** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League » Dec 09

Re: Champions League » Dec 09

Question...does anyone know why the odds on the Lyon-Debrecen game going under is as high as 2.50? Aren't Lyon already qualified? Or is it expected that they'll go for the win and the top spot? I see quite a few unders in tonights games, I got my fingers burnt last night like a lot of people, but as has been mentioned, a few groups are already settled, so I think few goals will flow tonight.
The unders for these type of fixtures will always be quite high because the bookies are expecting Lyon to destroy Debrecen.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dynamo's probable line up: Shovkovsky - Usuf,Almeida or Betao,Magrao,Eremenko,Ninkovich,Vukojevich,Myhailik,Yarmolenko,Milevsky,Shevchenko. Barca should start with their strongest side,even Ibra should start. In first mtch Dynamo didn't even have chance to score and i don't think they will do in home match as well.Barca will play for a win and i don't exepct any shocking results tonight. Weather in Kiev tonight: -1...-2 Barca to win @1.61 Not sure about handicap but i'll have a go in play

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 AZ lost past friday with 2-1 from Vitesse and the board sacked Ronald Koeman. Az has to win the match against Standard to qualify themselves for the Europa league, what is very important for them. I think AZ will be very motivated and wil defeat Standard. I take AZ with low money. Stakes are very good. 3,50 by Unibet. Liverpool - Fiorentina is an interesting match. For both of them there isn't much to play for. Liverpool qualified for the Europa league and Fiorentina has to win to be groupwinner. Liverpool are not in the form they used to be. But with Torres and Aquilani, who are both gonna play, back, i think Liverpool want to show the qualities they have. They are playing home, and playing in liverpool is always hard. I take Liverpool for a win with low money, with stakes of 1,90 on Unibet. Sorry for my English! Good luck all

Standard Leige vs AZ Alkmaar The focus for this match is on Standard Leige must win to qualify for the next round. Leige have been unimpressive this campaign conspiring to lose 3 matches so far and win only one.
humm i wouldn't say that....at home they're always dangerous with their fantastic supporters and especially in top matchs;they beat Brugge 3 1,lost 2 3 against Arsenal(with 2 goals in last 13 min) but showed some really good things,they beat Oly 2 0 too...don't trust Az away from home,maybe both to score...

AZ lost past friday with 2-1 from Vitesse and the board sacked Ronald Koeman. Az has to win the match against Standard to qualify themselves for the Europa league, what is very important for them. I think AZ will be very motivated and wil defeat Standard. I take AZ with low money. Stakes are very good. 3,50 by Unibet. Good luck all
Good luck with your choice! This game is a tricky one though, since AZ has a very important game at saturday against PSV. That probably will be the last chance to keep up with the leaders in the Eredivisie. For people who will back Oly tonight: Do you remember Standard-Arsenal at the first leg? Arsenal didn't play with all their best players there, but still managed to win and I dont think there is a huge difference between Standard and Olympiakos. These youngsters have a lot to proof to Wenger. I think that draw will satisfy both of the teams. :hope

thats true cru20 as many of the teams on wednesday have nothing to play for
This proved for many seasons to be a very dangerous approach in betting ;) Fiore nothing to play for? Rangers nothing to play for? Add to this list Arsenal, Liverpool, Sevilla, Lyon, Debrecen, etc...In that case we should only look into the Barca/Inter group tonight? I think you are wrong and in the long run you will be having nasty surprises... The list of teams that ''had nothing to play for'' and won is endless in the years. This is Champions League, players are going out to do what they are paid for, and at this level if they do not give their best, time is coming when they risk sport-oblivion. Among others, there are first team places, better contracts, possible transfers to better teams, possible fines... Not to mention pride and profession... If your statement is true, then you got yourself an unbeatable accy with Lyon - 3,5 AH, Olympiacos - 1,5 AH, Sevilla - 2,5 AH... Who knows, maybe it is as easy as that, but what exactly had Porto, Man Utd, Bordeaux, Zurich and APOEL to play for last night? Read another post above of how Fiore will rest players and take it easy vs Liverpool...Who goes to Anfield for no matter what game to relax?

For people who will back Oly tonight: Do you remember Standard-Arsenal at the first leg? Arsenal didn't play with all their best players there, but still managed to win and I dont think there is a huge difference between Standard and Olympiakos. These youngsters have a lot to proof to Wenger. I think that draw will satisfy both of the teams. :hope
I disagree here, Arsenal played with this team against Stand ;Mannone,Gallas,Vermaelen,Eboué,Clichy,Diaby,Song,Rosicky,Eduardo,Fabregas,Bendtner.Quite a strong one imo. Tonite it should be different:Fabianski; Bartley, Cruise, Eastmond, Silvestre; Wilshere, Mérida, Randall, Ramsey, Walcott; Vela

This dynamo side are mmuch better at home emphasised by the fact that they beat rubin easily 3-1 and away should have got all 3 points' date=' they have matched intermilan both times thye have played them and i dont think they should be taken lightly its games lyk these were i see barca slipping up i dnt think they will get beat 3-0 but 2-0 isnt out of the question just ask rubin!!![/quote'] As you present the reasons to take Dynamo Kiev ,we MUST REMEMBER how Juventus performed against Inter before being eliminated by an energetic and determined Bayern, Actually ,I always believe that it is quality of the squad that counts most in crunch moments rather than wheather ,home advantages and somthing else..... One month ago, Johan Cruyff mentioned in his column that he believed Iniesta and his teammates will reach a much higher level in December after a series of busy national duties and injurie! In conclusion, I definitely will take Barca for tonights away win P.S: It seems that tonight's AZ Alkmaar is also a good pick ,because I think Ronald Koeman cant be the right man to lead the Dutch champions to success (Just like he did in Valencia who bounced back after his departure seasons ago), AZ Alkmaar absolutely hasn,t shown their real quality, tonight's match will be a good chance to turn their fortunes for this season.especially against a Belgian team who has to set out to attack to keep their qualification hopes alive ,now AZ could unite again under new coach's leadership to sit back and wait before mounting a series of decisive counter attacks with their traditional Dutch offensive quality! :cheers GL boys!

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Inter Milan - Rubin Kazan over 2.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Inter and Rubin are both locked on 6 points and in 2nd spot in this group with both teams looking to gain that chance to go into the next round. Inter have drawn both of their games at home in the CL this season and drew 1-1 away to Rubin so they will have a tough encounter here. Coming off their loss to Juve over the weekend, their spirits may not be as high as you would expect and this will give Rubin hope they can spring another upset. Rubin did beat Barcelona 2-1 on the road and go to Milan with nothing to lose, as they are not expected to progress. They lost their other away game 3-1 to Dynamo Kiev, so expect them to go for it early to take the lead and put further pressure on Inter. Given this background, expect this game to be quite open as an early goal for either side will mean they will need to attack more to get back in the game. Over is a good chance as both teams need to score to ensure thier progress in this competition Stuttgart - Unirea Urziceni over 2.5 @ 2.10 pinnacle Stuttgart are 3rd in their group and must win this game to jumpo over Unirea Urziceni in order to qualify for the next stage. They have been disappointing domestically but can get a big boost to their season by winning this game, especially as they will have a new manager Gross to guide them. They have scored in each of their 5 qualifiers and conceded in 4 of these games, so they can score but also have problems in keeping a clean sheet. As for Unirea Urziceni, they need only a draw here but while they have scored in 4 of their 5 qualifiers, they have also conceded in 4 of these 5 games. Believe that both teams will score once again, and with Stuttgart needing that win, expect them to go all out to get the winner or for Unirea to score on the counter to send it over

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 My first bet here is Both to score in Lyon @ 2,10 Debrecen players will be out to impress, and I have seen them in full games and highlights both - a very attacking side, using both wings and long range shots. Fact is only Liverpool kept a clean sheet vs the Hungarians, but in both games Debrecen had great chances. In both games vs Fiorentina they attacked for 90 mins and scored many. I trust they will score tonight too - I know it is different competitions and approach, but Lyon let 11 goals in 4 domestic games. The Over in this game is priced @ 1,47 and I find great value in Goal/Goal @ 2,10 as it usually takes two for an Over. Over 3,5 is @ 2,37 and I believe the price for my pick is a mistake, which I gladly take with 4 points. GL P.S. The Over 2,5 Goals is down to 1,40, Over 3,5 Goals is down to 2,13, while Goal/Goal stays @ 2,10. In other words bookies are pricing the chances of Debrecen to score at least one at the same price as Lyon score 4+ goals AND keep a clean sheet. I am increasing a bit my stake to 5/10 as it makes no sense - Lyon rushing for 90 mins to score as many as possible, while guests just bend over? Certainly worth the risk...

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Kiev v Barcelona There is no doubting that the "must win" factor can sometimes be overstated as many of us found out last night. However when dealing with Barcelona in a somewhat "must win" situation I look at it differently. Barca are the most complete side in the world and succeed where others fail. Being in this situation is entirely their own fault of course, but you can always expect them to turn it on. I am not sure what state the pitch will be in, but as mentioned previously it will be cold tonight. One would hope that on such an occasion Pep can drive that factor out of the players and make sure they get the job done. The line-up is not completely settled but I would expect a strong team as it is far from impossible for Barca to go out tonight. The presence of Ibra up front would leave me a lot more confident than if he does not play. He could be very important tonight. Bottom line is, if I cannot back Barca to win against Kiev in this situation then I do not know who I can back. Barcelona win 1.65 - High stakes.

Kiev v Barcelona I am not sure what state the pitch will be in, but as mentioned previously it will be cold tonight. One would hope that on such an occasion Pep can drive that factor out of the players and make sure they get the job done.

This proved for many seasons to be a very dangerous approach in betting ;) Fiore nothing to play for? Rangers nothing to play for? Add to this list Arsenal, Liverpool, Sevilla, Lyon, Debrecen, etc...In that case we should only look into the Barca/Inter group tonight? I think you are wrong and in the long run you will be having nasty surprises... The list of teams that ''had nothing to play for'' and won is endless in the years. This is Champions League, players are going out to do what they are paid for, and at this level if they do not give their best, time is coming when they risk sport-oblivion. Among others, there are first team places, better contracts, possible transfers to better teams, possible fines... Not to mention pride and profession... If your statement is true, then you got yourself an unbeatable accy with Lyon - 3,5 AH, Olympiacos - 1,5 AH, Sevilla - 2,5 AH... Who knows, maybe it is as easy as that, but what exactly had Porto, Man Utd, Bordeaux, Zurich and APOEL to play for last night? Read another post above of how Fiore will rest players and take it easy vs Liverpool...Who goes to Anfield for no matter what game to relax?
Totaly agree :ok

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 9/1 for a rangers win is huge. seville are already through and rangers have nothing to play for, except that it may be walter smiths last european game as rangers manager so they may be fired up for it that way. but rangers have played well away from home in the CL this season. when they are playing away and can sit back they do it well and do get atleast a couple of realy good chances normally counter attack. this is what they normally do in europe and it does work, take lyon 0-3 rangers 2 years ago for example, when they managed to go to the uefa cup final. the team they have just now is realy just the same as it was then, same players. at ibrox rangers are expected to come out a bit more and they have been destroyed in each 3 games. in the first half against seville rangers were probably the better side but once they lost one goal they lost the plot. against unirea got off to a good start went one nil up, then missed a penelty then like with seville when unirea scored they lost the plot. but we saw good performances from them aginst stutgart away and unirea away, and a game in which seville might play a reserve team and rangers may be determined to get there only win in the group, i think the 9/1 offered is worth a small dabble.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Group F Looks like being the only group worth watching tonight so lets try to sort it out Standings

ClubsPldWDLGFGAPts
Barcelona5221528
Inter5131566
Rubin Kazan5131456
Dinamo Kiev5122675
Fixtures Inter v Rubin Dinamo v Barca What are the rules (from uefa.com) If two or more teams are level on points they are split by (a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question, (b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question © higher number of goals scored away from home the group matches played among the teams in question (d) superior goal difference from all matches played, (e) higher number of goals scored, (f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as their association, over the previous five seasons. What results do the clubs need to qualify? This might go wrong so please shout if I make any mistakes: Barcelona need: 1. A win or draw 2. A 1 goal defeat if Inter win or draw Kiev need: 1. A win if Inter and Rubin draw 2. A win by three goals or more if Inter or Kazan win Inter need: 1. A win 2. A 0-0 or 1-1 draw, if Kiev do not win Kazan need: 1. A win 2. A 2-2 or higher scoring draw if Kiev do not win So onto the games: Kiev v Barca Team news from uefa.com: Dynamo Out: Yevgen Khacheridi (toe), Badr El Kaddouri (ankle) Leandro Almeida is available after a one-match ban. Barcelona Out: Jeffrén (knee) Doubtful: Gabriel Milito (match fitness) Kiev have a 3-1-2 record in their last six european home games. The wins have come against Russian or Turkish opponents. They have failed to win when facing Inter, Arsenal and Porto at home. Barca have an astonishing 5 draws in their last six european home games, including at european luminaries as Chelsea, Bayern, Lyon and Inter and recently agaisnt russians Kazan. All other things being equal, Barca are more than capable of getting the draw they need here and have form of drawing exactly this sort of game. However, the draw is a bit more difficult because a 1-0 defeat may be enough for Barca if the result in Milan is in Milans favour. They are also playing opposition for whom a draw is useless, so at some point of the game Kiev will have to go for it and leave the back gate unattended. This hasnt always been the case in previous Barca away games, where often the opposition are happy to draw at home to the mighty Barca. So after all that Im not really sure what the bet is. I make this game a real coin toss. If coins had three sides. Options as they appear to me are either the draw with cover, or Kiev +1. Im not really sure what the right bet is here, so I think I will stick with the stats and go for the draw. Inter v Kazan Team news from uefa.com Inter Out: Davide Santon (knee), Ricardo Quaresma (knee) Suspended: Cristian Chivu Rubin Out: Roman Sharonov (knee), Aleksandr Bukharov (wrist) Like Barcas away record, Inters home record is surprisingly full of draws. In their last 6 european games they have only managed to beat Anorthosis. They lost to Panathinaikos and have drawn against Kiev, Barca, Man U and Werder. Kazan are won 1 (barca) lost 1 (kiev) away from home in europe. Neither team can muck about with hoing for a kiev win, but neither team really fill you with confidence about winning this either. So much depends on what is happening in the other game. Do you really want to be on Inter at 1.5 with their home record, when a 0-0 or 1-1 draw will see them through? Rubin are the team who need to force things and get a goal, and, like poker, aggression can often be the key factor in games like this. But Rubin were around 15/1 to win at Barcelona, so the 7/1 about them to win in the San Siro in a game that the hosts must not lose or they are out doesnt hold much appeal. Despite all their problems, you would expect Inter to qualify from this position and on paper they have the better squad. Rubin havent won when the pressure is on (kiev). The complication is the low scoring draw sees Inter through, and they generally dont see many goals at home in the CL. So its either a no bet or an Inter win at 1.5. I want to see Sneijder playing though, otherwise the 0-0 and 1-1 correct scorelines might be more appropriate. The biggest conclusion of all of this has to be that these are two exceptionally difficult games to find an angle on. Definitely not a night for large stakes in my opinion.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Sevilla will play without a lot of first teamers: Luis Fabíano (ankle), Squillaci (ankle), Fazio (ankle), Acosta (ankle), Sánchez (flu), De Mul (hamstring), Adriano (flu), Escudé (broken nose). Doubtfull: Kanouté (elbow), Duscher (hamstring).

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Dont know why people are mentioning dick advocaat @ az..? He wont even be there against standard... his first match will be this weekend vs PSV. Hamdoui sucks this season, Dembele hasnt really performed, whole AZ squad is sucking. Dont rate standard high at all, but this seems like 2 sucky teams battling it out which could go either way. edit; was planning to put some on liverpool, but seeing as the odds dropped quite a lot since yesterday, outcome of the match being meaningless, and torres starting bench. Ill either drop the bet or take some live odds on them.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Olympique Lyonnais vs Debrecen: Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 1.60 - Betfair.com. I think alot of people expect Lyonnais to demolish Debrecen tonight and I think there are good reasons for that. It has been a bit up and down with goals for both teams as of late and both have had some 1-1 draw results. I have followed some Lyon matches when they were playing at home and must say that they are playing extremely well, and that the draw results have been a bit unlucky. Lyon should hammer them tonight as I think they will want to win. Lyonnais probable starting 11: Lloris; Clerc, Cris, Boumsong, Reveillere; Gonalons, Kallstrom; Michel Bastos, Ederson, Cesar Delgado; Lisandro. Ruled out: Defenders Cleber Anderson and Mathieu Bodmer, both of whom have been long-term issues. Left-back Aly Cissokho has been suffering from a groin injury of late, so he may be kept back once more. Holding midfielders Jeremy Toulalan and Maxime Gonalons are both slowly being reintroduced to the first team, with the latter involved on the bench at the weekend. Michel Bastos will return to the team after missing the defeat in Lille due to suspension. Debrecen probable starting 11: Pantic; Bodnar, Szelesi, Komlosi, Leandro; Kiss; Czvitkovics, Ramos, Varga, Laczko; Rudolf Leandro (knee) and Jozsef Varga (ankle) are expected to overcome their ailments to feature. Peter Biro, Peter Mate, David Mohl and Dudu are not registered to play in the competition. Dynamo Kiev vs FC Barcelona: Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 1.99 - Betfair.com. Time for Dynamo to play at home versus the best team in the world, and certainly the strongest line-up tonight. Barcelona have been a bit up and down as of late, but their coach have done quite a bit of experimenting with younger players and they have had some injuries. Barcelona take some cups seriously and others less serious and we all know they have won the Champions League several times. Tonight will be no exception as I think they will try to burst Dynamo Kiev's CL bubble quite early in the game and then hammer them after that. I do still think that Dynamo Kiev are able to score though, and with two teams of their quality, I expect some goals to hit the net tonight. Hence the reason for the over 2.5 goals bet. Historically it is 12 years ago since Kiev have beaten Barcelona on a visit and where they then won the game 3-0. Barcelona are unbeaten in eight away matches in the UEFA Champions League. Dynamo Kiev probable starting 11: Shovkovskyi, Yussuf, Eremenko, Betao, Magrao, Mikhalik, Ninkovic, Vukojevic, Shevchenko, Milevskyy, Yarmolenko. FC Barcelona probable starting 11: Valdes, Abidal, Puyol, Pique, Alves, Xavi, Yaya, Iniesta, Henry, Ibrahimovic and Messi. I would normally say that Barcelona straight win is a banker as that line-up is gonna be extremely tough, but Dynamo Kiev's line-up arent that bad and they are still more than capable of scoring. Both teams to score would be a good bet but I expect more than that. Good luck!

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 poor ronald koeman..waiting to be sacked actually..last season champions but bad bad season so far... i doubt he can manage..he surely can whack a powerful shot and defend but look at his record...sacked at valencia..sacked at ajax...now sacked at AZ... he better off being a pundit...:nana:nana

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Kiev - Barca Lots of combinations in this group and most importantly all 4 teams can get through. Barca can be eliminated with draw but can also pass with 1-0, 3-1 defeat depending on result from Milan. No matter at the final scenario i believe that their main tought will be how to win tonight. Kiev has to win if they want to pass, draw will be enough for EL only if Rubin loses at Inter so no room for calculations there too. If we'll have an early goal this bet will be won in first 60 mins. :hope Over 2.5 @ 1.95, Pinnacle Inter - Kazan Same thing i wrote for Kiev-Barca game goes for this game too. Both teams have great offensive players and neither team will settle with a draw. Early goal will make the other side think more about scoring goal than defending their own. This looks like the most high scoring match of the evening to me. Over 2.5 @ 2.01, Pinnacle Olympiakos - Arsenal Arsenal clinched top spot and AW will field mostly fringe players tonight. It's still a decent team though, not worse than Olympiakos but rarely plays together. Oly needs one point to qualify, Arsenal wouldn't mind being undefeated at Piraeus so a draw would be the most logical choice which would make both sides happy. Draw @ 3.20, Ladbrokes

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 I will not give any chance for the bookies tonigth to take my money... :spank Sevillia-Rangers Definetly a blanck match in terms of qualification meanings . Sevillia are on top spot of the group , and to ensure that they only need a point... in case that Urziceni beats Stuttgart :eek . Louis Fabiano , their best player , is for sure missing this game along with other first teammates . They will have a B squad on the field . But thats not the point . Neither in Rangers plans isn`t much to gain from a good result here . They are last in the group , and even if the money and prestige counts , they know from the beggining that is useless to put to much effort in a revenge battle with a better team , who also plays infrount of their own fans ! My betting angle in this match will be a rather non-ortodox one ! We all know for fact , that 888 on the Sevillia t-shorts means nonthing else than a betting agency . :unsure I don`t know what problems are in the team but they fail on usual basis to deliver the win , wen their price on the betting market is low . Yeah... last three matches at home confirms that . :unsure But they are also not lossing... to keep the apparences... maybe ?! ;) DRAW @5.00 / coral ...... Standard-Alkmaar This could be a real open match with many goals . The belgians have some players missing , and not a good streak of results lately . They draw at home with G.B . last game , coming from behind to secure a 2-2 . The AZ-ets have dissmist their coach recently , and apointed a new one . Although he is not in charge yet ! for this game they play with second in comand coach ! They come here very motivated to get a full 3 points . Only a win , will give meaning to this game . They need 3 points to play in EUROPA-CUP in the next stages . Whit their attack posibilities , the shacky results from the belgians , the starting from zero after coach dissmisal , the must win category of the game-were they are the dogs.... I will give them full credit to do it ! to win this match . AZ WIN @4.20 / bet365 .......... Suttgart-Unirea Yeah it`s a must win for Stuttgart... this time realy ! yeah... :rollin I`ll give here the full credit to the team of my country . They have 2 players out for this clash -captain Galamaz , and Maftei center-back . But this is the game of their life . Their power is in the team and not in the players individual . The coach Petrescu , is one of the most profesional who exists . Hard training , possesion , pases , keep the temper , discipline... are his teachings , and the players respond very well ! He is now in discutions with the federation of Scotland to take over the national team ! Stuttgart have also missing and doubtful players ! a medium list... They fired Babel , and have a new coach now , but personaly I`m not sure that that was the problem with the incapity of winning games that Stuttgart has . I will ignore the new-coach sindrome in a game with a romanian team who will give it all to obtain the one of two results neded to achive the dream of their lifes . DRAW @3.75 / bet365 ....... Liverpool-Fiorentina A game between pride and one point to secure the first spot . Liverpool is unreliable till now . Maybe Torres will start the game , but there are rumours that it will be a young team on the field against italians . I think Rafa will not give to much on the pride thing , when he has to save the season from now on . The qualification is missed and there goes the motivation , to give it all on the field tonight . For what ? For public ? They have an important match with Arsenal on Sunday , and now Benitez might try something new to check his complet options for future . Fiorentina have some injuried players , but they come here with their mind not to lose , to secure the first spot in the group . Being an italian team they will probably aim their goal easily enough . Liverpool not able to win the games recently , faces an italian team who only needs a point ! hmmm... let me guess , :zzz DRAW @3.40 / stanjames :hope

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Stuttgart - Unirea: Unirea (+0.5) AH @ 2.43 (Bet365) 10/10 I think Stuttgart are seriously short here. In the last 6 matches (all competitions) Stuttgart are 1-4-1. In these 6 matches they haven't scored more than a goal in any match. Unirea have a historic opportunity to advance to the next round by getting a draw or a win. In the last 6 matches (all competitions) they have a good record of 4-2-0. Clearly, I believe the value bet is on Unirea and the AH odds are excellent given the situation.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 I have ruled out more matches then ruled them in... Lyon were woeful at the weekend. Just not playing well, match is not important to them and therefore staying away at such short odds. If I was tempted I'd lay Lyon with a view to trade Sevilla are missing over 8 first team players. Again their match means little. All they need is a draw to finish top. Leaving it alone Arsenal will play a very weak team even for their standards in a match worth nothing... Again staying away Leige V AZ is a toss of a coin. AZ are a win away from getting their season back on track and into teh Europa league, Leige are 3 points away and The Arsenal match to go their way from getting into the Second round. Way too tight to call I like the noises coming out of Liverpool this week. Torres is back, Aquilani starts and as much as Benetiz talks about bringing in new faces - its exactly what the team and the Kop need. A bunch of new fringe players to make the like sof Kuyt or Lucas or Insua to stand up and realise they are not all that. I'll be waiting for team news - But I think the 1.86 on Liverpool is value. Barca - Have weighted in with a 4 figure bet on Barca tonight @ 1.66 but layed it @ 1.65 2 hours later. Not comfortable with Barca this season. They are huffing and puffing and like Man Utd, ground results out. They may well win this game, but 1.65 is not value. I'll wait 20 mins and follow this game live. They already got turned over by Kazan and I'll be weary of them sitting on the Draw. Kiev are also in this and if they were told all they had to do was win their last home game to qualify to the next round - They would have taken it. So for me - wait for team on Liverpool (want Gerard to start personally) and Wait to see first 20 mins of Barca match...

Going for a big one tonight. It's gonna be a good Xmas if it comes in! Liverpool Barcelona Inter Newcastle Sevilla -1 Handicap £260 Super Yankee returns £1482 Wish me luck! :hope Good luck everyone!
I wish you luck. I am also putting in high stakes as I have been on a winning streak and want a all or nothing this time. So if Liverpool comes in @ 2,2 (most important game) I will be buying a new 60" LG Plasma :) And if Arsenal also comes in I will buy another 42" LCD for the home office to display trader stats :) See you also have Liverpool. Do you think we can win, or will it be very hard? :okGL:ok

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Inter Milan vs Rubin staying away from this game, inter milan's recent form doesn't suggest much of a win to me. its not that their not capable of winning it, first being edged out by juventus on the weekend, then just about beating fiorentina due an 85th minute penalty and then outclassed by barca, i can see rubin potentially upsetting the odds here. rubin have had a week and a half to prepare for this, it might or might not be an advantage but i would prefer to not risk anything. if i was going to bet on this, i would go for over 2.5, inter despite needing the win are not the type to go all out attack, but add that to rubin's potential of scoring. Liverpool vs Fiorentina the fact that fiorentina manager may rest players helps me in my decision to back liverpool. yes as the 100th person in this thread to say this game is worth nothing is obvious, but liverpool owe the home fans something here. and if aquilani starts i can see a bit more of an attacking game as l'pool finally get rid of those 2 holding midfielders. IF fiorentina do play a strong team then only i will back over 2.5 goals. so Liverpool win or over 2.5 (depending on whether fiorentina rest players or dont) Chicken Kiev:rollin vs Barcelona i use this name because 1 im hungry and 2 thats what you might as well call them after this game is done. the players are motivated for their so called final, but like it or not this barcelona team are picking up their form and the hosts will go running scared, they beat deportivo despite having a poor record against them and created so many chances, they didnt need to get out of gear 1 to beat xerex and they took the bullets fired at them by madrid and won the battle. and they ripped up inter milan without ibra and messi. im just going to wait to see the team lineups from this game if it is the strong side i can predict then i'll go for Barcelona win

See you also have Liverpool. Do you think we can win, or will it be very hard? :okGL:ok
Ofcourse it will be hard. Its the Champions League. They are all champions :) In my oppinion its best to go with alot of goals, or no goals in this tournament. Very simple. Either its over, or either its under. Hope you get your telly though ;)