** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Although I would've been disapppointed had our middle distance turf filly form did not prove better than theirs, it was still a great performance by Midday and great to see Henry with a Breeders' winner. She really answered to the pressure well and flew up the inner - must say I thought she was beat entering the home turn. :clap

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November

All Bet365 BOG 8:35 - Breeders Cup Marathon. Mastery to WIN 13/8 9:08 Breeders Cup Juveniles Fillies Turf Junia Tepzia E/W @ 9/1 9:45 Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Always a Princess E/W @ 7/1 10:23 Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf Magical Fantasy WIN @ 4/1 11:02 Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Sprint Free Flying Soul E/W @ 33/1 11:45 Breeders Cup Ladies Classic Careless Jewel WIN @ 3/1
:eyes:eyes:eyes Only the one 33/1 E/W for me, the rest ... well :eyes Glad Midday won though :ok

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November

Tip Detail
Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event SANTA ANITA - 20:49 Breeders Cup Juvenile
Selection RADIOHEAD (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 07/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 21.00 (Back)
Reasoning SANTA ANITA - 20:49 Breeders Cup Juvenile EACH WAY: RADIOHEAD Bought by owners of 2008 Kentucky Derby hero BIG BROWN after winning Norfolk. His sire, Johannesburg, won Norfolk then BC Juvenile during his unbeaten 2yo. First time beyond 6f but pedigree suggest he will relish the extra distance. The 2yo was not far in the Nunthorpe (G1) against older horses, 1 1/2L in 3RD. His other Group 1 try was lto when beaten 3/4L in the Middle Park Stakes. Useful pedigree on his side, has good speed to finish well, and a good price. *LADBROKES : Each-way bets 1/4 odds first 3
Close Window

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 6:45 Santa Anita: Bridgetown 3pts win 9/1 Stan James Thought I'd have a look at the card to see if any British raiders I could support. When looking at this race though the one that stands out at the prices is Bridgetown. A winner of a Grade 3 over a mile on firm at Woodbine looks solid. Lightly raced too. I've had a look at a couple of other races but think I'll see how this goes before having any more bets!!

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 7.23 Turf Sprint STRIKE THE DEAL Since Fallon took over the ride, the horse is 2 from 2. I still beleive the horse prefers 6f & can be backed at a decent ew price. 8.10 BC sprint FLEETING SPIRIT Another British raider for Noseda & can also be placed at a decent return. Ran well all season & is a Group 1 horse. 22.12 MASTERCRAFTSMAN O'Brien had a winner last night & this one has been consistent all season but ran into great horses such as Sea the stars etc. Won't be a great price but had a good warm up on the AW last time out & will go close. 22.57 CONDUIT Attempting a repeat of last years great win in this race. Sets a great standard & goes well for Ryan Moore. Will probably play up an EW yankee on the above 4 for some interest. :ok

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Bit rushed tonight so concentrated on EU threats ;) 6.45 Sanita Anita Nothing very exciting for me personally, but I think same as racing post awesome act could be dangerous at a huge price if getting cover and Ryan moore doing the steering more than capable. 0.25pt e/w awesome act (American tote) 7.23 Sanita Anita Wide open event but gonna go for one of our own home residents strike the deal who is 2 from 2 under fallon and takes a massive upgrade tonight against the famous American sprinters!! 0.25pt e/w strike the deal (American tote) 8.10 Sanita Anite Zensational is a blazing front runner but has put up a brilliant string of victories but looks plenty short enough in the market and the fast pace could setup for the finisher Gayego who has been hyped to the max in the press etc. 0.5pt win gayego 5/2 betfred 8.49 Sanita Anita Beethoven caused a bit of a shock at Newmarket when I was there last time and I did say he probably was worth backing again but against this field he could atleast get a place especially with Moore on board again and visor is fitted again which appeared to bring huge improvement out. 0.25pt e/w Beethoven (American tote) 9.28 Sanita Anita Goldikova can get back to winning ways around here tonight and has clearly beaten some of the best European horses in time and won this last year. I am a personal fan of delegator and would love to see him bounce back from his disappointment last time out. 1pt win goldikova (American tote) 10.12 Sanita Anita Everyone appears to be against mastercraftsman’s acceleration but he warmed up nicely at dundalk and clearly should take to the surface and aslong as murtagh can get him up with the pace he can see out the finish unlike some of these and gonna give him a chance. 0.5pt win mastercraftsman’s (American tote) 10.57 Sanita Anita Conduit should win this again tonight but Spanish Moon is a credit to Stoutes flying yard he is banned from racing in uk because of his troubles at stalls but has not let that stopped him from winning some impressive group races around europe this season and looks to be a decent price on the american tote for atleast a place behind conduit either way I’l shout either home happily aslong as the yanks don’t win the title lol! 0.5pt e/w Spanish moon (American tote) 11.45 Sanita Anita So the final race and as far as I can see it between the top 2 in the market and of course would love to see Rip Van Winkle romp home but Zenyatta is gonna be a tough cookie to crack if she is upto taking on her male rivals so from a betting point of view il play both 0.75pt win rip van winkle (American tote) 0.25pt win Zenyatta 7/2 betfred

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November I cannot take Zenyatta to win, but she is a possibility for an E/W bet if she goes 4/1... Never been the distance, and taking on the boys for the first time is a huge ask. Yes, she receives a bit of weight, but I do not think that she will have enough for this lot - 9 Group 1 winners in the field...

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 23:45 Santa Anita: Twice Over 3pts win 1pt place 14/1 VC Bet Twice Over did me a favour at Newmarket a couple of weeks back and having watched some races from Santa Anita I think the track could suit his running style. If he gets a good break - stays handy then kicks clear like he did at Newmarket he may take some pulling back. Rip Van Winkle will be hard to beat although the wide draw is something of a concern. Zenyatta will be a hugely popular winner and she does go on the surface. Whereas the US dirt horses so far have not translated their form to Pro ride. Given all that Twice Over looks a sporting bet.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November In the classic, I am on Gio Ponti @ 14's (365) to upset the main principals. Has won on this pro-ride and was on a run of 4 successive G1 victories before losing lto in a G1 that was over what looked an unsatisfactory 12f. Steps back down to 10f tonight, a distance he has won 2 of his G1 successes this season, including the Arlington Million. Not fully convinced that Rip Van Winkle will be 100% fit, as he will need to be to do himself justice. Aiden O'Brien said himself, he would have liked another month ideally. This is a concern and the price is poor, taking that into consideration. Zenyatta is a bit of a wonder filly over that side of the pond and the current 4/1 could well be massive, but the big question mark remains, Why has she run 13 times (all victories) but, not once attempted a race against the colts? Up til now it seems they have gone the easy route. If she steps up to the mark though, then the price is huge. Of the others, Twice Over is interesting at her very best, but the Arlington Million 5th placed horse, Quality Road is not only a G1 winner, but he is a G1 winner over CD on his one and only start here at Santa Anita, and he may represent a little bit of e/w value at 11/1. As said earlier, my main bet is Gio Ponti 0.6pts E/W @ 14/1 but have also backed Quality Road 0.4pts E/W @ 11/1.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Dar Re Mi 10.57 Santa Anita Has been in tremendous form this year and for me is one of the best fillies in Europe. Progressed from 2nd at York in a Grade 3 to win two Grade 1 races, over 10f and 12f and also beat another super filly in Sariska. Went to France, raced over 12f and won the race but was placed 5th due to interference. That was also a fillies and mares race. The RP says it has not beaten the opposite sex but the run in the Arc was a fantastic effort. It finished 5th and was only beaten about 3l by superstar Sea The Stars, 2l behind Youmzain and finished in front of horses like Fame and Glory and Vision D'Etat. Dettori takes over from usual jockey Jimmy Fortune and he has shown how effective he is at the Breeders Cup already and in previous meetings in America. I respect Conduit, that finished just in front of Dar Re Mi in the Arc but feel it is too short at 11-10 although I would not be laying it either. I feel Dar Re Mi is good enough to win this and a decent win bet at 4-1. Won on gd-fm at York and firm ground here tonight.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 8.49 Santa Anita Not totally sure where the pace will come from here but I expect Godolphin's Vale of York to figure prominently and for that reason he should be well positioned should pace become an issue. In five career runs to date he is yet to win on an artificial surface but Godolphin have enough experience to know if he will handle it. His turf form reads quite well, he was a listed level winner at Goodwood on fast ground in September and shaped as if needing further than 7f. Last time out at the San Siro he was a good second to Hearts of Fire in an Italian Group 1. Perhaps not the strongest form in the race, but probably would be shorter if Frankie was on and I rate his deputy, Ahmed Ajtebi. 25/1 Hills, 0.25 pt EW.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Am a great fan of Conduit, backed him last year in this. Has the best chance of winning but, is vey short today. Is usually a hold up horse and may not get the fast pace he likes. Slow pace may mean he'll struggle for a turn of foot. At the prices prefur his stable companion and Dar Re Mi.