** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League 8th of April

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April My advice: play these games in the 2nd half / live. If a team is down, and you know they are still favorites/desperate for a win it will happen. It happened in the Benfica match, and the over 2.5 happened in the Atletico match. All 2nd half bets saved my arse from the pre-game bets.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April the odds for Benfica are ridiculous, Benfica, this year, are much better than Liverpool. The last Liverpool x Benfica ended 0-2 for the portuguese side. Benfica to win and Benfica to qualify should be my bets

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April

the odds for Benfica are ridiculous' date=' Benfica, [u']this year, are much better than Liverpool. The last Liverpool x Benfica ended 0-2 for the portuguese side. Benfica to win and Benfica to qualify should be my bets
No way are Benfica coming to Anfield and winning, but Benfica to qualify looks a an OK bet

I think Liverpool to win looks like value at first sight - people tend to forget that they're still a very strong team at home..
Price is dropping like a stone. Wouldn't personally touch them now.

No way are Benfica coming to Anfield and winning' date=' but Benfica to qualify looks a an OK bet[/quote'] they did it once, Liverpool need to score and probably will give space for Benfica's attackers who are in really good form, Benfica scored 4 last weekend against a very defensive team. Of course Liverpool are much better than Naval but Benfica win seems probable to me, but obviously other people may analise it differently.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April My prono for this match of Europa League: Wolfsburg – Fulham 1@1,72 (Stake: 6,5 - Quote: Intralot) Liverpool – Benfica GOL@1,75 (Stake: 6,5 - Quote: Intralot) Wolfsburg – Fulham The first leg ended 2-1 to for Fulham, which confirmed the good time in the league winning at home against Wigan with the same result, while the Beat Wolfsburg 4-0 to Hoffenheim. The game is not prohibitive for the Germans, who can rely on a Dzeko in good shape and eager to assert themselves in the UEFA as well in the league (look at this me if you want to bet on who will score in the match). Given the circumstances I think both teams can score, but I see the hosts favorites on the guests, which cover 1 point and the GOL. Also likely the Under. Liverpool – Benfica This is the part of the turn. The first leg was won 2-1 by Benfica and the return promises a real battle. Liverpool not lost at home for eight rounds, while Benfica comes even from 15 positive results away, so nothing is taken for granted in this challenge, even though Liverpool have its field factor. As in the previous game I see is very likely that the GOL the over.

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Liverpool - Benfica Going for a draw as Benfica are good home and away. Liverpool are coming into some form of late and will get a goal but can also see Benfica scoring also. Benfica impressed me against Marseille and got 2 late goals to win.

I love the Europa League' date=' Defence seems to go out of the window so over 2.5 goals in any of the matches is always a good shout. I Fancy a few goals in the Valencia-Madrid game.[/quote'] Yeah, it certainly seems that way. The Atletico Madrid - Valencia match seems to be a likely over 2.5 and the 1X2 line is very difficult to call. But, I am put off by the price (1.60ish) on the over. The 2-2 result of the first match means that a 1-0 (also 2-0) result for either team is fine. Atletico is also fine with a 0-0 or 1-1. We have too many under results that allow the team/s to qualify and I believe the risk for 1.60ish isn't worth it. In fact the value may just lie in the under 2.5 @ 2.60ish.... Good luck if you take the bet...:hope

Yeah, it certainly seems that way. The Atletico Madrid - Valencia match seems to be a likely over 2.5 and the 1X2 line is very difficult to call. But, I am put off by the price (1.60ish) on the over. The 2-2 result of the first match means that a 1-0 (also 2-0) result for either team is fine. Atletico is also fine with a 0-0 or 1-1. We have too many under results that allow the team/s to qualify and I believe the risk for 1.60ish isn't worth it. In fact the value may just lie in the under 2.5 @ 2.60ish.... Good luck if you take the bet...:hope
Was thinking about the overs myself but at 1.60 ish, it does look a bit skinny considering the amount of results that would 'suit' either side. Good point mate....:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Evening guys, Having had a look at the Europan League games, my main fancy is.. Wolfsburg V Fulham - Wolfsburg win @ 1.73 (William Hill) Make no mistake about it, this is going to be a massive game for Fulham, probably the biggest game of their season. They come into it off the back of some good results, beating Wigan at the weekend and Hamburg last Thursday both by 2-1 scorelines. Although it is worth noting these two games were at home. Away from the cottage they have only recorded one win in their last twelve and that was a FA Cup tie at Accrington Stanley. They have conceded 23 goals in these twelve away matches and only scored 9 (3 of these coming in that tie to lower league Accrington). It goes to show that the Londoners do not travel well, domestically or on a European stage. Added to this not so great away record, Fulham have one of the smallest squads left in this years Europa League, thay have had a gruling season up till now and have fought and battled hard in 53 games to date since the start of the competitive season, this must surely have an effect on the team as there is a core of players whom have played in a majority of those games. Coming to Germany they will be without Clint Dempsey (Injured) up front for sure, whilst fellow striker David Elm misses out through illness and start striker this season Bobby Zamora has a late fitness test to determine whether he can play or not - however I expect him to start. The Germans will be hurt from losing in London last week, they want this trophy badly and they will be doing their up most to succeed. They come into the tie off the back of a good domestic win on Sunday, beating Hoffenheim 4-0 at the VW stadium, this is perfect preperation for Lorenz Gunther Kostner's men. They will likely start with prolific due Dzeko and Grafite up front and they will be eager to score early on and build on it to kill the tie quickly. They have captain Josue and star defender Madlung both declared fit for this match which again is a huge boost for the home side. Wolfsburg are out the running for the German Bundesliga, so all efforts will be concentrated on winning the Europa League for the club. They have only played 40 games this season thus far, a good few less that thier visitors tonight so they may well be slightly fresher considering they have played less games and have a bigger squad to rotate than Fulham do. I fancy Wolfsburg to win this one in Germany and I'll be on them to win @1.73 (Will Hill) Good Luck everyone :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Alright lads here's my tuppence worth as ever :dude Atletico Madrid vs Valencia After that exciting first leg (2-2) the hosts find themselves in the pole position to qualify and they seem to be finding their form back somewhat. Everyone expects this game to be over 2.5 goals and who can blame them due to the attacking quality of Forlan, Aguero, Villa, Silva et al on offer. But the odds are just ridiculous. 1.55-65 for overs? where as 2.65 for unders? There is value in the unders there because AM just need a 1-0 win or even a 0-0 will suit them! They have a solid keeper in De Gea and Asenjo and whoever plays the onus will be on Valencia to attack so even a 1-1 wouldn't surprise me here. I'll go for a very low 2/10 stake on under 2.5 goals @ 2.65 just because there's value. Liverpool vs Benfica The big one undoubtedly. If Benitez fails to qualify tonight I seriously think he'll be sacked at the end of the season (which will trigger a 20m pay-off but who gives a f*ck?). He removed Torres off at Birmingham halfway through the game which was just stupendous considering they need 4th position more than anyone else! Benfica are a great team this season and have the ability to win tonight after smashing 4 past Naval at the weekend. But Anfield is a fortress and knowing Liverpool they will probably sneak this 1-0 as they always do luckily! This game is definitely one to be played in-play because Benfica will frustrate the Kop for a long time and the odds for the home win are too short. I'm very tempted by taking Benfica +1 AH because I think with their attacking prowess they have the ability to spring a surprise. Luisao is going to be key tonight if Benfica are to qualify. Benfica lead 2-1 and there's a big chance if Liverpool score first that this game will open up and we'll se a lot of goals. Standard Liege vs Hamburg I like Standard Liege because one of our players (Fellaini) used to play for them and I have been following the likes of Axel Witsel and Steven Defour very much. They got an away goal at Hamburg which will give them a lot of confidence going into this game. I really think Liege are a good team but when you compare Belgium football to German football there's a considerable difference (no offence!). Hamburg are facing quality week in week out where as Liege have just been beaten twice in their last two games which goes to show that they are putting all their focus in for the game tonight. It's a no bet for me this because the Germans could easily come here, sneak a goal, and then shut up shop. Wolfsburg vs Fulham Now I hate backing any German team against a English side due to my patriotism but Fulham are there to be taken tonight. Then again I've forgotten how many other times this season i've said this and been proved wrong! The Germans got a priceless goal through Madlung which irritated Hodgson to say the least and if Grafite and Dzeko both start with Misimovic behind then it could be a long night for them. The odds are a bit short for the home win but I'm ready to take them because I think there will be a very early goal. If you let Fulham settle like Shaktar did earlier this season they will punish you and Zamora (probably in the form of his life) was rested against Wigan to West Ham's annoyance and I'm placing a cheeky bet on him to score first @ 8.5 worth a shout surely! If any German punters could give in an insight into this game it would be very helpful because this could be my biggest bet of the night. I might even wait for the line-up or in-play before taking the home side though. Good luck fellas :hope

Was thinking about the overs myself but at 1.60 ish, it does look a bit skinny considering the amount of results that would 'suit' either side. Good point mate....:ok
Shouldn't we be looking at the under line at 2.72 then? As you said it, alot of results suits either side. Under 2.5 Goals: Betfair @ 2.72 *with the idea of laying off asap Under 3 goals: 10bet @ 1.96 Correct score: 2-2 Betfair @ 15 Hamburg comes to Liege with a narrow 2-1 lead, Hamburg's first-leg victory is their only win in their last six games. Monday they gave striker Paolo Guerrero with a club record fine after he threw a plastic bottle at a fan who was shouting abuse at him after their goalless draw with Hannover. Meanwhile the first-leg defeat was Standard's first defeat in the Europa League this season and their first in all European competition since losing 2-0 at Arsenal in the Champions League in November. Even though Liege are in far from impressive form in the league, having won just one game since Feb, i fancy laying Hamburg here and backing the under. Lay Hamburg: Betfair @ 2.65 Under 2.5 goals: Betfair @ 2.06 One time baby!! :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April Our(Liverpool) left hand side will be depleted. Insua suspended thats means probable replacement Agger. Maxi cup tied, also Babel suspended who will be a big miss in terms of attacking threat also we rarely lose when Ryan plays. I hope Benayoun has a good game, Gerrard and Johnson should add spark to the team, also see Torres getting on the scoresheet and us sneaking the win, but confident on qualifying I want take Liverpool at the prices, i'l wait an bet in play Im Defo taking a Goals Galore doubles @ 9/4 Athletico v Valencia Standard Liege v Hamburg All four teams are all likely to score

Evening guys, Having had a look at the Europan League games, my main fancy is.. Wolfsburg V Fulham - Wolfsburg win @ 1.73 (William Hill) Make no mistake about it, this is going to be a massive game for Fulham, probably the biggest game of their season. They come into it off the back of some good results, beating Wigan at the weekend and Hamburg last Thursday both by 2-1 scorelines. Although it is worth noting these two games were at home. Away from the cottage they have only recorded one win in their last twelve and that was a FA Cup tie at Accrington Stanley. They have conceded 23 goals in these twelve away matches and only scored 9 (3 of these coming in that tie to lower league Accrington). It goes to show that the Londoners do not travel well, domestically or on a European stage. Added to this not so great away record, Fulham have one of the smallest squads left in this years Europa League, thay have had a gruling season up till now and have fought and battled hard in 53 games to date since the start of the competitive season, this must surely have an effect on the team as there is a core of players whom have played in a majority of those games. Coming to Germany they will be without Clint Dempsey (Injured) up front for sure, whilst fellow striker David Elm misses out through illness and start striker this season Bobby Zamora has a late fitness test to determine whether he can play or not - however I expect him to start. The Germans will be hurt from losing in London last week, they want this trophy badly and they will be doing their up most to succeed. They come into the tie off the back of a good domestic win on Sunday, beating Hoffenheim 4-0 at the VW stadium, this is perfect preperation for Lorenz Gunther Kostner's men. They will likely start with prolific due Dzeko and Grafite up front and they will be eager to score early on and build on it to kill the tie quickly. They have captain Josue and star defender Madlung both declared fit for this match which again is a huge boost for the home side. Wolfsburg are out the running for the German Bundesliga, so all efforts will be concentrated on winning the Europa League for the club. They have only played 40 games this season thus far, a good few less that thier visitors tonight so they may well be slightly fresher considering they have played less games and have a bigger squad to rotate than Fulham do. I fancy Wolfsburg to win this one in Germany and I'll be on them to win @1.73 (Will Hill) Good Luck everyone :hope:hope
I don't want to seem like i'm knit picking here, but Fulham are a very good side this season and hard to beat. Alot of people seem to underestimate Fulham especially in Europe this season. They are gunning for this competition also, like Wolfsburg, so I don't see any motivational factor advantage for Wolfsburg in this tie.. I don't know if you watch the Premier League at all but they are a force under Hodgson. They have slacked off abit in the league now and are mainly concentrating on this competition. I would wait until kick off maybe to see Team sheets before placing bets down on Wolfsburg @1.73, I think those odds may rise in your favour as we approach kick off..

Re: UEFA Europa League 8th of April I'm seriously considering a biggish double. 1. Wolfsberg to qualify 2. Liverpool to qualify I believe Wolfsberg will win by a couple of goals quite comfortably, just a hunch I have. Fulham are pretty shocking away from home. I'm certainly no underestimating Benfica, I placed a 3 figure sum on the beating Liverpool in the first leg on with draw no bt. However, contrary to their dire league position I still really rate Liverpool's football. AWESOME against Sunderland 2 weeks ago, unlucky to lose at OT and they should've scored at least 4 against Bham at the weekend. I'm expecting another famous Anfield night! Benfica should also be a little more tired what with playing Monday night away and also having to travel to England. Your thoughts please. It pays out roughly 2/1 :)

I'm seriously considering a biggish double. 1. Wolfsberg to qualify 2. Liverpool to qualify I believe Wolfsberg will win by a couple of goals quite comfortably, just a hunch I have. Fulham are pretty shocking away from home. I'm certainly no underestimating Benfica, I placed a 3 figure sum on the beating Liverpool in the first leg on with draw no bt. However, contrary to their dire league position I still really rate Liverpool's football. AWESOME against Sunderland 2 weeks ago, unlucky to lose at OT and they should've scored at least 4 against Bham at the weekend. I'm expecting another famous Anfield night! Benfica should also be a little more tired what with playing Monday night away and also having to travel to England. Your thoughts please. It pays out roughly 2/1 :)
I wouldn't touch the Liverpool to qualify personally. As we seen yesterday in the champions league, United won but didnt go through, there is always the possibility that Benfica do lose but go through on away goals. I would think the safer option would be to back Liverpool to win instead if you are keen on them to qualify. As far as Fulham goes, they have been very poor like you said away from home, but with Zamora rested for this fixture, I still would fancy them to get atleast a goal with the form he is in. That being said Wolfsburg will come into this game feeling tired from their 4-2 win over whichever team at the weekend. As far as I know, they didn't rest any players but I do fancy them to go on to win this game 2-1, whether they will qualify or not is a different question. I would back Wolfsburg to win, instead of them to qualify. Hope this helps :ok

I wouldn't touch the Liverpool to qualify personally. As we seen yesterday in the champions league, United won but didnt go through, there is always the possibility that Benfica do lose but go through on away goals. I would think the safer option would be to back Liverpool to win instead if you are keen on them to qualify. As far as Fulham goes, they have been very poor like you said away from home, but with Zamora rested for this fixture, I still would fancy them to get atleast a goal with the form he is in. That being said Wolfsburg will come into this game feeling tired from their 4-2 win over whichever team at the weekend. As far as I know, they didn't rest any players but I do fancy them to go on to win this game 2-1, whether they will qualify or not is a different question. I would back Wolfsburg to win, instead of them to qualify. Hope this helps :ok
thanks my decision to look at the qualification market was probably motivated by GREED more than anything else! HA! Having looked at the odds I'd only earn £15 less with the stake I'm putting down just backing the home wins so yeah I think I might do it. It at least offsets a disaster where pool win but go out on away goals.

I don't want to seem like i'm knit picking here' date=' but Fulham are a very good side this season and hard to beat. Alot of people seem to underestimate Fulham especially in Europe this season. They are gunning for this competition also, like Wolfsburg, so I don't see any motivational factor advantage for Wolfsburg in this tie.. I don't know if you watch the Premier League at all but they are a force under Hodgson. They have slacked off abit in the league now and are mainly concentrating on this competition. I would wait until kick off maybe to see Team sheets before placing bets down on Wolfsburg @1.73, I think those odds may rise in your favour as we approach kick off..[/quote'] I certainly do watch the Premier League, Fulham are a force under Hodgson at the Cottage, they are poor away from home. Plus, I was not meaning there is a motivational advantage for Wolfsburg, I was just illustrating that they are now concentrating on this cup and their strongest team will play. I think Wolfsburg can learn from the mistakes Shaktar and Juventus made when playing Fulham earlier in this competition and they wont let them settle in Germany, they have to press from the first whistle. Thanks for your point of view though :ok

That being said Wolfsburg will come into this game feeling tired from their 4-2 win over whichever team at the weekend.
I don't know what you mean mate, Wolfsburg won quite comfortably against Hoffenheim 4-0. Still, they are my favourites to progress

I don't know what you mean mate, Wolfsburg won quite comfortably against Hoffenheim 4-0. Still, they are my favourites to progress
Sorry, mixed my facts of Benfica and Wolfsburg lol

thanks my decision to look at the qualification market was probably motivated by GREED more than anything else! HA! Having looked at the odds I'd only earn £15 less with the stake I'm putting down just backing the home wins so yeah I think I might do it. It at least offsets a disaster where pool win but go out on away goals.
Yup, deffo do that instead of the qualification bet, safer option based on the 1st leg results, Good Luck :ok