Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010

Aleron 3.50 Haydock (EACH WAY) 18-1 Skybet 4th last time out at Doncaster to Chief Dan George. That form got a boost when CDG won at the festival recently. Aleron has won over this distance before, won over further too and also won off this mark of 123 when it took a class 3 chase at Aintree in May 2009. I'm hoping a bit of rain has got into the ground to make it good to soft. Not in the best of form but not to be ignored off this winning mark, it won easily, eased down when taking that Aintree race last May off this rating.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 305 Her: Kahsabelle EW Backing horses that are dropping in the ratings like Kahsabelle should carry a health warning but must give this one another go now running in a handicap. In fact the last time she ran in a handicap he was rated 123 at the festival last year, since then things havnt gone right for her and has been a beaten fav three times. This race is a 0-95 and connections must be one step away from giving up and with the better ground she just may come back to form, the trainer is very shrewd and in decent form too. 15/2 VCBet bog

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 SHREWD INVESTOR 2.10 Haydock. 1 point win. Failed to complete the last twice, so a bit worrying on that front, but does have the form and ability to win this race. The trip and ground's not a concern and I think anything above 4/1 is a bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 920kemp Jessica Wigmo win 6/1 BOG vc, bet365, paddyp Last 3 wins off 50, 54 and 50 at the track during feb-march. Now off 47. Jok, who takes off a handy 5lb, has ridden him on 3 of last 4 wins but not been on for last 7 runs. Poor draw in box 1 but one of above wins was identical draw and as a hold up horse should not be a problem.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 DANSE MACABRE 2.30 Hereford. 1 point win. Bit of a thinker, but this race can be run to suit and then if he can put it all in, he should be fighting it out at the end. A short priced favourite in form gives us a nice price about our chances today, so all in all appears worthy of a bet today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 kahsabelle 305 hereford. 1 pt win. better than showing and this end of season race could see a return to top form and a win. the trip and going shouldnt be a concern and the race should be to suit. should go each win as hardly a win machine, but he who dares wins.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 3:50 Haydock. Lease Lend. 1 point LAY. (3.75 Betfred) A bit of a risky one as he has won 3 of his last 4 races and is clearly in good heart. However, this is a very competitive handicap chase, with several horses who, if they can just produce their best form, are well capable of carrying this off. I only need one to be able to do so. As would be expected, the selection has catapulted up the weights after his run of success, and now needs to give weight to some useful opponents. Perhaps equally significantly, those 3 wins have come in distances over 16f-19f. He has 21f to travel over today, a distance he has yet to win at. With the extra weight and the going likely to be soft underfoot, I'm hoping it might be a bit too much for him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 7.50 Kempton Middle Club 1pt win @ 5/6 Stan James BOG Officially rated 108, Middle Club is 19lbs clear of her nearest rival Rumool (rated 89) in this Conditions Stakes race. She also has 5lb fillies allowance to boot. She won well over at Chantilly in a G3 fillies stakes race last time out and was 2nd prior to that in a listed race at Sandown, so she has winning form already at this level.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 4.05 Warwick Hever Road - has dropped loads in the handicap compared to his best form but won LTO at Leics and dealt only a 4 lb rise for that win. Acts LH and on sharp tracks and is a winner on this sort of ground. One of the more likely stayers judging on previous winning form. 5/1 Blue Sq, 1 pt win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 3.15 Haydock

A nice 4 runner Novices Chase here, and preference is given to Frankie Anshan to take the prize for Alan Swinbank. He is a trainer who does well at Haydock, and has fired at a 17% strike rate over the last 5 years. What is eyecatching, however, is his record when it comes to novice chases, which stands at 25% and a LSP of over £11. I liked his debut run behind Herons Well, and I think he has much more potential than the others in the field. Bets 1 pt win Frankie Anson @ 7/2 Bet 365

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 One of those horses you tend to follow believing it can win a race! Haydock 4.25 Premier Dane Just short of graded class over hurdles, the horse needs fast ground these days and also to be able to remain prominent. Its form over this trip reads 2-2-2-7 (the 3 2nds were in novice chases last season). Its history goes back to 2006 when running 2nd to Detroit City at Aintree. It has raced at the Grand National meeting a few times and perhaps this is why it runs today to keep the horse sharp. The horses best form is on this type of ground if not faster. All of its 7 wins (incl flat) have come within 5 weeks of a previous run so last months run behind Sir Harry Ormesher is a good pointer today. My only risk is whether they are just getting a run into it before Aintree? Its running off its lowest mark for 4 years and jockey takes another handy 3lb off its back today. Only Kings revenge runs off a mark lower than last winning mark. Bet365 go 12's whereas others gor 9 & 10's EW @ 12/1 >Bet365 (bog)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 14:40 Haydock Akarshan from the in-form Evan Williams yard has made a good start to the year having won 2 races from 3. Is now 12lbs higher than his win at Market Rasen and today is up 7lbs in the weights for his win LTO at Towcester a week past Monday where he won with some ease in this grade. I think the 7lbs may not be enough to stop him again today. Has placed once going at Uttoxeter which is a left-handed track but since then has form of 7F0 going left-handed so that may be the only negative for this horse today and I will take my chance that he can put that past him today and record another win. 1pt win Akarshan @ 5/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 3.50 Haydock - Daldini e/w @ 18/1 bog SJ 2nd in this race off 2lbs lower last year and I see no reason for him being this price. Won well at Southwell and ran good races in 4th and 5th prior to that. His flop last time was on 3m2f over good ground. Trip and conditions ideal today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 2:55 Warwick - Gullible Gordon - Back Really, really short price but it is justifiable. Ony 4 runners and the 2 outsiders look to have no chance. The favourite should get this done nicely as he threatens the winners enclosure far more than the 2nd favourite. This really ought to be a bombproof nap 1pt win @ 4/11 Victor Chandler BOG please

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 Haydock 3 50pm Lease End 1pt lay A lot of good types in this race and the lay has imv a lot to do today as 3 horses that gain a good form score and are knocking at the door for a win Market is tight at the top and value is to be had better down the field with imv better horses that will beat this lay today,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 Kemp 9.20 - Cavalry Guard - EW at 2/1 BOG with Paddy power Had a short list of 5 for this race when I looked at it last night and Cavalry Guard was by no means bottom of that list.!.........so at 20/1 looks a good EW punt. Drops down to a Class 7 for the first time and down a couple of pounds in the weights as well. According to my speed figs he runs his best races over this CD and is pretty consistant here, usually beaten about 3 lengths in class 6 handicaps but churning out pretty much the same figure every time, and i reckon if he runs the same race again he should be in the shake up in this lower grade.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 7.20 Kempton Wotashirtful shapes as though he can win right now but he just always apears just held on the line and is becoming frustrating, Sherjawy had a 4 runner race turn out his way last time out and perhaps is a little flattered by that and would be a surprise if wotashirtful turned the tables. But it might be worth taking Lord of The Reins he needs races turn out his way a strong pace to come off last time he got that from the extremely fast Glamarous Spirit who done the form no harm at listed level last weekend, he is up 2lb for that and is still well handicapped on old form and should get a race run to suit with ocean blaze and wotashirtful in the lineup. 1pt win lord of the reins 9/4 vcbet bog

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 24th March 2010 9.20 KEMPTON~ARDENT PRINCE 16/1 0.5 E/W BET365 BOG A gritty class 7 to get are teeth into. Case could be made for lots of these but this horse looks on a generous mark. Will need to improve for last run but that was first run of the year and steps back in trip here. Hasn't run much at the track so that a bit unknown but think he will be a big player here at his weight and it is only a C7 which helps.