** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Just need to moan for a minute...

Dodger

Winning this hand would almost have gtd a final table place... ***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 678779058 ***** NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee, Level:12 Blinds(300/600-60 ante) - Sunday, April 04, 19:47:22 GMT 2010 *HOT! Turbo Chaser $5000 Guaranteed NLH#372271 Table 3 9-max (Real Money) Seat 2 is the button Total number of active players : 9 Seat 1: ritta ( 5,099.75 ) Seat 2: psaras team ( 21,719.41 ) Seat 3: Varco ( 10,884 ) Seat 4: bonce11134 ( 6,545 ) Seat 5: AL BANCO ( 12,026.50 ) Seat 6: C8_KRW ( 8,037 ) Seat 7: trueblue ( 14,575 ) Seat 8: gyongyi ( 10,823.38 ) Seat 9: Douser ( 6,560 ) Tourney Level:12 Blinds(300/600-60 ante) psaras team posts ante [60] Varco posts ante [60] bonce11134 posts ante [60] AL BANCO posts ante [60] C8_KRW posts ante [60] trueblue posts ante [60] gyongyi posts ante [60] Douser posts ante [60] ritta posts ante [60] Varco posts small blind [300] bonce11134 posts big blind [600] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to Douser [ Ac, Ah ] AL BANCO folds C8_KRW folds trueblue folds gyongyi folds Douser raises to [1,980] ritta folds psaras team goes all-in psaras team raises to [21,659.41] :nana:nana:nana Varco folds bonce11134 folds Douser calls [4,520] Douser goes all-in :cash:cash:cash Returning uncalled bet [15,159.41] to psaras team ** Showdown ** psaras team shows [ Js, Jh ]:D:cash:D Douser shows [ Ac, Ah ]:nana:nana:nana ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7h, 2d, 6h ]:nana:clap:nana ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]:@:puke:sad ** Dealing River ** [ Kh ] ** Hand Conclusion ** psaras team wins 14,440 from main pot with three of a kind, Jacks ************ Game 678779058 ends ************ -------------------------------------- Ah well...that's poker! Five minutes later was playing a home game with my kids and their mates, then dominoes to finish the night off...the stuffed Aces virtually unmentioned. I'll be back for more today with no tilting, no cross words, happy to get my chips in while well in front. Sometimes Poker can cause short, sharp pain...but in the long run it's a smashing game to be involved with. :ok

Re: Just need to moan for a minute... I played 8 tournaemnts last night and managed to get knocked out of 4 of them whilst holding Aces:sad. Defeated by QQ, KJ, 99, and 43o:cry Ironically in the BTB tourney, I had a couple of strong hands AK and JJ in successive hands and both times got called by Aces:loon and the bloody things held up!!:tongue2

Re: Just need to moan for a minute...

I played 8 tournaemnts last night and managed to get knocked out of 4 of them whilst holding Aces:sad. Defeated by QQ, KJ, 99, and 43o:cry Ironically in the BTB tourney, I had a couple of strong hands AK and JJ in successive hands and both times got called by Aces:loon and the bloody things held up!!:tongue2
If you look through the entire hand histories for all 8 tournaments, how many times did you win with Aces? It may be that you lost with Aces at pretty much exactly the rate you were supposed to. Also, how many people did you take to the flop with you on the hands your Aces lost? Were you all in pre flop, or did you lose your stacks in post flop play? Dont get me wrong, I'm not moaning about a bad beat thread (as I usually do :tongue2) - this is in Poker Chat, so, IMO, totally legitimate - I just feel that if we can help you (and everyone else who feels similarly beseiged) understand that what happened is totally normal and to be expected, it could help your game :ok

If you look through the entire hand histories for all 8 tournaments, how many times did you win with Aces? It may be that you lost with Aces at pretty much exactly the rate you were supposed to. Also, how many people did you take to the flop with you on the hands your Aces lost? Were you all in pre flop, or did you lose your stacks in post flop play? Dont get me wrong, I'm not moaning about a bad beat thread (as I usually do :tongue2) - this is in Poker Chat, so, IMO, totally legitimate - I just feel that if we can help you (and everyone else who feels similarly beseiged) understand that what happened is totally normal and to be expected, it could help your game :ok
I never win with Aces;). I wasn't actually that bothered (well maybe with the 43o in the bubble of a tourney) with the beats, they happen. The most pertinent thing I ever heard on this subject was the stat of Aces vs 72o is about 80/20 but if you had then same exact hands five times, the Aces are not a favourite to win all five. Or something like that!

Re: Just need to moan for a minute... AA v 72 (4 suits) is 87% v 13% - so if you got that match up 8 times, then the 72o should win 1 of them. However, if your AA is all in pre flop against 72o, 93o and 45o, then your AA will win less than 2 times out of 3. Add in a TJs and your Aces will lose more hands than they win. That's why it's important to raise your aces and not slow play them

That's why it's important to raise your aces and not slow play them
YES YES YES! I've learnt that the hard way, as I'm sure others have! Just how many players do you see slow play aces though, I lose count.

Re: Just need to moan for a minute... Don't you hate when this happens PokerStars Game #42567010516: Tournament #306010511, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2010/04/12 20:03:21 WET [2010/04/12 15:03:21 ET] Table '306010511 522' 9-max Seat #5 is the button Seat 1: Mikkado (4905 in chips) Seat 2: joca999 (2975 in chips) Seat 3: SunchlLd (2810 in chips) is sitting out Seat 4: wellyone (2525 in chips) Seat 5: PORSCHACO79 (4450 in chips) Seat 6: pokermax 223 (3100 in chips) Seat 7: Rebel Fitz (1300 in chips) Seat 8: Kirbi74 (9850 in chips) Seat 9: gregor7878 (3100 in chips) pokermax 223: posts small blind 75 Rebel Fitz: posts big blind 150 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Rebel Fitz [As Ad] Kirbi74 has timed out Kirbi74: folds Kirbi74 is sitting out gregor7878: folds Mikkado: folds joca999: folds SunchlLd: folds wellyone: folds PORSCHACO79: folds pokermax 223: folds Uncalled bet (75) returned to Rebel Fitz Rebel Fitz collected 150 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 150 | Rake 0 Seat 1: Mikkado folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: joca999 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: SunchlLd folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: wellyone folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: PORSCHACO79 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: pokermax 223 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 7: Rebel Fitz (big blind) collected (150) Seat 8: Kirbi74 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: gregor7878 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Don't you hate when this happens
Yes :lol :lol :lol I actually checked the database of the benchmarkers at the weekend to see if they got a walk in the BB more often when they had Aces than when they didn't - a surefire sign of superusers ..... however it didnt happen more often with aces than without!

Yes :lol :lol :lol I actually checked the database of the benchmarkers at the weekend to see if they got a walk in the BB more often when they had Aces than when they didn't - a surefire sign of superusers ..... however it didnt happen more often with aces than without!
:unsure

I'm sure you must have enough hands on the database to prove my long held theory that there are actually five aces in a pack of online playing cards, as proven by the fact that pocket aces occur slightly more than once every 225 hands?

Just watched the 60 minutes programme on youtube about superusers on Absolute Poker. Is there much of it happening?
So far as I know - it is only Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet (owned by the same people) who have ever been caught with superusers - they tried to cover it up, but didn't manage it - not a clue how they're still in business!! They operate from Costa Rica (I think :unsure) and managed to avoid any external investigation or "consequences" from authorieties (again - just so far as I know - I didn't really keep up to date on it - 2plus 2 is the authority, but you need weeks to read one of their longer threads, and I just cant keep up with anything on there!!)

I'm sure you must have enough hands on the database to prove my long held theory that there are actually five aces in a pack of online playing cards' date=' as proven by the fact that pocket aces occur slightly more than once every 225 hands?[/quote'] Lets see then...... Charlie Brown: Pocket Aces 72 times from 13,875 hands (1 in every 193 hands) - should have had aces 63 times Popeye: Pocket Aces 119 times from 27,413 hands (1 in every 230 hands) - should have had aces 124 times Eeyore: Pocket Aces 27 times from 6515 hands (1 in every 241 hands) - should have had aces 30 times Combined, that's 218 Pocket Aces from 47,803 hands (1 in every 219 hands) By the way - it should be 1 in every 221 hands?

Own up' date=' who's kidnapped Ed and locked him in cave where he can't get on the internet?[/quote'] Had a knock on the door in the middle of the night from the men in black who run online poker for the CIA they told me to shut up or else:eek Regards the original question GaF's crew getting aces slightly more than they should( but over a very short sample). It is possible that GaF is in bed with the CIA and has "massaged the figures". Nades larger sample suggesting closer to 4.3 aces per pack of cards, how ever the anomalies with the chameleon ace help explain this. (unfortunately Nade by going public the Full Tilt shadow workers will now ensure that you only get aces twice in the next 12,000 hands to level things up, sorry:sad)

• 11 months later...

Re: Just need to moan for a minute... Fecking mis-click in a cash game today - i would have been happier if i lost to a better hand - :@ PokerStars - $0.10 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com Hero (BB): $15.01 UTG: $2.10 UTG+1: $3.89 MP: $5.00 CO: $26.21 BTN: $6.87 SB: $10.00 SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10 Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 7c Jh fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, fold, Hero checks Flop: ($0.25, 2 players) 2s Td Jd Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18 Turn: ($0.61, 2 players) Tc Hero checks, BTN bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43 River: ($1.47, 2 players) Ts Hero checks, BTN bets $1.40, fold BTN wins $1.40 :spank:spank