** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May

Sorry to be so keen but most firms have priced this race up already.... 3.20 Newmarket This looks a mouthwatering contest and I think the trio to concentrate on are Bagamayo, Pastoral Player and SWILLY FERRY. The last two clashed over course and distance in April and Swilly Ferry was unlucky when meeting trouble in running. The last named then met Bagamayo over the same track and trip last time out when both were behind Jack My Boy, but this race is likely to be run much differently and I think there is a good chance Barry Hills' colt can reverse the form. 20/1 VC Bet, 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 2:15 Newmarket - Green Moon - 1pt Won well last time out in a good handicap race beating a horse I really like who is Monterosso. Won by 4 lengths too which was very impressive. Takes a big step up in class but I feel he has alot more to come and this could be very winnable. Would have weight in hand if this was a handicap but has to cope with running off the same weight as his main challanger, Alrasm who is around 12lbs ahead of him in the handicap ratings. I dont think that's an insurmountable task and he has a serious chance to progress here, Spencer takes the ride and that's ideal for a horse who will hopefully try to make all again like he did last time. It's the only situation when I enjoy seeing Spencer on my choice!

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 15:20 Newmarket This looks a very nice affair with many in the race expected to improve. Take Ten looks on a fair mark in my opinion. He had a very nice season last year as a 2 year old with 7 runs in total where he managed two wins - one in a maiden race over 5 furlongs at Thirsk and one in a handicap over today's trip of 6 furlongs in quick conditions where he absolutely bolted up off a mark of 73. Ran in three sales races since then, one at Doncaster over 7 furlongs where he finished 5/19 and two creditable efforts on this track, one over 7 furlongs and one over course and distance which was his best effort, going down by only a head to Society Rock who has since won and placed at Listed level (both this season). In the 7 furlong race he was 3rd to Oasis Dancer and was another 4 lengths clear of 4th place. Oasis Dancer has since beaten Balducci by 2 lengths in handicap company off a mark of 93 which is another piece of form that works out well as Balducci has since won the Silver Bowl at Haydock. Oasis Dancer was also deemed good enough to run in the Group 1 Irish 2,000 Guineas last weekend. Back on to Take Ten who made his reappearance at Sandown last month where he finished 4/7, trip may have been a bit sharp and he he was also eased down towards the finish when beaten so would have arguably finished closer if he had kept going. Mark Johnston is starting to fire in the winners again and a lot of his under-performers LTO have gone on to win lately so I see no reason why Take Ten can't land this race, especially with some decent form to his name and he should definately appreciate the step back up to 6 furlongs, especially with the ground set to be Good To Firm. E/W Take Ten @ 12/1 (>Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May I'm really liking the look, and price of Georgebernardshaw in the 3.30 at Haydock. He has some pretty decent form from his days with O'Brien and his run last time wasn't as bad it might have seemed, and any rain won't bother him. He obviously has a bit to find with some of the market leaders but I think he could go really well at 25/1 widely available. I'm not counting him as one of my bets on my thread, if that's ok as I just fancy him more than we're going for him, but I might just try a small each-way on him.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May Haydock 5:20. Eton Forever. LAY. (2.5 Victor Chandler) A pretty impressive winner on only his second start, the money has poured in for this one in his first start in handicap company. The form of that last race has been franked by the second going on to win next time. Can the selection win this one too? Of course he can. But frankly the current price offers value only to the layers. It's almost as though backers have forgotten this is a handicap. There are a number of others in the race who have shown promising runs in the past, and who also have scope for improvement. Just as one example is another winner last time out who will be receiving 8lbs from the favourite. The win the selection had was in a maiden, and this is a step up in class. Furthermore, that was over the AW; we have yet to see evidence of an equal performance on the turf. Enough reasons for me to see good value in laying this one.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 650 Stratford: Merchant Red 1pt (14/1 WHill bog) I think this one is overpriced at 14/1, should be 8/9 in my opinion. Was improving over fences before getting injured in 2008, beat Lease Lend and Deep Purple on one run. Made his comeback in April when showing up well before getting tired and weakening, that was over a longer trip too so might have been another reason for tiring. Back at two miles next time here he was just getting in to the race when unseating and now Sam Thomas takes over in a field where more than one horse needs to put poor runs behind them, I just think he will either be spot on and too good for these or will still have jumping issues so will go for the win bet.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 4.35 Catterick Lucky dan ran out a career best last time out when running out a very impressive winner when held up at Chester (which not many horses can do) if he returns here 7 days later in anywhere near that sort of form he could take this off a 5lb mark having earnt himself more credit in my eyes having met trouble in his run to the front and went away winning and I am surprised to see him such a big price. A decent gallop should be assured with favourite girl and solar spirit in the lineup and plenty of others likely to force the early pace. 1pt win lucky dan 7/2 bet365

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 14:45 Newmarket - Dashing Doc 0.5 pts @ 22/1 (Sportingbet) Was a C&D winner last term and was very surprised to see a price as large as this. Acts well on the fast ground and pedigree suggests that he can do even better than before. Weights are fine, and jockey is 1 from 4 here. Value pick in my eyes.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 4:10 Haydock - Royal Exhange - Back Ok, so it's a really boring selection but this looks typically tough for a Saturday and I'm keen to protect the profit that I've worked hard to build this month. Royal Exchange made a really pleasing debut when a good 2nd to a smart type whos is in a big race at Royal Ascot next month. Nothing of that ilk in this race today to stop him, and he should win this hard held on the steel. Probably by at least 5 lengths. Bombproof banker for me 1pt win 1/4 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May Stratford 19.20 Lord Jay Jay 1 pt W SJ/VC 34.00 "He is trying to make it all. Last jump. Lord Jay Jay went clear and he made it all" . LOL i just want to hear the voice of the commentary. Ok, now serious. THe race is strong. King troy showed good form last season, before finishing early with a fall. It's very questionable if will be able to get back such a form. North island is very much in doubt if will handle in such quality opposition. Lord Jay Jay is proven one. Do not find his form after missing almost entire season. Both runs in Aintry were disapointments. Now after another month off is coming to his favorite ground. Had a win on the track and is known that may run well with such weights. The yard is in amazing form after the break of seasons 1 from 2 in the chases, 2 from 8 in the hurdles.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 4.50 Beverley - One Scoop Or Two e/w @ 28/1 VC bog Was given an awful ride lto by the young amateur and could have easily won. Better race this time, but the horse seems to be well handicapped and the run lto was very promising. A lot more experienced rider this time and a very generous price.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May Newmarket 3.20: Above Limits 0.5pts e/w @ 40/1 Stan James BOG Jamie Spencer has a decent level stakes profit and strike rate for this yard and think this one has decent claims in this today. Ran well over 6f as a 2yo at Ascot in the Group 3 Albany Stakes - weakened over last half furlong however should be a stronger three year old which may make trip more manageable. Has good speed so should be up with pace and looks a big price IMO with conditions to suit.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May Excellent Guest 3:10 Often like these bottom weights in sprint hcaps to sneak in the money. Has won of a mark of 80 last season and only beat 3/4 length of a pound higher last week. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 3.25 - Catterick - Hajoum BOG @6.50 Paddypower ***** This ex Saeed Bin Suroor horse I believe to be a lot better than a class 3 handicapper! It's now in the very capable hands of Mark Johnston who has had quite a mediocre season for his standards so far. However the signs are that the stable are about to turn the corner and I'm expecting it to explode with winners very soon. Hajoum had it's 1st ever run for Johnston earlier this month in a 5f sprint hcp at chepstow where it was run off it's feet from the offset, however it made headway in the final furlong to finish 5th. I think the horse will be a lot more competitive over this 7f today and judging by it's entries this is a stepping stone onto bigger and better things! :ok

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May 4.45 Haydock BOW TO NO ONE went into the notebook last time out at Ascot when 2nd. The horse looked the winner 1f out but didnt quite get there. Fallon rides it again and the owner was keen to have him ride again. The price is bigger than i expected. 2lb higher than last run. win @ 16/1 Stan James

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May

Sorry to be so keen but most firms have priced this race up already.... 3.20 Newmarket This looks a mouthwatering contest and I think the trio to concentrate on are Bagamayo, Pastoral Player and SWILLY FERRY. The last two clashed over course and distance in April and Swilly Ferry was unlucky when meeting trouble in running. The last named then met Bagamayo over the same track and trip last time out when both were behind Jack My Boy, but this race is likely to be run much differently and I think there is a good chance Barry Hills' colt can reverse the form. 20/1 VC Bet, 1 pt win
Nice one! :ok

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May :notworthytake a bow, Fin son!!! awesome!

World class shout mate in possibly the hardest race of the day. Different gravy that son

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May I'll take a bow myself too :notworthy Romps in at 6/1 :nana

3.25 - Catterick - Hajoum BOG @6.50 Paddypower ***** This ex Saeed Bin Suroor horse I believe to be a lot better than a class 3 handicapper! It's now in the very capable hands of Mark Johnston who has had quite a mediocre season for his standards so far. However the signs are that the stable are about to turn the corner and I'm expecting it to explode with winners very soon. Hajoum had it's 1st ever run for Johnston earlier this month in a 5f sprint hcp at chepstow where it was run off it's feet from the offset, however it made headway in the final furlong to finish 5th. I think the horse will be a lot more competitive over this 7f today and judging by it's entries this is a stepping stone onto bigger and better things! :ok

4:10 Haydock - Royal Exhange - Back Ok, so it's a really boring selection but this looks typically tough for a Saturday and I'm keen to protect the profit that I've worked hard to build this month. Royal Exchange made a really pleasing debut when a good 2nd to a smart type whos is in a big race at Royal Ascot next month. Nothing of that ilk in this race today to stop him, and he should win this hard held on the steel. Probably by at least 5 lengths. Bombproof banker for me 1pt win 1/4 Bet365 BOG
I'm considering giving up after that result. Not Hughes' finest hour by a long way, but that horse should have won anyway. Absolute sickener

I'm considering giving up after that result. Not Hughes' finest hour by a long way' date=' but that horse should have won anyway. Absolute sickener[/quote'] Thats why its 1/4 and not 1/100 I suppose. I got to be honest, I'm glad it was so short, as I lumped on it last time the night before at around evens before it was withdrawn. Couldnt touch it today at 1/4, but thats more because of my aversion to ridiculously short prices. I wouldnt have layed it if you know what I mean. Unlucky though, these results happen, and its why the bookies turn over profits year after year.

Great tipping and reasoning Fintron :clap

Re: Best bet of the day - Sat 29th May Pinewood Legend 9.10 Cartmel 10-1 William Hill (BOG) Not the strongest race and not the most confident selection but this horse won a novices handicap hurdle off 82 by 6 lengths and goes off 88 today. 6 jockeys have been on board over the last 7 races and Graeme Lee is the only one to have won on it, he is on board again tonight. Quite lightly raced for an 8 year old and has a few recent 3rd places.

I'm considering giving up after that result. Not Hughes' finest hour by a long way' date=' but that horse should have won anyway. Absolute sickener[/quote'] Some horses make a career of being just beaten in tight finishes, probably because they don't have quite the fight and determination when it gets tough. Maybe this is one such horse?