** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rio's Racing Diary

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Arabian Spirit runs in the 4.40 at Haydock today, I toyed with the idea of going but I'm working tonight & would struggle to get back in time. For the first time since the club got him he has his ideal conditions of trip & most importantly the going, the ground is given as good to soft & some more light rain is forcast, it's also the lowest class he's raced at for some time. There seems likely to be plenty of pace on with Border Owl, Kings Point, Sir Frank Wappat and One Scoop Or Two all being front runners/prominent racers most of the time so hopefully he'll get a nice tow through. Chosen Forever finished just in front of us LTO at York but we were drawn wide that day & Chosen Forever had stall one. Of the other runners Sir Frank Wappat would be the one I'd fear most, he looks a progressive 3yo & won over C&D LTO on his return from being gelded & is up only 3lb. While I'm not totally brimming with confidence he ought to go well. Bet. Arabian Spirit 30pts @ 3/1 Bet365 BOG. Coconut Ice is declared for Haydocks 7.10 tomorrow, a 5f nursery. Not sure how she'll go on softish ground but her sire Bahamian Bounty gets winners on all sorts of ground. Again I can't go but I'll have a look tomorrow, either in the morning or more likely after I've risen from the pit. Rio.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 No thoughts yet from the Timeform boys about the run of Arabian Spirit, to me he looks like he's going to be hard to win with & I can see him in a claimer at some point. Racing Club bets W/R 2/17 Stakes 380pts Returns 355pts P/L -25pts Nothing about Coconut Ices chances this evening yet either, at the moment only Corals have odds & she's 7's & about the same on Betfair. I'll have a look when I get up later. One bet for the Saturday favourite system this week in the 2.45 at Newbury. Bet. Forest Crown 13.7pts @ 9/4 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Having risen from the pit it seems that the thoughts of the trainer & Timeform is that Coconut Ice would need to improve to win this & a place would seem to be the most we could hope for. Given that she's 11/2 best priced with a couple of non runners & not much over evens to place only on Betfair, plus I can't watch it as I'm working again I'll leave alone. With the other Beckett runner out of the race Forest Crown went off evens & ran a stinker. Fav System Bank 52.137pts Week 11 stake 9.958pts. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 To clear up from the weekend action first. After Arabian Spirits race jockey Tony Hamilton is reported to have said 'it was rather a messy race and we'd have benefited from a stronger gallop and, though the ground helped him, he'll relish it when it gets even more testing'. As I said before he looks hard to win with to me. As for Coconut Ice. 'One run too far' says Mr Dascombe. She has run four times in quick sucession but pulled too hard for me & she is to have a break now. Having finished work for a day or two I'm off to Beverley this evening where Press Release runs in the opener which is a claimer. The Timeform boys reckon he won't beat Saltergate or Nellie Ellis but he's not that far behind them on form & is slowly improving. Different tactics tonight, apparently we are going to try & lay up rather than be up with the pace, as yet he's hung every time under pressure so we'll have to see. I've had a small ew just in case. The rest of the card looks a bit naff but I like the look of Carlitos Spirit in the 8.00. This one came back to form at Hamilton the other day & bolted up by 10l. No pen for that apprentice race so is off the same mark here, should go on the ground & looks to have Shadow time & Baltimore Jack to beat. Bets. Press Release 10pts ew @ 13/2 Stan James. Carlitos Spirit 50pts @ 2/1 Hills. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Hmmm! That was a strange old evening. Before the race the conclusion was that if he showed the same trait as before of not finishing his race off then Press Release was off to the vets for the unkindest of cuts. However he got left in the stalls & lost five or six lengths but showed a good attitude to get back in the race & was not without a chance at the 2f marker at which point having used himself up getting back in the race he faded on what is a stiff track. Afterwards it seems that he now gets one more chance before the bricks come out & I would expect him out again in the next week to 10 days. A quiet word in his ear to tell him what fate awaits would be my plan, it would certainly get me moving!!! A bit galling to see Nellie Ellis win, this one let down my Saturday trixie the other week when seeming not to stay the 6f at Leicester when I had the other two in the bet up!!! The thing is she looked there to be passed at the furlong pole but stayed on best to win, such is racing. Carlitos Spirit landed the other bet although I was a bit worried when he stayed on the far rail as they were coming up the stands side before which I suspect is due to a selective watering policy as on fast ground the far rail is usually the place to be. Just before the off there was a bit of 5/2 so I topped up my bet a bit, I won't put it in the returns as thats not the done thing but even without it was a profitable evening. Picture of Press Release, Richard Kingcote up before the race attached. Racing Club bets W/R 3/19 Stakes 450pts Returns 505pts P/L +55pts Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010

Transvaal Sky 3yo f Apparently she is the best handicapped horse in the yard.
hello rio i've just had a alert reminder for this one goes tomorrow in the 7:25 @ Doncaster she's not done much on first two starts this season but now running off 82 (6lb lower) and back down to 7f after runing last two over 8f...

hello rio i've just had a alert reminder for this one goes tomorrow in the 7:25 @ Doncaster she's not done much on first two starts this season but now running off 82 (6lb lower) and back down to 7f after runing last two over 8f...
Sorry didn't see this last evening & I've been at work today & to be honest I hadn't noticed she was running. I have to say that the list, Blue Jack possibly apart has been very disappointing but it just hasn't happened for the yard as yet & I'm begining to wonder if it will this season. That would be a shame as I know Tom & his staff put a lot into it & deserve to be sucessful :hope that things pick up soon. Sunrise Safari is in the Ponty race that he won last season on Sunday, I can't go I'm working :sadI'll see what we think later. Saharia is entered at Yarmouth on Monday when I start my time off, been a long time since I was in that neck of the woods & I'm thinking I might go & stay over, we'll see. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Just to say that as I'm working tomorrow there will no no Saturday favourite bet this week. I note that Miss Zooter is in the 3.20 at Newmarket & there is some talk of her reversing the form with Folly Bridge who beat her over C&D LTO. To me she did not look that unlucky as is been mooted & I wouldn't want to play at the 7/2 on offer at this time. Still I wish her all the best. Sunrise Safari is declared for Sunday, at first glance it looks a tough race, I'll have a closer look tomorrow. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Well done Miss Zooter he says through gritted teeth, I'll say no more. Having tried to fathom the Ponty race with Sunrise Safari in tomorrow I have given up, the price of around 8's on Betfair doesn't appeal & the overround is about 138% so he's likely to start a good bit longer, I'll pass. No trip to Yarmouth as Saharia has not been declared. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 A quiet few days for me. After Sunday's run Paul Hanagan apparently said that Sunrise Safarl was never travelling & all but lost his action in the straight & he thought that he might not like it so fast these days. It's more likely to me that he's fallen out of love with the game (thats if if he ever was in love) & it's hard to see where he goes from here. He is entered at Goodwood on Friday & the Stewards Cup :rollin but it's hard to see him getting in tomorrow never mind Saturday. Arabian Spirit is entered at Thirsk on Saturday, don't know if he's an intended runner yet, the decs are made soon. After a watching brief on the first two days I'm having a couple of bets at Goodwood today 3.25 Age of Aquarius had Purple Moon & Kite Wood behind him in the Gold Cup, both will be better suited to the drop back to 2m but In see no reason why they should reverse that form. Tactic looks the improver & a line through Profound Beauty might have him in front of Age of Aquarius but I don't think the O'Brien horse ran up to his best at Leopardstown & the Gold Cup run looks the best bit of form. The rest don't look good enough. Bet. Age of Aquarius 100pts @ 6/4 Hills BOG. 4.00 This looks to be between Flying Cloud & Polly's Mark. Flying Cloud has won in better class than this, a Group 3 in France & the Group 2 Ribblesdale at Royal Ascot last year. Good second to Chinese White in the Group 1 Pretty Polly at the Curragh LTO, goes on any ground & must go well upped in trip & down in class. Polly's Mark has stayed on well to finish second in her last two starts both over 12f at Haydock, goes on any & seems sure to be suited by the extra couple of furlongs. Should go well but her level of form is not as good as Flying Cloud. Don't see much in the rest so it's Flying Cloud for me. Bet. Flying Cloud 100pts @ 5/2 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Not a good day yesterday with both horses getting beat despite being well backed. Age of Aquarius ruptured knee ligaments when still in front 4f out, that looks the end of his career on the track :hope he's ok for stud duties. Flying Cloud never looked like winning, didn't stay? Not sure myself. Flat Season bets W/R 2/6 Stakes 600pts Returns 720.83pts P/L +120.83pts Sunrise Safari has made the it into the 2.45, I've just been amusing myself reading the Timeform bloke trying to sound hopeful. "A fresh pair of hands can often do the trick, so Royston Ffrench has a crack this afternoon. His draw in the middle gives Royston options and he'll just be told to try and keep him interested. There's loads of pace on, so the good gallop he needs to show his best should be forthcoming The fact that he went off 13/2 for last year's race and he's actually 1lb lower today offers some degree of hope and, frankly, it would be typical Sunrise were he to put it all together when we've had about enough of him. I'm talking myself into him having a chance the more I write! Fingers crossed he has saved a going day for a big day" I Like Mr Fahey's summing up. "I've given up trying to predict him, the old sod" Me, I don't think it's his track even if he was showing more form, he needs it flat not up & down & it's too classy a race, he's better giving weight away & I can see him getting taken off his feet here. He is been nibbled at at around 40/1 but he's not for me today. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 "Never going at any stage" Royston Ffrench reported after Sunrise Safari's run yesterday, hard to see him troubling the judge anytime soon. I note that Jonny Mudball runs in the Stewards Cup, he won well LTO but had the best strip of ground & this is much harder, pass. From a possible six selections the Saturday favourite bet is narrowed down to just the one Jemima Nicholas in the 8.40 at Hamilton this evening. I have rounded the stake off to a level 10pts Bet. Jemima Nicholas 10pts @ 5/4 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 A very quiet week on all fronts. The club did have a couple of entries but neither ran, Saharia is entered up next week at Lingfield, Sandown & Epsom but I'm back at work & won't be at any if he runs. It has now been decided to have Press Release gelded so thats 4-6 weeks off for him. Another loser last week for the Saturday favourite system, from four possibles today the one qualifier is Regal Kiss in the 6.10 at Ayr this evening but I'm getting wary of runners from maidens & have decided to leave alone. Fav System Bank 52.137pts Week 12 stake 7.378pts. Rio.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Didn't get a chance to post last weekend, I went to Kempton last Friday to see Saharia & stayed over till Sunday taking in Hampton Court Palace on the Saturday. Saharia ran very well to be a half length second closing at the line & it seems he needs to be burried & to pick his way through to keep him interested. He's in again at Kempton next Tuesday evening & I'm thinking of travelling down again as it falls into my days off. The hurdler Marsool with Donald McCain has had his legs checked & the tests revealed he has a splinter fracture of a hind sesamoid, including some fragmentation. This means he looks finished as a race horse so we'll have to see what happens next. Jeremy Noseda's assistant trainer told us that Fleeting Spirit was in good order & is expected to go well in the Nunthorpe tomorrow. He also put in a good word for Stoic who carries top weight in the 2.50 today. He got a bad draw in the Hunt Cup LTO but before that he looked a progressive sort & I've had a bit on ew. I like Maqaasid in the Lowther myself, she won the Queen Mary LTO, only by a neck but she was always cruising & quickened up nicely without Richard Hills having to get serious, 6f at York should be no problem. Bets. Maqaasid 100pts @ 5/4 Bet365 BOG. Stoic 10pts win & 10pts ew @ 10/1 Hills BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Disappointing yesterday especially Maqaasid who didn't settle well enough & found little under pressure. Stoic ran on for sixth without ever looking like making the places. Do I back Fleeting Spirit? No I don't think so, she'll probably bolt up now but I fallen out with sprints as a betting medium so I think I'll just watch. I note that Prince of Dance was in the 2.50 but is a non runner probably due to the fast ground. What I didn't know is that he has left Tom Dascombe, the owners are the same so it looks like they've decided on a change of trainer. Flat Season bets W/R 2/7 Stakes 700pts Returns 720.83pts P/L +20.83pts Racing Club bets W/R 3/20 Stakes 480pts Returns 505pts P/L +25pts

Do I back Fleeting Spirit? No I don't think so, she'll probably bolt up now but I fallen out with sprints as a betting medium so I think I'll just watch
Yikes :eek 100/1 skinner, silence on the knavesmire. Two possibles for the Saturday favourite bet this week. Fight the Chance in the 5.05 at Chester, with my dislike of the glorified dog track this is easy enough to swerve. The other is Favours Brave in the 5.50 at Market Rasen. I think I'll leave this one till I rise from the pit this afternoon, if I don't put it up by 5 o'clock I won't be playing. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Tried to post yesterday morning before setting off for the west of London & Kemptons evening meeting but I had connection problems & couldn't get on line. Had a good journey down, got stuck on the M25 last time & the evening went quite well. Managed a couple of winners & Saharia came third, beaten less than a length. He needs to come through the field & putting in front without him realizing whats gone on for me which means he's likely to win at some point but will be hard to predict. No claims of any winnings, as you know I like to put up selections before the event. Having got back home this afternoon I had enough time to see Arabian Spirit win at Ayr....! Unbacked by me of course :sad He's entered at Epsom on Monday & should get his conditions, will he run with a penalty? As I'm not working will I make the trip for the funeral having missed the wedding? We'll see. Remembered the camera this time & took some snaps, liked the statue of Dessie & was rather taken with this filly in the parade ring, the horse was quite nice too! Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Richard Fahey decided against running Arabian Spirit at Epsom, he would have had a 6lb pen which would have given him 10-5 to carry & he wanted to see how much the handicapper put him up, the answer to that being 6lb. He was entered at Thirsk on Saturday but has not been declared, the going is too fast. Press Release iback from his gelding op & is entered at Bath on Monday, I won't be going as I have something on. I am however on my travels again, setting off a bit later for the west of London again. Saharia is in at Kempton again on Saturday & I have decided to make a long weekend of it. Hopefully I can get a wi fi connection & post up some thoughts before hand. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Right got connected, first thing back to the Saturday favourite bet, two selections today. Tout Regulier in the 2.20 at Stratford & Starspangledbanner 3.35 Haydock. Bet. 2 x 2.8pt singles & a 1.8pt double @ 2/1 & 15/8 Bet365 BOG. Stake is 7.4pts rounded up. So Kempton. Saharia is in the last & I have to say it looks a little bit harder than his last two runs with Internationaldebut, My Gacho, Parvaaz & Yankee Storm all showing a similar level of form to our lad & Primaeval & Mambo Spirit have C&D wins. The good news is 3yo's have won all the three runnings to date but while Saharia should go well I rather fancy the Jarvis 3yo Parvaaz who looks an improver & won at this trip at Carlisle LTO after not settling & seeming not to stay the time before at 1m. At a general 8/1 & 1/5 the odds I'm inclined to wait to see what I can get on course, I'll have a small win bet at the best I can get. Bet. Saharia 10pts on course. For the rest of the card. I like the Godolphin runner Signs in the Sand in the first who won a Newmarket maiden over the trip by 6l LTO. Hooray who has a pen for winning the Lowther & the Paddyman look the dangers. Buxted has C&D form in the next but needs to improve. Holberg also has form here but on a line through Sans Frontieres Laaheb can beat him if he takes to the surface. The London Mile looks hard & Biondetti is odds on in the next but Darej could be anything, I'll pass on both these. Tuscan Gold looks a Prescott improver for the step up to 2m & I've backed this one. Giving the next a miss & I've backed Parvaaz in the last as mentioned above. Bet. Signs in the Sand, Tuscan Gold & Parvaaz 10pt trixie @ 9/4, 7/4 & 7/4 Bet365 BOG, 40pts staked. I'll also be backing these three in singles on the track along with Laaheb at 30pts each. Got the train into London yesterday & had a good look round, been a long time since I was in the capital. Right I'll see about some lunch. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Right I'm now back home after my weekend away. It was a bit of a case of nearly a corking weekend on the punting front but ended up been a near miss, then again it could have been worse. First the bad news. After ducking the two selections for the Saturday favourite bet the other week & both won (no regrets I'd do the same) the pair both blobbed this time with the well backed Starspangledbanner especially disappointing. Still in front though & ever onwards. Fav System Bank 52.137pts Week 13 stake 6.428pts. Things looked to be going seriously pear shaped after the first when the well backed Signs in the Sand played up at the start. This set off a couple of the others in the stalls which saw them withdrawn & the Godolphin runner came home a poor third. However things got better after Laaheb took the next under a fine front running ride from Richard Hills, he really is different class when he makes it from the front. Tuscan Gold then produced a similar performance to take the 2m handicap & things were really looking up. In the last Saharia came home fourth, Daryll Holland said after thats as good as he is, the handicapper won't drop him for that & he'll be hard to win with but he did run his race & you can't ask for more. The good news is I backed the winner Parvaaz (Judas) which gave me the third winner of the day. Two winners in the trixie & the 40pts staked returned 75.63pts. I got 85/40 about Signs in the Sand, 3/1 Laheeb & 7/4 both Tuscan Gold & parvaaz along with 8/1 Saharia. The stakes as in the previous post came to 130pts & the returns were 285pts. So including the trixie a 170pts staked returned 360.63 on the day. Racing Club bets W/R 7/26 Stakes 650pts Returns 865.63pts P/L +215.63pts Press Release is not declared for Bath tomorrow, however he is entered at Wolverhampton on Friday which is a track I have not yet visted so I'm hoping he runs as I'm not working. Coconut Ice is in at Kempton on Wednesday, I don't know if she is an intended runner yet but I won't be going, partially because I've had three trips there in the last few weeks & it's a bloody long way but I'm going to Doncaster on Thursday with some work mates. Sunrise Safari is entered in the last & if he runs I may get in as an owner which will please the boys no doubt. Anyway it should be a good day as it's ladies day & the Doncaster girls can rival anybody at seeing what they can turn up in without getting arrested for indecent exposure. Saharia in the parade ring. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Good job I didn't go down to Kempton again for Coconut Ice's return this evening. She's a non runner, apparently she had a temperature when the vet checked her over & she was pulled out early this morning. She's in at Musselburgh on Monday but I wouldn't have thought she'd be right for that either. Sunrise Safari as got in the last at Donny tomorrow, he was fourth in the race last year but was in better form. I have an owners badge confirmed & will look at the card a bit later & will post any bets tonight or before I set off tomorrow. Press Release is also declared for Wolverhampton on Friday evening, I have applied for a badge but won't know till probably tomorrow but I would be suprised if I don't get one. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 I'll have to keep this quite brief as I need to get ready & scoot off for the train. No thoughts from the Timeform crew as yet to the chance of Sunrise in the last. He has the flat galloping track he needs & the thought was he might not like it too fast these days so conditions to suit. They are likely to run at a strong pace which he needs too & he was fourth in this last year off 5lb higher. He's worth a small ew I think. For the rest of the card. I like to try to find one to go in on to pay for the day & while theres a couple I quite fancy I can't see one I'd lump on. I've had a bet in all but one race though & will play to small stakes on the track as I'm with the lads & there'll be plenty of beer supped!! 2.00 16 left after one non runner so far, about half the field hasn't run & the favs odds on. I'll have a small bet on Galiando who should go on the ground & get the trip on breeding. Bet. Galiando 10pts @ 17.0 Betfair. 2.35 This is the race I haven't bet on. Spanish Duke looks progressive but is a bit short for a race where not much can be left out, pass. 3.10 Wootton Bassett won a similar race at York LTO the runner up there Galymore Lad is 8lb better off for 1.75l but the winner was going away at the end. Big field which could contain owt or nowt but Galymore Lad is a fair price. Bet. Galymore Lad 20pts @ 13/2 VCBet BOG. 3.45 In the end I've gone for Rumoush here. Good win FTO then ran better than at first look in the 1000 Guineas where drop in trip & the draw didn't help. Didn't handle the track in the Oaks but ran ok LTO in France on soft at 10f & this step up in trip could be what she needs. Meeznah has run well in all the major Oaks & Easten Aria should go well but Rumoush looks the one with the most scope to progress. Bet. Rumoush 20pts @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG. 4.20 Ragsah is improving but looks a bit short on form so far. Eucharist is also going the right way & overcame trouble in runninng to win at Goodwood, extra half furlong no problem. Again there could be anything in the field but I quite like the Hannon horse. Bet. Eucharist 30pts @ 11/2 Hills BOG. 4.55 If Miss Zooter wins this I may just go looking for Mr Beckett & shake him warmly by the throat!!! Sent from Heaven & Habaayib have classic form from the 1000 but are both on the recovery trail. Dever Dream & Miss Zooter should both go well but I'll take them on with Queen of Mean who's had one run in Yarmouth maiden where she dotted up on easy ground. Could be that it's just a day out for the owners but Gosden's not the type to do that & she's worth a punt. Bet. Queen of Mean 20pts @ 8/1 Stan James BOG 5.25 I like Roker Park here. Looks well handicapped, goes on any & seems to be hitting form, he'll do for me. Bets Roker Park 30pts @ 15/2 VCBet. Sunrise Safari 5pts ew @ 28/1 VCBet both BOG. I'll probably chuck a few quid at the placepot as well but that & any other bets will not be included. Finally I have a badge for tomorrow evening at Wolverhampton, should be interesting. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Not a bad day at all yesterday, just a few spots of rain before the first but then the sun came out. A couple of returns from yesterdays bets to make a profit as well. Sunrise ran a good race to get the ew from fourth & now goes to Ayr all been well, probably for the Bronze Cup. He's in the Gold Cup but won't get in that, he might squeeze in the Silver Cup & Richard Fahey is thinking of sticking him in a 7f handicap as well & seeing how that race looks. With Valery Bortzov a non runner there was a rule 4 which took a bit off the returns. Eucharist landed the other bet under a strong Hughes drive by a short head. The pick in the first was a non runner so a 130pt stake returned 229.75pts for +99.75pts on the day. Racing Club bets W/R 9/32 Stakes 780pts Returns 1095.38pts P/L +315.38pts The Timeform boys reckon Press Release has somewhere around 20lb to find on their ratings with the likes of Bilko Pak & Hortensia & that tonight is more about seeing what he's like after been gelded with regard to his attitude. He got left in the stalls at Beverley LTO & has wandered under pressure before. He does have a good draw in 1 & if he does come out quick & straight he might go quite well from the front. Big if though & he's a general 20/1 & not much bigger on Betfair. I've tried to get a small bet matched on the place only market but no taker as yet. I'll have a small bet on him at the track I think. Picked a few for tonight & already had a bet. 5.30 This looks between Fantasy Fighter & Cavitie who beat the former LTO. Not much between them here but Cavitie is a bit better drawn & worth a punt. 6.00 Of the two mentioned above in Press Release's race I like the Hannon horse Bilko Pak who's wacked down in class from his last two starts. Could be better drawn but he should go well. In two of the next three races there are a couple of odds on shots which I can see much to back against them & the middle race I can make a case for most of the field so I'll leave these three races alone. 8.00 I like Captivator here, she's shown enough in three starts to suggest she can win a weak race like this, Fun Affair looks the one to beat. 8.30 Ayam Zainah was a good second in a similar event at Lingfield last week wearing a first time visor, is also 3lb lower so if the headgear works again she should be thereabouts again. 9.00 I wasn't going to stay for the last but I fancy Pipers Piping quite strongly in this. Twice a course winner & a good run in second at Brighton last week. Not many of these look in much form & he can score again here. Bets. Cavitie 20pts @ 7/2 Hills. Bilko Pak 20pts @ 7/2 Hills. Press Release 10pts @ 6.0 place Betfair, pending. Captivator 20pts @ 10/3 Bet365. Ayam Zainah 20pts @ 7/2 Hills. Pipers Piping 40pts @ 7/4 Hills all BOG. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Very nearly didn't make it to Wolverhampton last night. Got stuck in a jam on the M6 & as the clock ticked round to time for the first the sat nav said I was still nearly 20 miles away. Luckly things got moving & I made it in time to get straight in the parade ring, picture attached. Again he didn't come out that well but Richard Kingscote got him up to about third at the end of the back straight & round the turn he had a chance. Richard said after that at the 2f marker he asked for an effort & got nothing & he thinks he may have a breathing problem. The assistant trainer was there & he seemed to think that it might be time to get rid. Reading the club web site this morning they are going to have a think about it but it looks like he may go to the Autumn horses in training sales. It's a shame really, he's a nice looking animal & did show promise on his runs at Chester & Musselburgh & it looked like he could win somewhere but that was a poor race last night. Asking about Coconut Ice it looks like she may go to Musselburgh on Monday, if she does I won't go, I've been there & there may be other chances later in the week. She is in at Sandown as well on Wedsnesday & I've yet to vist there is that could be a possible. Arabian Spirit is in at Ayr on Thursday, I'll wait to see where Sunrise is entered at Ayr & decide what to do. The good news is I managed a couple of winners & the others gave me a run for the money. 130pts staked returned 200pts. Racing Club bets W/R 11/38 Stakes 910pts Returns 1295.38pts P/L +385.38pts I have to say that this is making me have a serious rethink about my punting, I usually stick to the better class racing & if I hadn't been going to Wolverhampton I would have barely glanced at the card. With the amount of racing we have it's not possible to study it all but maybe I ought to make an effort to take in some of the minor meetings. On that note I may look at Kempton tonight as I'm no fan of Chester & am wary of the ground changing. To the Saturday favourite bet. Two selections this week staked at 1.5pts each & a 1pt double with the stake rounded off to 6.4pts in the St Leger & the 7.30 at Kempton. Bets. Rewilding 2.4pts @ 11/8 Paddy Power BOG. Najoum 2.4pts @ 11/8 Bet365 BOG. 1.6pt double 11/8 & 5/4 Bet365 BOG. Rio.

post-484-14429283501392_thumb.jpg

Love reading this thread' date=' would really like to travel the country following horses im involved with in the future, living the dream mate.[/quote'] Thanks for that, I'm quite lucky that my circumstances allow me to do it & it does give you a different insight into racing. Coconut Ice is declared in the 4.20 at Musselburgh today. The Timeform boys think there's a few better in than her at the weights & the trainer thinks she may need to drop a couple of lbs to win a nursery. She does though have her conditions of a sharp 5f on fastish ground & for me if she ran to the form of the Lilly Agnes or even the Folkestone maiden, weak as it was she could go quite well. Stacked against that is she needed a break after three quick runs & did have a temperature only last week. She's a general 16/1 shot but there's a couple of layers going 20's & VCBet are 22/1 which is worth a small ew. Bet. Coconut Ice 5pts ew @ 22/1 VCbet BOG. She's also still in at Sandown on Wedsnesday but they'd have to declare for that this morning & I'd be suprised if they did that. It seems that the plan for her & Press Release is that they'll both run again if suitable races appear for around the next month & then both go to the horses in training sales. It looks like Arabian Spirit will get his conditions for Ayr on Thursday with plenty of rain forcast for the next few days. Sunrise Safari is in the Bronze Cup on Friday & is also to be entered in the 7f handicap on Saturday. He's still in the Gold Cup but won't make the cut. I've asked for badges & all been well I'll have two or three days in Ayrshire. Finally the Saturday favourite bet. Rewilding flopped in the St Leger but Najoum won the other race at Kempton. There was a rule 4 though which knocked 10p in the £ off the return. Half to the bank & the rest to the stakes over the next fives weeks as usual. Fav System Bank 54.822pts Week 14 stake 6.965pts. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Just for a few seconds at around the furlong pole I thought she's going to win this & so apparently did Richard Kingscote who reported after that she just blew up close home. However it was a fine run & rarther than drop a couple of lbs I'd think she's likely to up a couple. It looks like the idea is to get her out quickly again which will probably next week when I'm back at work :\ The 5pts ew returned 27pts. Racing Club bets W/R 12/39 Stakes 920pts Returns 1322.38pts P/L +402.38pts Sunrise Safari has been entered in the 7f handicap on Saturday & also the Silver cup on the same card, he's still listed as an entry in the Gold Cup but I can't see him getting in. He's also in the Bronze Cup on Friday. Just to make things interesting Arabian Spirit who's in on Thursday has also been entered in the mile handicap on Saturday. I've asked for badges for the lot & will make my plans tomorrow when I know if Arabian is to run Thursday. Forgot to mention earlier that Saharia has been entered at Wolverhampton on Firday evening. Rio.

Re: Rio's Racing diary 2010 Arabian Spirit is declared for tomorrow, things are still up in the air for Sunrise. The Friday card is declared now apart from the Bronze Cup, apparently the field for this will be known after tomorrows decs for the Gold & Silver Cups. The trainer thinks he might not get in but he is in the 7f handicap on Saturday although he needs a good few to drop out of that as well. I'm going up later today & staying till Saturday, if we don't get a runner I'll probably go Friday anyway & maybe Saturday as well depending on the card. Nice of the powers that be to bring in the 48hr decs & then change the rules to suit themselves again. Saharia is not declared for Wolverhampton on Friday. Rio.