** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2011 (+30pts)

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bets - 68 Places - 9 Wins - 17 Lost - 41 Void - 1 Bank - 225pts P/L - 25pts Another poor day. I cannot seem to get a run of winning days together at the moment :( Oh well, I am enjoying watching the races, and have been given plenty of pointers so far from the thread. I am unsure why, but I was refunded one of my bets yesterday. Perhaps as Captain james Cook sadly broke down? Either way, I have noted this down as being 'void'. 3 more today, all in Ireland.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 REITERATION - Leapordstown - 16.05 The fact the just 4 have turned out for this race means that there are no E/W bets allowed. As Reiteration is around the 6/1 mark, I am leaving this one. I just cannot see passed Midas Touch, despite Reiteration's recent good effort at Gowran.

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 69 - ATASARI - Leopardstown - 16.35 Atasari was a really classy 2 year old, an has very good form in the book, most notably fiishing a very close second to Music Show. Music Show has gone from strength to strength and despite Atasari's hanging badly and finishing down the field last time out, that run should be discounted as she is beter than that. If things click for her today thn we could see a return to form for a relly exciting filly. 2pts win @ 7/4

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 70 - FAMOUS NAME - Leopardstown - 17.05 A samll field go to post for this one, and it should really be a formality for Famous Name. Ran consistently well last season, before winning a Listed contest here on his seasonal debut. He was an easy winner that day, despite not favouring the going. That is back in his favour today, and with Duff being his only serious rival he should take all the beating. The fact that Duff has not yet ran this season and could be a little behind Famous Name also plays into the selection's hands. A really strong fancy this. 2pts win @ 2/5

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 71 - GOLD RULES - Warwick 15.40 Gold Rules won nicely on his seasonal debut on the AW last month, and it looks as if he is ahead of the handicapper. Sticks to the 1 mile trip again here today, and should take all the beating. Kieren Fallon takes the ride, and he seems to have bounced back to a bit of form in recent days. This does look tight at the top of the market, but at around 11/4, Gold Rules seems like a very fair price and should go in again here. 2pts win @ 3/1 Bet 72 - FEET OF FURY - Warwick - 17.40 Still a maiden after 11 career starts, Feet of Fury cannot be seen as a reliable winner, but he is consistent enough to merit a place on my horses to follow list. He runs well, and one of these days it will all fall into place for him, hopefully at rewarding odds. This does look competitive though, and a place may be the target here. He did, however, run well 3 weeks ago on his first run of the season, and if he can build on that then he should make his presence felt. 1pt E/W @12/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Right, lots has happened here over the last few days. I was right to ignore Reiteration, he did not strike a blow. Famous Name won well, as hoped, albeit at a very short price. Gold Rules placed, after drifting in the market and Feet of Fury was out of the frame. Today, although not posted up here, Showcasing placed in the big sprint at York, and Deauville Flyer won at nice odds of 8/1. Think Its All Over was not able to strike a blow in the finale. Although I was not able to post up the selections for today, they were backed (receipts are available ;) ), so I have included them in the P/L of the thread. More to come from the Dante meeting tomorrow... Bets - 75 Places - 10 Wins - 19 Lost - 45 Void - 1 Bank - 232pts P/L - 32pts

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 76 - MIDDAY - York - 14.10 Surely one of the most consistent fillies in training, Midday heads to the Middleton Stakes were her stable infantastic nick, and her rider, Eddie Ahearn also in very good form. last year was incredible for Midday, capped off with her fine win at the Breeders Cup. She will have to be 100% fit and ready for this one however, with Sariska having the benefit of a run under her belt already this season. At 15/8, she looks tremendous value however, based on what she has achieved in the past, and I expect her to go VERY close here today. 2pts win @ 15/8 Bets 77 and 78 WORKFORCE and CAPE BLANCO - York - 14.40 Time to see if the talking horse can live up to his reputation. If he wins, then we have a new Derby favourite. If he flops, then the Derby will continue to be an absolutely wide open betting heat. Workforce has only been seen once on the racecourse, when he won a very average looking maiden last term. The second that day has gone on to win a couple of times, but that form alone is not enough to have propelled him into second favouritism for the Derby. he has been the subject of decent reports from the stable, but rider, Ryan Moore, was attempting to play these down yesterday. We will have to wait and see what he has turned into, but he could be very special if the reports are accurate. Cape Blanco goes to post representing Ballydoyle. They seem to have found a little bit of form recently, and he has got to be respected. Unbeaten last term, he has yet to race this season, but he has looked to be a smart prospect from day 1. Despite not enjoying his most recent race due to the soft ground, he won, and with conditions back in his favour today then he should be capable of a big run. At odds of 4/1, he is twice the price of Workforce, and, in my opinion he has proved more than Workforce has already - thus makinjg the 4/1 excellent value. 2 x 2pts win bets at 2/1 and 4/1 Bets 79 and 80 ACROSTIC and RAINBOW PEAK - York 15.10 Two more contest the 15.10 at York, and both are making their seasonal debuts. Firstly, Rainbow Peak. He is unbeaten in 3 starts to date, and has won races at the bigger tracks like Newbury and Ascot. He is said to be a group horse in the making, and despite dropping back to a mile here today, he should have enough class and talent to ensure he is fighting out the finish. The race does look open, but at 4/1, he has got to be in with a better chance than most. Acrostic runs for the Cumani yard, and he too is a very decne tanimal. Raced a number of times last year, he vbery much has a progressive profile to him. if he can overcome his latest 3lbs penalty, then he has got to be in with a chance. He has run well over course and distance before, so knows what to expect. At 11/2 he could well be an E/W bet to nothing. Rainbow Peak - 2pts win @ 4/1 Acrostic 1pt E/W @ 11/2

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 81 - CYGNET - Newmarket - 19.25 Luca Cumani likes this one, and is hoping that he is able to show his full potential this season. He needs to be carefully treated, and it looks like Cumani could have found a decent race for him here. Despite being sent off favourite last time out, Cygnet finished down the field. He is still one to keep an eye on though, as that was his first race for a while, and should have tuned him up ready for a race like this. The field looks weak, and the fact that he is 5/1 to me looks like he is an E/W bet to nothing, in a heat he should be winning. 1pt E/W @ 5/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 82 - MUFARRH - Newmarket - 20.00 With fancy entries, Mufarrh was clearly expected to be a group horse in the making. However, that seems to be a bit optimistic, but a race like this could be within his capabilities. Last time out he pulled far too hard, and the trip beat him. Dropping back down to a mile here today, he should not be found out for stamina, and with question marks over one or two of the others in the field, 7/1 looks like a nice E/W price for a horse that was once thought capable of winning a Guineas... 1pt E/W @ 7/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010

good call on Cape Blanco Alex :clap Rainbow Peak was coming back at them fast later on too, it wont be long till that is winning again.
Rainbow Peak is the best horse of the three. Firm ground and trip too sharp over here was his undoing today. Same weights and he'll beat those two at least a length nto.

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 83 - INLER - Newbury - 14.20 A bit of a talking horse before his debut last year, when he was heavily backed before cruising to a decisive win over 6f at Newmarket. Was also being talked up before his tilt at the Guineas earlier in the month. He did not travel at all well that day, and was well beaten. It seems that the trip of 8f does not suit, so a drop back to 6f today should aid him. He is a nice looking type, and his connections will be eager for him to get back to winning ways, something which he should do in this company. 2pts win Bet 84 - PRINCIPAL ROLE - Newbury - 14.55 Things are yet to click with Principal Role, despite her winning her first race, she hs not found things easy since. Her run in the Nell gwyn was acceptable, over a trip that may be in sufficient. last time out, she was not far beaten over 1m2f, after being heavily backed. She needs to have come on for that, and if she settles well today, she should get the gallop that will help her get the trip and hopefully make the frame. 1pt E/W @ 5/1 Bet 85 - TRIP THE LIGHT - Hamilton - 20.00 Trip The Light was the thread's first winner, when he won at nice odds at Catterick. That was a career best for him, and he disappointed last time out, when he was well held at Epsom. It did not seem that the track suited him that day, and although this is a step up in class, he is a tough performer who knows how to win. The trip will suit, as will the ground, and there is a chance he could make the frame here, at rewarding odds. 1pt E/W Bet 86 - COOL STRIKE - York - 14.10 An absolute belter of a race on paper this one. Cool Strike ran well last time out on his seasonal debut to bag 2nd place behind Sherman McCoy at bath a few weeks ago. That run should have got him right, and this is a race in which he is capable of striking a blow. He is a very consistent type, who does not often run a bad race. If he gets settled, and gets a lead here, he could be making the frame. 1pt E/W @ 10/1 Bet 87- MANIFEST - York - 14.40 Never out the places, and ran an absolute cracker last time at Newbury, finishing second to Harbinger. That is strong form, and a repeat of that performance here could be enough to lower the colours of Kite Wood. He is unexposed when compared to most of the rest of the field, and could well be out of the very top draw. The way he won his race last year was eye catching, but the form was upped in the Group 3 last month. The trip is bang on for him today, and he should be there at the end. 2pts win @ 3/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 88 - MUWAKABA - York - 15.10 Muwakaba has only seen the racecourse once, but that resulted in her winning a decnet enough looking Fillies maiden at Kempton. She is very well related, with plenty of winners in the family, and she is not nearly as exposed as some of the rest of the field. Unfortunately, this race has cut up to just 5 runners rather than 8, thus the E/W terms being affected. She does, however, stand a decnet chance here, with the field being very closely matched on paper. 2pts win @ 4/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 89 - LORD SHANAKIL - Newbury - 15.05 Great renewal of the Lockinge this year, and with E/W paying 3 places, Lord Shanakil can take advantage of that. Already a Group 1 winner, shows he has the class needed to win this, but he disappointed last time out at The Breeders Cup. If he can bounce back to the Group 1 form, then he can put pressure on the favourite, Paco Boy. 1pt E/W @ 10/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 90 - STRIKING SPIRIT - Newbury - 15.40 Nearly won on his reappearance, and if that has got him in shape, then this race could be his. He likes to get to the front, and if he gets there today then I think he will be hard to catch. Stepping back up to the 6f trip should suit aswell, as all his career wins have been over that distance. 1pt E/W @ 5/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 91 - CHIBERTA KING - Newmarket 15.25 Really consistent type, who ran a cracker to finish second at the course last time out, after his winter break. Again, this should have him ready, and if he travels as well as he did last time, and gets to the front early enough he should stay on nicely and make the frame at the very least. 2pts win @ 7/2

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Not a bad day, with a place in the Lockinge, a win at Newmarket and an unplaced at Newbury. HOWEVER... gg.com have stitched me up again. Not for the first time, I did not receive an email alert for a horse that went on to win. So, GREEN LIGHTNING won at 12/1 at Newmarket, and I received the result on my phone, but not the alert :( I had not backed him, so cannot include him in my P/L, but I am so angry :( Still, a decent profit from today kind of makes up for it...

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010

Not a bad day, with a place in the Lockinge, a win at Newmarket and an unplaced at Newbury. HOWEVER... gg.com have stitched me up again. Not for the first time, I did not receive an email alert for a horse that went on to win. So, GREEN LIGHTNING won at 12/1 at Newmarket, and I received the result on my phone, but not the alert :( I had not backed him, so cannot include him in my P/L, but I am so angry :( Still, a decent profit from today kind of makes up for it...
Have you seen the horse tracker on Irish-Racing.com? reliable, Ive never had any problems with it :ok

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Thanks fin :) I know there will always be errors etc, but I am pretty gutted, as that missed alert has cost me a few hundred pound. Also, I can see the other side of things, where I should have noticed he was running myself :( Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 92 - SHINTOH - Navan - 17.15 ON paper, this looks like a straight fight between Shintoh and Encompassing... Encompassing flopped when appearing last week in the Dee Stakes, and unless things are very different tomorrow, he may have it all to do against the very well bred Shintoh. Entered in the fancy Group 1 Irish races, Shintoh has not been seen for over 200 days, so fitness must be taken on trust, but if he is ready for this then he could run out a nice winner. Encompassing's last effort was really disappointing, and if Shintoh is to win the big races he should be winning this sort of race. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bet 93 - DEIRDRE - Goodwood - 14.35 Despite running well on her reappearance at Newbury, Deirdre has not yet hit the form she is expected to be capable of. She ran poorly last time out, but the trainer remains bullish on her chances. She has been identified as a horse to follow by the trainer, and one day soon I hope that things will click for her and she can win a race. Today looks tough, but at rewarding odds, a place is not an impossibility. 1pt E/W @ 12/1

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 BETS 94 AND 95 - WASEET AND RASHAAD - GOODWOOD - 15.45 Two go to post in this interesting looking race. With an odds on favourite, there are better prices about my 2 selections, and hopefully this will end up in a nice return. Rashaad is th more prominent in the betting, at 13/2. Only seen at the racecourse twice, he won his initial race at Doncaster after being heavily backed. Last time out he ran with credit to finish 3rd at Newmarket. That should hae tuned him up, and for a horse who holds Derby and King George entries, he should be making an impact at this level. Waseet is trading at 8/1. He did not seem to be ready for the race course when last seen out at Sandown in the classic trial. He is better than that, and should put in a far better performance here today. With 9 runners going to post, we have great conditions for E/W bets, and 2 E/W bets are advised. 2 x 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's Flat Season Thread 2010 Bets - 95 Places - 12 Wins - 24 Lost - 58 Void - 1 Bank - 242pts P/L - 42pts Deirdre seems to be settling into races better now, and was placed in a competitive race at 20/1 today. I doubt she will be that sort of price next time out.....