UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

heniek31

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

Well, Dystin has started 29 fixtures so far this season, and I assumed when they signed him, he was a replacement for Lescott? Tony Hibbert wears number two and features in a large percentage of first team games, even with Jagielka being fit. I fail to see how either could not be considered first choice. Tim Cahill plays as a central midfielder, unless I've been watching a different Everton :unsure He's only used in a forward position when injuries dictate. I don't dismiss you as an Everton fan because you obviously watch more of them, but I don't agree with what you've said about them. Is the team sheet available already?
Team will more than likely be Howard, Neville, Yobo, Senderos, Baines, Donovan, Osman, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Pienaar, Saha. 4 - 4 - 1 - 1. You're partially right about those players. Moyes generally prefers youth and Distin has always been thought of as a stopgap until Jagielka returns to fitness. Heitinga, Jagielka and perhaps Yobo would get in before him. Hibbert usually gets in because of injuries to other players, because Neville is versatile. Cahill excells when he plays off the striker. You've a sound knowledge about football, a lot more than me but I feel it's always worth getting a supporters view even if some are slightly biased(myself included) and I just thought it was slightly misleading saying some of those players were first choice. This will probably be 0 - 0 now, you watch.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I like Salzburg even more now. Apparently Liege are having trouble adapting to the artificial turf they'll be playing on tonight. Salzburg for me have been the surprise of the tournament definitely. I watched them when they struggled to get past Bohemians much earlier, and I thought they didn't technically look any better than their Irish opponents. Since then, they've gone from strength to strength.

Team will more than likely be Howard, Neville, Yobo, Senderos, Baines, Donovan, Osman, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Pienaar, Saha. 4 - 4 - 1 - 1. You're partially right about those players. Moyes generally prefers youth and Distin has always been thought of as a stopgap until Jagielka returns to fitness. Heitinga, Jagielka and perhaps Yobo would get in before him. Hibbert usually gets in because of injuries to other players, because Neville is versatile. Cahill excells when he plays off the striker. You've a sound knowledge about football, a lot more than me but I feel it's always worth getting a supporters view even if some are slightly biased(myself included) and I just thought it was slightly misleading saying some of those players were first choice. This will probably be 0 - 0 now, you watch.
Yeah, I agree, it's always valued to have a fans perspective. Those players have been first choice this season :) ....so, for me, it is important to clarify those players as absent, and what their importance are to the team. I've read as well that Senderos is to undergo a late fitness test tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February PSV - Hamburger PSV's sheet is just locked for Eredivisie teams.They received 15 goals some of them when they are leading 2+ and are less concentrated in the back.Away team are one goal up in the aggregate so PSV should try to attack more.The likes of Toivonen and Koevermars should be enough to put at least one goal in Hamburger sheet.The game is going to be a clear UNDER 2.5 in my opinion 1.70 looks nice.First game ended 1:0 and I see 1:0 here too and some drama in extra time why not?PSV seem to play carefully with international teams and Hamburger are hard opponeents.Most games of PSV in EL were unders. UNDER 2.5 1.70 7/10 BET365 Unirea - Liverpool Romanian nice surprise is going to concentrate on local championship and qualify for next CL.They needed the draw on Anfield in order to continue their fairy tale playing 10 in penalty at home too.Now 0:0 is nothing for them so they should play open.And they seem not to have the quality to overplay an English top 4 team (at least until now) in open play.Also on Monday there was the derby against Cluj, losed 0:1 it may affect players both physicaly and psychologicaly.Liverpool attacked nice and just needed Torres to find the net once or twice in last game and kill it.So if he is ready to take part at least in second half he may score. LIverpool Win 1.66 10/10 BET365 Liverpool to beat with at least two goals 3.10 6/10 BET365

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Unirea Urziceni vs Liverpool Selection Unirea Urziceni +0,5 (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 25/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.26 (Back) Reasoning In first round the score was 1-0 in England for Liverpool.Then Unirea Urziceni played fairly well,with courage,having a good evolution in defensive.Unirea received the goal only by the end of match.Now they will play at Bucharest and I guess they will try to score .Is possible this fact,Unirea having I believe 2 occasions for to score in first game.Certainly,Liverpool will not force too much in attack,they would be satisfied even with a draw here.I expect a game without more goals,so under 2,5,but my pick is that Unirea will not lose at more than 1 goal difference,if they will lost.Is very possible and a draw here tonight. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Wolfsburg vs Villarreal Selection Wolfsburg Strength 10/10 Date 25/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price totesport @ 2.20 (Back) Reasoning In first match the score was 2-2 in Spain.Then Wolfsburg had a good evolution and the result was fully deserved.Villarreal crosses,we can say, a bad period now,they losing and in Primera last week,2-6 with Real Madrid.For me is clear that Villarreal have some problems in defensive,they received more goals in last matches.For guests will miss tonight Ivan Marcano , Santi Cazorla and Giuseppe Rossi ,while the coach from Wolfsburg will have the entire team available.Grafite and Dzeko is a good form,so taking into account of all these issues,I bet on the victory those of Wolfsburg. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Salzburg vs Standard Liege Selection Both Teams To Score Strength 10/10 Date 25/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back) Reasoning In last match from Belgium the score was 3-2 for Liege,after Salzburg had 2-0.In this situation,Salzburg can have first chance for qualification,they playing on own land and they must to score one goal for this,but the hosts will have however a problem in defensive,because here will 2 important defenders,such as Franz Schiemer and Christian Schwegler.So,I think will be somewhat difficult for hosts to win this match,but they have real chances even in this conditions,but I expect the guests to score here.Jovanovic ,Camargo and Mbokani will be a real danger for Salzburg defensive.I think is a good bet here with both teams will score tonight. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Fenerbahce vs Lille Selection Both Teams To Score Strength 10/10 Date 25/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.75 (Back) Reasoning In first match the score was 2-1 for Lille in France.We can say Fenerbahce will have first chance for qualification in next round,but I guess the turks will have problems tonight,because they received goals constantly on own land.You can see the games with Bursa and Diyarbakir.The other side,Lille scored away always goals,in last 3 matches here they scored at least 1 goal.In this conditions,I guess both teams will score here and this is and my pick. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Shakhtar vs Fulham Selection Shakhtar Strength 10/10 Date 25/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.53 (Back) Reasoning In first game from Fulham,the score was 2-1 for English team.Then Sahtior played reasonable,they was unlucky when lost the match.Fulham played and them fairly well,but generally the English team on won land had really nice evolutions.The problem for Fulham is that they in away meetings have a bad record this season.In Premier League,they won only 1 game here,5 draws and 7 defeats.Now Fulham will play in Ukraine,where Sahtior is really a force.In Ukraine,Shakhtior won all home matches,so I guess the hosts have first chance for qualification tonight.Will be hard for guests to score here,in 8 home matches in Ukraine on own land,Shakhtior received only 4 goals and scored 26.I am sure that in this conditions Shakhtior will win here and probably will qualify in next round. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Anderlecht vs Bilbao Selection Both Teams To Score Strength 10/10 Date 25/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back) Reasoning In first game,the score was 1-1 In Spain.In this situation,we can say the hosts will have first chance for qualification,but I expect a good evolution and from Bilbao.Both teams won in Belgium, respectively in Spain.Anderlecht won 2-0 home with Mechelen,while Bilbao also home,4-1 with Teneriffe.This teams had strong offensives and I think is hard to say who will qualify here.I believe the best option for this match is a pick with both teams will score.

Hi Guys Ive gone for 3 draws tonight: everton, fulham and lille all away draws i think they will just sit back having all won the 1st legs and be content to hold out for 0-0 draws. cheers
They will like to draw but their opponents will not, mate.Especially I expect Lille to have though time in Turkey :) Also Fulham are an English team but not like Everton, Villa or Tottenham.It will be difficult for them to survive on Shakhtar's pitch.

PSV - Hamburger PSV's sheet is just locked for Eredivisie teams.They received 15 goals some of them when they are leading 2+ and are less concentrated in the back.Away team are one goal up in the aggregate so PSV should try to attack more.The likes of Toivonen and Koevermars should be enough to put at least one goal in Hamburger sheet.The game is going to be a clear UNDER 2.5 in my opinion 1.70 looks nice.First game ended 1:0 and I see 1:0 here too and some drama in extra time why not?PSV seem to play carefully with international teams and Hamburger are hard opponeents.Most games of PSV in EL were unders. UNDER 2.5 1.70 7/10 BET365
Im guessing you didnt watch the first leg, both teams had a lot of great chances to score, and the scoreline didnt reflect what was going on in the pitch. I expect it to be an open match cause PSV have to score atleast a goal to qualify, and both teams have good firepower upfront, looks like over is more likley.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Has anyone seen the GOALS GALORE betting slip they do in BETFREDS...if my memory serves me right you have to pick a minimum of 2 matches where both teams must score and you get odds of 9/4...for 3 matches its 7/2 and 4 matches its 9/1 and so on all the way upto 10 matches...well i tried for the first time last night(luckily as my treble on spurs,villa and chelsea draw went down lol) and picked seville,aston villa,stoke and reading at a tasty 9/1...apperently BETFREDS bring this bet out everyweek.But i think its in our favour if the games in question are cup games,and especially 2nd leg of cup games where the ties are in the balance like we have tonight as compared to league games where some teams will be happy to grind out a bore draw...now,were down to the last 15 games on the sheet but i can still see some money to be made...just depends on how greedy one wants to be..looking at all the teams last 6 fixtures i can definatly see value in sticking in fenerbahce v lille,wolfsburg v villarreal,werder bremen v fc twente and anderlecht v athletic bilbao..All these ties are still up in the air and all teams dont seem to have problems scoring...for me this looks like a good bet unless im missing something...then again knowing me i probably am lol...good luck folks :drums

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February fenerbahçe & lille in this game fenerbahçe motivated so hard and l think fenerbahçe gonna win clearly here.and other reason about fun.fenerbahçe have got realy fanatic funs.and l hear tonight there will be full of stadium(around 54 000 people) galatasaray & atletico madrid this game seams for me over 2.5 goals.galataasaray have very bad defensife.and many injuries.there is only way to rise up in this cup galatasaray has to get goal and win.and l think they think like me as well.in atletico side they have reaaly good players and when they want they play very good as you saw against barcelona. well l think both team will have goal and the score will be over 2.5 good luck

Has anyone seen the GOALS GALORE betting slip they do in BETFREDS...
I've had a few goes at BlueSq's equivilant Goal Crazy coupon. Picked 15 matches over the weekend and got odds of 12000/1 -needless to say 4 teams let me down by failing to score. Sure, the probability of winning is slim but I just can't resist those odds :rollin But yes, in moderation and in small careful selections it can be profitable.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Hey All, Im new to this,I've had loads more luck on my Football bets since joining the forum a few weeks ago, so thank you everyone. Think i fancy Sporting Lisbon and Shaktar Donetsk to send the two English Clubs packing tonight unfortually, I fancy them in a nice little treble with Red Bull Salzburg. Also i was thinking of doing a first goalscorer lucky 15, Any Tips!

any info on hapoel? how did they play against kazan? were they really that bad? any key players missing? they've beaten celtic' date=' rapid and hamburg (who were already through) at home. looks like it's gonna be over 2.5 goals.[/quote'] I'd say over 2.5 is a fairly good choice in this game. It's worth noting the temperature in the first of this fixture was below 0 - this certainly suited Kazan and as a result they were able to rack up a good score. This isn't to say they weren't the better team anyway, but it certainly benefitted them - something that won't nessercerily be the case this evening. Goals have to be score by Hapoel to progress and I expect them to push forward at every opportunity. If they can get an early goal then I fail to see how the game will stay below 2.5. However, the risk is that it's still 0-0 at half time - Kazan will just shut up shop for the second half. But that being said, I think the first scenario is more likely. Both teams to score and over 2.5 should be worth a punt.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February C0A8AE020000011D22C1DDE133255CE2.gifUnirea Urziceni vs Liverpool C0A8AE020000011D2061CFE40377E0DF.gif Benitez's last hope of trophy is on Europa League. Although Liverpool are leading by 1-0 but the risk is there travel to Romania because the gap is small. To secure his head from being axed, Rafa must make sure the Red to qualify. Torres's return should leads Liverpool to seal a victory.

any info on hapoel? how did they play against kazan? were they really that bad? any key players missing? they've beaten celtic' date=' rapid and hamburg (who were already through) at home. looks like it's gonna be over 2.5 goals.[/quote'] I was looking at under 2.5 goals myself personally. Hapoel are virtually out, needing to win 4-0 to qualify. Depends if we see Kazan as pushing forward at all. They don't really need to attack. The onus is all on Hapoel to come out fighting. If they don't get an early goal, I can see Kazan keeping it tight and playing the tie out.

Has anyone seen the GOALS GALORE betting slip they do in BETFREDS...if my memory serves me right you have to pick a minimum of 2 matches where both teams must score and you get odds of 9/4...for 3 matches its 7/2 and 4 matches its 9/1 and so on all the way upto 10 matches...well i tried for the first time last night(luckily as my treble on spurs' date='villa and chelsea draw went down lol) and picked seville,aston villa,stoke and reading at a tasty 9/1...apperently BETFREDS bring this bet out everyweek.But i think its in our favour if the games in question are cup games,and especially 2nd leg of cup games where the ties are in the balance like we have tonight as compared to league games where some teams will be happy to grind out a bore draw...now,were down to the last 15 games on the sheet but i can still see some money to be made...just depends on how greedy one wants to be..looking at all the teams last 6 fixtures i can definatly see value in sticking in fenerbahce v lille,wolfsburg v villarreal,werder bremen v fc twente and anderlecht v athletic bilbao..All these ties are still up in the air and all teams dont seem to have problems scoring...for me this looks like a good bet unless im missing something...then again knowing me i probably am lol...good luck folks :drums[/quote'] I am having a similar combo with 4 games, odds between 1,53 and 1,80, with the Goal/Goal Option - I see both Teams scoring in Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Salzburg and Wolfsburg - 2,3 and 4-folds, with the three fold being at a bit higher stake. Three winners out of four games brings some profit, but 2/4 is a murder, so I only do small stakes...There is a bit of tactics involved though - one of the games I picked is earlier (Galatasaray) and if it wins it increases my chances a lot ( by 25 % less the fact that I am not having the Singles included ), so I do follow the three late games in-play. The options there are very different, but if I am lucky and another winner comes by HT, with a single Goal scored in both other games ( if not - bad picks, right ?), I have 15 mins to calculate how to put myself into a win-to-win situation, starting with the fact that all 4 games been winners would treble and above my stake. AND adding OF COURSE to these calculations my ( often biased ) evaluation of the chances of the opposition to score in both remaining games... It only sounds as an easy market, to me Goal/Goal is just as difficult as any other pick...Two of our picks are the same, I also considered well the other two you are having, and decided to leave it to IN-PLAY, as I would need an early Goal in both, with Anderlecht being very compact at the back, so is Twente, while Bremen are a bit of a mystery to me this Season. In all cases GOOD LUCK :ok Hope I don't get attacked for not posting reasoning behind my pick, this post would be a mile-long :lol

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I've seen you are very entuziast to bet on Liverpool tonight but would advise you to be more carefull . Unirea's coach anounced that he is aware of Liverpool's counterattack eficiency and will not leave any space for them in the back at least for the first 60-70 minutes ... He said he will try to score in the last part of the game and maybe go for extra time . Bet365 offers Time of the first goal after 27th minute at evens and i'll go with that. My only concern here would be a 0-0 but i think one of the teams will score finally . GL all !!!:ok

Well, Dystin has started 29 fixtures so far this season, and I assumed when they signed him, he was a replacement for Lescott? Tony Hibbert wears number two and features in a large percentage of first team games, even with Jagielka being fit. I fail to see how either could not be considered first choice. Tim Cahill plays as a central midfielder, unless I've been watching a different Everton :unsure He's only used in a forward position when injuries dictate. I don't dismiss you as an Everton fan because you obviously watch more of them, but I don't agree with what you've said about them. Is the team sheet available already?
I'm not nit-picking or anything, but I think you have a few things wrong. Distin is not first choice - I would even argue to say he is FOURTH choice behind Yobo, Jagielka and Heitinga. Cahill is most certainly NOT a central midfielder - I would class Attacking midfielder as his first position, which IS different to what I would call a central midfielder (Essien for example).
Tony Hibbert wears number two and features in a large percentage of first team games, even with Jagielka being fit.
What do you mean even with Jagielka? Jagielka is a center back, Hibbert is a right back.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February In terms of tonight's matches overall, I can't find any value (I'm not saying there isn't any, just harder in European matches to assess the correct odds and find value). You could make a case for lots of teams tonight. Shakhtar should win but have not played much competitively, teams like Marseille and Juve should have too much for their opponents but they do not need wins. And then there are matches like Galatasaray Vs Atletico, which in my opinion is a lottery to bet on. I'll probably sit out tonight, maybe bet in-play if something catches my eye in the TV matches. ;)

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February sporting-everton is the perfect no bet game.both teams just suck.sporting have nothing more to win this season than this cup but their moral are so down that the probability of win 3-0,lose 3-0 or draw 0-0 are the same.everton dont need to risk much,they can easily play defense an hold the 0-0.sporting will play porto sunday,its always a big game but its more important game for porto than sporting,sporting will not rest players for that game. my advice is: -no bet -watch the game,specially watch how sporting play so u feel comfortable to bet sunday wen they play porto,the best bet of the weekend for me,odds around 2.10 for porto:ok

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February One good bet (aswell as what i mentioned previous) would be a double on Roma-1.-1.5 & Red Bull -1,1.5. Both teams should of won their first leg, both are 1 goal behind and will be going for 2, both score plenty of goals and both are at home. about 5/1 :ok

sporting-everton is the perfect no bet game.both teams just suck
Well, that is a fair comment considering the Fact Everton recently have beaten both Chelsea and Manchester United :loon I wish my Spurs get only half of what Everton did, in April that is ... As of Sporting, anyone who watched the first game, even the Everton faithful should admit that they had some excellent moments in that game... But must admit I never looked at the Weekend Program in Portugal and your reminder about the Lisbon derby definitely contributed here...

sporting-everton is the perfect no bet game.both teams just suck.sporting have nothing more to win this season than this cup but their moral are so down that the probability of win 3-0,lose 3-0 or draw 0-0 are the same.everton dont need to risk much,they can easily play defense an hold the 0-0.sporting will play porto sunday,its always a big game but its more important game for porto than sporting,sporting will not rest players for that game. my advice is: -no bet -watch the game,specially watch how sporting play so u feel comfortable to bet sunday wen they play porto,the best bet of the weekend for me,odds around 2.10 for porto:ok
most pathetic comment ever. You even old enough to bet?

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Going for a few games tonight: Roma v Panathinakos - Roma lost the first leg but i think will look to finish this off in normal time today. They trail 3-2 but with Vucinic in fine form I expect them to get the result at home where they have been very solid. Pick - Roma (1.45) Unirea v Liverpool - Torres looks as if he will start on the bench with Ngog playing the loan striker role. Benayoun is back and I think this gives them a big lift as he creates a lot and gets forward with the attack. Unirea will have to go looking for a goal and this should open up some space for the likes of Gerrard and Kuyt to get forward and attack. Liverpool are used to nights like this and I expect them to see the tie through with a win. Pick - Liverpool (1.75) Sporting v Everton - Moyes is without Distin, Hettinga and Hibbert at the back but Yobo should slot in next to Senderos, which isn't a terrible partnership. Fellani and Cahill are out but the midfielders Moyes is left with only really suit an attacking formation, I think after the Utd result and with no real holding midfield to rely on Moyes will want his sidie to carry on as they did against Man Utd and attack from the off. Confidence is high and there's no reason for this squad of players to believe they can't get a result tonight. Sporting need to score and showed at Goodison that they are good unit, I expect quite a few goals tonight. Pick - Over 2.5 Goals (2.26) Everton (2.94) Gl

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Little surprised on most jumping on Salzburg. They have been great in this tourny but I saw them @The Olimpico vs Lazio and they were very fortunate to claim points let alone win, Lazio dominated the match and gave up 2 fluke goals late one was just an awful mistake in injury time. Lazio outplayed them in Salzburg but the ref turned a blind eye to a penalty shout by Lazio and while the Lazio players were complaining Salzburg countered to break 0-0 tie. Standard have been impressive from what I've seen in the CL and are on par IMO with Salzburg, if not slightly better. Salzburg really struggled with Foggia the tricky Lazio winger, Standard have a similar player in Witsel who scored 2 goals in 1st leg. I'll go with Standard +0.5, as I see them scoring and putting the pressure on Slazburg.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Roma - Panathinaikos Roma looking a bit tired, they been playing very inspired and confident lately however they have got some lycky wins (fiorentina, juve, siena) and they managed to get 3 points this weekend with a 1-0 win over Catania at home after dropping the lead twice away to lose 3-2 in midweek against tonights opponent. Panathinaikos have some problems in the domestic league and that is a little concern and the fact that they are not as strong away. Roma on the other hand have a great record at home but they lack creativity in this game with Totti and Pizzaro missing. Derossi , Perotta and Taddei look tired and they have to be at their best for Roma to turn this result. OFC Roma are favourites here but the odds are too short on them + Roma is a team that can collapse easily and if the greeks dont rest to many players here I really fancy them to go to the next round. 10 Units on Panathinaikos +1 @2.35 BETCHRONICLE 3 Units on Panathinaikos to win @9.2 with BETFAIR Juventus - Ajax Well not much to say here, Ajax playing away at in Italy and are forced to attack.Either way they are not good at defending and with Juventus being hungry for wins to help there confidence I dont reckon them to play on a draw result. With the space Ajax will leave behind I think the home side will do the job here and get a win to show the fans and them self that the trouble is behind the (Im not saying it is tho) Ajax best attacker Suarex is missing. Juventus -0.5 @1.83 with STANJAMES Shaktar Donetsk - Fulham Shakhar is a superior side when it comes to passing and technique and playing at home they are really strong. I think they showed this in the first leg and now they will put even more pressure on Fulham. With the 2-1 win at home The Cottagers they will be looking to go to the next round but still there main priority is the PL and lacking the invaluable experience in this kind of games that the current Champions Shakhtar have I think they will eventualy crumble in Ukraine. Shakhtar -1 @1.85 with STANJAMES