BBOTD - Friday 19 March

3.20 Calgary Bay 0.5 E/W, 3 places

81.00 SJ BOG

And here we come. Think Kauto will take what he wants to take, but however I see two horses with big odds capable to get into places. My Will was fifth last year in far more competitive race – 16 runners with Exotic Dancer, Neptine Collonges, Barber Shop, Maidison, Alberta’s run, Air Force one, Halcon generaldis … Finished not far aways from forth. Always runs very well in Cheltenham, preferred good g/s going. Nick Scholfield knows the animal very well. Calgary bay was a long time big hope. Known with his huge potential he showed a little bit of it during his Doncaster’s win in December. Always respected Henrieta Knight as a trainer and still remember Best Mate and Edredon Blue J Knows how to win in Cheltenham. Somersby was close and here I think CalgaryBay also may score something big. Twice winner here from 4 runs. And I am going into the big surprise in face of CalgaryBay J Something more I always think that Graham Lee deserves win in Gold Cup after such a qualities ride for so much seasons. Wish him to do it tomorrow J))

Re: BBOTH - Friday 19 March Triumph Hurdle - Secant Star EW On Secant Star, was on him fto when he was cruising and fell at the last. Few people on here mentioned him and was very impressed with the way he travelled. Was too short for me to bet on when he bolted up nto. A bit of rain in the air will help and despite there being some good horses in the race fancy his chances.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 14:40 Cheltenham Tell Massini is the one for me here. Since coming over to the UK he has won all three races in fairly easy fashion. Two of those have been at the course and one over course and distance. His first race in the UK was at Chepstow in a maiden hurdle race where he won by 17 lengths. The 2nd place Chamirey placed in a Listed hurdle race at the festival yesterday, in fact he has won 2 and placed in three times in his five runs since that race which boosts the form of the race a bit. He also beat Reve De Sivola by 8 lengths on his penultimate start. Reve De Sivola was 2nd in a grade 1 novice event at the festival on Wednesday. It seems as if he has beaten some decent sorts in these races and he has beaten them well so its fair to say he is in with great chance tomorrow. All his racing has been done in Soft going but not too sure how he will handle good ground so he will most likely welcome any rain. Win - Tell Massini @ 5/1 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 4.40 CHELTENHAM ~ BALTHAZARS KING 20/1 0.5 E/W PP BOG Very strong claims in this has been in great form this season and there looks plenty of improvement to come from this horse. Has ground to suit and indeed lots in its favour today. Can't see it out of the first four and should be hard to beat. Think there will be money for this horse and can see it going off much shorter.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March IMPERIAL COMMANDER 3.20 Cheltenham. 1 point win. As much as we all love or hate Kauto Star and Denman, I think this race will be much closer than most people think. The value certainly lies with us and Cooldine, and although the form points to another Kauto win, I'm not so sure he'll get it all his own way during this race and if we can jump well, then we can cause him plenty of problems late on. No pressure on us at all, so hopefully we'll be on top form and then we can win this Gold Cup.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March baby run 400 chelt. 1 pt win. laid out for this, as many have, but trainer not in the winners enclosure yet and thats a bit unexpected on day 4. has the form and ability to win this, so with no trip and ground concerns and a decent jumper in the main, hed be my choice for today.

Re: BBOTH - Friday 19 March

Triumph Hurdle - Secant Star EW On Secant Star, was on him fto when he was cruising and fell at the last. Few people on here mentioned him and was very impressed with the way he travelled. Was too short for me to bet on when he bolted up nto. A bit of rain in the air will help and despite there being some good horses in the race fancy his chances.
Gutted this is a NR now; 5.15 Russian Flag EW 33/1 Looks too big a price ere, on good form and should hold a of few of these on form that are shorter. Going and distance suit and although this is a competitive race cannot see why he is so high here. Good to read Trendsmans info on it too

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 4:15 Fakenham. Penny Doc. 1 point LAY (2.5 Paddy Power) This is probably the form horse in the novices hunter chase, and will start warm favourite. He won on his penultimate start, but that was on heavy ground. It much better ground at Fakenham today and the sun will shine all day; I'm not sure how much weight you can put behind that win. LTO the selection ran well in finishing 3rd in a better class race, but with that being only 4 days ago, he is not certain to have fully recovered from what was a hard race. He clearly could win this one, but with a few promising young hunter chasers in the field, and question marks over the selection, I feel he is worth opposing at the currently short price

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 240 Cheltenham: Restless Harry EW Cant believe the price for this one, would be about 5/1 if trained by Nicholls. Very solid form which was held up yet again earlier in the week. The ground may be a bit quick but he stays and jumps well and just cant see him being out the frame. 9/1 Lads bog

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March Hi Palaceman nice to see you :ok Lingfield 1 55pm Beggers Opera 1pt lay Having only run once and by all accounts was not given a hrd time by the jockey the market view that a win is on the cards today 3 stand for me in this race v this lay and one that maybe go off at double odds is looking good imv added with the other 2 horses they will beat this horse who at short odds is super value for me today and will not win,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March Pittoni 1.30 Cheltenham (EACH WAY) 16-1 Bet365 BOG Pittoni was 2-2-1 in its last 3 flat races and won over 10f really easily. Won its first 3 hurdles races, including grade 3 and grade 1 events in Ireland and then sprained a joint when 3rd in a Grade 2 race. Trainer feels it still has even more potential, it has decent hurdling experience, knows how to go and win a race and was 2nd on good ground on the flat. Hurdles races have been on softer ground but still looks overpriced at 16-1 when comparing it to form of some rivals. Would have met most of the trends of previous winners had it won last time out and was closer to the head of the betting.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 1.30 Cheltenham: Barizan 0.5pts e/w @ 28/1 Paddy Power BOG Looks a tremendous price for this race with today's going in his favour. Progressing very nicely over hurdles until defeat LTO to Pistolet Noir on ground that would have been softer than ideal. Had Olofi well behind that day and reopposes that one on 4lb better terms yet is double the price - doesn't make sense to me so from a pure value perspective this one has to be a decent each way shout. Has the all important C&D form and will be surprised if this one isn't involved in the shake up.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 3:20 Cheltenham - Kauto Star - Back Looks to be the classiest horse in the field. Denman can only beat him if he's at his absolute peak and Kauto is below par, which judging from each horse's last runs seems to be the exact opposite of the current situation. Kauto looked to be at his imperious best when hacking up in the King George and Denman looked a shadow of his best lto. Even before the fall, he wasn't stretching away. I'm not convinced he would have won even without the 2 blunders. Kauto looks a nice bet at 4/5 1pt win @ 4/5 William Hill BOG please

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March

OLDRIK 2.05 Cheltenham. 1 point win. Needs to be on his best form' date= but stable and jockey firing at the moment and this race looks sure to be run to suit. The trip and ground are fine and he does have that tough of speed when it matters to close today.
This is may main fancy today. Good luck.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March

1.30 Cheltenham: Barizan 0.5pts e/w @ 28/1 Paddy Power BOG Looks a tremendous price for this race with today's going in his favour. Progressing very nicely over hurdles until defeat LTO to Pistolet Noir on ground that would have been softer than ideal. Had Olofi well behind that day and reopposes that one on 4lb better terms yet is double the price - doesn't make sense to me so from a pure value perspective this one has to be a decent each way shout. Has the all important C&D form and will be surprised if this one isn't involved in the shake up.
Great call. Very unlucky. Matched at 1.1 IR.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 7.20 Wolverhampton Sinbad The Sailor 1pt win @ 15/8 Stan James BOG He has previously won here over this course and distance and went on to win again next time at Lingfield. Sir Sandicliffe, 2nd behind Sinbad The Sailor at Wolverhampton went on to win his next race (as did Sinbad The Sailor). Up 10lbs for his last win he will need to improve today, but has conditions to suit to put in a good effort. The trainer, George Baker is in very good form of late having 8 wins/6 places from his last 20 runners and 7 wins/2 places from his last 20 runners here at Wolverhampton.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 19 March 8.50 Wolverhampton Sworn Tigress is clearly better than class 5 handicap and is still 5lb well in even under a double penalty and handicap rise, she romped home by over 9lengths last time out 19lb rise unlikely to course to much trouble the way she won last time out. 1pt win Sworn Tigress 11/10 bet365 bog