** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Dec 09

Wednesday 9 December 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifDynamo Kyiv v FC Barcelona (19:45 GMT) 6 3.9 1.7 101.13 %
maximize.gifInternazionale v Rubin Kazan (19:45 GMT) 1.55 4.33 8.5 99.36 %
maximize.gifLiverpool v Fiorentina (19:45 GMT) 2.2 3.5 3.9 99.67 %
maximize.gifOlympiakos v Arsenal (19:45 GMT) 2.15 3.4 4.2 99.73 %
maximize.gifOlympique Lyonnais v Debreceni VSC (19:45 GMT) 1.24 7 17 100.81 %
maximize.gifSevilla v Rangers (19:45 GMT) 1.4 5.1 10.5 100.56 %
maximize.gifStandard de Liège v AZ Alkmaar (19:45 GMT) 1.97 3.5 4.4 102.06 %
maximize.gifVfB Stuttgart v Unirea Urziceni (19:45 GMT) 1.64 3.95 6.6 101.44 %

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Sorry, but you've gotta lap up some of the 2.2 on offer here for Liverpool. There's a good chance Torres will be back here, and I think they will be going for the win. I think anything over evens for Liverpool at home against what is most definitely not the best side in the Italian league, is a bit of a gift.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Liverpool is evens at coral now, as liverpool has not qualified to the next round they would be able to relax against a good fiorentina side. I see this as a 2-0 for liverpool hoping that torres is back aswell. Lyon knows that liverpool is able getting atleast a draw against fiorentina and knows that a win for them and fiorentina losses would guarantee top spot to lyon. so my picks is lyon and liverpool. I will post more picks tomorrow

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Can not believe the odds on Liverpool to beat Fiorentina on Wednesday night.....Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli has already said that he may rest key players as he wants his team to be ready for Chievo next weekend....Fernando Torres may start and Fiorentina will not put much effort into this match so I'm taking Liverpool 11/10 , Liverpool -1 2/1, and HT/FT Liverpool/Liverpool at 5/2.....Anyone betting on Liverpool I'd advise you to bet early as their price will go to 10/11 as the game gets closer...!

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 there was something funny about the way man utd played against west ham. it reminded me of exactly how wolfsburg play all the time. if that match was any indication then i think alex ferguson is going with attacking intentions against wolfsburg. i think i'm going with over bet here and 3-3 final score

Re: Champions League » Dec 09

there was something funny about the way man utd played against west ham. it reminded me of exactly how wolfsburg play all the time. if that match was any indication then i think alex ferguson is going with attacking intentions against wolfsburg. i think i'm going with over bet here and 3-3 final score
Do Manchester United have any defender left to play with? :lol Neville and Brown went off injured at the weekend. Evans, Vidic and Ferdinand missed Saturday's fixture. Will they play. I think over 2.5 goals could be a great bet. Currently 2.16??? yes, 2.16 with BET365....

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli has already said that he may rest key players as he wants his team to be ready for Chievo next weekend....
It seems surprising that he won't be interested in a game where they could lose the 1st place in the group and any advantages that will have in the next stage... Has Prandelli REALLY said that? Can we have a probable lineup for Fiore?

Do Manchester United have any defender left to play with? :lol Neville and Brown went off injured at the weekend. Evans, Vidic and Ferdinand missed Saturday's fixture. Will they play. I think over 2.5 goals could be a great bet. Currently 2.16??? yes, 2.16 with BET365....
Especially given both sides attacking capabilities. Looks a great bet.:ok

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Whether Fiorentina come with a weakened side or not, im on Liverpool to take the win on wednesday. Even though they are already eliminated, they will want to prove a point in support of the manager - especially playing this game at home. Likely draws (two draws usually brings in at least 9/1) at Olympiakos and Liege. Why? Olympiakos have a great home record (4 wins out of 5) and Arsenals stuttering away form. Arsenal are in an unassailable position at the top and may be happy to stay unbeaten. Olympiakos only need a draw to take second. Liege haven't won a game since early November, Az already have 3 draws from 5 in this competition. Liege are one point ahead as both teams aim for 3rd and entry to the Europa league.

AZ manager Ronald Koeman has been fired last saturday so AZ will be playing withoout a manager. Not sure how this will affect AZ but I doubt it'll be very positive.
They already got a new coach - Dick Advocaat. I would rather stay away from this game, it can go both ways.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 What are the thoughts on the Stuttgart game? Unirea are obviously capable of scoring away, 1-4 against rangers last game, and with them already in 2nd place in the group I think that laying Stuttgart might be a nice bet, maybe even a small wager on Unirea given Stuttgarts lack of goals in their last 3 home games in the Bundesliga (3 in 5) 2 of those games were against fellow relegation candidates

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 I will be backing stuggart, they have a new coach in Chrsitian Gross and this will be his 1st game. Stuggart were tremendous at Ibrox a few weeks ago and could have themselves netted a few more. Unirea have been great and a merit to themselves but i feel the Germans will have too much especially on home soil. Im tempted to even go stuggart -1

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Barca will also win ;) Dynamo look terible lately.they had bright start but i don't see them taking anything from this match.I'll wait for Barca's team news and if they will play same squad as they had against Deportivo then i'll go large on them :dude

Ok guys,i'm with you on Liverpool :ok Big odds on Arsenal by the way.I know they have half team injured but still don't think they will loose in Greece.Draw look like a good bet to me.
Arsene Wenger is set to rest a host of players for this fixture. Given what happened away at Manchester City, I'm reluctant to bet on Arsenal here.

Arsene Wenger is set to rest a host of players for this fixture. Given what happened away at Manchester City' date=' I'm reluctant to bet on Arsenal here.[/quote'] I didn't say back them Jase...i said draw look good as Olimpiakos are not top Europian team anyway...

I didn't say back them Jase...i said draw look good as Olimpiakos are not top Europian team anyway...
Laying Arsenal looks a good bet to me, they have a fair few injuries and while Oly are not the best champions league team they have won both their home games in the comp this year and overall are unbeaten in 13 home CL games streaching back a couple of years, so they know how to play in their own stadium..

I didn't say back them Jase...i said draw look good as Olimpiakos are not top Europian team anyway...
This is another game where the bookies clearly are undevided on where to place Arsenal. They are ranked at between 3 and 4.7 with various firms. Because of those reasons I think it's probably a game best left alone. I personally think that Arsenal will be lucky to draw if they rest too many experienced players.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 disagree with you mahno i think dynamo at a huge 11/1 on the -1 handicap are worth taking remember this team grinds out results and have recently beaten shaktar 3-0 at home the same shaktar that beat barca 5-2 in the last game , barca have nothing to play for here and i expect a reserve team and dynamo have an outside chance of qualifying so artem milesky to score anytime is a decent bet too.:spank

disagree with you mahno i think dynamo at a huge 11/1 on the -1 handicap are worth taking remember this team grinds out results and have recently beaten shaktar 3-0 at home the same shaktar that beat barca 5-2 in the last game ' date=' barca have nothing to play for here and i expect a reserve team and dynamo have an outside chance of qualifying so artem milesky to score anytime is a decent bet too.:spank[/quote'] you must be kidding, barca has nothing to play for here ? what if Kiev wins 3-0 and inter beats rubin with any score ? barca goes to uefa cup then, think better . Barca will go there for winning , they wont leave any chance to kiev .

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 This dynamo side are mmuch better at home emphasised by the fact that they beat rubin easily 3-1 and away should have got all 3 points, they have matched intermilan both times thye have played them and i dont think they should be taken lightly its games lyk these were i see barca slipping up i dnt think they will get beat 3-0 but 2-0 isnt out of the question just ask rubin!!!

disagree with you mahno i think dynamo at a huge 11/1 on the -1 handicap are worth taking remember this team grinds out results and have recently beaten shaktar 3-0 at home the same shaktar that beat barca 5-2 in the last game ' date=' barca have nothing to play for here and i expect a reserve team and dynamo have an outside chance of qualifying so artem milesky to score anytime is a decent bet too.:spank[/quote'] That's wrong. If Barcelona lose, they will be level on points with Kiev, wth eight. Both Rubin and Inter are on 6, so technically, if one of Rubin or Inter win and Barcelona lose, they could get eliminated.

This dynamo side are mmuch better at home emphasised by the fact that they beat rubin easily 3-1 and away should have got all 3 points' date=' they have matched intermilan both times thye have played them and i dont think they should be taken lightly its games lyk these were i see barca slipping up i dnt think they will get beat 3-0 but 2-0 isnt out of the question just ask rubin!!![/quote'] they beat rubin 3-1 at home ? big deal ... Well losing against rubin at home for barca 'disaster' this is football anything can happen but guardiola won't allow to see another surprise there. I am a bit sure about that , This is Barcelona>>>>>kiev. we will see .

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Arsenal look a huge price to me. Although it will be a young team, there's still a lot of talent in there and we're still capable of scoring some wonder goals. They've shown in the Carling Cup they can score some wonder goals and fear no-one. I expect we'll line up something like this; Fabianski Gilbert- Song - Silvestre - Cruise Eastmond Ramsey - Merida Walcott - Vela - Wilshire The youngsters are capable of coming up with some nice results so I'll take the 10/3 available at some bookies.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Get on Olympiakos. We will play some good stuff, especially Merida and Wilshere, and you never know, these youngsters could grow up overnight and put in a mature display, but I very much doubt it. Look for Olympiakos to show us up on set-pieces.