** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League 8th of April

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April I think some people are getting carried away by Fulham's poor away record in the league, and ignoring Wolfsburg. Wolfsburg aren't exactly the best defensive unit left in the competition tbh. When we went there in the UEFA cup, we scored two. I think once again the odds are showing complete disrespect to Fulham's chances of qualifying. The bets I'm looking at are as follows.... Wolfsburg - 4 Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - BET365. German teams seem to win a lot of corners, and tend to use a bit more wing play than many teams. Wolfsburg easily beat this handicap in their last match against Rubin, and I see a similar game emerging. I rate Fulham's goal threat, but not their ability to get forward and win too many corners. VfL Wolfsburg v Fulham: Both Teams To Score = YES @ 1.67 - Betfair. Fulham have scored at least once in every away Europa league game they have played this season, and they'd have to have a really off day imo in order to not hit the back of the net against Wolfsburg. VfL Wolfsburg v Fulham OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.72 - Totesport. This price is really insane because it's much lower elsewhere. All but two of Fulham's away Europa league games have gone over, and Wolfsburg are a side that statistically go over, as we know.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April

I think some people are getting carried away by Fulham's poor away record in the league, and ignoring Wolfsburg. Wolfsburg aren't exactly the best defensive unit left in the competition tbh. When we went there in the UEFA cup, we scored two. I think once again the odds are showing complete disrespect to Fulham's chances of qualifying. The bets I'm looking at are as follows.... Wolfsburg - 4 Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - BET365. German teams seem to win a lot of corners, and tend to use a bit more wing play than many teams. Wolfsburg easily beat this handicap in their last match against Rubin, and I see a similar game emerging. I rate Fulham's goal threat, but not their ability to get forward and win too many corners. VfL Wolfsburg v Fulham: Both Teams To Score = YES @ 1.67 - Betfair. Fulham have scored at least once in every away Europa league game they have played this season, and they'd have to have a really off day imo in order to not hit the back of the net against Wolfsburg. VfL Wolfsburg v Fulham OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.72 - Totesport. This price is really insane because it's much lower elsewhere. All but two of Fulham's away Europa league games have gone over, and Wolfsburg are a side that statistically go over, as we know.
Don't know that we are getting carried away at all mate, their record away from home this year speaks for itself....?

Don't know that we are getting carried away at all mate' date=' their record away from home this year speaks for itself....?[/quote'] By carried away, I mean misinterpreting their true ability and potential to win this game. A one off cup game that means so much, league form goes out the window.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April WOLFSBURG - FULHAM Fulham without Dempsey, Elm and Okaka.. Zamora and Gera starting up front. They're poor away record, they have not won in their last eight games on the road in all competitions, just 2 wins away all season! Wolfsburg won six of their last seven league games, and need only a 1:0 win to qualify.. Josue and Madlung are back in the side. Though statistics show this could be a tactical, low scoring game I still have a feeling we might see a few goals. Your thoughts gents.. :)

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April I think a win of wolfsburg is a nice bet. Also to qualify but I don't know about that. I went for a victory of wolfsburg for the reasons you just gave YoungMoney... Poor away record, some players missing,... at home Wolfsburg must be able of winning this game.

By carried away, I mean misinterpreting their true ability and potential to win this game. A one off cup game that means so much, league form goes out the window.
Away to Juve and Roma they played really bad (very lucky to score an away goal), and with Wolfsburg's current form and home advantage i cant any other result than a HW, but im staying out of this one..

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Aimar will go missing at Anfield - like he always does against aggressive pressing sides away from home. Doesn't have the physical tools to deal with a side like Liverpool at Anfield. Di Maria is a good player but he'll be too erratic tonight, running into blind alleys. It's tough in general for flair players at Anfield when they defend like they can. In the last few weeks Liverpool have been playing like they can at Anfield, pressing high up the pitch and making it hard for the opposition. If Benfica can play around that pressure and win then fair play, but I think Liverpool will roll them over.

By carried away, I mean misinterpreting their true ability and potential to win this game. A one off cup game that means so much, league form goes out the window.
Granted that on a one off game anything can happen, but by that reasoning then perhaps we shouldnt bet on the 1x2 at all? There is no doubt they have ability, I have said as much, I just feel this will be a bridge too far for them, it would take a massive effort and a performance of the season for them to go to VW stadium and win in my opinion. I'll happily take the German side to beat Fulham on home soil at 1.7.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Wolfsburg v Fulham Both Teams to Score at 1.75 (bluesq) Wolfsburg will win and I would have been all over them at anything 1.8 or above but 1.67 is very short. Fulham have been defying the odds in this competition all season and despite their infamous away record they do have a draw against the odds in them (Man City, Shakhtar who both went off shorter price than Wolfsburg tonight). They have drawn 6 of 16 away domestically and this might have been better if they hadnt patently stopped trying away from home for the last month. Wolfsburg actually have a better away record than home record, so there is just enough there to make me a little twitchy about lumping on the germans at this price. Looking at the goals market, there is a clear case for over 2.5 goals. I was on overs in the first leg which sneaked in with Wolfsburgs late away goal (not after eventing - check my blog). Second legs statistically see more goals than usual. Wolfsburg are the bundesliga top scorers and top conceders in home games and in europe all but one of their home games has gone over 2.5 goals. Fulham games generally dont see too many goals domestically but in Europe their away games have gone over 2.5 in 4 of the 7 games. However the bookies have again sewn up the over 2.5 goals market with very short prices. I cant be lumping on 1.67 for overs in a fulham game in which lots of under 2.5 goal scorelines would see either side through. Instead Im going for both teams to score at 1.75. A bigger price than the home win and over 2.5 goals, and this bet would have hit more often than over 2.5 goals in each of the teams respective home and away european games this season. This bet would have been a winner in all but one of Wolfsburg's 5 home games, and all but Fulhams first two qualifying games (seven games total). This bet doesnt look too clever if Zamora isnt fit, and the other risk is that Fulham are simply knackered. But common theory seems to be that Zamoras"injury" was of the inverted commas type at the weekend, and players have been rested recently.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April LIVERPOOL - BENFICA over 2.5 @ 8/11 (Ladbrokes) The Reds have to do without Babel, Insua, Rodriguez and Skrtel.. With Fernando Torres "rested" at the weekend and so much controversy surrounding the future of Benitez, this is a must win game for Liverpool. Playing at Anfield, a must win for Liverpool if they are to salvage anything from this season. Benfica are without Saviola and Weldon. A side certainly capable of scoring goals, and they won't come to defend a 1 goal advantage, thats for certain. Both teams have scored in they're last 6 games. With so much at stake, and both teams on the verge of the semis, I can see it being an open game with plenty of excitement. There will be no time for too much tactical approach and over 2.5 is a certainty! :D Also going with OVR 2.5 in all four of tonights fixtures. £20 to win £133 i consider an alright bet, GL!

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April The price on under 2.5 in Atletico/Valencia is tempting for such a volatile market. However neither side can defend. They are both so awful that it is not even worth them trying anything but attack. I feel Valencia have the better attacking players with, Silva, Pablo, Mata and Villa and also their ball retention is slightly better than Atletico's who I think are better off playing direct up to Forlan/Aguero. The only way I can see it finishing under is if the strikers have a nightmare. Having said that I won't be taking such short odds on the over. I think instead I am going to back Valencia to win the match. I think they have the better players on the ball and Villa has that extra bit of class the others don't. Their defensive injuries are a real worry though so I am going to keep the stakes light.

LIVERPOOL - BENFICA over 2.5 @ 8/11 (Ladbrokes) Also going with OVR 2.5 in all four of tonights fixtures. £20 to win £133 i consider an alright bet, GL!
I don't know.... seems a difficult call... In the Liverpool game I don't think there will be a over 2.5 actually, and the atletico-valencia game can go either way...

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April I think, same as last night (took both home team wins), ill have to go for both home teams tonight in a double, to qualify. The extra odds on the qualification is worth it on the risk side i reckon, as both teams are at home if it goes to penalties, and the germans are unreal at penalties whenever. ladbrokes and hills have this coming out at 2-1, wolf and liverpool to qualify.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April C0A8AE020000011D2061CFE40377E0DF.gifLiverpool vs BenficaC0A8AE020000011D22A097FF06847A21.gif European cup is the last hope to Rafa and his team. With a goal left behind, chances for Reds to qualify are still high when they host tonight. My bet on Liverpool because they can always make a turnover in critical stage.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Taking liverpool to qualify at 1.83. Liverpool home form speaks for itself.Won last 2 in europe at home and last 8 home games in the league.Havent drawn or lost at anfield in the league or europe since defeat to arsenal last year. Liverpool are missing babel and insUa for this game.This is a blessing in disguise because these tow players are liabilities.Insua has been poor defensively all season,hopefully rafa plays agger at leftback.Babel is an awful winger ,he has the touch of a rapist and is so one footed its unbelievable.Rafa will be forced to play benyanoun who is a much better attacking threat. Benfica showed in the first leg that they are poor defensively and i expect torres and gerrard to run them ragged. If anyone is going to score today for liverpool its going to be their two best players ,torres and gerrard.So going to be betting torres anytime goalscorer at 1.75 and gerrard at 2.62. :hope:beer

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April i expect atl madrid - valencia g/g , the both teams have very good strikers and valencia will try to score and will open spots for atletico counterattacks.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Once again some very tough matches in Europe tonight. I have a strong feeling that Wolfsburg will do enough to knock Fulham out. However, it will be a lot closer than some are predicting. Contrary to some comments, Wolfsburg do not have a great home record in the Bundesliga, losing at home 7 times this season. It is true that Fulham are poor on their travels also. I see Wolfsburg winning in 90 minutes, but there may well be extra time in this one. My first tip is therefore Wolfsburg to win in 90 mins @ 1.67 (coral) The other bet I am confident with tonight is both teams to score in the all spanish tie. Both teams are very poor defensively. Yes, it is true that Atletico only need a clean sheet to qualify, but I think there is very little chance of that. Valencia travel to the capital needing to score, and with impressive attacking talent in their ranks, I can see them doing this at least twice. With Aguero and Forlan upfront for Atletico, they have plenty of goals in them, and are likely to take advantage of the weak Valencia back-line. I am therefore going for both teams to score @ 1.5 (coral) I am undecided whether to include Liverpool at the moment, will continue to give it some thought. I was looking at them to win over 90 mins @ 1.62 (coral) but will hold fire and see what others think on this very evenly balanced game. Wolfsburg to win in 90 mins & both teams to score in Spain pays a very nice looking 2.5 as a double.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Benfica (+0.5) @ 2.53 I watched Benfica a lot lately, and i also watched Liverpool couple times and i can't agree with these odds at all. Benfica is in top form atm, they look very confident and their fuid football is very impressive unlike Liverpool's. Reds are under big pressure today and the way they play i doubt they can advance. Benfica DC @ 2.53 is a great bet, fair line would be +0.5 in Benfica's favour and definetly not +1. GL Fulham (+1) @ 1.87 Between average English and average German team, i'll always back the English. Fulham is a team with no stars, and also a team which had mostly bad results awayfrom home but Wolfsburg is not that better to be set as a favourite with -1 h'cap. I also like to lay public bets as well. Fulham can defend, and they also can score. If they stop Džeko half of the job is done. Hope they'll make it. Over 3.5 in Madrid @ 2.38 Very high line but i think these two teams are able to cross it. Both have big guns in offense, and both tend to play offensive minded football. Also, have in mind that they played a lots of overs lately, and that result from the first leg is 2-2 what forces Valencia to come out and look for a win. In any case it should be a beauty with at least 3 goals, i hope even more. 2.38 is after all a decent price although line is, i repeat, a bit high. Good luck to all.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April I'm going to have to agree with what others have said already on here, it's probably better to bet in play with these games tonight. That being said the only exception I can see is a corner handicap in the Wolfsburg - Fulham match. I reckon a -3 with the home side is a very good bet, what with Wolfsburg being an extremely attacking minded side who rack up corners especially at home and Fulham usually opting to absorb pressure for large stretches and then countering. I see this match being played largely in Fulham's half tonight. Jase I notice you've gone for the -4 corner handicap - do you think it's worth it for only a 0.1 difference in odds? (Bet365 -4 CH 1.9, Stanjames -3 CH 1.8) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bets Wolfsburg -3 Corner handicap - 1.8 (@Stan James)

Jase I notice you've gone for the -4 corner handicap - do you think it's worth it for only a 0.1 difference in odds? (Bet365 -4 CH 1.9, Stanjames -3 CH 1.8)
Good spot :ok Didn't see it myself. tbh I think they can beat even a -6 tonight, but obviously a -3 at those odds give much more cover.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Atletico Madrid @ 2.18 pinnacle Atletico Madrid have the advantage given that they have scored 2 away goals, which means Valencia will press forward to win this game outright. However their cause is much harder given the number of players out fie to injury and suspension. Also their respective home and way form in the Primera League tells an intersting story. Atletico have won their last 4 home games as they have score 10 goals and conceded just one goal in these games. Valencia have scored just one goal and conceded 10 goals in their last 3 away games. Furthermore, Atletico have won their last 4 clashes between these two sides when they have plated Valencia at home. Given their form at home, and the number of players out for Valencia, hard to see them oveturning the advantage Atletico has, and like the home team to win this. Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.72 pinnacle (no bias shown into this pick ;) ) Benfica lead 2-1 after the first leg but one goal for Liverpool and the tie swings back in their own favour. Benfica have a very good home record and now they have to travel to Liverpool who also are hard to beat at home. They were somewhat fortunate that they won at home, given that they were down a goal and only really asserted themselves when they had an extra man advantage. Expect Liverpool now at home to create an extra man advantage with their loud and boisterous crowd ready to spur them on to victory, given that Benitez showed on the weekend when substituting Torres early, that this competition is their priority. Spurred on by the home crowd, Liverpool will look to dominate early and score the goal that will give them tie in their favour. This will force Benfica to open up and look for an equaliser which will provide Liverpool with the opportunity for a second goal. Di Maria for Benfica is the main player who gave Liverpool problems in the first leg, and if he is contained, then Benfica will struggle to break Liverpool down. Torres should get some more protection from the referees given that they are playing at home, so doubt that Luisao and fellow defenders will get the same latitude to illegally stop Torres. If they cannot contain Torres then, he has the ability to score against this defence, and send the Reds into the semi finals. Like the look of Liverpool scoring twice here as they do tend to play well at home in European competitions and their home form in the Premier League has been vey good. Standard Liege - Hamburg over 2.5 @ 1.83 pinnacle Hamburg lead this tie 2-1 but both teams will be confident that they can score on the other, and given neither side has the defence to stop them, then expect both sides to score, and eventually a third too for the over to come in. Liege have an away goal and a goal early for them will see them lead this tie with this away goal. This will force Hamburg to come forward to score and get the tie back in their favour with goals surely to follow, as Hamburg have scored and conceded in each of their last 4 games in the Europa League, with each ending up going over. Liege have scored and conceded in 3 of their last 5 Europa League games which have all gone over, and doubt that this game will be low scoring given the lack of defensive capabilities of both sides, and the fact that both sides are based on scoring goals. Wolfsburg - Fulham over 3.5 @ 2.55 centrebet Fulham lead 2-1 after the first leg in which the home side dominated but with an important away goal by Wolfsburg late in the game, has given the Germans now the confidence to build on this. Wolfsburg have scored and conceded in each of their last 5 Europa League games while Fulham too have scored and conceded in each of their last 5 Europa League games. Both defences are not as solid as expected while Dzeko and Grafite for Wolfsburg and Zamora for Fulham will be confident of scoring. As each side scores and the advantage swings from one side to the other, then expect this game to become more and more open, leading to more chances being created and more goals scored. With both teams having numerous chances in the first leg, like the look of this repeating itself in this second leg with goals sure to follow

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April I'm not sure I can have Liverpool at 1.81 to qualify tonight. Exactly like the Man U game last night, there are so many scenarios that could go against them and 1 Benfica goal could easily cause panic to set in. Benfica have scored at least once in 5 out of 6 away games in Europe this season, and in the last round they took a 1-1 draw to Marseille and came from behind to win the tie. Liverpool looked uncertain at the back at times during the 1st leg, with some of the marking on crosses being particularly poor, and I can see Benfica creating chances again tonight. The loss of Babel and Insua (with Rodriguez ineligible) is also a blow, with the pressure falling on Gerrard and presumably Benayoun to provide the creativity for Torres. I think Liverpool have looked a much better side when Babel has started lately (the games against Portsmouth, Lille at home, and Sunderland) and he could be sorely missed tonight. At these prices I'm happy to have the majority of outcomes on my side and lay Liverpool to qualify at 1.82 on Betfair. Good luck everyone. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April what do u guys think about the Standard Liege - Hamburg over 2.5 and spanish game both to score??? ...not so sure about the Standart Liege v Hamburg over...could someone exept blackcrow give me an opinion? (blackrow nothing personal i just can see ur opinion a few inches upwards) :ok :cheers :ok