** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November

In my opinion, 2 of the best days flat racing in the flat calendar. 14 top quality Group 1 races traking place this year at Oak Tree, Santa Anita. The schedule: Friday November 6 20:35: Breeders' Cup Marathon 21.08: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf 21.45: Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint 22.23: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies 23.02: Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf 23.45: Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic Saturday November 7 18.45: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf 19.23: Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint 20.10: Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile 20.49: Breeders' Cup Juvenile 21.28: Breeders' Cup Mile 22.12: Breeders' Cup Sprint 22.57: Breeders' Cup Turf 23.45: Breeders' Cup Classic Obviously the classic is the big one, won previously by INVASOR last year. WHERE TO WATCH Full Breeders Cup coverage will be on ATR and RUK. However, for those without access to these tv channels, there will be full coverage from Oak Tree on www.calracing.com/video. Sign up is required, but its free and you will be able to see all Californian racing on there in the future. Here's to a cracking 2 days next weekend :drums:drums

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Bad timing for me as it clashes with Haye V Valuev. I want to watch both events but I'm not going to pay for boxing on pay per view and then miss it for the racing. Really enjoy the breeders cup and love it when our horses go over there and spank the yanks. I hope Rip Van Winkle puts the unbeaten Zanyetta in her place. I'm hoping the racing/boxing somehow works out so I can watch both. Maybe Haye V Valuev starts between races and Haye knocks out the giant in the 1st round. ;)

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Breeders Cup Dirt Mile - Mastercraftsman NRNB 5/2 Ladbrokes Mastercraftsman warmed up for this race with a win on the all-weather at Dundalk, wasn't up against a great deal but took to the surface well enough, has some great form in the bag with a win in the St James' Palace Stakes at Ascot, ran in the Juddmonte against Sea The Stars when going down by a length, it looked for a while that he may win but STS ended up getting up, stil a very good run. Ladbrokes are stand out 5/2 here which looks a very good price, if he doesn't turn up for this race then stakes are returned.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November I dont know anything about the US horses, or the configuation of their tracks etc, but I'll have stab at their tipping comp seen as its free. Friday 8.35 - Think Father Time is better than the bare result of the St Leger and although not backing with Ahern on (would have with Queally) think he can reverse form with Mastery. 9.08 - Lillie Langry - shaped as if would get a mile when winning at Newmarket last time out. Handles firm going too. 9.45 - I know nothing about these, so Blind Luck seems apt. Has won over CD and has one of the highest RPR. 10.23 - Midday - Queally is on, thats enough to convince me. Nassau winner, one of highest RPR rated and gets weight from some. 11.02 - Sara Louise - couple of efforts over 6f suggest 7f will be fine. 11.45 - Careless Jewel - prolific filly that looks for double hat-trick. Saturday 6.45 - Pounced - Gosden won here with Raven's Pass the other year! 7.23 - Gotta Have Her - consistent sprinter won few Group races of late. 8.10 - Gayego - 6f winner in G1 lto. 8.49 - Looking at Lucky - CD winner 9.28 - Goldikova - High class filly that will appreciate return to a mile 10.12 - Midshipman - CD winner 10.57 - Dar Re Mi - has enjoyed a great season 11.47 - Rip Van Winkle - no Sea The Stars around today

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 22:23 Santa Anita - 6003.GIF MIDDAY. MIDDAY has been a model of consistency this season for Henry Cecil starting from her first outing when finishing 2nd in the Blue Riband Stakes at Epsom. She then went on to run out clear winner in an Oaks Trial at Lingfield next time out before tackling the real thing in which she pushed Sariska all the way. After placing in the Irish Oaks, MIDDAY finally got her moment of glory winning the Group One Nassau Stakes at Goodwood. On her last run she wasn't at all disgraced when finishing 3rd in the Prix De L'Opera, and since Henry Cecil has commented that she wasn't fully wound up for that run as this is her main assignment. The conditions at Santa Anita should suit this filly perfectly and with Tom Queally having the season of his career I couldn't ask for anyone better to ride her to victory. WIN.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November All Bet365 BOG 8:35 - Breeders Cup Marathon. This really should be a match up between the 2 market principals Mastery and Father Time. Whilst the latter will have solid claims of being able to reverse the St Leger form, I feel the gradual progression of Mastery and the red hot form of the stable has to be taken into consideration and he could prove a very worthy favourite here. The further he goes the better he looks and 1m6f on fast ground should suit nicely. Mastery to WIN 13/8 9:08 Breeders Cup Juveniles Fillies Turf Not confident enough in the top 2 in the market here, Lillie Langtry and House of Grace to back either at the prices available. Looking to take the 2 of them on with Junia Tepzia, with the eye catching booking of Kieran Fallon, his only ride on day 1. This filly by Rock of Gibraltar has done nothing wrong on either of her previous starts, winning both pretty much as she pleased. This race represents a big step up in class and opponent, but she deserves her place in the field and at 9/1, she represents very decent E/W value. Improvement will be required, but she has the right jockey on board if the ability is there. Junia Tepzia E/W @ 9/1 9:45 Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Blind Luck sets the standard here with her 2 1/2l G1 win over CD lto. 7/2 does seem a little on the short side though, as the 2nd on that occasion Always a Princess seemed to run a little below what was expected and the 2 1/2l was therefore a little bit of a flattering margin. If the latter can get her act together and run at her optimum this time, then she is entitled to go much closer today and could indeed reverese the form. She is bred to get the trip and in my opinion just a little too big in the market. Always a Princess E/W @ 7/1 10:23 Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf As much as I would love Henry Cecil to score here with Midday (and that is where my heart goes), I just feel that she could bump into one horse too good here. Magical Fantasy is a 4yo who has been on the upgrade all season and has a G1 and G2 success over CD. She has won her last 4 races and has looked pretty impressive in doing so, despite the narrow margins. She wasn't great as a 3yo, even having a G1 success to her name, but has really matured this season and seeks her 4th straight G1 success. Im taking her to do just that at the expense of what my heart says. Magical Fantasy WIN @ 4/1 11:02 Breeders Cup Filly and Mare Sprint Godolphin have a nice looking pair in this race, but I don't think either will feature and are opposable. The favourite is a nice sort who has 3 G1 successes to her name, but is far too short a price for me to consider backing her. Same is said for Informed Decision, who has won 5 of her last 6 starts including 2 G1's, 1 of them where she beat the short price fav Ventura. I am ignoring all the main principals for a very unexposed 4yo who has only had 5 career starts, winning 2 and placing on 2 occasions too. Free Flying Soul's 2 wins have been around here, 1 of which over CD. Will need to improve a great deal but she has proven she acts at this track and on this surface and if the principals are all cutting each other's throats then an outsider may pick them off. She in my opinion is a lively outsider. At 33/1 it is almost a bet to nothing. Free Flying Soul E/W @ 33/1 11:45 Breeders Cup Ladies Classic Fantastic race and worthy of bringing the curtain down on day 1 of this meeting. The Godlphin pair are live chances in this field, with Music Note possibly the best of the pair. She has perhaps improved past Cocoa Beach who who was one place ahead of her in this race last year when behind the great Zenyatta, with 2 very solid victories on last 2 runs. Rainbow View has had some very good runs this season, but has often found herself as the bridesmaid, perhaps 9f will suit her better than the 8 and 10 she has run at throughout this season. She could find at least one too good again here. I am concentrating on the other 3yo in the field, Careless Jewel who is seeking a double hat-trick. Yet to taste defeat in her career with a G1 success and 2 G2 successes. She will need to step up again against this level of opposition but on the evidence of what we have seen so far, she should certainly be capable of doing so. Careless Jewel WIN @ 3/1

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November First off, just a note about the pro-ride surface at Santa Anita. Over the whole of this carnival, I have hardly seen anything win wire to wire. It's just not suiting pace unless there is a serious lone pace angle, which may well be the case in the Ladies Classic with Careless Jewel. MARATHON This race is between mastery and Father Time IMO, but with the likely dawdle and the way the pro-ride is riding, I think it will suit Father Time's speed and turn of foot more than Mastery's stamina. I cant see the yanks getting into this - just not there distance !! 10 pts win Father Time @ 3/1 Paddy Power (US Tote may pay bigger dividend) JUVENILE FILLIES I think trainer Ken McPeek will take this, and he saddles two runners. Beautician and Connie and Michael. Connie and Michael hacked up in a tough Maiden Special on debut, off very honest fractions. Its always interesting when you see newbies in 7f races in America, and the fact Connie and Michael won the race is very eyecatching. Will stay this mile, but front running is an issue on this track. Beautician is much better than her Keeneland running suggests, and prior to that race, she was one of the best juvenile fillies in America IMO. She recorded a huge speed figure on debut, and if she handles this poly second time out, she should go very close. 5 pts EW Connie and Michael @ 7/1 Coral 5 pts EW Beautician @ 10/1 VC Bet OTHER BETS Filly&Mare Turf - MARAM @ 25/1, MIDDAY @ 3/1 Filly & Mare Spirnt - SEVENTH STREET @ 12/1, SARA LOUISE @ 8/1 Ladies Classic - CARELESS JEWEL @ 7/2 :ok

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November My bets for the evening ahead :D 8.35 Sanita Anita Mastery was second string in the St Leger for go dolphin yet won and this slightly worry me and is yet to win a race on polytrack only had one run and too me represents no value where as Father Time didn’t get the best ride in st leger and Ahearn is on board today and looks a reasonable price to go well here again. Of the American raiders its hard to assess form full stop but when most of these have never run over such a distance its even harder but Nite Light looks has been racing over 2f less and has been consistent and winning a group 3 on this sort of surface and looks e/w value. 0.25pt e/w Nite Light 8/1 bet365 0.5pt win father time (on the American tote) 9.08 Sanita Anita Tough race many of the American horse look weak in market at that is probably because many don’t run on turf much. But jungle tale has been running at woodbine on fast ground and was a runner up in a group 3 event and has won a valuable 2yr old race. Lillie Langtry is hot in the market and looks rightly so after bouncing back on fast ground at newmarket latest and aslong as she has travelled ok could go well again in this rather weak field. 0.25pt e/w jungle tale 20/1 bet365 0.5pt win lillie Langtry (on the American tote) 9.45 Sanita Anita Surprise surprise the Americans dominate the synthetic version of the previous race and min stakes for me. Blind luck won over CD in a group1 event last time out and doesn’t get penalized in weights like ours would and prior to that second in a group 1 over 7f so tonights trip looks more suitable. 0.25pt win blind luck 10.23 Sanita Anita Midday has earnt her right to be here but looks no value having run best with ground with some cut and would love to see her go well but gonna oppose her. Magical Fantasy has won 4 group races since the spring all on fast turf and looks a nice price at 4/1! 0.5pt win magical fantasy 4/1 bet365 11.02 Sanita Anita Informed Decision has previously beaten the hot fav ventura and neither is in bad form with informed winning a group 2 & 3 recently and looks the value out of the 2 at 5/2. Silver swallow looks a massive price holding good form in placings in tough races at nice prices and this looks another opportunity at 40/1! 0.25pt e/w silver swallow 40/1 bet365 0.5pt win informed decision 5/2 hills 11.45 Sanita Anita Tough race with 8 runners all in with a squeak in my opinion. Careless jewel is un beaten in 5 starts but this another upgrade. Lethal heat looks over priced at 20/1 having finished a decent 2nd to the un beaten zenyatta. Music Note has won her last 2 starts in group 1 company but may just find this a little tougher they were rather weak affairs. Rainbow view clearly in good heart still after disappointing start to the season and sure to have settled in a bit more since woodbine and worth another chance. 0.5pt e/w rainbow view (American tote) 0.25pt e/w lethal heat 20/1 bet365

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Tonights card is a bit disappointing really..........I guess it's the add-on day to make it a 2 day meeting few selections 8.35 Muhannak EW - last years winners, back on the drugs for the first time since this race last year. 9.08 - Junia Tepzia EW - German wonder filly with Fallon up 10.23 - Magical Fantasy - had 5 runs in the UK before being shipped to the USA and improving dramatically 11.45 Rainbow View - will probably count as a surprise win but she's usually thereabouts in better races than this

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November 8.35 I would lay Mastery as it just looks too short for me & was a surprise winner last ime out. Muhannak EW on the american tote is my bet with Moore up top to try to repeat last years win. I don't know the form of the runners so Muhannak ew for a bit of interest.

Re: THE BREEDERS CUP - Fri 6th & Sat 7th November Competition entry:

RACE TITLE & SELECTION
20:35 Breeders' Cup Marathon (Synthetic)
10 points to win on Father Time at Pool Price Bet on Father Time for real using our Best Odds service.
21:08 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
10 points to win on Lillie Langtry at Pool Price Bet on Lillie Langtry for real using our Best Odds service.
21:45 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade 1) (Synthetic)
30 points to win on Beautician at Pool Price Bet on Beautician for real using our Best Odds service.
22:23 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (Grade 1)
20 points to win on Maram at Pool Price Bet on Maram for real using our Best Odds service.
23:02 Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (Grade 1) (Synthetic)
15 points to win on Seventh Street at Pool Price Bet on Seventh Street for real using our Best Odds service.
23:45 Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (Fillies' Grade 1) (Synthetic)
15 points to win on Careless Jewel at Pool Price Bet on Careless Jewel for real using our Best Odds service.