Champions League Tue November 3rd

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Milan – Real Madrid: Draw @ 3.40 (Betfair) 10/10 In the last match between these teams, in Madrid, we saw a few goals and Milan taking all three points. Milan was able to make up its shock loss against Zurich and now both teams sit with 6 points in 1st and 2nd place. I believe both teams will make avoiding a defeat as their main strategy. A draw leaves both of them 1 point ahead of Marseille should the French team win over Zurich. Milan has become more serious about getting results lately but some people still have doubts and, arguably, rightfully so. Madrid have stumbled a bit since Ronaldo's injury and their reliability has been called into question. I don't think a lot separates these teams in terms of quality and current form. The draw serves both of their purposes and I believe the result has value here. Besiktas – Wolfsburg: Draw @ 3.45 (Betfair) 10/10 In the reverse fixture the teams played to a 0-0 draw. Besiktas has improved over the last month, but they are winning matches by 1 goal margins in the Turkish League which should stop people from rushing to conclude that they are in great form necessarily. Wolfsburg has played to 4 out of 5 draws in its 5 most recent matches. For Besiktas to have any hope of qualification they would need to win tonight. Wolfsburg would of course like to win, but a draw serves them just fine. The draw from the last match, Wolfsburg's recent propensity for draws and the fact that they may just play for the draw as well as Besiktas' less than convincing scoring potential lead me to judge the draw as a likely result with good odds.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd I think tonights accum has to be mixed in with champ and prem league fixtures, Chelsea with drogba back,lamps hittin form and Ancelotti saying in his press conference that cl is his main priority they have to be backed. Man U are playing great in the cl and expect owen to get the start and score, injuries are a slight worry but strenght in dept is always reasuring. QPR have to be backed at good odds at home, scorin goals for fun recently and expect them to continue. West Ham to beat villa in the prem tomorrow, villa alot of injuries and hammers beginning to show form after two great draws recently. MAN U -1 CHELSEA QPR WEST HAM ALL TO WIN:hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd

@2.75 on Besiktas look ok as well. Besiktas winless in CL but doing very well in Turkey.they won last 3 games and look confident enough to take on Wolfsburg. Grafite is out for 2 games and Wolfsburg had 2 draws in Bundesliga against Hertha and Mainz.I think value is on home team. Man.Un is acca material.Odds are too short but i'm sure they will trash poor CSKA at home.Perhaps Man.Un -1 looks better Maccabi Haifa +1 @2.25. I have to lay Juve as @1.53 price is just a joke.They could only beat Maccabi 1-0 at home.they lost last game afer 2-0 lead as well.Maccabi are still without single point in CL.they doing well in domestic league but not good enough for CL yet.I think home team will finaly get their point in Europe. Apoel +1 @2.05 for me Porto...good at home but not great away.Could only win 2-1 at home against Apoel.The only problem Porto have is defence.they play very well in attack but don't look after their goal.Was watching their last 2 games against Belenense and Academica and i wasn't impress.2-0 lead against bottom team Academica and finished 3-2,then draw against Belenenses.I think Apoel will give them a fight and @1.63on Porto is way too short.
i dont want to put you out for your bet but we are playing very very bad. We were very lucky on Kasımpaşa and Eskişehir matches and also Ankaragücü. If look at the scores you can easily see our wins by a one goal only. Last match only goal came from İsmail's (LB) shot on 25 meters. We are doing good defence but on the other hand we cant create chances. If we look at the last CL game, Wolfsburg missed 2-3 clear chances and again we were lucky. I wish i am wrong but i think we will lost this game. :wall i will bet against my team. WOLFSBURG AW

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Bayern Munich - Bordeaux under 2.5 @ 1.90 pinnacle Bordeaux head this group and are 3 points in front of Bayern, who have not been playing all that well of late and face a tough task of getting past this group stage. Bordeaux will be happy with a point here so they will look to not lose this game from the start and play a tight and conservative game built on not conceding a goal. Even if one of the teams do score, they will be content to ride out the rest of the game holding onto that lead. With both of their two better platers Ribbery ad Robben out, hard to see Bayern cracking open the Bordeaux defence and so it is likely this game will be under Maccabi Haifa - Juventus under 2.5 @ 1.81 pinnacle Maccabi Haifa have not scored in their 3 group games so far and have lost their last 2 by a 1-0 scoreline. Juventus have gone under in each of their 3 group games and while Juve do have the better side, they did have some problems in beating the Israeli's at home, winning only 1-0 and now they are without Del Piero, Iaquinta, Zebina and Sissoko. While they still have the ability to win this game, the odds are low and the better value is with the under as their is a possibility that Maccabi could get a point here. Man Utd -1.5 @ 2.35 pinnacle Man Utd qualify with a win here and will look to wrap this game up early given that they have a big game with Chelsea on the weekend. They dominated CSKA two weeks ago and even though they only won 1-0 the screoline should have been much greater. Now back at home, look for them to wrap it up and even though they have several players in doubt, they still have the depth to win this game well. Athletico Madrid - Chelsea under 2.5 @ 1.90 After their 4-0 thumping of Athletico two weeks ago, do not be surprised to see a Chelsea side come out and play a poor game by their standards. Over-confidence, thinkng about their game with Man Utd on the weekend and Athletico should tighten up at the back shoudl see this a low scoring game. Athletico have not conceded in their 2 group games at home so far while Chelsea have not conceded a goal in their 3 group games and have had 2 1-0 results so far. Like the look of the under here.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd I'm not going to be doing anything heavy in these European fixtures after the previous round, but these I will add to a large accumulator, just for a bit of interest. All prices with Bet365. AC Milan V Real Madrid (BOTH teams to score = YES) @ 1.61. Real Madrid really need a result after losing the reverse fixture. AC Milan have scored at least two goals in their last five competitive fixtures. Madrid have conceded five goals so far in three Champions League fixtures, although they did keep a clean sheet versus Marseille. The probability of both teams scoring in this fixture is much higher than the odds of 1.61 suggest. Olympique Marseille v FC Zürich UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.22. I think these are nice odds for this fixture. I don't see this being a straight and comfortably easy three points for Marseille. They should win, and I can see their defence keeping out Zurich. 1 or 2 nil would be my call. Manchester United v CSKA Moscow UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.9. Manchester United have injuries to many key personnel for this game, including the likelihood that Wayne Rooney will also miss out. Manchester United will struggle to make much happen with the absences of Rooney and Giggs. I see this being similar to the Marseille game. United probably will win, but I can't see them sticking more than three past CSKA. Similarly, I can't see CSKA scoring. The missing of Ferdinand is probably a blessing in disguise, and given his dip in form, Evans and Brown will be looking to cement a first team place. Atlético Madrid v Chelsea @ 1.83. Can't really understand the reasoning behind opposing Chelsea here. Atletico, despite the change in manager, are still in poor form. Chelsea have scored seventeen goals in their last four games. I'm not too sure about the information regarding Drogba's supposed absence. Chelsea are flying right now and look like the champions in waiting they are, both in Europe and domestically. Maccabi Haifa v Juventus UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8. Juventus struggled to put Haifa to bed in Turin, and I can't see it being much different here. Juventus don't concede many goals, whilst Haifa will fancy their chances being on home ground. I see this being tighter than the straight win odds suggest. FC Bayern München v Girondins de Bordeaux DRAW @ 3.5. I think the odds on Munich to win are a little unfair to Bordeaux here. They don't really concede that many goals home or away, and have already produced a 1-1 draw in Turin versus Juventus. I also think their chances of scoring are relatively high. Munich really need the points to progress here, but I think Bordeaux can sneak a draw. I'm sure many people will be attracted by the odds for Munich, but they are based on name only. Munich aren't the world power they probably once were. APOEL v FC Porto @ 1.7. FC Porto are warming up nicely for this competition, and always seem to do well. I fancy them to do the double over APOEL here. Porto have only lost twice all season, both to strong opposition. I don't really rate APOEL's chances that highly. They were fortunate in the reverse leg by scoring early. Besiktas JK v VfL Wolfsburg UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.05. Besiktas appear to have put their early season problems behind them by aiming to keep it tight. I think that these odds are nice because I would assume that most punters will expect Wolfsburg to hit a fair few, as they normally do. However, I believe Besiktas are possibly stronger home opposition than the straight odds suggest, so I can see this being another tight game, and I certainly wouldn't put all my savings on the away side here. Manchester United were fortunate with their 1-0 win back in September. Wolfsburg could come unstuck here.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Bayern v Bordueax Did anyone watch the last game between these two sides. I know there was a red card for Bayern and it ended 2-1 to Bordeaux but there was alot of action in that game. Missed pens etc.. Bayern without RObben and Riberry seem a very average outfit in my opinion. Bordueax could deffinately be the take of the night as I rate them higher than Bayern especially without Robben and Riberry. Bayern could find it very hard tonight. BOrdueax could be worth picking up at around 4.70 for AW.. THey got a good chance not? Im thinking of laying Bayern Munich anyways. what do people think..

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Bayern vs Bordeaux bayern drew 0-0 to a struggling stuttgart on weekend whereas bordeaux beat 3rd place monaco to maintain their number 1 position. with defensive problems ahead of this match as well as missing muller, this points to a bordeaux win. but as van gaal stated this is a must win game for bayern and bordeaux's poor away form plus bayern only losing twice at home in a year edges towards a draw for me. i expect bordeaux to play it tight at the back and take advantage through counters. i'll play it safe and back under 2.5 Maccabi vs Juventus napoli's come back win must have been a burst to the high morale following the previous 5-1 win to sampdoria. maccabi are determined to atleast score tonight which is why an over 2.5 should be backed. juventus also need to win these type of games before facing bayern and bordeaux, but im going to wait for the team lineups first as maccabi fielded a 5-4-1 formation last time and the game ended 1-0 instead of their routine 4-4-2. depending on which formation i'll back either under or over 2.5, but more than likely under 2.5 Besiktas vs Wolfsburg As mentioned previously by others, Besiktas defend brilliantly but just cant score, the Wolfsburg manager highlighted a contrast that his team are good going forward but leak too many at the back. With Dzeko injured, Martins can step in and claim a place, but i dont think this will be the case against a good defence and infront of an intimidating crowd. once again Under 2.5 Marseille vs Zurich Marseille grabbed a 1-0 win last time out and i predict something similar along the lines. The odds suggest this is a certain Marseille win, but their recent form doesnt suggest that to me. Zurich have had a hectic schedule of late playing on the 21st, 25th, 28th, 31st and now 3rd. They have rotatd players to suit their schedule but the amount of matches in space of time suggests a lack of goals. One thing i found is in their last 4 matches they've scored all their goals in the 2nd half. Im tempted to back half time score 0-0 Atletico vs Chelsea Atletico's performances have been much better since their new manager takeover, their cup game last week was only a 2-0 win but the play was patient, passing and movement was good as well. on sunday they lost to a set piece which is to Chelsea's advantage but again they played well and were unlucky to hit the bar 3 times. Aguero is currently out of form, but Forlan shows a great work etic. Reyes didnt start on Sunday but if he starts tonight instead of Simao i think Chelsea are in for some problems because he ran the cup game last week. Chelsea's focus will be on the man utd game on sunday, and as suggested lack of motivation may be the case tonight, but i still back Drogba to score anytime, as he's back in the CL team and ready to continue his great scoring run Man Utd vs CSKA moscow Defensive problems for Man utd but i still dont think they would concede tonight, unless Van Dar Saar isnt playing. I would definately back the handicap -1 if Rooney & Berbatov start, or put Owen in the mix. If both dont play i'll back under 3.0 Man Utd havn't repeated last seasons home form of banging in the goals, but tonight could be one of those nights if the right players are playing. Milan vs Real - im staying away from this game, last game was unpredictable for me and i dont want to risk it.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Just a few thoughts on the Champions League tonight, looks to be a tricky one and I don't think I'll be betting big... AC Milan Vs. Real Madrid: Draw @ 3.30 Real should not be underestimated even if they have been a bit off the boil lately. Yes, they are without Ronaldo and that would affect any side in the world, but they still have a team full of players who, I believe, will become stronger over the season. Milan themselves have came into a bit of form lately after a poor start to their season. They, of course, took the win in Madrid in a somewhat crazy match and I expect a slightly more sombre affair here, a close contest. Also, as many have already said, a draw would be a good result for both sides. APOEL Vs. Porto: Porto @ 1.67 I confess to have not known much about APOEL prior to this campaign. However having watched them, they are not a bad side at all, that's all I view them as though, not bad. Porto got the win the last time out, and although Porto are much stronger home than away, I think they'll nick this one by the odd goal. Atletico Madrid Vs. Chelsea: Chelsea @ 1.83 Chelsea can cement their place in the next round with a win here, the only question mark is that Chelsea play United on Sunday. Ancelotti seems to be a clever manager and I don't think he'll sacrifice this game by resting lots of players. I think everybody appreciates it won't be another 4-0 drubbing, and it's worth noting that Madrid are better than they've been playing this season. I expect a tight encounter but Chelsea's quality to shine through. Bayern Munich Vs. Bordeaux: Draw @ 3.50 I think Munich are badly priced here. I understand that it is a must win game and that they are at home, but Bordeaux are a formidable side and Laurent Blanc is one of the best young managers around in my opinion. It is not easy to score against Bordeaux and if Bayern go gung ho they will leave space open for Bordeaux to hit them on the counter. I think this one could well be a draw. Besiktas Vs. Wolfsberg: Wolfsberg @ 2.62 Wolfsberg are a funny old team this year. They obviously have potential as they've shown against Manchester United, but they are nothing if not inconsistent. Besiktas, on the other hand, are a strong home team but it is well documented that they can't score. Another tight contest, no doubt. I give the edge slightly to Wolfsberg, though it's not clear cut at all. I just think that there is value to be had here as they are capable of playing really well and are the better team. Maccabi Haifa Vs. Juventus: Juventus @ 1.61 Well where do you start with this one? Are Juventus the better side? Yes. Does that mean they'll secure the win? Yes. Confident? Nope. Maccabi Haifa are likely to give it a go here and who can blame them? I just don't think they have the wuality to beat Juventus over ninety minutes. This could well be another tight draw but I have faith (oh dear) in Juventus to overpower Haifa. Manchester United Vs. CSKA Moscow: Manchester United @ 1.40 Got to side with the home team. United have a lot of injuries to put up with at the minute but they are ususally strong at home on Champions League nights. United scraped a win in Moscow with an injury list so you would fancy them to do the business here. Don't think it will be a goalfest though. Marseille Vs. Zurich: Marseille @ 1.28 Poor odds, and I don't think it will be as straight forward as that but they should have enough. Zurich have been poor in Europe and Marseille are another team who are better than they have shown so far. I'd give them the edge to take this one and hopefully it will build up the confidence in them for later games.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Just the 2 bets for me... Athletico Madrid v Chelsea

Back Chelsea @1. 94 Betfair (now available at 1.98!) Chelsea have been in red hot form as of late scoring 17 goals in their last 4 games without conceding any. One of these being the home game with Athletico which Chelsea won 4-0. Athletico have been struggling both domestically and in the champion’s league and confidence is low. Athletico’s defence looks weak and although they always pose a threat with the likes of Forlan and Aguero I can see Chelsea seeing them off boosted by the return of Drogba in this competition after a 3 game ban. Man United v CSKA Moscow

Back under 2.5 goals @ 1.92 Betfair I can see Man United winning this game but the odds of 1.44 don’t really entice me. However, I do like the look of under 2.5 goals. Man United have got a few injury concerns, Berbatov looks unlikely to play and the central defensive pairing of Ferdinand and Vidic is also missing.

In United’s last few games they seem to have done just enough usually winning 2-0 or 1-0 last time out against CSKA. Personally I can’t see CSKA scoring and don’t believe Man United are going to get 3 so the under 2.5 at those odds looks a decent bet.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd It's been quite a while since Real Madrid won a Champions League away match at a big club. December 2004 to be precise, when they triumped 3-0 at Roma. Since then their form has been sketchy to say the very least. 5 wins from 18 away CL games since that win in Rome and those wins have comes against Rosenborg, Steaua Bucharest, Zenit, BATE and Zurich. They have lost twice at Lyon and Juve and once at Bayern, Roma, Olympiakos, Bremen and Liverpool. You can buy as many big players as you like, but some of them seem to have no idea how to function as a unit. It reeks of a home win, because Madrid still aren't right defensively. They were ripped to shreds by Alcorcon in the Copa Del Rey and there is no excuse for that and in their 0-0 at Gijon I'm not going to say Gijon were comfortable, but the threat was in small surges and nothing more than that. Real Madrid are and will always be prone to the odd dismal result. This ought to be a home win.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd hey folks im new to the forum and i would just like to say the insight you guy's give into the game's is outstanding, really helpful to a novice like myself. Anyhow as tonights games go really fancy man u at 1.40 and also bordeuax + 1 at 2.0 with bayern having a few out. good luck whoever you back.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd hi im new too and i have to admit that i read the postings here a long time and have taken a lot of advantage in my bets from it. Thanks for that. Sry for my bad english. But be careful with the Bayern game tonight, this is no banker at all. I think that German Bundesliga is weaker than it seems the last couple of years. Might happen that Bayern wins it with 3:0 but with the pressure on them it could happen a lot. And Robben was only in the first game in the season(as no one has him on the papers) a real help for the team.

hey folks im new to the forum and i would just like to say the insight you guy's give into the game's is outstanding, really helpful to a novice like myself. Anyhow as tonights games go really fancy man u at 1.40 and also bordeuax + 1 at 2.0 with bayern having a few out. good luck whoever you back.
Welcome to the forum! :welcome The Bordeaux +1 is a good shout if you ask me, they're no mugs at all and have a good defence.
hi im new too and i have to admit that i read the postings here a long time and have taken a lot of advantage in my bets from it. Thanks for that. Sry for my bad english. But be careful with the Bayern game tonight, this is no banker at all. I think that German Bundesliga is weaker than it seems the last couple of years. Might happen that Bayern wins it with 3:0 but with the pressure on them it could happen a lot. And Robben was only in the first game in the season(as no one has him on the papers) a real help for the team.
Welcome to the forum! You're English is fine mate don't worry about it. :welcome Like I just said I don't expect this to be an easy Bayern win at all, it will be tight and I'd probably go for a draw if I was pushed to guess.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Bayern Munich vs Bordeaux Advice: Lay Bayern Munich @ 1.95 Betfair Bayern Munich have several players missing for the game and it seems yet another French outfit are being underrated. Bordeaux are not a bad side and despite beating Bayern 2-1 a few weeks ago they are still available at 7/2 to win in Germany tonight. Bayern have been overrated for some time in my opinion and Bordeaux are on a par to them in my opinion. With Munich having several selection worries and the French side pretty much at full strength, I’ll happily lay the hosts here. Maccabi Haifa vs Juventus Advice: Lay Juventus @ 1.69 Betfair Again I’m going to against the flow and lay Juve here. Juve only managed to beat Maccabi 1-0 in Italy a few weeks ago so why are they such a short price here? I don’t understand it and although Maccabi have yet to pick up any points so far in the competition, they are being underrated in this game. We have all seen the shocks in recent weeks and Haifa could well pull off another one tonight. Manchester United vs CSKA Moscow Advice: Back Man Utd (-1.5) AH @ 2.29 Paddy Power Having watched CSKA Moscow against Man Utd in Russia two weeks ago, I have no doubt United will easily dispose of them back at Old Trafford tonight. Moscow were never in the game in Russia and with no ‘advantages’ for them tonight such as the artificial pitch or freezing temperatures, this should be a rout for United. It is true United are missing a few key players but a squad of their depth will be able to cope especially against a substandard side such as CSKA.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Not much value in tonights games, but i must consider bordeaux +1 @2.10 against a depleated bayern munich. the last time these 2 met (21 october) it was some affair with bordeaux scoring an og in the first couple of minutes, you would have thought tha would take the breath out of them, but no they had the strength and determinaton to turn it around by scoring 2 great first half goals, the frustration got to bayern with muller being sent off followed by van buyten which means those 2 are out for a start. bayern only had 2 shots on goal compared to 14 by bordeaux Another hard game for bayern against stuttgart which ended goalless with very few shots for either team. bordeaux beat monaco 1-0 at the weekend and could have been more as they rested near the end of thy game. i dont see much between the 2 sides and with a goal start i can see bordeaux dragging their heels . GL with all your bets. bet with your head not your heart!!!!!:clap

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Apoel Nicosia - Porto / 5.50 3.75 1.76 Porto is on 2nd spot of the group , with 6 points . They know that this is the easiest of the 3 remainng matches , and will want to win it to be sure that they don`t skip the qualification into the next phase ! But me personaly , i don`t know if they really can ! They draw the last match on home ground with Belenenses "1-1" in the championship ! and the match before that , they beat Academica-"the red lantern" with the amazing score :lol of "3-2"... at home ! Apoel is a Cipriot team from who I don`t know much about ! But what I do know is : that they put a good fight on Porto , on the Dragao stadium , and for sure that they will do the same and tonight , with the home advantage on their side ! We all know how fanatics the cipriots are , and that will be a huge advantage for them . Also Porto beat them at home with just "2-1" , with the wining goal coming from a penalty shot ! So : Lay Porto and bet 1X @2.14 / Ladbrokes

Not much value in tonights games' date=' but i must consider [b']bordeaux +1 @2.10 against a depleated bayern munich. the last time these 2 met (21 october) it was some affair with bordeaux scoring an og in the first couple of minutes, you would have thought tha would take the breath out of them, but no they had the strength and determinaton to turn it around by scoring 2 great first half goals, the frustration got to bayern with muller being sent off followed by van buyten which means those 2 are out for a start. bayern only had 2 shots on goal compared to 14 by bordeaux Another hard game for bayern against stuttgart which ended goalless with very few shots for either team. bordeaux beat monaco 1-0 at the weekend and could have been more as they rested near the end of thy game. i dont see much between the 2 sides and with a goal start i can see bordeaux dragging their heels . GL with all your bets. bet with your head not your heart!!!!!:clap
Where did you find that odd?

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Maccabi Haifa - Juventus / 6.00 3.60 1.74 Juventus should win this match couse the other two opponents , meet tonight face to face ! This is a great oportunity for them to take the lead of the group , and make a big step towards qualification ! Still , they`ve only beat Maccabi "1-0" at home ! and last match in Seria A they lost at home with Napoli .Not really convincing ! Also the last two away matches in championship they won at Siena "1-0" , and lost ! with Palermo "0-2" ! Maccaibi... don`t know much about them neither , but I saw the match against Juventus and they have shown that they know to play football ! With the home advantage , I`m pretty happy to back them to get a result ! Juventus has a little list of injury... Diego also missing , but Del Piero back ! Still : Lay Juventus and take 1X @2.29 / sportingbet

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Besiktas JK v VfL Wolfsburg - red card given - 4/1 Expekt It is getting to the "sharp end" for Champions League qualification - and things are liable to get a bit tetchy! I am suprised the odds against a red card are as high as 4/1, so I intend to back it in three matches and will be very disappointed if we don't get at least one up. Turks vs Germans in Turkey looks a good place to start! Say n'more!! Maccabi Haifa v Juventus - Expekt - Red Card 4.85 Could see the Italians getting very tetchy if it doesn't go their way early enough - and if it does maybe the odd Maccabi defender might like to make his mark. FC Bayern München v Girondins de Bordeaux: Red Card - 4.85 Expekt Germany vs France has a bit of a ring to it too if you are looking for a dust up (I hope I have not been guilty of racial stereptyping here) so we'll throw this one in for the third choice.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Marseille v Zurich This should be an obvious home win and combo material...Marseille not in the greatest form but if they fail to win this, with remaining games against Real Madrid and Milan away, wont stand much of a chance fo qualifying... Marseille have Lucho Gonzalez out and they will miss him as he is important, but otherwise have a strong line up of Brandao and Niang available, and Morientes as back up... Zurich of course stunned Europe with that 1:0 win at the San Siro, but I don't think they can repeat their heroics this time around... Marseille to WIN @ 1.30 Confidence 8/10

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Tonight I must say there is a lot of value in backing draws as a lot of the away teams would settle for a draw in the quest to qualify. With this being the double header from 2 weeks ago any manager worth his salt will be trying to nullify the attack of the home team and i feel that we may have a lot of low scoring matches tonight which tend to improve the chances of a 0-0 or 1-1 result. Champions league football has cost me on straight 1 or 2 result too many times in the last season so I am going for a full perm of four draws in Athletico Madrid v Chelsea Milan V Real Madrid Besikitas v Wolfsberg APOEL v Porto 15 bets at 1 unit each 2 draws gets stake back 3 or 4 draws big big money :hope :hope Good luck all

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd CSKA might get something at OT. Many players missing at MU and also they didn´t impress against Blackburn. Another thing is that they are pretty much already through so a draw doesn´t matter at all. @5 I think it´s worth a small stake. Lyon @2.5 i think is quite a good odds. Many players missing at Liverpool and they haven´t exactly been impressive in recent games. However, i think it was the last season they lost in the first 3 rounds but then came back to win the last 3. Still i dont see this happening again. Lyon for me.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd This game is most important in the whole group campaign for Besiktas..Having lost their opening two games, Besiktas got up and running with a hard-fought goalless draw against Wolfsburg in Germany.They will now be hoping to make home advantage count. "We want to claim victory and continue in the competition - we proved we were capable of that during the game in Germany" said Denizli. Denizli will not be able to field a full-strength side as Filip Holosko (broken foot), Rýdvan Simsek (groin), Nihat Kahveci (hamstring), Ibrahim Toraman (knee) and Ismail Koybasý (ankle) are all out injured. Rodrigo Tello is also doubtful with a hamstring problem, while goalkeeper Rustu Recber is having trouble with his waist. According to a turkish TV channel the line up is like: Hakan Arıkan, İbrahim Kaş, Sivok, Ferrari, İbrahim Üzülmez, Fink, Uğur İnceman, Tabata, Ekrem, Serdar Ökan, Bobo I think this is a narrow win for BJK or a gaolless draw. 1-0 or 0-0 ;)

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd I was considering laying Chelsea at 1.90-1.95, but I'm waiting for the confirmed lineups. It seems Agüero is not fit to play tonight and if Chelsea plays with something like Cech, Cole, Terry, R. Carvalho, Ivanovic, Essien, Ballack, Deco, Lampard, Anelka and Drogba it will be very difficult for Atletico to grab a point tonight. Atletico's defence is its weakest line and if they play an attacking game like they usually do at home Chelsea will have lots of scoring chances.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Man U Vs CSKA Moscow Like many Eastern European teams before them in champions league, CSKA have a relatively poor away record in comparison to how they do at home, think they might struggle here to stop the home side creating enough clear cut chances to win the game convincingly. Man U -1 @10/11 Bayern Munich vs Bordeaux After going down 2-1 in France, Bayern will be desperate for a win, despite a couple of injury's to key players, they have been winning games in the league with late goals and have shown they'll keep going right to the end. Bayern Win @ 4/5

Marseille v Zurich This should be an obvious home win and combo material...Marseille not in the greatest form but if they fail to win this, with remaining games against Real Madrid and Milan away, wont stand much of a chance fo qualifying... Marseille have Lucho Gonzalez out and they will miss him as he is important, but otherwise have a strong line up of Brandao and Niang available, and Morientes as back up... Zurich of course stunned Europe with that 1:0 win at the San Siro, but I don't think they can repeat their heroics this time around... Marseille to WIN @ 1.30 Confidence 8/10
You're probably right, Marseille will be of the opinion that they have to win this game which adds extra pressure. There is no pressure on Zurich as they are not expected to have any hope of progressing from what looked to be a daunting group on paper. I can't have Marseille at that price given Zurich have already caused an upset in this group. I'll take Zurich +2 (Handicap) at 5/6 with Skybet as that looks the value in this fixture.