** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis (indian Wells)

Re: Tennis (indian Wells)

Sport Tennis
Event Carla Suarez Navarro v Agnes Szavay
Selection Szavay
Strength 10/10
Date 15/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Carla Suarez Navarro is a litter bit overrated here as she Svetlana Kuznetsova but have to mentionate that the russian player didn't played her best tennis, her preparation for Indian Wells didn't impressed. So, the victory wasn't due to Suarez Navarro's great tennis thats why I say that she is overrated against Agnes Szavay who is overall a better player. Suarez can play better on clay, on hard she is not playing at the same level while Szavay is not affected by that. Szavay as Suarez Navarro did impressed here at Indian Wells, both showed a good form, so from this point of view no advantages for anyone, it is just all about the difference in class certain on hard where I rate Szavay as a better player. Navarro just comes after a surprise victory and thats why we have these odds on her side, rated with equal chances against a better player than her. All in all, Szavay possess more experience on faster surfaces and can play at a different level, so that should make the difference here. Good Luck!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Murray under 12.5 games vs Russell @ 4/7 Big gulf in class here, even if Murray isn't at his best I can see a straight sets win.....something like 6-4 6-3. Russell is having a decent swing in the US.....but has lost to Querrey, Zverez and Berdych over recent months. He beat the average Lorenzi in rd.1 and Andreev in rd.2. Murray has lots of points to defend here after getting to the final last year...he was OK against Seppi but still in no real danger...looked like he was struggling with the conditions. Should be OK today and even below-par his consistency should see off Russell. Molik vs Zheng Over 21.5 games @ 10/11 Looks like a tight 2-setter or possible 3-setter here.Molik has been excellent so far beatin Malek, AMG in a 3rd set breaker and wiping the floor with Baltacha including a bagel. She also beat Zheng in a 3 setter a few weeks back in Dubai. Zheng beat Cirstea and Sharapova here already. Interesting match-up.....Molik has clear advantages on her serve and this should keep her close in the match. Zheng's serve is really pretty poor. But in rallies and movement, Zheng has clear advantage and she can force errors from Molik once she gets her out of position. I think there'll be momentum shifts here and hopefully beat the line. Rezai vs Dementieva Over 19.5 games @ 4/5 Dementieva leads h2h 5-0 but I think Rezai is in better shape to play her now. She's beaten Szavay and Pennetta this year and really should have beaten Serena and Jankovic aswell...had some problems when it got tight against those players but she showed she could hang with them. Also beaten Tanasugarn and Schiavone at Indian Wells so far. Dementieva clearly better and more consistent player but I don't think she's in the form to beat the line here against Rezai.....she looked OK against Flipkens in the last round and lost a set to Govortsova in rd 1. Also was blown away by Kleybanova in the Kuala Lumpur final a few weeks back. Rezai has the baseline game and aggression here to get it over the line I think. GL!

Sport Tennis
Event Ljubicic-Djokovic
Selection Ljubicic
Strength 10/10
Date 17/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.10 (Back)
Reasoning First of all i must say this isnt only bet against Nole but also on Ivan.As this courts are like tailor made for his game.Thin air favours his huge serve and when relie starts are slow enough for him to prepare and execute his big shots(since 2005 he has been in quarters).I watched his match yesterday against Dabul and must say this was probably his best performance in a long time.Apart from loss of concentration at the end,every area of his game was excellent.Djokovic also loves this courts but once again he had to come from dead and only mental colapse from German saved his ass.He is still strugling with his serve and racking number of doubles all the time.He showed glimpses of improvment when goes in attack here but it is still very incosistent.Last time they meet in Dubai Ljubo was leading and had bunch of chances to clinch the match but really chocked it badly.But here he raised his game while Djokovic is more or less on same bad level,while courts and hot conditions favour him even more.There is no question will Ljubo have his chances but is he going to take them,and i believe this is right spot to do so.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Peer
SelectionJankovic (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.46 (Lay)
ReasoningJankovic was awfull against Errani and she should have lose that match.Today she will play against in form Peer and this should be the end for her.She is making lots of errors and is inconsistent on court.Peer should take this one.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Bartoli
SelectionBartoli (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.90 (Lay)
ReasoningRadwanska in fine form and she likes this tournament being two times in quarter final here.More to that she is leading h2h 4:0 and Bartoli won only 1 set in these four matches.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSuarez Navarro - Kleybanova
SelectionSuarez Navarro (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
ReasoningKleybanova in some nice form winning in Kuala Lumpur where she beat Dementieva in final and she continuous to impress.She defeated Clijsters and now she will play Spaniard who played three 3 setters and is pure crap on her serve.Clear favourite in this one imo.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMolik - Zheng
SelectionMolik (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.86 (Lay)
ReasoningThey played against each other not so long ago and Zheng was about 1.18 now she is suddenly 1.50.Not much changed since then and this three wins against weak opponents are not changing much for Molik imho.She still have to prove herself against stronger opponent and today she will have one in zheng.

Sport Tennis
Event Robin Soderling v Feliciano Lopez
Selection Feliciano Lopez
Strength 10/10
Date 16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.60 (Back)
Reasoning With all the upsets happening, it would be rude not to take this. Don't think Soderling is playing too well, and could be vunerable. H2H is 4-3 to Lopez including winning the last meeting on hard last year, and includes a lot of close matches. Don't think these conditions would suit Lopez, but he's a guy where it's probably more about his confidence than conditions.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Two bets stand out for me tonight. I think Dudi Sela to beat Tommy Robredo at 2.12 (Pinnacle) is worth playing. Sela leads the H2H 3-0 and is obviously a tough match up for Robredo. Sela did well in taking out Stepanek and will not fear Robredo. I think Robredo is struggling somewhat, he was put off his stride by his early Oz exit. It's all about confidence for him, and he seems low on that to me. The second bet is Jurgen Melzer -3.5 games against Simon Greul at 1.95 (Pinnacle). Greul has won the last three meetings but they've all been on clay, Greul's favoured surface. Melzer's in the form of his life right now and very confident. He was extremely good in Dubai getting to the semis and conditions here obviously suit him, having beaten Nalbandian fairly comfortably. Greul's been on a good run, but I reckon it may end here.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Peer - Jankovic Well the odds do not have any valus but Jankovic did not show us any high level tennis this season. She didn't improve her bad serve ; making too much unforced error. Volleys are also not good. On the other hand Peer is really playing good. She only lost big matches. At the moment , this match will be no problem for Peer. Peer @1.68 ( unibet ) Strenght : 10 / 10

Murray under 12.5 games vs Russell @ 4/7 Molik vs Zheng Over 21.5 games @ 10/11 Rezai vs Dementieva Over 19.5 games @ 4/5
1win-2loss tonight. 6w-6l for the week. Would have made profit tonight until Murray decided to go walkabouts in the final set. He led 5-2 and served for the match at 5-3 but ended up taking it 7-5 andlosing the bet. Sick.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Lay Isner versus Nadal @ 3.0 Should be a tricky match for Rafa but I see alot of things in his favour today. Isner is the most improved player on the tour in the last year....won in Auckland, final at Memphis, 1/4 final at AO this year and he beat 2 big guys in Querrey and Anderson here already. His serving has been top notch so far. But Nadal is regaining top form I think....he loves the courts here...fairly slow but his forehand can really move off the surface with the topspin. The match is pretty early aswell today which favours Nadal aswell in the heat. Isner can keep it close with his big serve and his tie-break record is great but Nadal can outplay him off the ground. Rafa has struggled in recent months with big hitters who can strike the ball flat on the rise....Isner is more a solid hitter rather than possessing a forehand weapon. Lay Troicki versus Berdych @ 3.0 Dangerous backing Berdych after his great display versus Verdasco, he struggles to back up results like that. Also Troicki beat him here last year. Troicki is in my view overrated...he's not really beaten anyone of note this year...Isner on clay, Serra, Kubot...and losses to Baghy, Flo Mayer, Berrer, Melzer. Here at IW Cuevas retired in rd 1 at 1-0 which was odd, and Davydenko retired giving Troicki a walkover. So no time to adjust to the courts or get tested here. Berdych is of course incredibly talented but mentally struggles to keep his level for a whole match. But he got a super win over Verdasco including one bagel and is a better player than Troicki. GL!

Sport Tennis
Event Almagro-Murray
Selection Almagro +1.5 Sets (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.92 (Back)
Reasoning Murray has great tools for this surface.Very powerfull first serve,great defence and all the angles to work out the points.He has great record here at 14-4 having played the final here last year.But so far he looked rusty and did not impress.His first serve % is below 50 and that causes him troubles as opponents are punishing his weaker second serve.I was wrong yesterday about Almagro chances against Blake as i couldnt see him overpowering American.But Almagro played with great confidence and was just better in high quality match.He saved 4 bp in his opening service game and after that put great serving performance as he fired up 19 aces.Murray played passive game so far and that worked against opponents without real weapons.Now he faces more powerfull and attacking player in superb form and this should be tricky for him as he is far from best form.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBaghdatis - Robredo
SelectionRobredo (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date17/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.94 (Lay)
ReasoningBaghdatis in great form.At Dubai he made it to the semi final and he gave real scare to Djoko.Here he won against Federer.And today he will be playing Robredo who is in rather average form being 5-5 this year.More to that Marcos is leading h2h 3:0.Clear favourite in this one imo.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Dementieva set hcp
SelectionRadwanska +1,5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date17/03/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningRadwanska in solid form and she is more than capable of winning ths one.Not to mention winning one set.In all of their previous matches Radwanska won at least one set and in three of these matches she won 2:0.Dementieva is not rock sholid which she showed against Kleybanova not so long ago and against Govortsova...

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Soderling - Tsonga Both players have good serves.They both like baseline rallies. Tsonga is coming to net more often ; Tsonga has excellent volleys. Backhand side of soderling is better than Tsonga. In this tournoment Soderling is more consistent than Tsonga. This match can go to 3 rd set. And at this point consistency will become very important.Soderling did not lose any set in this tournoment , on the other hand Tsonga lost a set against montanes.At head to head statistics Soderling leads 2-0. Moreover Soderling did not lose any set against tsonga. This match can be tough. But at the end Soderling is going to win. Soderling @1.77 ( Fonbet ) Strenght : 10 / 10

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Some good shouts from IAmGooner and Bet man yesterday. Nice work ;) As for today, one bet catches my eye. Ivan Ljubicic and Juan Monaco have always gone the distance each time they've played, so I like the look of over 23.5 games at 1.92 with Pinnacle. Monaco's last two games have gone to three sets here and he's a scrapper, a player who never gives up. Ljubicic has the serve to take plenty of cheap points but he'll suffer in the longer rallies. I can see there being at least one tie-break, and three sets is a distinct possibility. Their last two meetings were on clay - one win apiece - and although the quicker conditions will suit Ljubicic more, I can see this one having plenty of miles on the clock.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMaria Jose Martinez Sanchez - Stosur
SelectionMartinez Sanchez
Strength10/10
Date18/03/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.44 (Back)
ReasoningBoth in good form and solid wins in this tournament.These girl played against each other 3 times in the last months and Maria is leading h2h 2:1 with two straight sets wins.This odds should be more equal in my opinion and it's worth a shot.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Kleybanova
SelectionKleybanova (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date18/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.14 (Lay)
ReasoningJankovic surprised me like hell with her win over Peer and after that match and Kleybanova's struggle against Suarez Navarro I'm willing to trust Jelena.Quality wise she is still level above Kleybanova.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLjubicic - Monaco
SelectionMonaco (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date18/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.60 (Lay)
ReasoningThis courts suits Ljubicic and he always played good tennis here at IW.If he keeps serving like he does and playing on the high level like against Djokovic I jus't can't see any reason not to back him.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Robredo seems like good lay material I think. Massive H2H advantage for Roddick and his serve will keep him ahead here. Have to say Soderling's price stood out immediately at 6/4 versus Murray. Similar to when he played Davydenko a few weeks back. He's played better so far this week than Murray. Looked good against Tsonga and Lopez.....i think he's served better than Murray this week and can shoot through his defences aswell.Murray has looked really average so far. Have to think more about this.

Sport Tennis
Event Ivan Ljubicic vs. Juan Monaco
Selection Monaco
Strength 10/10
Date 18/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.46 (Back)
Reasoning Ivan Ljubicic is overrated a litter bitafterhis surprise victory against Novak Djokovic, this is the base reason for these odds, but the victory against Djokovic wasn't most due to serb's player not best tennis. Monaco improved visible on faster surfaces and his form here at Indian Wells is great, he hasdefeateddifficult players like Ferrero or Garcia-Lopez, games where he was the deserved winner. There are no doubts that Ljubicic possess much more experience and better qualities for hard and overall faster surfaces, but Monaco can create a lot of problems from the baseline where he can be so consistent. Monaco is surely a much better deffender than Ljubicic and his form of the moment makes him even more stable from the baseline, from where he should dominate the play. All in all, these odds are due most to Ljubicic's surprise victory against Djokovic, so I think that we have nice value here on Monaco's side. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Tomas Berdych vs. Rafael Nadal
Selection Berdych
Strength 10/10
Date 19/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.62 (Back)
Reasoning Tomas Berdych has been very impressive so far here at Indian Wells, he has played maybe his best tennis these days as there were very few errors in his play and a impressive accuracy in his shots as well. On the other hand Rafa comes after a pause quite long and he has proved that he is still not playing his best tennis even yesterday against John Isner, there were quite unforced errors in his play and many of his his deffensive deep on the baseline shots were just too short. Isner couldn't cope with Nadal till the end as the spaniard was just too dominant from the baseline, but I doubt that it will happen against Berdych too as the czech man can be very stable from this point of view. Berdych possess a great forehand, a shot imperative when you're going to play against Nadal's amazing defence. Rafa always has difficult tasks to play against powerful players, players who possess a final shot and can just dart you from the court. Certain is that this amazing player Rafael Nadal is still not at his best and that makes a lot of sense to go against him in this one as Berdych possess those specific qualities to be a dangerous opponent for his style. The only real way to win against Nadal is to be as much as aggressive possible, Berdych looked great from this point of view certain here at Indian Wells, so he should have for sure his real chances in this one. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Cheers bet man :ok Fingers crossed for a good day today. I'm going for one selection, and it's something IAmGooner touched on already. Andy Murray's not playing particularly well at the moment, while Robin Soderling is, so I like the look of Robin Soderling +2.5 games at 1.95 with Pinnacle. They've met three times before, with Murray leading 2-1 on the H2Hs, but their last meeting was four years ago. Both men are far better player now. Normally I'd look to oppose Soderling outdoors against a top 5 opponent, but he's hitting the ball so well at the moment. His serve and flat forehand are working brilliantly and he disposed of Tsonga with minimum fuss. Murray, on the other hand, has been pretty slovenly at IW. His serve, in particular, has let him down - he's been broken by Seppi, Russell and Almagro, far worse than Soderling. Murray may prevail but I can see Soderling running him very close if he doesn't win.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Wozniacki
SelectionRadwanska
Strength10/10
Date19/03/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningRadwanska is really good form.She made it to the semi final without droping a set yet.Wozniacki on the other hand was struggling a bit in her previous matches.She had to play three 3 setters and she looks inconsistent.Nothing more to say really apart from the fact that this is pure coin toss and I'm going with a higher odds.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Stosur
SelectionStosur (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date19/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.40 (Lay)
ReasoningJankovic seems to be gaining some confidence and even if she is not in top form she is still better player than Stosur.Stosur against Martinez Sanchez was not that great and I don't know how Spaniard didn't managed to win second set...Stosur was making lots of unforced errors and I think that in a longer rallies Jankovic will have an edge over her.H2H is 2:0 for Jelena.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Will give this awful tournament one more try. Probably back Murray in some capacity later too.

Sport Tennis
Event Jelena Jankovic v Samantha Stosur
Selection Jelena Jankovic -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 19/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning Both players seem to have found a bit of form in this tournament. Jankovic has been struggling for a while but looks a bit more like her old self, and now we're deep in the tournament I expect her to perform better. Stosur has had a good run, but conversely now we're at this stage of the tournament I think maybe she will have a bad one. Think this match up will suit Jankovic, her returns are excellent and should help to nullify Stosurs game.
Sport Tennis
Event Andy Roddick v Tommy Robredo
Selection Andy Roddick -4.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Roddick dominates Robredo leading H2H 10-0. He's even 2-0 on clay where Robredo should have a big edge. Mentally that's got to be tough and now to have to play on US hardcourts. Every previous meeting on hard courts has been very comfortable for Roddick. Robredo simply hates playing big servers, and Roddick is the biggest. Roddick also grinds from the back very well (and getting better) so Robredo really doesn't have a part of this match he will like. Both in OK form coming into this but it really should be Roddick coming through, and without problems.

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray v Robin Soderling
Selection Andy Murray -2.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.05 (Back)
Reasoning Reading a few forums I see a lot of support for Soderling, and I even see some suggesting Soderling as favourite. Proposterous! Murray loves this part of the season and he's played well enough so far. Expect him to step up in this match and play really well. They haven't played since '06 but I expect this to be a good match up for Murray. He should be able to contain Soderlings groundies, be good on return and move the big lad around and get him out of his rythem. This is a stand out price and it seems like the bet to me.

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Soderling - Roddick Soderling is playing very good tennis at this tournoment. He beat murray yesterday without losing any set. Also he didn't lose any set at this tournoment.Both players have very good serve. But on the baseline rallies Soderling is better than roddick. At head to head statistics Soderling leads 2-0 . Soderling did not lose a set against roddick. Moreover he won the 3 tie-break sets against roddick. Probably there will be a tie-break in this match , and it is a advantage for Soderling. Roddick is last year's semi-finalist at this tournoment. This year it will be the same again , in my opinion. Soderling will qualify for the final. Soderling @1.73 ( pinnaclesports ) Strength : 10 /10

Re: Tennis (indian Wells) Soderling's price is dropping....not liking the 4/6 in most places but Betfair still have him at 1.73 which seems reasonable. I was hoping for 1.8-2.0 but never gonna happen after beating Murray. Soderling versus Roddick over 23.5 games @ 5/6 Seems the logical play here. Roddick has been serving like a beast all week so it's gonna be difficult for Soderling to break him here....possibly one tie-break at least I'd say. Andy rarely obliterates opponents anyway as seen by his results all week...steady, straight sets wins but usually one brak is enough for him. Soderling has huge advantages on the ground though....he over powered Murray and Roddick's defences are not as good...so I expect Soderling to be competitive on his serve. He's looked good this week beating Lopez, Tsonga and Murray in good form. Soderling has beaten Roddick twice before and 3 of the 4 sets have been in tie-breaks. Two tight sets with one tie-break or a 3-setter here. Hopefully over the line. GL!