his height, but Dent's is more accurate and he likes to come in on it a lot. Dent is not the player he once was but after his horrific injuries, I suspect he's just glad to be back playing tennis. He was truly dreadful against Robin Soderling at Roland Garros but clay is not his surface and he'll be happier on the grass. I feel the same can be said of Anderson, who will enjoy getting plenty of cheap points here. Neither man is a great server so I can see at least one tie-break and potentially a three setter. I feel the overs are the way to go here. Another American that I fancy to prevail at Queen's is Jesse Levine, who takes on Ryan Harrison. Much is expected of Harrison in the States and although he got one round further than Levine in the Nottingham challenger on grass last week (R3), I still feel Levine should have the edge here. Levine won their only previous encounter last year on a hard court and has a bit more experience of main tour events than his teenage counterpart. He's also a lefty and that could unnerve Harrison, who is still not used to playing many of those on the Tour. I expect Harrison to be a big player in time but for the moment, I feel Levine, a journeyman tennis player at best, has got more experienced and should be able to come through this. The -2 game handicap is attractive at 1.901 and I'll be playing that. Igor Kunitsyn and Illya Marchenko meet at Queen's too and I feel the bookies have priced this up incorrectly. Kunitsyn is currently 2.06 and I feel he should be the favourite for this match. Both men aren't vastly experienced on the grass but I feel Kunitsyn has the better game to adapt to it. Both men serve well enough but Kunitsyn is quite adept at the net - the Russian plays a lot of doubles and will know how to volley. Marchenko is still making his way on the Tour and has proven that he is a good indoor hard court player. I still question whether he is good enough yet to make inroads on other surfaces, however, and this match is therefore very winnable for Kunitsyn. Both men are on poor form but I feel the Russian should have the edge in this one. I'm happy to back him at over 2.00 to get the better of a less-experienced grass courter. Selections: - Rajeev Ram at 1.833 with Pinnacle (4/10) - Over 23.5 games between Taylor Dent and Kevin Anderson at 1.877 with Pinnacle (4/10) - Jesse Levine -2 games AH at 1.901 with Pinnacle (3/10) - Igor Kunitsyn at 2.06 with Canbet (3/10) :hope

Event Julie Coin vs Jarmila Groth
Selection Jarmila Groth -5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.86 (Back)
Reasoning Taking a bit of a risk here but hopefully it will pay of. Haven't seen Coin perform since a very long time. She has been even worst this year than she has been in the past. Groth has come back onto big stage and surely will be just too good for Julie here. Not sure she will be able to cover the handicap but I hope she will. Fingers crossed!

Event Jamie Baker vs Denis Istomin
Selection Denis Istomin -4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.03 (Back)
Reasoning This looks very good to me. Baker typical challenger tour player who has got a big shot here on the big stage but my gut feeling is that he might get humiliated. Istomin will not only beat him but will have a hammering lesson here. -4.5 games handicap looks like a gift because this is a no-match here!

Event Igor Kunitsyn vs Illya Marchenko
Selection Igor Kunitsyn
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.26 (Back)
Reasoning Despite the fact that Kuny is out of form and is struggling big time Im backing him to get back on track and to do it today. He loves grass and getting away from clay will really pump him up for this one. Marchenko is still a bit short for me at this level consistence-wise. He has had very poor results on the surface and not sure he should be counted as a favorite today. This is a bit of a mystery for me.

Event Jesse Levine vs Ryan Harrison
Selection Jesse Levine
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning Levine for me is a clear favorite in this one and should be rated under 1.6 I guess but will take what is offered. Levine had a great run @ Wimbledon last year and he really loves playing on grass. Have seen Harrison couple of times and have to admit that he might be a good player in future but at this point not sure he should be playing on ATP tour at age of 18 because he is not good enough. Simple as that.

Event Dudi Sela vs Chris Guccione
Selection Dudi Sela - 2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning This is the real deal for Sela. He got to 4th round @ Wimbledon last year and loves playing on grass. The only way Guccione can keep this close is by serving very well but Im not sure he can do that for 2 sets without any hiccups. If the firs serve is not working he will commit a suicide by playing serve@volley tennis on the second serve and that is going to be punished by Sela. All in all Sela is going to win this match. No chance for Aussie dude.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Here are the rest of my tips for today. Sorry for the spam, just wanted to get it posted on time!

1) Julien Benneteau vs Arnaud Clement. Benneteau to win. 1.73 @ Pinnacle

Not sure this is going to work for Clement because he is just too old and outdoor conditions will suit Benneteau more than they will suit Clement. There is really not much more to say. It can possible be close and I wouldnt be surprised if Clement get a set out of this but after all Julien is a clear favorite and will win this one.

2) Michal Przysiezny vs Gilles Muller. Muller to win. 1.62 @ William Hill This will be all about serve and Im afraid the Polish guy will struggle because of lack of it. Muller is back and it's good to see that. Can not see any other outcome here as Muller's win. Good luck!

3) Marcos Daniel vs Blaz Kavcic. Lay Daniel 3.47@ Betfair

Impossible for Daniel to win this one. He is way too old for this level these days and if he couldn't get wins on clay which is his preferred surface there is absolutely no reason to believe he will be able to get rid of a young and up-coming player like Kavcic.

4) Talyer Dent vs Kevin Anderson. Dent to win 1.92 @ Pinnacle

Great price on Dent here. Saw him in Paris and has to say that he looks very well and hadn't it be for Soderling he probably would have got further in the RG. Dent has got rid of his persistent back problems finally and is back on track. Anderson for me is still way too one-sided player and has just about serve and nothing else. Dent can beat him and will do it today. GL everybody. This price is not to be missed! 5) Kei Nishikori vs Richard Gasquet. Under 21.5 games. 1.91 @ Pinnacle

At first I wanted to take handicap on Gasquet but then I saw what a mess is offered at under games. Silly... I have nothing more to say. Nishikori is coming back form injury and playing in Challengers to get his ranking back but Gasquet is from different planet and especially on grass no chance for Nishikori. Even if can keep this close 6-4 6-4 will do today.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 there are plenty of matches taking place on the grass today and though there are many matches worth taking an interest in i am still a little disappointed by the draws! but anyway, here are a few prices that catch my eye! 1)dudi sela to beat guccione in halle aty 8-11 with boyles! i think there is a bit of a class difference here!! sela hasn't been in brilliant form this year but he has shown some signs of a return to form this last few weeks! he won a challenger event in rhodes greece on hard court a few weeks ago beating the likes of lu,muller and scheuttler on the way! he was competitive against melzer in the french open on clay which is a surface he really struggles on.....he doesn't have the power to hit through players on clay!! however, he should really welcome a return to the grass! he got to the fourth round of wimbledon last year beating schuettler and robredo to get there before finding djokovic to good! he thrives on pace, is a bit of a counter-puncher and most of all HE LOVES A TARGET!! he loves playing against these serve volley type of players which is exactly what guccione is!! guccione has a huge serve and when he's playing well, he certainly is dangerous but his form of late has been very suspect!! he lost last week on grass in straights to go soeda and his other three outings have been straight sets losses to daniel king turner, robby kendrick and go soeda (all players performing below sela's level) and 8-11 seems like a very generous price to me on sela in this one!! even though the grass should suit guccione, he has only been past the 1st round of wimbledon once before and that was because his first round opponent was alex bogdanovic!!! i also agree with psycho on lacko at 6-4! this is the value price for me to beat chardy whose form this year has been poor but i think he's a very limited player on grass! saw him last year against schuettler and it was just an error fest!! if lacko can remain solid i think he should get past the erratic chardy who is hardly full of confidence after the way he let leyton hewitt walk all over him in front of home support in roland garros! as psycho said lacko did well here last year, he took a set off youzny in the french open! his confidence is up!! chardy likes a little bit more time to set up his shots than he is going to get on the grass and he can get frustrated by this! only a small wager on this one though1

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Wow, poor loss from Ferrero in Halle. Anyway, agree with much of the tips so far........undecided which ones to pull the trigger on yet though. Levine looks a solid price 8/11 against Harrison....talented young kid but limited grass experience as opposed to Levine who is higher ranked and has a decent winning record on grass. I think Dent will beat Anderson aswell.....would say he has a bit more game though it will probably be a really tight match with one or two points making the difference. I'm gonna take Levine for now anyway.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 Malisse and Tursunov is on tomorrow but thinking of going with Malisse now.Both have a good history on grass(Malisse former semi-finalist at Wimbledon) but Tursunov is only returning recently from injury so looks like a good time to oppose him. Positives for him are that he's played a few matches on grass in the last 2 weeks but he lost to Ilhan last week who would have limited experience on grass and although he won 2 qualies at Queens in recent days, beating Daniel Evans and Greg Jones both in 3 sets is not so impressive. Though Malisse retired in the 3rd set against Ferrer at the French so want to check what that was all about, think it was only a strained hamstring.

Event Philipp Petzschner vs Marcos Baghdatis
Selection Marcos Baghdatis -3 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning Had a bit of thought about this one. Baghdatis is a class act here. Petzschner has what it takes to give him a real run for his money but my problem with the German player here is that he loses sets by big margins like 1-6 very often therefore Im having a crack at -3 games handy on Baghdatis. This could be done even in a close match but with Petzscnher's style of game younever know what you'll get from him.

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 2 more tips from me today...

Event Alex Bogdanovic vs Grigor Dimitrov
Selection Grigor Dimitrov
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.42 (Back)
Reasoning Dimitrov actally had a decent tournament here last time around and was very close to upsetting Gilles Simon in 2nd round as he wasted multiple setpoints in one of the first two sets. The Bulgarian has a decent grass court game and I think he is underestimated here which is totally wrong. Bogdanovic has done nothing to be such a huge favorite here. Probably 3 sets here but Dimitrov to win in the end.
Event Evgeny Korolev vs Santiago Giraldo
Selection Santiago Giraldo
Strength 10/10
Date 07/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Everything is wrong about Korolev at the moment and he just can not buy a win no matter what surface. Giraldo is a no world beater but in current circumstances should be counted as a clear favorite just because he has some sort of confidence which can not be said about Korolev. Colombian win here for me!

Re: Tennis - June 7-13 karol beck to beat rajeev ram at 8-11 2 points! karol beck loves fast surfaces and his favourite surface has to be grass! last year he beat grass court specialist feliciano lopez in wimbledon (lopez has twice been a quarter finalist at wimby) then he lost in the second round in 5 grueling sets to nicolas almagro who is a classy player even on grass so he is certainly capable of mixing with the big boys(he's also beaten tommmy haas at the australian open)! his ranking has dropped in recent years due to a drug ban and injury problems but his form this year has improved! he has won two challengers, one in serbia where he beat tipseravic in the final and though he hasn't done much over the last few weeks, i wouldnt put it down to a loss of form as he has never liked the clay much!! ram really came out of nowhere to beat sam querrey in the final at pilot pen last year (on grass) but he really hasn't done much since! he has lost his last 5 matches to ginepri, james ward, marco crugnola, yuri schukin and alex bogdanovic and generally he has been on the wrong end of some heavy defeats so far this season(koellerer and odesnik)! he will welcome the arrival of the grass court season and he certainly has ability!! big serve and a big forehand!! but he is very inconsistent and not very confident at the moment! beck's most recent form has also been patchy but both men should consider the grass court season as a chance to pick up points and i feel that beck just has the better pedigree and will mentally tougher if the match gets tight which i am sure it probably will!! i also like naomi broadys chances against shenay perry at 7-4!! value price for a small punt!! broady is decent and pushed zvonareva all the way in the first round of wimbledon last year after she came through qualification!! perry on a very poor run of defeats the last one being to olivia sanchez in the french and i don't expect her to be quite as comfortable on the grass as broady who has had plenty of practice on the surface1

I'm going to go for a couple of outrights in the forthcoming tournaments... The AEGON Championships get under way at Queen's Club on the grass this week and I fancy Andy Murray to get to at least the final here. He has a fairly comfortable route to the semis, with only really Mardy Fish standing in his way as a credible opposition on grass. He's likely to face Rafael Nadal in the last four - no easy match but feel Murray has the better game on grass with bigger serve and good volleying. Nadal also comes off a two-week stint on clay and fatigue might be a problem. Murray doesn't seem to fear Nadal at present and does enjoy playing on the grass. As the defending champion, he'll want to win this one, and at 5.00 is worth a look IMO. He'll probably face Andy Roddick in the final, who is the favourite for the tournament at 3.75, but with 1/3 odds going back for getting to the final, I'm happy to play Murray. The other men's grass tournament is in Halle and Roger Federer should take all the beating here. At odds of 1.40, he really isn't worth playing and the value lies in backing a bigger price to get to the final. Nikolay Davydenko returns to the Tour but there's no way I can back the Russian on grass, one of his worst surfaces. That segment of the draw could be open and I quite like Lleyton Hewitt at odds of 15.00. The Australian will be looking to get off to a good start on the grass and doesn't face any real threats in his half. Mikhail Youzhny can blow hot or cold and I don't see Jurgen Melzer proving dangerous after his run on the clay at Roland Garros. The Slams mean everything to Hewitt, especially Wimbledon, and he'll want to prepare in the best way possible for this tournament. I think the odds of 15.00 are generous on a man who could easily make the final. Selections: - Andy Murray each way to win Queen's at 5.00 with Skybet (3/10) - Lleyton Hewitt each way to win Halle at 15.00 with Boylesports (2/10) :hope
i dont see any murray, you said is facing Nadal at semi,and roddick at final.How can he beat Nadal this murray i dont know. Nadal is a grass slam winner already while he reached the final couple of times, what murray did? Plus the fact that roddick is HUGE for murray in my opinion Murray is average at this moment, dont overestimate him

i dont see any murray, you said is facing Nadal at semi,and roddick at final.How can he beat Nadal this murray i dont know. Nadal is a grass slam winner already while he reached the final couple of times, what murray did? Plus the fact that roddick is HUGE for murray in my opinion Murray is average at this moment, dont overestimate him
Hi AndrewMurray, nice to see you again, since when did people from Copenhagen post from a Cypriot IP address?