African Nations Cup 2010

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Sorry but I have to ask... are Mali even playing in this game? So far I only watched "ghosts in white shirts" who appear to be unwilling to sweat it. My fear is many squads will do this now... aim for an early exit to leave Angola ASAP! (Or maybe they're saving their best for last?????!)

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010)

Sorry but I have to ask... are Mali even playing in this game? So far I only watched "ghosts in white shirts" who appear to be unwilling to sweat it. My fear is many squads will do this now... aim for an early exit to leave Angola ASAP! (Or maybe they're saving their best for last?????!)
Interesting theory. I would hope not obviously, but this contest has been tarnished clearly. They seem to have started the second half a little more brightly.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Algeria -1 @17/10 Seems big price to me. Algeria did fantastic in qualfiers and face a Malawi side that without being disrespectful to them should not hold much fears for Algeria. I can see the Algerians wanting to get off to a good start and see this as an ideal opportunity to get 3pts. 4/7 on the win looks good too however i like the bigger value in the -1. Ivory Coast -1 10/11 with the ivorians up their among the favs for the tournament i think Burkino faso will do well to keep the scoreline down. I can see the Ivorians fired up for this and can see them dedicating any goal celebrations towards those hurt in the togo shooting as mentioned the ivorians have been very supportive to togo national side on what happened and i can see them really going out and steam rolling Burkino. 10/11 looks decent. Would really appreciate any opinions on my 2 picks. :hope

Algeria -1 @17/10 Seems big price to me. Algeria did fantastic in qualfiers and face a Malawi side that without being disrespectful to them should not hold much fears for Algeria. I can see the Algerians wanting to get off to a good start and see this as an ideal opportunity to get 3pts. 4/7 on the win looks good too however i like the bigger value in the -1. Ivory Coast -1 10/11 with the ivorians up their among the favs for the tournament i think Burkino faso will do well to keep the scoreline down. I can see the Ivorians fired up for this and can see them dedicating any goal celebrations towards those hurt in the togo shooting as mentioned the ivorians have been very supportive to togo national side on what happened and i can see them really going out and steam rolling Burkino. 10/11 looks decent. Would really appreciate any opinions on my 2 picks. :hope
lets have a look then matey for tomoz:ok algeria match for me im going on the handicap, over 2.5 goals and the straight win wat can i say apart from, malawi are a rubbish side i agree with your selection on ivory coast ill also be doing over 3.5 goals in that one mate My selections Algeria straight win 1.57 Algeria -1 handicap 17/10 Algeria match over 2.5 goals 2.1 Ivory coast -1 11/10 Over 3.5 goals ivory coast -2 2.61 :clap:clap:clap

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Not really sure about these minnows myself. Will see a game or two before I get heavily involved in them. One I do like tomorrow though. 4pts Cote D'Ivoire vs Burkino Faso - Over 2.75 goals 2.02 Bet365 I quite like this line because the game could easily end 3-0 to Cote D'Ivoire but I fancy Burkino Faso to have something about them in this match. They have the qualifying competition's top scorer in Dagano who will be a threat to the CIV back line in this game. We all know all about the threat CIV pose going forward. It isn't just Didier Drogba but the likes of Kalou, Dindane and Kone are all class acts at this level. We saw in the opening game of the tournament that players can tire towards the end of the game which could easily happen again here and if Burkino Faso put in a lot of effort and tire in the last 20 minutes CIV have the destructive players to tear them apart. In qualifying these two played each other twice and both games had 5 goals in it so I very much like this 2.75 line at a decent price.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) just read this one guys Adebayor_2404655.jpg Adebayor: On his way home

The players are leaving with the bodies of their fallen brothers and we have asked CAF to find an arrangement so we can catch up with the competition later.

Togo sports minister Christophe Tchao Quotes of the week Also see

Togo's sports minister has revealed that they have asked for their place at the African Cup of Nations to be kept open. The Togolese squad and officials flew back to their homeland on Sunday from Angola, following the terrorist attack earlier in the week which claimed the lives of three people. The Togo squad, through captain Emmanuel Adebayor, stated they would like to remain in Angola to play in memory of their dead compatriots. However, the players were ordered to return home by Togolese prime minister Gilbert Fossoun Houngbo and president Faure Gnassingbe. But in a fresh twist, as the players arrived home, sports minister Christophe Tchao revealed that they had asked the Confederation of African Football to keep their place in the tournament open. "We have ordered a three-day mourning," said Tchao. "The players are leaving with the bodies of their fallen brothers and we have asked the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to find an arrangement so we can catch up with the competition later."

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Was on angola, switched off at 3-0, rang the ladbrokes guy to check my balance he actually laughed and said "your not gonna believe this". Can't believe that. At least he had personality! F*ck it i won it back in the best game of american football ever tonight!

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Algeria -1 AH @ 2.0 (5/10) Well after doing a bit of research here I think its clear to see that Malawi are the weakest team in the whole tournament and it’d be a surprise if they managed to pick up any points from this group. Algeria have qualified for the WC, are sure to be on a high and will want to give a good account of themselves here, reaching the QF’s is sure to be the minimum objective. There are doubts about how they will perform away from northern Africa, but this is an easy group game start and they are capable of winning this one comfortably. I have seen in the past how so called ‘minnows’ often start the tournament in a struggling way and it can be difficult for them to find their feet. Malawi will probably get more competitive in their last couple of group games, but I don’t expect much from them here. I have seen Algeria play in a few of their WC qualifying games and they have decent technical abilities and don’t usually waste ball possession. Facing better opposition they will probably go into their shell and defend, but the potential is there for them to score quite a few goals today. Overall I don’t expect Malawi to give much resistance and covering a -1 AH line should be quite possible. I’m annoyed that this price had gradually gone down and down, but @ 2.0 I still think it represents value.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Ivory Coast -1.5 AH @ 1.90 (4/10) I think in the end, Ivory Coast should be able to claim a fairly easy victory here and will have too much for Burkina Faso. You just look at the CIV squad and see the wealth of attacking talents that they have, the quality available to them is immense. Despite reports that Didier Drogba’s head isn’t ‘focused’ following the shooting incident, even if he does have a bad day then someone else can score the goals for sure. I am personally hoping that Lille attacker Gervinho plays a big role for the CIV in this tournament, he’s someone whom I rate very highly indeed and has a lot of ability. But they have a massive load of attackers who can carve through defences like a knife through butter. By all accounts, Burkina Faso might be a useful side, and striker, Dagano went especially well in qualifying. I have seen him before whilst at Sochaux, but I never rated him much, he regularly struggled to get on the scoresheet. Burkina might be able to get on the scoresheet themselves today, and I agree with Kevshat in that this could be a high scoring match , I shall have a bit of a nibble on the overs as well. But overall my main bet will be CIV -1.5, I think over the course of the 90 mins they should have enough here to win by at least 2 goals.

Spare a thought for this fella. http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/
Jesus, poor guy..i can understand why he did it being a student as £44 quid can pay for food for a few weeks, but to risk that amount is a bit retarded.. Anyway, back to today..Ivory Coast know that getting off to a good start in the group is important as they face a tricky last group game against Ghana next (only playing 2 group games after Togo's withdrawal)..Togo's withdrawal can be viewed in two ways, it is an advantage as if they get through the group they will be fresher for the knock-out games but if they didnt get the maximum points today it puts alot of pressure on them to get points out of the Ghana game..i dont think the added pressure will adversely bother them, and would expect them to comfortably get the 3 points by a couple of goals at least, there is a marked quality difference to the two sides.. Ivory Coast -1 handicap 1.85...high stake.. Ivory Coast -2AH 2.0..half sized stake to -1 handicap but still significant.. If Gervinho starts he would look to be a good shout for anytime goalscorer at 2.3ish, Drogba plays deeper for Ivory Coast than he does for Chelsea and Gervinho will certainly be their most offensive player but not sure if he or Kalou will be starting..only seen him play for Lille a few times but he looks like a goalscorer and he have a few chances against this leaky defence..

Spare a thought for this fella. http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/
Oh my god :loon I don't know what's worse. The fact he wasted a lot of money trying to make £44, or the immature replies to his post. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest though, I wouldn't do that even if I had a million pounds in my betting account.

Oh my god :loon I don't know what's worse. The fact he wasted a lot of money trying to make £44, or the immature replies to his post. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest though, I wouldn't do that even if I had a million pounds in my betting account.
Yeah, many of them just had to register to say "lol". I guess he couldn't imagine that its even possible to make a comeback from 4:0 down. Seriously, when u have 4400 quid I think 44 extra wont really make that much of the difference... That's very sad really

Yeah' date=' many of them just had to register to say "lol". I guess he couldn't imagine that its even possible to make a comeback from 4:0 down. Seriously, when u have 4400 quid I think 44 extra wont really make that much of the difference... That's very sad really[/quote'] That's how bookies make money :moon That was a very stupid move, and stupid moves with big money can end like this - ouch..!

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Ouch your man has gotta be devastated.....in hindsight he would have been better of laying the odds of 1.01...then again you dont expect a 4 goal turn around in ten minutes do ya. new boy on here and my first tip is gonna be karim ziani to score anytime for algeria...he is 5.1 on betfair......watched him play a few times and he is sharp...also have a feeling he may be on penalties...not 100% on that though. either way i think algeria will win comfortably and fancy him to get amongst the goals.