Tennis (indian Wells)

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) molik to beat malek evens bet365 1 point! think this is worth a small bet! molik is an ex-top tenner and though those days are far behind her i still feel there's juice left in the tank yet!! she's beaten the likes of zheng,makarova,mirza,camerin and kutozova this year already and she shopuld have bet coin in the aussie open(was a set and 5-2 up) she lost in straights to kleybanova but that wasn't so bad considering kleybanova went on to hammer everyone in that tournament including dementieva! i get the impression molik is motivated this year to get her ranking back and she should be motivated for a big tournament like indian wells! i just feel malek is very overrated!fair enough she beat na li a few weeks ago but you would have to think na was well off form as malek lost the next round to chanelle scheepers!! she's very ordinary really.....a bit of a plugger....and she won't make many mistakes but the classier players on form always find her out! the pick of her results this year (except li) was probably her victory against the off form mirza in pattaya but i reckon if molik plays anything like she's capable of she'll have too much class for malek! worth a punt

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) First bet for the week Chan to beat Voegele @ 5/6 (William Hill) 2 fairly young players, both can hit pretty hard but also erratic aswell. But think Chan is in better shape for this one.....she won a couple of matches in Dubai beating Rogowska and Brianti before falling to Lisicki. Retired in the first round of Kuala Lumpur against Kudryavtseva. But most importantly she has won 2 qualifiers here at Indian Wells beating Dubois in 3 and Lepchenko in straights - very important to get some matches under her belt and should stand her in good stead here. Indian Wells is typically a slow hard court and the conditions take some getting used to, also change frequently. Chan also has a 5-3 record here. Voegele on the other hand is a player I like...talented and improving but not liking her form right now....has losses this year to Mirza(who is horrible right now), Chang, Azarenka at AO, Kulikova in Dubai with one bagel, and Scheepers in Kuala Lumpur. Has a win over Petrova this year but in rd 1 of any tournament Petrova is liable to lose to anyone. All in all, I like Voegele but think everything points to a Chan win here. Which means Voegele will win of course......:lol GL!

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) michael russell to beat marcos daniel at 8-15 paddypower! 2 points price is a bit short (could have been backed at 8-11 with stan james) but i feel confident about this bet. i actually don't rate de bakker that highly especially not on a hard court but he certainly has more pedigree on a hard court than marcos daniel! who has played 20 atp tour matches on hard court and lost 19 of these matches! add to that the fact that daniel is not in good form at the moment (really struggled during the south american clay court swing and looked overweight and sluggish) i feel this bet has to be done! de bakker is no world beater but he has beaten ram,haase and hajek on hard this year so far and has a much better hard court record overall in his career than daniel!! i really don't think it will take much to beat daniel and de bakker is solid enough to get the job done!! de bakker winning in straight sets might be better value but 8-15 seems a reasonable price to me!!

Re: Tennis (indian Wells)

Sport Tennis
Event Victor Hanescu - Juan Ignacio Chela
Selection Victor Hanescu
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.66 (Back)
Reasoning Neither of these two are in decent form to make huge impact in this tournament. Though I have to say that Hanescu is in a little bit better shape than Chela. The veteran Chilean still can do some stuff on clay but hard courts won't do him any good. Actually they met not so long ago in Aussie open and Hanesu won in straight sets. Surely he can win again.

Event Michael Berrer - Mardy Fish
Selection Michael Berrer
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning Fish did play some fine tennis in Delray Beach, but was totally outplayed by Karlovic in semifinal. Other than Delray Beach the tournament he won last year Fish has been really poor this year. Berrer on the other hand has impressed! His last match against Baghdatis in Dubai was a disappointment but other than that he's been really good. The German leads H2H by 1-0 and should win this match.

Event Thiemo de Bakker - Marcos Daniel
Selection Thiemo de Bakker
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 1.61 (Back)
Reasoning De Bakker is a good prospect. Funny I'm saying this knowing that the Dutch player has been around for a while. He's a decent player on clay and can hit some balls on hard courts as well. Taking into consideration his clay court experience he should be able to handle an oldie like Daniel is. The Brazilian has only one match win all year and that was against poor Lorenzi. Really can't see him making past 1st round here.

Event Alejandro Falla - Florent Serra
Selection Florent Serra
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Serra is a better player no doubt about that. My problem with him is that he often makes a mess of good opportunities. The same thing happened earlier this year against Soderling in Rotterdam and Davydenko in Dubai. In both matches Serra took first set, lost close 2nd set and then threw in a towel. Ridiculous! Let's just hope he doesn't do the same thing against Falla. The Colombian player nothing special this year and Serra should take care of him.

Event Sergiy Stakhovsky - Wayne Odesnik
Selection Sergiy Stakhovsky
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Stakhovsky is a better player of these two. Odesnik can perform on this level but is relying too much on his serve but Stakhovsky is not so one sided player and should come out as a winner here, only based on overall quality. This match could be very tight, possibly 3 sets but Stakhovsky still must be a winner.

Sport Tennis
Event Paul-Henri Mathieu vs. Benjamin Becker
Selection Mathieu
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97 (Back)
Reasoning This will going to be first game for Paul-Henri Mathieu in 2010 and he will play against Benjamin Becker. Well, first of all I have to mentionate that in a situation like this form will always be a unknown fact as it is about a long pause. There are no doubts that Mathieu could not show his best tennis right from the start but being rated with these equal odds against Benjamin Becker is already too exaggerated. From the class point of view Becker is just one class under Mathieu, his present rating position has a lot of influence on these odds as it makes him overrated and do not represent the reality. Becker is a player with limited qualities, his tennis is based on his nice serve and forehand, besides that he don´t possess nothing else special. Speaking about Benjamin´s form recently I have to say that at Davis Cup he didn´t impressed too much, so I can´t see an advantage fot him from this point of view. A lot of importance will have Mathieu´s preparation for this his first tournament, he could play his best tennis right from the start or not, such things you´ll never know, certain is that he possess more experience and is just one class over Benjamin Becker. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Guilermo Garcia-Lopez vs. Lukas Lacko
Selection Garcia-Lopez
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.65 (Back)
Reasoning Well, this is a specific (underrated-overrated) situation, Guillermo Garcia-Lopez has already six defeats in a row while Lukas Well, this is a specific (underrated-overrated) situation, Guillermo Garcia-Lopez has already six defeats in a row while Lukas Lacko had more wins in the last period. First of all, I have to say that Lacko´s form shouldn´t be underrated as he really impressed recently, from this point of view he has an advantage. Speaking about the class difference between Lacko and Garcia-Lopez, well here I will say that Lacko´s defence is about at the same level as Garcia-Lopez´s defence, but what differentiate these two players are the qualities in attack as Garcia possess more weapons from this point of view. Overall, I rate Garcia as a the better player and the more complete one, the reason why we have these great odds on his side as I have mentionated are that he had many defeats recently, but I doubt that speak about his form as he has lost against much more difficult players than Lacko. Anyway, Garcia´s lack of wins should affect his confidence in a way, so from this point of view Lukas has the advantage, the single one IMO as besides that Garcia-Lopez as I have mentionated is just the better player. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Serra to beat Falla @ 8/11 (William Hill) Reasonable price for Serra here. Falla leads h2h 1-0 from a match back in 2008...irrelevant now. Rate Serra as a better player overall...fairly solid, good serve and groundstrokes. He's performed OK in the last few months.....3rd round of AO and losses to Soderling, Monfils, Davydenko in other tournaments. He took sets off all of those guys and was in a winning position but mentally caved in the deciding sets. One thing you worry about Serra, when it gets tight can he up his game. Don't think Falla will force him to do this today though to be honest. Falla when he's on can play well on hard court....also reached 3rd round of AO...but hasn't played singles tennis since....almost 2 months ago because of injuries. Lefty with a good serve and attacking game. But the lack of matches could be decisive for him today. GL!

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Gulbis x Sprem Double @ 1.96 (Ladbrokes) Ladbrokes offering good price for this double. Also a one-ball bookie so no worries about retirements and void bets. Gulbis plays Chiudinelli....typically Gulbis is known as a talented player without the work ethic and consistency to really reach the top.But his performances in the last few weeks in the US have been good....semi at Memphis beating the likes of Stepanek and Berdych...and he won Delray Beach beating Karlovic in the final. Confidence is high so have to take him today. Chiudinelli is doing nothing this year really....lost to Devvarman in straights in Dubai and Brown in Johannesburg...poor losses. Clear class difference, all on Gulbis' racquet...hopefully he's motivated here. Sprem plays Shenay Perry. Another clear class difference....Sprem has been plagued by injuries in the past and not quite hitting the level she was previously but should have too much attacking game for Perry.Both came through qualifiers here but Sprem more comfortably...Perry was really lucky against Chang. Overall, form on Sprem's side and quality aswell. GL!

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Will be putting up my selection in the next few hours but found something extremely strange on Pinnacle Sports. Horacio Zeballos is 2.34 to beat Ricardo Mello tomorrow night. Am I missing something here? Zeballos is a Top 50 player, is proven on a hard court (albeit he prefers indoors) and Mello has a losing record against lefties. I'm stunned by this price, and have taken it. It's way, way too big on a player I reckon can win. Any thoughts from the rest of the crew would be appreciated.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) The Tour is back :notworthy Two selections for me on day 1 of Indian Wells Rajeev Ram vs Daniel Koellerer: Ram at 1.95 I think the price on the American is far too big here. Ram is by no means a world beater but he's at his most comfortable on a quick outdoor hard court in America. Last year, he took the mid-season US stint by storm. He has the big serve to act on this surface and will get cheap points off Koellerer. He's not been on brilliant form, but conditions will suit him here. As for Koellerer - or 'Crazy Dani', as some will know - this guy is talented but also a complete nutcracker. Just type Crazy Dani into YouTube and you'll see what I mean. He loves playing mind games with the opponent, is prone to getting into serious strops. His compatriot, Stefan Koubek, won't play with him at the Davis Cup because he thinks Koellerer is one finger short of a full fist. He actually has a bit of talent, but his recent form is woeful, and I question his motivation. If Ram can stay serene - and I think he will - then he should prevail here. Bet strength: 6/10 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports Michael Berrer vs Mardy Fish: Berrer at 2.01 This is a bad match-up for Fish. The American is low in confidence and not playing particularly well. He only has one real tactic - come to the net - and when that fails, his confidence and form dips. Berrer's a carbon copy of him - big serve, attacks the net. He's also a lefty, and he'll get a lot of cheap points from his sliding serve. Since teaming up with Claudio Pistolesi, Berrer's game has improved dramatically. He's more comfortable indoors, but I think the German's game will suit the ultra-quick conditions here. He's also beaten Fish in their only meeting, so I'm happy to back him to do so again. Bet strength: 4/10 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports Good luck, Atko

Will be putting up my selection in the next few hours but found something extremely strange on Pinnacle Sports. Horacio Zeballos is 2.34 to beat Ricardo Mello tomorrow night. Am I missing something here? Zeballos is a Top 50 player' date= is proven on a hard court (albeit he prefers indoors) and Mello has a losing record against lefties. I'm stunned by this price, and have taken it. It's way, way too big on a player I reckon can win. Any thoughts from the rest of the crew would be appreciated.
Well Mello maybe has loosing records against lefties but he leads 3-1 against Zeballos winning both on hard last year.Also he is much better form this season and passed qualies here while Zeballos played last match almost month ago on clay.Both are offensive with similar weapons so slow conditions doesnt suit anyone in particular.There isnt much to seperate them in terms of quality so i think odds are almost spot on.

Well Mello maybe has loosing records against lefties but he leads 3-1 against Zeballos winning both on hard last year.Also he is much better form this season and passed qualies here while Zeballos played last match almost month ago on clay.Both are offensive with similar weapons so slow conditions doesnt suit anyone in particular.There isnt much to seperate them in terms of quality so i think odds are almost spot on.
Yeah, I saw the H2H, although the two losses last year were in Brazil (Mello's home) in challengers. This is a Tour event. Zeballos is ranked a lot higher than Mello too. I'm not the world's biggest fan of Zeballos but I thought he'd be the favourite here.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) jasmin xinyun han to beat jamie hampton in itf clearwater event 8-13 bet365 2 points! hope people followed my 3 pointer on zhou yesterday who hammered kimberly kouts!! though i think johannson is an absolute cert at 1-4 to beat siegemund that price is way too short for a single bet but she is good accumulator material! has already beaten siegemend twice over the last year or so (6-1,6-3 and 6-3,6-3) she has won an itf challenger event over the past month and siegemends results have been awful!! anyway, back to my main bet!! han is a very useful player who seems to be coming into her own this year! she qualified for the australian open main draw beating the likes of pivovarova on the way(who is also a good prospect) and then took a set off stosur in the first round!! she got well beaten by cibulkova in the fed cup but hammered kucova a day later! she's got a nice backhand, a deft little drop shot(unusuual quality for asian many female asian players) and seems mentally quite strong! jamie hampton seems to be a decent youngster and seems to be on the up! she got to the final of a challenger in lutz losing to minella and most recently was competitive against tetreault in midland (losing 7-5,6-3)! she also beat floris yesterday which is a decent result at itf challenger level so the 20 year old is not to be under-estimated! however, i really feel that han is one for the future and has performed at a level well above hampton this year and 8-13 is a price worth taking!! if that price seems short an accumulator of han and larsson would pay at over evens and i think thats a good bet!!

michael russell to beat marcos daniel at 8-15 paddypower! 2 points price is a bit short (could have been backed at 8-11 with stan james) but i feel confident about this bet. i actually don't rate de bakker that highly especially not on a hard court but he certainly has more pedigree on a hard court than marcos daniel! who has played 20 atp tour matches on hard court and lost 19 of these matches! add to that the fact that daniel is not in good form at the moment (really struggled during the south american clay court swing and looked overweight and sluggish) i feel this bet has to be done! de bakker is no world beater but he has beaten ram,haase and hajek on hard this year so far and has a much better hard court record overall in his career than daniel!! i really don't think it will take much to beat daniel and de bakker is solid enough to get the job done!! de bakker winning in straight sets might be better value but 8-15 seems a reasonable price to me!!
sorry i meant to say de bakker to beat daniel as my tip although if you read it you woulkd have understand that!! russell shouls also win easy against the struggling lorenzi and incredibly stan james were offering 4-7 about russell originally (now he's as short as 1-5)! i wish i could get a bet on with stan james......they do not have a clue!!!

Sport Tennis
Event Andreas Beck vs. Ramon Delgado
Selection Beck (+2.5) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.84 (Back)
Reasoning Andreas Beck is clear underrated in this one as he is much better player than Ramon Delgado, he had just more defeats in the last period but that against difficult players as: Melzer, Berdych, Stepanek, Clement, Djokovic, Clement or Kubot. All these players, even Kubot is just one class over Delgado who is nothing else than just a player with limited qualities. Delgado's had many wins in the last period but that can't change his real level, maybe he will have the advantage of form against Beck but the difference in class is just too meaningful here to offer this crazy odds on Andreas Beck. As I have mentionated Beck's form is not bad as the stats show and to play against Clement for example and against Delgado are different things. The difference in class between these two players is just too meaningful here and without any doubts Delgado just can't be favourite, Delgado is a player who purely don't possess any dangerous weapons to be able to surprise a more difficult player. Clear value IMO. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Oliver Rochus v Fabio Fognini
Selection Olivier Rochus
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 1.66 (Back)
Reasoning Stand out price here and I think it's worth taking. Both guys in pretty poor form but I still think on hard courts Rochus has the higher level. Whenever I've seen Fognini this year he's had parts of matches where he is really poor. Expect Rochus to be more solid and should be fairly comfortable.
Sport Tennis
Event Carlos Moya v Tim Smyczek
Selection Carlos Moya
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning I mentioned during the clay swing how I didn't think Moya would have much success on clay anymore, but he actually played pretty well. Now, this is a place where I think he can do alright. He's had a few decent runs in this tournament and always seems to like the conditions. I've only seen Smyczek once and I didn't think he was up to much. Don't think he's a top 200 player. He had a couple of easy wins in qualifying, but sometimes those results can be weird. Moya should nail him here.
Sport Tennis
Event Bobby Reynolds v Mario Ancic
Selection Bobby Reynolds
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Interesting to see Ancic back, but think he should struggle. It'll be really hard for him to get back to the level required for ATP tournaments, and I think he'll struggle here. Reynolds is a better player than his ranking, and after a couple of wins in qualifying I think he's a pretty strong fav over Ancic.
Sport Tennis
Event Julie Coin v Timea Paszek
Selection Julie Coin
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Coin played a poor match when I backed her last week but I still think she's playing well this year. Certainly well enough to be a reasonable fav over Paszek. Paszek's form seems to be pretty poor and she is still making far too many errors.
Sport Tennis
Event Melanie Oudin v Roberta Vinci
Selection Melanie Oudin
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.54 (Back)
Reasoning I expect Oudin to play well in the next couple of tournaments. She found her form in Paris then did pretty well in Memphis after a tough trip. Now in a big tourney with the crowd behind her she should play close to her best. She's got a couple more levels than Vinci who si very average. Her form is OK but I think Oudin will be far too strong.

Sport Tennis
Event Schuettler - Alves
Selection Schuettler
Strength 10/10
Date 11/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning Alves passed qualies here to play his only 14 match on Atp main level on hardcourts.So far he recorded four victories and casulties were only claycourtes with Reynolds as exception.He likes to play most of his matches on hardcourts as he posses solid serve and likes to play attacking tennis.But although his shots got some zip he doesnt have enough precision in them and should have plenty of problems dealing with German who has excellent defending skills.Schuettler deploys counter-pounching style and recorded some nice results here when in his prime,and today really should fed off nicely from pace Alves brings to courts.Schuettler form wasnt great till now this season but he has two wins here under his belt already to help his cause.He enjoys this conditions and has opponent who doesnt posses enough weapons to hit through him if he stays solid today.German has unexperienced opponent at this level,matchup and conditions in his favour so he looks like decent favourite to me.

Sport Tennis
Event Nadia Petrova vs. Patty Schnyder
Selection Schnyder
Strength 10/10
Date 12/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.94 (Back)
Reasoning This should be a very interesting game as both players can play great quality tennis. From the class point of view I think that there is almost no difference between Petrova and Schnyder, but the russian player is rated as favourite. Well, Petrova is in the position of favourite because she is in a better rating position at the moment and she has registered better results on the paper than Schnyder. With other words, Petrova's form looks better than Schnyder's form and certain here I have to disagree as Patty didn't impressed in some tournaments recently, that is true but that has not too much to do with the next tournament, cause certain here at Indian Wells she made a strong start, in her first game against Garbin she showed some great tennis, that tennis which characterize Schnyder's real level. The preparation for Indian Wells looks much better for Patty, she has played her tennis against Garbin and that makes all the difference. As I have mentionated these two players are very closed to each other's level, so this could be a tough game, Schnyder knows how to win against Petrova and so Petrova do, anyway certain is that Patty just shouldn't be underrated with these odds as her form certain here at Indian Wells is great. Good Luck!

The Tour is back :notworthy Two selections for me on day 1 of Indian Wells Rajeev Ram vs Daniel Koellerer: Ram at 1.95 I think the price on the American is far too big here. Ram is by no means a world beater but he's at his most comfortable on a quick outdoor hard court in America. Last year, he took the mid-season US stint by storm. He has the big serve to act on this surface and will get cheap points off Koellerer. He's not been on brilliant form, but conditions will suit him here. As for Koellerer - or 'Crazy Dani', as some will know - this guy is talented but also a complete nutcracker. Just type Crazy Dani into YouTube and you'll see what I mean. He loves playing mind games with the opponent, is prone to getting into serious strops. His compatriot, Stefan Koubek, won't play with him at the Davis Cup because he thinks Koellerer is one finger short of a full fist. He actually has a bit of talent, but his recent form is woeful, and I question his motivation. If Ram can stay serene - and I think he will - then he should prevail here. Bet strength: 6/10 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports Michael Berrer vs Mardy Fish: Berrer at 2.01 This is a bad match-up for Fish. The American is low in confidence and not playing particularly well. He only has one real tactic - come to the net - and when that fails, his confidence and form dips. Berrer's a carbon copy of him - big serve, attacks the net. He's also a lefty, and he'll get a lot of cheap points from his sliding serve. Since teaming up with Claudio Pistolesi, Berrer's game has improved dramatically. He's more comfortable indoors, but I think the German's game will suit the ultra-quick conditions here. He's also beaten Fish in their only meeting, so I'm happy to back him to do so again. Bet strength: 4/10 Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports Good luck, Atko
Koellerer d. Ram 6-1 6-3 :@ Fish d. Berrer 1-6 6-1 6-3 :@ Poor start by me. IAmGooner, my chapeau is doffed in your direction :clap

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) The crash landing is coming soon, Atko..........:lol Two fairly tempting ones today but I'm not 100% sure about them. Becker to beat PHM @ 5/6..........surely Mathieu is unbackable here. 1st match in 4 months, reports that his camp are not sure what shape he's in. Could be one of those matches where he's just getting an idea where he's at. Saying that I don't like Becker much...limited player...Karlovic without the big frame...:lol....but I'd make him favourite at least. Molik to beat Garrigues @ Evens......Molik leads h2h 3-1 with all her wins on hard and one at Indian Wells in 2007. Looked good beating Malek in round one, served well. Garrigues lost to Zakopolova in straights in Monterrey....poor loss. She's a solid enough player without really having much in her armour. Just some thoughts.

Sport Tennis
Event Lu - Hernandez
Selection Under 20.5
Strength 10/10
Date 12/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Lu started season badly but lately picked his game and looked impressive.He recorded tight defeat to Verdasco(later winner) in San Jose, I saw his match against Roddick in Memphis and Lu held the upper hand in most of the rallies playing really great but Roodick serve was just too good that day and bailed him out of trouble.He continued with solid displays in qualies here and passed them with ease whitout getting broken.He doesnt posses huge power,but is very solid in defense and condtitons here should suit nicely to his counter pounching game.His opponent is 0-6 this season and lost his last ten matches.Back injury put him off on start of season and even on clay he looked really poor by his standards.Hernandez is typical claycourter lacking any sort of attacking options,he is 2-14 on hard in last couple of seasons and although conditions here are on slowish side that wont help his cause today.Lu has match practice,much better form and quality here so i cant see any troubles for him today.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Surely Benneteau has to be taken against Ancic tomorrow. Benneteau to beat Ancic @ 1/2 Seems a reasonable price for Benneteau I think...wouldn't take him any lower. Ancic is trying to get back to his best....battled past Bobby Reynolds but really Ancic at his best is a far better player than Reynolds. He's still getting his game back to where it was previously.....serve and return not as sharp as before. He reached the final of a Futures event last week in Texas losing to Artem Sitak(dunno who this guy is but his ranking is in 300's) in straights. Some indication of where Ancic's game is at. Benneateau on the other hand is probably playing as well as he's ever done. He's also 7-5 at IW beating the likes of Djokovic, Monfils, and Blake in previous years. He has a semi at Sydney and final at Marseille this year beating the likes of Tsonga and Monfils...and also got a run out in Davis Cup for France beating Becker in 2 sets. Confidence is high for Benneteau and his level right now should be higher than Mario's. Worth taking this.

Sport Tennis
Event Molik - Medina
Selection Molik
Strength 10/10
Date 12/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.08 (Back)
Reasoning Although i rate Molik as much better player at hardcourts i wouldnt take this bet at this spot normally.But Medina"s defeat to Zakopalova last week just forced me to do so.As Klara is really struglling with her game and her confidence seemed very low so i can imagine in how bad shape must Medina be to lose that match.Apart from solid tournament in Hobart and victory over poor Mirza she struglled so far.Otherwise i really like her game as she is very smart player doesnt have any special weapon,but is very hard to hit through and uses angles wisely.She has forth round here from 2008 and if in better form this courts would be ideal for her grinding game.Molik passed first round with ease against similar type in Malek and looked particulary impressive behind serve(75%points won) and that is always good sign as that is most important part of her game.She leads series 3-1,with only defeat at clay and winning their match here in 2007.I see Molik as a solid favourite as apart from condtions that suit opponent better everything else points as her match for taking.