** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

African Nations Cup 2010

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) These are the so-called BIG FOUR. Try having a look at the tipsters challenge divisional threads. These are the teams everybody thinks will win, and they are the ones bringing in the money to the bookies of late. Anyways, my Under 2.5 looks like going down the drain :( I acknowledge both goals were good (especially Nigeria's) but also some bad defending was involved.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010)

I'll just like to hear the arguments that should guarantee a non-corrupt ANC - so far the results and moreover the team attitudes certainly do not back-up those arguments :\
In other words, the teams you expected to win, didn't win, so therefore the chances of corruption are increased. Give it a rest.... Oh and also, hold on please Egypt :ok

In other words, the teams you expected to win, didn't win, so therefore the chances of corruption are increased. Give it a rest.... Oh and also, hold on please Egypt :ok
Couldn't agree more. Lets see - Malawi - Algeria : Malawi has been together since December, they had a lot of time to prepare, weather conditions suits them much more than Algerians. Algeria is simply overrated team. Ivory Coast - Burkina Faso : Burkina Faso parked a bus in front of their goals, managed to dis-armor Drogba, who definitely doesn't want to be injured with many important games coming up for Chelsea. Angola - Mali is just a shocker. Angola just started celebrating to early.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Mozambigue vs Benin, the over 2.5 is 2.60 over at bet365... I took the over 2.5 in the Egypt Nigeria game at 2.40 mainly because of value...I understand that the two sides playing later aren't as talented, but that could go either way...2.5 is usually a 50-50 shot, so 2.60 looks tempting to me.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Very good comeback from Egypt. I had a feling they would get a decent result today and I do think bookies were wrong in making them underdogs. So for me personally a good bet, now I hope that Benin can claim a victory. Surely a favourite will win a match in this tourney soon? Bit worried about your comments about Mozambique Youssef. Yeh it seems they did have some decent qualifying results, but I think inexperience will let them down here.

Very good comeback from Egypt. I had a feling they would get a decent result today and I do think bookies were wrong in making them underdogs. So for me personally a good bet, now I hope that Benin can claim a victory. Surely a favourite will win a match in this tourney soon? Bit worried about your comments about Mozambique Youssef. Yeh it seems they did have some decent qualifying results, but I think inexperience will let them down here.
nice one meatman follow you on that egypt shows that they have the maturity and experience to win this tournament again.Got to a good start today after the bad result yesterday hope benin do the job later:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow:cow

I did say I'd leave this tournament alone now but i like the value on Egypt today @ 3.00. They play well as a team' date=' they are the current holders and have have won it the last 2 times in 2006 [beating ivory coast'] and 2008 [beating Cameroon]
good stuff.. wish i bet on the -1 handicap now :ok

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) I must admit I am very happy with the outcome, but to be honest, the only goals that desreved to be scored was Geddo's! All other 3 were obvious mistakes from defenders, though Nigeria's was the best of them, followed by hassan's shot (IMHO). But overall, it was clear Egypt deserved the win in the 2nd half. The Nigerians (as always) played like individuals

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) For every game for the rest of this tournament im going to stick minimal stakes on the outsider of the match - 2 goals. Backed malawi straight up yesterday, (they were 125/1 - 2 ). I think this tournament probably has another crazy shock or two in it. Wont cost me much and could be fun.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Benin the much better team so far, having a few in-play bets,. Mozambique are 2.25 on Skybet not to score, so I had some of that. Also going to take Benin -2.175 (AH) at Evens.

Mozambigue vs Benin, the over 2.5 is 2.60 over at bet365... I took the over 2.5 in the Egypt Nigeria game at 2.40 mainly because of value...I understand that the two sides playing later aren't as talented, but that could go either way...2.5 is usually a 50-50 shot, so 2.60 looks tempting to me.
Glad I went with my instinct here...this tournament is just full of goals! :ok

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Does anybody else think MALWAI are the side to beat so far?? :lol:lol:lol Not a single team played to their true extent, with the exception of Malawi, who actually played well over their own. Angola only played teh 1st half and Mali only played the last 10 minutes, while both Cote d'Ivoire and Burkina Faso have not yet arrived to Angola it seems! Also Nigeria played one half and Egypt played the other half, and now Benin - Mozambique are passing to eachother and creating chances for eachother! Ok, the 2nd round will be the one to look for I guess. Those who won want to qualify, those who didn't want to make it up.. so the true levels will show