Kempton 30th Dec (eve)

fintron

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) 7.20 Kempton Bertoliver - has been held up in recent runs but more comfortable racing from the front. Has slipped 2 lb below last winning mark and although has never won on the AW, has run well enough to suggest it isnt a problem to him.

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) 7.20 Kempton Tough handicap with many of these either in good form or on attractive marks and the market isn’t giving much away so gonna steer clear until nearer the time and see if 8 still go to post if they do The Tatling may well be able to run into a place at a bigger price having been in good form recently and should get a decent pace to come off which is vital for him and although still a few pound above last winning mark in the summer he looks capable of picking a small pot up this winter if he can forget about his disappointing run at southwell last time out. 7.50 Kempton Another tight handicap with many of these in good form but Dani’s girl has turned out some fairly impressive efforts over the jumps recently winning a listed handicap at ascot off a mark of 116 and is rated just 75 now on the flat, has never gone this far on the flat so this will either be the making of him on the flat or not but finally drops back to his last winning mark on the flat when landing a 20k handicap at galway and has been placed off marks as high as 94 and although shown very little on the flat on most recent starts if he can convert his hurdling work to the flat should be bang there. 1pt win danis girl 4/1 will hill 9.20 Kempton King of defence was an impressive winner 3 starts ago when meeting as much trouble as he could find in running and has since failed to live upto that although didn’t run a very bold race behind a decent winner in tiddlywinks last time out but at current prices is very little value and therefore gonna side with Fernando Torres who has beaten king of defence recently and was a decent winner over CD for new yard has since run respectable efforts over a mile now steps back down to 7f and has a decent draw in stall 9 and looks the value of the race at 13/2 (I would be happy to take anything from 5/1 upwards). 0.5pt e/w Fernando Torres 13/2 bet365

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) 7:20 Very confident with the selection of Bertoliver. Drops down to it's preferred 5f dash and needs this after it's recent runs. Often ran out of steam over 6f, even though it performed with some credit. Last time it ran over 5f it was involved in a race much better than today and did well. Seems to need to into a prominent position, so the hold up tactics used that day weren't to the horses needs. Hopefully can be quickly away and if so, should win this. 9/4 or the 2/1 on offer is a decent price and well worth a big investment. 5pts Win @ 9/4 William Hill. 8:50 Smaller investment here but may up stakes a little if Bertoliver comes off, perhaps an amatuerish thing to do but my winners often come in gluts. Lujeanjie is a CD winner, doing so in June. Has only run once since it's August victory at Lingfield, a performance that impressed me. May have just needed the run at Wolv last week and is only 3lbs higher than that impressive Lingfield success. Can run itself into a place or better with Jim Crowley on board. 1pt EW @ 12/1 Bet365

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) 21:20 Kempton Siding with course and distance winner Defector here. His only win to date came over course and distance back in September off a mark just 2lbs lower. Has placed on three of his other 4 runs over course and distance off marks of 71 and 72 so clearly loves it here. Runs off a mark of 70 today. Has a nice high draw in stall 13 which will be handy. Space Station may be worth watching but has a low draw which puts me off a bit and the horse is still a maiden. 1pt win Defector @ 8/1 (WillHill - BOG)

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve)

Tip Detail
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event KEMPTON - 19:20
Selection BERTOLIVER (bog)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.88 (Back)
Reasoning KEMPTON 19:20 City & Suburban Parking Handicap (3yo+, Class 4, 5f, 8 runners) WIN: BERTOLIVER Fourth start for current yard, 10TH, 5TH, and 4TH in previous three runs. Shaping up well and will have stable jockey on board for the first time. The S C Williams and William Carson combo is doing very well. With their last 6 runners, they have 4 wins and all 6 was able to be placed. They won with one runner at Lingfield earlier and have on for tonight.
Close Window
Tip Detail
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event KEMPTON - 19:20
Selection LORD OF THE REINS (W/O The Favorite)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/12/2009
Bookmaker/Price >Paddy Power @ 4.00 (Back)
Reasoning KEMPTON 19:20 City & Suburban Parking Handicap (3yo+, Class 4, 5f, 8 runners) WIN: LORD OF THE REINS Won two of two tries at the C&D for current yard, lto and one last month. Worse draw of all here in stall 1 but running style does not effect it much. Usually runs held up and was able to win from stall 2 of 11 last month. Trainer J G Given is heating up with his last 3 runners finising in 223. W/O The Favorite (BERTOLIVER) at 3-1.
Close Window

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) 7.20 Kempton Aimed to back Bertoliver at 11/4 ish today but he has done nothing but shortenand I never struck a bet so have passed over now in favour of Excellent Show. Given high mark when first handicapping after running in Grp 2 on third start, mark now dropped to realistic level, and good second to improving rival on AW debut, latest. 5/1 VC, 1 pt EW.

7.20 Kempton Aimed to back Bertoliver at 11/4 ish today but he has done nothing but shortenand I never struck a bet so have passed over now in favour of Excellent Show. Given high mark when first handicapping after running in Grp 2 on third start, mark now dropped to realistic level, and good second to improving rival on AW debut, latest. 5/1 VC, 1 pt EW.
I Find this a very strange post? You aimed to back another horse now your backing Excellent Show because the price has dropped. How bizare & confusing to anybody who reads it.

I Find this a very strange post? You aimed to back another horse now your backing Excellent Show because the price has dropped. How bizare & confusing to anybody who reads it.
Not really. He's basically said that he was going to back Bertoliver but because the odds shortened, he didn't see the point in putting money on such poor odds. Simple really. :ok

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) 7.20 The Tatling - EW The old boy put in a stinker last time at Southwell, finishing last but one and beaten 10 lengths. But he often seems to bounce back from a poor run and run OK next time. Before that Southwell race he'd finished just behind Ebraam in a claimer and Lesleys Choice in a handicap, so he can still put in a decent effort. And he does tend to go off at double figure prices - around 16/1 at the moment for tonight I think there are doubts about all the other runners and can see The tatling running into a place.

7.20 Kempton Aimed to back Bertoliver at 11/4 ish today but he has done nothing but shortenand I never struck a bet so have passed over now in favour of Excellent Show. Given high mark when first handicapping after running in Grp 2 on third start, mark now dropped to realistic level, and good second to improving rival on AW debut, latest. 5/1 VC, 1 pt EW.
Good call fintron, followed you up, thanks :rollin

7.20 The Tatling - EW The old boy put in a stinker last time at Southwell, finishing last but one and beaten 10 lengths. But he often seems to bounce back from a poor run and run OK next time. Before that Southwell race he'd finished just behind Ebraam in a claimer and Lesleys Choice in a handicap, so he can still put in a decent effort. And he does tend to go off at double figure prices - around 16/1 at the moment for tonight I think there are doubts about all the other runners and can see The tatling running into a place.
Good shout, well done.

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) God of Horses, what Bily and Jay said! I had a price in my mind for Bertoliver of 11/4 and didn't back it because I wasnt able to get that price. But I had a price of 7/2 in mind for Excellent Choice and was able to back that one at 5/1, so thats why I switched from one to the other. Odds Hunter, no probs, you got lucky following me though as thats my first winner for weeks :lol Well done Trotter and Chris with The Tatling - placed at a price :clap

Re: Kempton 30th Dec (eve) Good stuff so far:ok A quick post with limited write up but Ray Of Joy (8.50 Kempton) is no 12/1 shot in my book. In first 4 on 6 of its 7 C&D starts and is only this price because of a poor run lto. 2nd here 4 starts ago off this mark, before finishing 3rd over trip too far, 4th in better grade and then disappointing lto. If we ignore that run, I make this horse half the price so well worth chancing at 12's with Bet365.

God of Horses, what Bily and Jay said! I had a price in my mind for Bertoliver of 11/4 and didn't back it because I wasnt able to get that price. But I had a price of 7/2 in mind for Excellent Choice and was able to back that one at 5/1, so thats why I switched from one to the other. Odds Hunter, no probs, you got lucky following me though as thats my first winner for weeks :lol Well done Trotter and Chris with The Tatling - placed at a price :clap
Nice work in changing Fin :ok Thought Bertoliver ran it's race, just faded that little bit in the last furlong, slightly disappointed but happy it was your horse that won instead (and not The Tatling, which you always have to be wary of when entering calculations...)

21:20 Kempton Siding with course and distance winner Defector here. His only win to date came over course and distance back in September off a mark just 2lbs lower. Has placed on three of his other 4 runs over course and distance off marks of 71 and 72 so clearly loves it here. Runs off a mark of 70 today. Has a nice high draw in stall 13 which will be handy. Space Station may be worth watching but has a low draw which puts me off a bit and the horse is still a maiden. 1pt win Defector @ 8/1 (WillHill - BOG)
A winner to end the night well done Stu on a brill day for you mate ;)