** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 10.57 Santa Anita Presious Passion has been seen as the pacemarker in this, possibly setting the race up for fast finishers such as Conduit and Red Rocks, but what if he simply dominates throughout and is allowed to set modest fractions? He is a course winner, handles firm ground and has won two Group races this year (albeit if weaker US races). If Fallon on Spanish Moon is not asked to ruffle him up to try set this for stablemate Conduit I think he could go well from the front. 10/1 Blue Sq, 0.25 pt EW.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November

hope you're right mate ;)
He has looked a right machine on his 4 starts so far. This horse just oozes class, and I think he is capable of going to the very top. I think he will stay, and I think he will handle the surface. Add to that, the track is riding perfectly to suit him. Lets hope it goes to plan. I have followed the US 2 year olds avidly this season in prep for this race, so I hope its worthwhile !

8.49 Santa Anita Not totally sure where the pace will come from here but I expect Godolphin's Vale of York to figure prominently and for that reason he should be well positioned should pace become an issue. In five career runs to date he is yet to win on an artificial surface but Godolphin have enough experience to know if he will handle it. His turf form reads quite well, he was a listed level winner at Goodwood on fast ground in September and shaped as if needing further than 7f. Last time out at the San Siro he was a good second to Hearts of Fire in an Italian Group 1. Perhaps not the strongest form in the race, but probably would be shorter if Frankie was on and I rate his deputy, Ahmed Ajtebi. 25/1 Hills, 0.25 pt EW.
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

8.49 Santa Anita Not totally sure where the pace will come from here but I expect Godolphin's Vale of York to figure prominently and for that reason he should be well positioned should pace become an issue. In five career runs to date he is yet to win on an artificial surface but Godolphin have enough experience to know if he will handle it. His turf form reads quite well, he was a listed level winner at Goodwood on fast ground in September and shaped as if needing further than 7f. Last time out at the San Siro he was a good second to Hearts of Fire in an Italian Group 1. Perhaps not the strongest form in the race, but probably would be shorter if Frankie was on and I rate his deputy, Ahmed Ajtebi. 25/1 Hills, 0.25 pt EW.
take a bow mate:clap

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 11.45 Santa Anita If Rip Van Winkle runs to form then this race will turn into a precision. However, he has had such a hard season consistently trying to overthrow Sea The Stars that I am taking him on with Mine That Bird, the Kentucky Derby winner. He is rated 8 lbs inferior to the Ballydoyle star on Timeform ratings but he is only rated 2 lbs lower than Zenyatta, a 7/2 chance here, on their ratings and getting 1 lb from that rival he looks overpriced at 33/1 in my opinion. He won on polytrack at Woodbine to suggest he may handle pro-ride tonight. 33/1 VC Bet, 0.25 pt EW.

He has looked a right machine on his 4 starts so far. This horse just oozes class' date=' and I think he is capable of going to the very top. I think he will stay, and I think he will handle the surface. Add to that, the track is riding perfectly to suit him. Lets hope it goes to plan. I have followed the US 2 year olds avidly this season in prep for this race, so I hope its worthwhile ![/quote'] Blimey, somebody forgot to fuel up :(

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November ZACINTO 9.28 Santa Anita. 0.5 points each way. Should get the decent pace needed and stays the trip well. Can improve on what's already been shown thus far and I think he will be tough to beat. Ryan Moore classy enough to get all the fractions right.

cheers lads' date=' always liked Ajtebi :nana[/quote'] Well done mate, cracking ride from Ajtebi. As it came round the bend I thought he had plenty of horse under him, it seemed to fade away and then stayed on again, gave it a great drive to get up on the line. :clap

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Always thought Delegator struggles to stay a mile in Europe. But these tight turns mean 7f horses do well. Goes well on firm and SBS is in good form. Want to be against Goldicova at the price, after her latest run. Gladiatorus and / or Zacinto might be worth a saver.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November i thought i would be happy with Dancing With Silks, but Goldikova ridden differently not going off from the front, i now feel that the race she lost last time out was the wrong tactics and they were sharpening her up for this Spot on Freddy head

Am a great fan of Conduit' date=' backed him last year in this. Has the best chance of winning but, is vey short today. Is usually a hold up horse and may not get the fast pace he likes. Slow pace may mean he'll struggle for a turn of foot. At the prices prefur his stable companion and Dar Re Mi.[/quote'] Decided to back Dar Re Mi at 11/2 as the main bet. Probably go in for Spanish Moon late on PMU. As second strings often drift on tote. SP also goes well on firm surface. The diference between Conduit and Dar Re Mi in the Arc does not justify the price difference. Evens and 11/2.