** ELO Ratings are now back **

Rio's Racing Diary

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 :eyesFirst the good news, I'm alive!!! I'll get to this in more detail in a minute but lets just say I've had a Dennis Bergkamp moment. Now regular readers will know I work shifts, 12 hours days & nights. These are no good to anyone who desires a normal life, ie decent sleep patterns, not eating your dinner at 3 in the morning etc. It does however pay quite well & allows me when all falls right to indulge myself in my hobby (fetish?.) Having finished four such night night shifts last Friday morning & had the luxury of four hours kip cos any longer & I won't sleep Friday night, then battled round the Friday afternoon supermarket run, coming soon "Trolley rage the movie" at a theatre near you. Why is it a women can't look at a supermarket shelf without a trolley on the end of her fully extended arm right across the aisle? I find myself fading rapidly at half eight & manage to stay awake till nearly ten, at which point I slip into the pit, alarm set for 4am & bang 1am I'm wide awake. Two hours of tossing & turning & I'm on the net. Early price from Paddy, 9/2 Indian Daudaie BOG, I'll have a bit of that. A look at Ryanair, all on time. A look at Leeds/Bradford website, a delay, three in the afternoon!!!! Ryanair say turn up so off I go, flights at 6.40 I'm checking in at 5.40, nice girl on the check in says sorry, delay, three this afternoon!!!!. Nine hours at Leeds/Bradford airport, we have a saying in Yorkshire "I've had more fun watchin' fire go out" Three o'clock & we're boarding, up & away. Barely time for the couple of trolley dollies & the Jullian Clary sound alike that seems to be on every flight theses days (Is it a law that airlines have to employ one of these) & we're on the ground in Dublin. First bag off the plane is mine, things are looking up. Could get the bus but sod it, it's pissing it down & I'm the only man ever on a 40 minute flight thats jet lagged, taxi!!! Twenty minutes later & I'm checked in at my luxury fleapit, sorry hotel!! Well theres fashionably tatty & well, fleapit. Non the less I am now getting my second wind & am ordering my first pint of the black stuff in the nearest bar with the footie on just as Nani opens the scoring. Hardly plonked myself down on a stool whem Wolves level. Halfway down number two when it's 2-1, defo looking up. Leave the bar with a slight smirk as the red nosed ones invincibles are defeated :rollin First restaurant looks ok & I'm in ordering a sirloin off the most attractive blonde I've seen in a while, it's the voice, honest!!! The steak is spot on, the Irish coffee likewise, all I need now is the blonde to tell me she's got a thing about middle aged men & it's the hat trick :sad Back to the Flea... hotel with a small bottle of my favorite tipple, Irish whiskey. First channel on is RTE's version of match of the day, result. Good chuckle watching Wenger in cruise mode rapdly going back to the mad frog as Newcastle come back from four down. I'm nodding again as Fergie does his Bulldog chewing a wasp impression, bedtime :zzz Breakfast is absolutly............. average. However I am somewhat concerned as I munch my cornflakes, the Racing Post I have nipped out for pre breakfast tells me that there is an inspection due to the rain. A vist to the Euro for 10 mins internet in the TV room (no bloody wi fi as advertised) confirms, it's off.. Bugger is as polite as I will get. It's a long day anywhere I suppose when it's raining, blowing & it's F$%^ing Sunday. Art Gallery was ok. Managed Chelsea v Liverpool in the same pub buts its hard work making two pints last cos your driving when you get back. Back to the airport, now we're on time, in fact we're in front, which brings me to Bergkamp. We're coming in to land & I'm next to the window just behind the wing. Almost down & suddenly we're rolling to the left, then the right, then the left & I'm thinking he's lost this & I'm waiting for the sparks, thank you & goodnight. Bang, one wheel down, thud then the other but for several seconds we're still bouncing from side to side, bugger comes to mind again. Then the engines are in reverse & we're smoothly heading off the runway & Julian is welcoming us to Leeds/Bradford but he rather sounds like he needs to change his underware. At least I got straight out of the airport & home.. & then straight up for work this morning.... Still bloody jet lagged. Indian Daudaie has stayed in Ireland with Ted Walsh with the intention of running at the rearranged meeting on Saturday. Me I'm working Friday, Saturday Sunday night, can I get it off? Would I go? Hrmm!! Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Working tonight so some early thoughts. While Indian Daudaie stayed at Ted Walsh's Pride of Dulcote returned back to Ditcheat & will now go the Betfair Ascot chase a week tomorrow. The box was loaded up with Indian's usual feed & hay & went straight back Ireland. He's been cantered each day & went to the Curragh yesterday where he did a great piece of work. McCoy's at Newbury tomorrow so Ruby suggested Niall Madden for the ride. The ground is currently riding heavy and, with Indian having won and finished second in a Grade 1 on heavy going in France, that shouldn't prove to be a problem. In fact, it could be an advantage as it should blunt the speed of some of the ex-Flat horses in the field. If they're hanging around then he'll probably make the running looking to make it a truly-run race and if he's in with a chance turning in then Niall will be asked to kick on to try and finish it. The extra days to get over the Cheltenham run & the traveling over should help too. I'm not going mad at it but he should go well, I've had a bet with Bet365 & the Rio millions have seen them cut the price :eyes Paddy & Sky are 100/30 but the latter not BOG. Bet. Indian Daudaie 30pts @ 100/30 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I've been holding back a bit on my thoughts on Saturdays run, I wanted to see the result in Raceform. The report on the club site says he wasn't quick enough. The trainer, the jockey & Ruby all think he wants further & the ground was more good to soft not heavy. Niall said he jumped well & will make a chaser. Now the bit I don't get is the Timeform chap thought it was more a test of speed than the Cheltenham race as it was run about 11 seconds quicker. Now that means nowt unless you compare the median times for the tracks but the thing for me is wasn't that the idea? Not to dawdle & turn into a sprint & therefore bring his stamina into play, I wonder about some of these "experts" sometimes. Anyway at Cheltenham the race was almost 3 seconds slower than median & at Leopardstown just over 4 seconds faster. It takes 4 seconds longer for the distance at Cheltenham which is the 11 seconds mentioned so the race was about 7 seconds quicker, which as I say is supposed to be what we wanted. The Raceform going allowance for both races was similar & they had it good to soft in Ireland. The Raceform rating was the same for both races which means he didn't improve as expected, however it's still a decent level of form & the winner is second favourite for the Triumph but it's hard to see him been competitive at two miles at Cheltenham so would he go for the Neptune? Is he good enough anyway? we'll see where he goes next. Red Merlin is in at Kelso tomorrow but the ground is too soft, likewise for Sedgefield on Sunday. He's also in at Wincanton on Saturday but it's shaping up to be a warm race. Racing Club bets W/R 26/104 Stakes 2974pts Returns 3002.08pts P/L +28.08pts Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I just heard on ATR that Paul Nicholls has pulled Indian Daudaie from both the Triumph Hurdle and the Supreme Novices. Presumably that means the aim now is the Neptune? Hope you aren't working that day so you can go and watch him coming up that hill!

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010

I just heard on ATR that Paul Nicholls has pulled Indian Daudaie from both the Triumph Hurdle and the Supreme Novices. Presumably that means the aim now is the Neptune? Hope you aren't working that day so you can go and watch him coming up that hill!
Thanks for your interest. I saw this soon after the post & tried to find out what was happening, other than he's off the radar bookie wise for the Supreme & Triumph & gone altogether on Betfair so it looks correct I know nothing. He's still in the Neptune betting at a best priced 66/1, however he's over 300 on Betfair so I've had a small bet just in case as he wouldn't be that price if he turned up. Bet. Indian Daudaie 3pts @ 330.00 Betfair, Neptune novices. Red Merlin & Plenty Pocket have both been put in the same race at Ludlow on Wednesday. However the ground is likely to rule Red Merlin out & he is also in at Ayr on Thursday & the ground is said to be good to soft so he may go there, I am not. Plenty Pocket won't go to Ludlow either as if he runs before March he will lose his novice status which begs the question why enter him in the first place? From a personal point of view, with some time off I had looked at the card at Wetherby tomorrow with the chance I might go, however it looks at best ordinary fare. I am though looking at heading south again, I have yet to vist Sandown & at this stage there is a fair if unspectacular card on Friday. The draw though is Saturdays Racing Post Chase card at Kempton & I can see myself in my usual hotel for a double header, I'll make up my mind by Wednesday. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 In the end I didn't make the trip down south, I couldn't get in my usual hotel & a couple of other things conspired against it. I now am looking at the Imperial Cup meeting in two weeks time. who?me? was correct, Indian Daudaie has been scratched from the Supreme & Triumph hurdles, he is still in the Neptune though. He's also been entered in the Coral Cup & the Fred Winter both on the Wednesday & the Martin Pipe conditionals on the Friday. One of the races on the Wednesday would be nice as I'm working on the Friday night & can't get it off. Red Merlin is entered at Catterick on Monday, Ffos Las on Tuesday & Bangor on Wednesday & may also be entered at Donny later next week which would suit him best I think & me as well. He's also still in the Supreme & has been put in the County Hurdle & the Martin Pipe as well. Which if any he'd go for would depend on how he runs next up. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I've had a busy week but Red Merlin is in the first at Donny on Friday & I'm going. Only had a quick Look but Alan King's American Ladie looks the one with the form to beat but Henderson has Dubai Crest which could be something or nowt. I'll try to put some thoughts up in the morning but may not have time. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 The Timeform chap seems quite bullish that Red Merlin can run well today, however for a bloke who's employed by whats supposed to be one of the top firms in the game his tipping doesn't impress me. In fact as my Dad would have said "He couldn't tip muck out of a wheelbarrow" I've backed him & there's been a bit of money for him although it's probably a weak market & it wouldn't take much to shorten him up. it's more a case of a "just in case" bet than any confidence on my part though. Bet. Red Merlin 20pts @ 4/1 VCBet BOG. I have to say that I'm struggling to find something I really fancy on the card. There's a few with question marks that could run well, High Benefit in the 3.55 being one. Won at Warwick on her first go over hurdles but then fell at Bangor & ran a stinker at Huntingdon LTO, supposed to be well thought of though. Another is First Avenue Who's done little this season but had some decent form last season & is dropped well down in class today. Tayarat is in form but doesn't have the tongue tie on for this first run for a new stable having been claimed LTO. I've had a bit on First Avenue on Betfair & I'll see how I feel with High Benefit on the track. Bet. First Avenue 20pts @ 5.0 Betfair. Rio.

Really pleased that Red Merlin won for you today and that you were there to see him do it. It's such a great feeling when your horse wins. :D Do you think he'll go for the Supreme Novices?
Thanks, your right I was really chuffed, I wasn't really expecting it as you will gather from my rather negative post this morning which actually made it even better. Donald McCain wasn't there but the chap that had come with him & all of us, about ten in total thought that Cheltenham wouldn't suit him. It seems clear that he needs a flat, wide galloping track like Donny or Newbury on decent ground, where he can get room to see his stride for the hurdles. Again early on & at the last he wasn't fluent but he did jump the third & second last well & if he went to the festival he wouldn't cope with the likely frantic pace & undulations. Now he's won it would be a shame to dent his confidence again tilting at windmills & he doesn't get a penalty for today because it's a conditionals race so it would be better to look for an ordinary novice somewhere. The young man Henry Brooke that rode him came across well, very well spoken & confident without being cocky. He made sure after the first couple of hurdles that he got plenty of daylight at them after. He fiddled the last & for a second it looked like he'd lost momentum at just the wrong time but he quickly got him going again & did it nicely in the end & he did say he was dossing in front a bit as well. I've just had a look & He's won 8 from 26 rides for the yard before today & is showing a profit of 11.25pts to a 1pt stake, he looks worth keeping an eye on. It seems the plan for Indian Daudaie is the Martin Pipe Conditionals on the Friday, which I can't get to as I'm working that night :sad Unless I can get a swop. First Avenue never looked like winning & neither did High Benefit who I had 20pts on. the 6/1 SP for Red Merlin was a bonus though & 60pts staked returned 140pts. Racing Club bets W/R 27/107 Stakes 3034pts Returns 3142.08pts P/L +108.08pts Pics attached are, in the pre parade ring, a couple in the parade ring & coming back into the winners. Rio.

post-484-14429283545647_thumb.jpg

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I agree it's much better to choose racecourses that'll suit your horse. You certainly don't want to do anything to cause your horse to lose confidence - once lost, it can take a long time to get back. I watched the race on ATR and thought the jockey Henry Brooke gave Red Merlin a pretty good ride. As you say, his jump at the last hurdle could have been a lot better but at least Henry got him going again. They were saying on ATR that Red Merlin had had back problems. Presumably he's had some kind of treatment to help him with that?

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Did you hear them saying on Channel 4 Racing this afternoon that Red Merlin was probably going to go for the Swinton Hurdle - the Grade 3 race held at Haydock Park on Saturday 7th May? They were saying that Via Galilei, the winner of the Greatwood Handicap Hurdle, was likely to run next in the Swinton Hurdle and mentioned Red Merlin at the same time.

Did you hear them saying on Channel 4 Racing this afternoon that Red Merlin was probably going to go for the Swinton Hurdle - the Grade 3 race held at Haydock Park on Saturday 7th May? They were saying that Via Galilei, the winner of the Greatwood Handicap Hurdle, was likely to run next in the Swinton Hurdle and mentioned Red Merlin at the same time.
Yes I saw that & it was mentioned by the Timeform rep yesterday after the race that it could be the way to go. He was involved with Jo Jo Star that won the Swinton a couple of years ago & the track would probably suit & the ground should also be better by then. However it is two months away & I would think/hope that there could be something to go at before then, we'll see. With regard to the back problem, he was treated after the run at Musselburgh but it was not clear if it was something from the Sandown run or from the mistake in Scotland, he seems over it though :hope Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Having been told on Friday that Indian Daudaie would be going to the Martin Pipe Conditionals I've had a look at the race. There's 164 entered & it's a 0 to 140. He's off 138, there's only 7 rated higher & another 4 on the same mark so he ought to get in no bother unless they do things different for these festival races. It doesn't really matter as the best price for the race is 25/1 with Bet365 who are also now going Non runner no bet & best odds so it's a bit of a no brainer really, if he runs he won't be that price I don't think & if he doesn't then I get the stake refunded. He ran a decent race there two runs ago & the step up to 2m 4.5f ought to suit with the likely fast pace as well. As I'd be having a bet anyway on the "just in case" senario I might as well do it now. Bet. Indian Daudaie 10pts ew @ 25/1, Pipe Conditionals NRNB & BOG. On a different note that was not a good day for the sport yesterday with the sad end of the popular Eric's Charm & the horrible fall that saw the death of Karky Schultz. That would be my biggest fear when I go racing, I don't know how they cope with it, especially the lad or lass that looks after them on a day to day basis & while winning is one thing I always think "just come back in one piece" Nice quiet week now in the build up to the bedlam to come, although I still have an eye on sandown next weekend. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Decided to give Sandown a miss, in the end I just didn't fancy it & have decided to keep the powder dry for next week. It seems I have it wrong for the Conditionals race with regard to Indian Daudaie getting in. I forgot that as a 4yo he gets a weight allowance which sees him in the mid fifties on the card but I thought that his rating would have got him in. It's a question of how many come out at the next dec stage & he's still in the Neptune & Fred Winter with the latter the likely alternative if it looks like he won't make it Friday. If I decide to apply for the wednesday I have to make up my mind by Monday morning. The badges for this meeting are limited & there are likely to be plenty who apply. This may seem odd but I don't really fancy going, it's mainly the crowd, I hate it when you can't get around. There's also the fact that I'd have to go there & back on the day as I'd never get an hotel anywhere near & the traffic is likely to be bad. I think I'd be better off watching on the box. Red Merlin is reported to be in good form after Donny but no thoughts on where next. A few bits about the yards chances next week. Peddlers Cross is spot on after Kelso & is ready for the Champion. Wymott has a bit to find to beat Time for Rupert etc but jumps well & is open to improvement. The boys at the yard have long since raved about Tornado Bob and Donald reckons he's overpriced at 16/1 for the Neptune on Wednesday, especially as he feels the horse could be even better on decent ground. They took him to Ascot last time in search of better going only to find it was softer than expected. Cinders And ashes should run well in the bumper. At this point the only one I've backed is Tornado Bob. Peddlers Cross is a favourite of mine & I'll probably back him on the day. Wymott looks to have a lot to do to me & the bumper is not my sort of race. Finally, he mentions that he'd worked Drill Sergeant in blinkers this week and they seem to have a beneficial effect. He wears them in the Imperial Cup so don't be surprised if he looks more straightforward than on some of his recent starts. It's obviously a hot race but Henry takes off a more than handy 7 lb and, if Drill Sergeant puts everything together for a change, the chances are he can make his presence felt from his current hurdles mark. Bets. Tornado Bob 15pts win & 5pts place @ 16/1 , 1/4 odds 1,2,3 Boylesports, NRNB & BOG. Drill Sergeant 10pts win & 5pts place @ 20/1, 1/4 odds first 5 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

If I decide to apply for the wednesday I have to make up my mind by Monday morning. The badges for this meeting are limited & there are likely to be plenty who apply. This may seem odd but I don't really fancy going, it's mainly the crowd, I hate it when you can't get around. There's also the fact that I'd have to go there & back on the day as I'd never get an hotel anywhere near & the traffic is likely to be bad. I think I'd be better off watching on the box.
Yeah - the crowds can be a pain. It's always really difficult getting close to the paddock to get a good look at the horses. Some people seem to get a place by the paddock rail and then don't move at all during the afternoon. I tend to try and see the horses as they are walking out onto the course. Traffic will DEFINITELY be bad. The worst bit is getting out of the car park at the end of the day - takes ages. Having said that, I'm actually going on Wednesday and Friday but staying in a hotel about an hour away where the prices haven't been inflated.

The boys at the yard have long since raved about Tornado Bob and Donald reckons he's overpriced at 16/1 for the Neptune on Wednesday, especially as he feels the horse could be even better on decent ground. They took him to Ascot last time in search of better going only to find it was softer than expected.
My one concern with Tornado Bob is that he has no Cheltenham experience at all. Having said that, only Bobs Worth and Rock on Ruby at the top of the markets have Cheltenham experience.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 After the latest declaration stage Indian Daudaie is 36 on the card in the Martin Pipe, the max number of runners is 24 so it needs 8 to drop out. The Racng Post are showing James Cowley as the jockey, he's the stables conditional so he can claim 8lb. He is very inexperienced, he's only had 3 rides in public, 2 over hurdles & a bumper, he did win the bumper though. Drill Sergeant did nothing yesterday despite been quite well backed, it was a Pricewise horse though. Racing Club bets W/R 27/108 Stakes 3049pts Returns 3142.08pts P/L +93.08pts At this point I have 3 open bets at Cheltenham. Indian Daudaie 3pts @ 330.00 >Betfair, Neptune novices. Indian Daudaie 10pts ew @ 25/1, Pipe Conditionals NRNB & BOG, Bet365. Tornado Bob 15pts win & 5pts place @ 16/1 , 1/4 odds 1,2,3 >Boylesports, NRNB & BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 As expected Indian Daudaie is not declared for the Neptune or the Fred Winter tomorrow & he needs 12 to come out to get in on Friday not 8. Racing Club bets W/R 27/109 Stakes 3052pts Returns 3142.08pts P/L +90.08pts For today 1.30 Cue Card has smart form including at the track & goes well fresh. This doesn't look the strongest line up for this race, Spirit Son should go well & the best of the Irish could be the mare Magen's Star. Bet. Cue Card 50pts @ 3/1 Betfred BOG. 2.40 I was on Bensalem who tipped up two out when still well in this last year. Stable in better form & the horse has gone well over hurdles but this is His first go at fences since the fall & his jumping is not great. Sunnyhillboy looks to have been prepared for this & should go well but I like Reve de Sivola for this. Smart novice hurdle form last year, including a second in the Neptune & a Grade 1 win at Punchestown. Not great form over fences yet but the step up to this trip can help & he has the right weight & OR to run well here. Bet. Reve de Sivola 25pts @ 10/1 VCBet BOG. 3.20 I might regret this but I have deserted Peddlers Cross in favour of Hurricane Fly. Both are similar in that they have speed & can stay further than this but I think the Irish horse has a touch more class & can take this on the run in. Bet. Hurricane Fly 50pts @ 4/1 Paddy Power BOG. Also had a placepot. 1.30 2 2.05 1 & 4 2.40 9 & 11 3.20 4 4.00 8 & 16 4.40 3 8 lines @ 1 pt =8pts staked. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 That was almost one of those days. Cue card was disappointing, despite being well backed & rubbed salt into the wound by finishing 4th & scuppering the placepot on the first leg. Of course I had one placed in the next five legs but it it only paid £60 & would have been much less had Cue Card made the frame. Reve de Sivola ran well & the race goes to Bensalem, at which point I was getting a bit fed up. However Ruby & Hurricane fly rescued the day & my mood with what was a fine perfomance in a strong renewal. 133pts staked, return 250pts Racing Club bets W/R 28/113 Stakes 3185pts Returns 3392.08pts P/L +207.08pts And on to tomorrow. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Day two 1.30 I like Chicago Grey for this. He has course form having won a 3m novice chase here in October he came back at the Open meeting & was just in front & staying on when tipping up at the second last. A third run followed over 3m 2f in December where he was 8l second to Time for Rupert with the Racing Post Chase winner Quinz in third & there was talk of the RSA. Got stuck in the mud at Leopardstowns Xmas meeting when last seen & sights have been lowered to this prize. Trainer does well over here & the jocks no mug. Bet. Chicago Grey 50pts @ 5/1 Bet365 BOG. 2.05 The bet here is from the other day. The boys at the yard have long since raved about Tornado Bob and Donald reckons he's overpriced at 16/1 for the Neptune on Wednesday, especially as he feels the horse could be even better on decent ground. They took him to Ascot last time in search of better going only to find it was softer than expected. Bet. Tornado Bob 15pts win & 5pts place @ 16/1 , 1/4 odds 1,2,3 >Boylesports, BOG. 3.05 Wymott was also mentioned from the above post. Having been stung by Cue Card yesterday I'm inclined to swerve the hotpots in the novice events so out goes Time for Rupert. I think Aiteen Thirtythree might take some beating but Wymott is unbeaten over fences, still should be improving & has cheekpieces on to help keep his mind on it. Bet. Wymott 20pts @ 10/1 VCBet. 3.20 There's quite a few writing Master Minded off but he is only an 8yo & should be at his peak, although the French breds do tend to go at the game earlier. Nothing wrong with his jumping this season & he nearly got caught that day at Ascot when I was there because he was in front too soon. Interesting to hear Nicholls saying the plan was to have them spot on for this week & he's had a bit longer break than last year & if anywhere near his best he will win. Bet. Master Minded 40pts @ 7/2 Ladbrokes BOG. 4.00 To win the tipping comp I think you need to find something at a price from the handicaps. Rooting around the Coral Cup last night my eye landed on Secret Dancer & some of the form suggests this one might have a squeak. Good third in a Grade 2 novice at the Open meeting in 09 & then seventh in the County Hurdle last year off 134. He's 5lb lower today, should be suited by the extra half mile & looked to be coming back to form LTO when keeping on late for fifth behind some useful sorts, including Imperial Cup winner Alarazi over 2m 1f here in January. Bet. Secret Dancer 10pts ew @ 20/1 Paddy Power BOG. 4.40 This was the other race that might throw one up for the comp. Tenor Nivernais is the choice. Winner in France he's run well in both starts over here in handicaps against older horses with a third at Wincanton followed by the same at Taunton, beaten under 2l with the rest well back. Against his own age group here & stiff track should suit. Bet. Tenor Nivernais 20pts @ 15/2 Hills BOG. Todays placepot 1.30 8 & 15 2.05 11 & 12 2.40 1 & 12 3.20 8 4.00 15 & 20 4.40 5 & 9 32 lines @ 0.5 pt =16pts staked. Rio.

hope you have a god day mate' date=' i am with you on Chicago Grey[/quote'] Thanks mate. I've just had a thought, having had a bet in the first six races & done the placepot I'd feel a right charlie if by some chance I copped all six & hadn't done the Jackpot. Therefore I have covered my four main choices with the two McCain runners suggested by Timeform with two back ups in those races. Jackpot 1.30 8 2.05 11 & 12 2.40 1 & 12 3.20 8 4.00 20 4.40 9 4 lines @ 1pt =4pts staked. Also I can't believe that Stan James are going 9/2 Master Minded, has a leg dropped off? Betfred are 4's but everyone else is 7/2. 100/30 or 3's Had a top up, asked for 30pts got knocked back to 27pts :rollin Bet. Master Minded 27pts @ 9/2. Rio.