** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tue November 3rd

Tuesday 3 November 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAC Milan v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT) 2.78 3.5 2.78 100.51 %
maximize.gifAPOEL v FC Porto (19:45 GMT) 5.9 3.9 1.72 100.73 %
maximize.gifAtlético Madrid v Chelsea (19:45 GMT) 4.3 3.75 2 99.92 %
maximize.gifBesiktas JK v VfL Wolfsburg (19:45 GMT) 2.92 3.55 2.6 100.88 %
maximize.gifFC Bayern München v Girondins de Bordeaux (19:45 GMT) 1.85 3.8 5.5 98.55 %
maximize.gifMaccabi Haifa v Juventus (19:45 GMT) 7 4.1 1.6 101.18 %
maximize.gifManchester United v CSKA Moscow (19:45 GMT) 1.35 5.2 13 101.00 %
maximize.gifOlympique Marseille v FC Zürich (19:45 GMT) 1.29 6 14 101.33 %

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Nov 03/04 Atletico Madrid – Chelsea: Chelsea WIN. Amazing game Chelsea in this season - in the first place EPL now, they have perfect attack with 28 goals and missed only 8 goals in 11 games. In CL they didn't miss goal and have 3 win in 3 games. Drogba, Deco, Anelka, Lampard show perfect game now. Atletico is very bad now - 17-th place in Primera, has only 7 points in 9 games and there is no progress in their game. They win only ONE game - 2:1 at home with weak Saragosa. In CL they have only 1 point - at home draw with APOEL. Recent change of coach don't help them - they losted Athletic Bilbao yesterday again. I think that they don't have chances in the game with strong Chelsea - last game they losted 4:0!!! And I think, that 2.0 on win Chelsea - great value, 1,8-1,85 more realistic.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Atletico Madrid v Chelsea - LAY Chelsea @ 1.95 Betfair (£316 to LAY) I would not lay Chelsea if this was a must win game for them but as it stands with three played and nine points in the bag, I'm pretty sure they'd settle for a point here. Athletico are in a bad state at the moments its true, I thought they may get a result at Bilbao but not to be, however even though the score was 4-0 in the previous match between these two sides I did not think that reflected the whole game, Atletico had there chances and on another day the result is different, I also thought Chelsea did not look that impressive when facing APOEL away from home, a 1-0 victory but not impressive, again porto at home in the first game they won 1-0 but wasn't a great display, you could argue that they have 9 from 9 and have not played that well so what wil they do when they play well, its true...however like I said a win is not a MUST and its always dangerous taking a team to win when they don't actually need to, I would also not be laying them if I thought Atletico had no talent but they clearly have some great players at the club, for whatever reason its not clicking, I hope the home fans get behind them because for them, its a must win. At odds on I think Chelsea are worth taking on.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd @2.10 on Inter must be taken :ok Dynamo Kiev didn't play well after last CL game.They won away to Dnepr,then lost Cup game against Shakhtar and drew at home against Karpaty while Inter won all 3 games in Italy. Inter are at the bottom of the table at the moment and if they want to go to the next round they must win this game as their next games against Barca and Kazan will be even harder. I was watching both teams playing in last 2 weeks and i must say Inter look much better.I will wait for team news but i don't think @2.10 will last long. Can anybody move my post to Wednesday CL please.I think this is the wrong day.LOL Thanks

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd @2.75 on Besiktas look ok as well. Besiktas winless in CL but doing very well in Turkey.they won last 3 games and look confident enough to take on Wolfsburg. Grafite is out for 2 games and Wolfsburg had 2 draws in Bundesliga against Hertha and Mainz.I think value is on home team. Man.Un is acca material.Odds are too short but i'm sure they will trash poor CSKA at home.Perhaps Man.Un -1 looks better Maccabi Haifa +1 @2.25. I have to lay Juve as @1.53 price is just a joke.They could only beat Maccabi 1-0 at home.they lost last game afer 2-0 lead as well.Maccabi are still without single point in CL.they doing well in domestic league but not good enough for CL yet.I think home team will finaly get their point in Europe. Apoel +1 @2.05 for me Porto...good at home but not great away.Could only win 2-1 at home against Apoel.The only problem Porto have is defence.they play very well in attack but don't look after their goal.Was watching their last 2 games against Belenense and Academica and i wasn't impress.2-0 lead against bottom team Academica and finished 3-2,then draw against Belenenses.I think Apoel will give them a fight and @1.63on Porto is way too short.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd

@2.10 on Inter must be taken :ok Dynamo Kiev didn't play well after last CL game.They won away to Dnepr,then lost Cup game against Shakhtar and drew at home against Karpaty while Inter won all 3 games in Italy. Inter are at the bottom of the table at the moment and if they want to go to the next round they must win this game as their next games against Barca and Kazan will be even harder. I was watching both teams playing in last 2 weeks and i must say Inter look much better.I will wait for team news but i don't think @2.10 will last long. Can anybody move my post to Wednesday CL please.I think this is the wrong day.LOL Thanks
Yes, I fully agree with you. Dynamo won away to Dnepr only with "help" from arbiter, whos show unfairly red card to player of Dnepr in the beginning game. Dynamo show bad game in the last game with not strong Karpaty at home. Inter is in the first place in Italy and their game is perfect now. And Inter very need in this win in CL. I think that bet on win Inter has very many chances.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Chelsea's away scoring record without Drogba has never been good. Recent news is that Drogba will be out so i personally don't think this is a clear cut bet. Might be a draw you know? Anyone thinks that AC Milan will beat Real Madrid? AC Milan is on red hot form, Real Madrid on the other hand is not scoring at free will. To make things worse, it will be played in Italy so no home advantage of Real Madrid. AC Milan might be a good buy IMO.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Atletico Madrid - Chelsea - Bet on Chelsea to WIN Let's face it, Atl. M. Have been really dissappointing, whereas Chelsea have been impressing massively, Chelsea should be able to win this game even without Drogba, and odds on Chelsea are too high to say no to. FC Bayern - Bordeaux - Bet on Over 2.5 Goals Bayern will probably have the " Robbery " combination back, and Bayern really needs to win this game to put pressure on the leading teams, they will press hard for a goal infront of the home crowd, and an early goal will open the game up. This is a banker in my opinion. Maccabi Haifa - Juventus - Bet on Juventus to WIN Juventus outplayed Haifa in the first game, but still only managed a narrow win, even though Buffon did a miracle save. After the loss to Napoli, which was a fluke, Juventus will be motivated to show their fans that they actually can play, the odds on Juventus are not that high, try for a -1 Handicap on JUVENTUS if you're in for a gamble, I did it atleast. Juventus WILL produce chances, It's just a matter if they will score or not.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Only the favourites are choosen here, but you won't win money with that. Think about that follows. Atletico - Chelsea I know Atletico is awful etc, etc... But, with only 1 pt, Chelsea is qualified. And on sunday which team Chelsea receive in Premier League ? Manchester Utd ! So Lay Chelsea (I think, this is the word in english) is the best bet. Macabi - JUV Juv again and again... But actually Sissoko, Iaquinta, Del Pierro, Diego, Marchisio are out. Juv beat by only one goal Macabi on the first round. And remenber, Macabi was a great goal scorer team during the preliminary rounds. So lay Juv !

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Martin Caceres is doubtful following nasal surgery. Alessandro Del Piero is in contention after making a full recovery from his recent thigh problems. Tiago is still struggling, as is Jonathan Zebina. Vincenzo Iaquinta and Claudio Marchisio are long term absentees. Mohamed Sissoko is out for up to a month with a thigh strain. PLayers available for Juve: Goalkeepers: 1 Buffon, 12 Chimenti, 13 Manninger. Defenders: 3 Chiellini, 5 Cannavaro, 6 Grosso, 19 Molinaro, 21 Grygera, 23 Ariaudo, 33 Legrottaglie. Midfielders: 4 Felipe Melo, 16 Camoranesi, 18 Poulsen, 28 Diego, 29 De Ceglie Strikers: 11 Amauri, 17 Trezeguet, 20 Giovinco, 10 Del Piero.

Chelsea's away scoring record without Drogba has never been good. Recent news is that Drogba will be out so i personally don't think this is a clear cut bet. Might be a draw you know?
According to Official Chelsea FC site tonight he's going to start tomorrow against Atletico: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1845065,00.html I know Ancelotti suggested he was going to rest him, but I guess the player is desperate for a chance to mark his return in Europe against one of the worst defences in Spain. :) I think Chelsea's odds look a whole more attractive right now. Oh and hello, my first post, been reading this site for months. :)

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Bayern Munich's Dutch winger Arjen Robben is set for a place on the bench for Tuesday's Champions League match against Bordeaux, coach Louis van Gaal revealed on Monday. The 25-year-old damaged his knee in the Group A 0-0 draw with Juventus at the end of September, but has made a swift recovery after a minor operation as van Gaal rested him in the goalless draw with Stuttgart last Saturday. "I believe he will be back in the squad again, but I can't see that he will play from the start," said van Gaal. "If he doesn't train, then he doesn't play. "Perhaps he will come on for 30 to 35 minutes and get a goal for us." Van Gaal will be without injured stars midfielder Franck Ribery and striker Ivica Olic while defender Daniel van Buyten and rising star Thomas Mueller are both banned after being sent off in the first leg. So no Rib-Rob. Bordeaux to win seems like a decent bet :)

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Team news Bayern Out: Franck Ribéry (knee), Ivica Olić (calf), Breno (illness), Christian Lell (illness) Doubtful: Arjen Robben (knee), Edson Braafheid (ankle) Suspended: Thomas Müller, Daniel Van Buyten Misses next match if booked: none Bordeaux Out: Henrique (knee) Suspended: none Misses next match if booked: none uefa.com

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Yeah i don't see the doubt in Chelsea - they have been playing absolutely brilliant football in the Premier League, comfortably sitting top with a lot of high scoring games, i think they will dismantle Alteco. Think i'm going to go for a double of Man Utd and Chelsea tommorow. Good luck everyone.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Ji-sung Park and Ryan Giggs will definitely miss Tuesday's Champions League tie with CSKA Moscow, while Dimitar Berbatov is a doubt after suffering a kick on the knee-cap in United's weekend win. Wayne Rooney's involvement is also unclear after wife Coleen gave birth to the couple's first child on Monday. However, it's not all bad news: Darren Fletcher is definitely back having recovered from an injury picked up on international duty last month.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Atletico Madrid v Chelsea - Atletico (+1) 5/6 This is not going to be the best preview ever, i just have a gut feeling Atletico will pull something out of the bag in this game. Everybody knows about their problems so far this season, however they have got rid of Abel Resino and replaced him with Quique Sanchex Flores. Flores got off to a winning start in the cup however they lost to away to Bilbao at the weekend; not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. This will be their first game at home under the new management and there will be a cracking atmosphere in the Vicente Calderon. Chelsea have been very impressive this season and have picked up some great results of late. Their last away game was this weekend againt Bolton where they won 4-0, however Bolton played most of the game with 10 men. The away game before that they lost 2-1 to Villa. In my opinion Atletico are a better side than Villa, and the Vicente Calderon will be a much more intimidating place to visit. Atletico are in real trouble in the Champions League so this game is massive for them, where as Chelsea will qualify comfortably even if they lose tomorrow. I think this will be a close game but i think Atletico will be more up for this and with home advantage i can see Atletico getting a draw or maybe even nicking it, so i see value in the +1 AH at 5/6.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Besiktas to score @1.33 i think that they can score at least one goal they are unbeaten last 5 games. Real M. double chance X2 @1.45 they wont lose this game they got their confidence back against getafe and they play with 10 man whole second half. Milan is without Nesta he is injured, and real is only missing Ronaldo

According to Official Chelsea FC site tonight he's going to start tomorrow against Atletico: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1845065,00.html I know Ancelotti suggested he was going to rest him, but I guess the player is desperate for a chance to mark his return in Europe against one of the worst defences in Spain. :) I think Chelsea's odds look a whole more attractive right now. Oh and hello, my first post, been reading this site for months. :)
You've to back Chelsea for this game then. True that Chelsea is leading the table and they have a lack of motivation to play. But not Drogba. He has a point to prove tonight and he's a match winner so i won't be surprised if he leads Chelsea to another victory. I don't think Atletico Madrid will try very hard because they are more concerned about their domestic league rather than Champions League.Besides, Atletico Madrid's defense is not sorted out yet so it probably won't happen tonight either. I am backing Chelsea to win tonight. As for AC Milan v.s. Real Madrid, although Real Madrid hasn't had the best of form when Ronaldo was injuried, you just realize that they have to win this game. Otherwise, their Champions League dreams will be toasted. You have to realize that no matter what, AC Milan is still slower than Real Madrid in terms of movement. I won't be surprised to see AC Milan being the conservative one tonight and Real Madrid to nick a late winner. Real Madrid Win. Good luck:ok

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Beşiktaş - Wolfsburg Beşiktaş's league report; scored 8 goals, conceded 6 goals in 10 games. 4 of 10 games against good teams. Beşiktaş 0 - 0 Gaziantep Galatasaray 3 - 0 Beşiktaş Beşiktaş 0 - 1 Kayserispor Eskişehir 0 - 1 Beşiktaş Champions League report; Beşiktaş 0 - 1 M.United CSKA 2 - 1 Beşiktaş Wolfsburg 0 - 0 Beşiktaş 7 games against good teams, only 2 goals.. How can they beat Wolfsburg without scoring? I watched last games of Beşiktaş, opponent teams caught lots goal chance but Beşiktaş have a little luck, this time Wolfsburg must beat to join next tour, they will struggle to beat. Wolfsburg wins (Draw pay back) odd: 1,76

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd It seems that CL this year is even more unpredictable than before. That is good for the sport, but bad for us :) I'm a bit confused about tonight's matches, but I like the price on Chelsea. Ancelotti seems very confident about winning, Drogba will try to make a big return, and I think that Atl. Madrid doesn't have a way to stop him. Maybe Atletico does have a great forward potential (Aguero, Forlan, backed by Rodriguez in the middlefield) but their defense doesn't really look "bullet-proof". I'm going to take CHELSEA WIN @ 1.9 Also, I'm thinking about betting some money on Man. Utd. with handicap -1 against CSKA... Ferguson will probably like to trash someone to get a confidence boost prior to match against Chelsea, and to show that they can play a good game in CL too. Four goals in 3 matches for now isn't a good mark for the contender on the title (and Man. Utd. always must be contenders) so I guess that home fixture against CSKA might be a great chance to get some more goals in. So, Manchester United (H -1) @ 1.9 I still don't know will I include something else from CL tonight, since I'm betting on Q.P.R. in England Championship League, so I'm a bit streched with money already... Good luck to you all :hope EDIT: The price for ManUtd. H-1 just went up to 2.05. What's wrong with that bet, I need to get some more team news, and re-evaluate... Any help?!?

As for AC Milan v.s. Real Madrid, although Real Madrid hasn't had the best of form when Ronaldo was injuried, you just realize that they have to win this game. Otherwise, their Champions League dreams will be toasted. You have to realize that no matter what, AC Milan is still slower than Real Madrid in terms of movement. I won't be surprised to see AC Milan being the conservative one tonight and Real Madrid to nick a late winner. Real Madrid Win.
I agree here. If Real has learned from the mistakes they made when these teams played in Madrid they should have the upper hand tonight. Higuain and Benzema will probably start tonight, leaving slower Raul on the bench. I've taken Real Madrid DNB @1.97.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd I can't see much value in any of the games tonight, but I will chance my arm on Michael Owen in the anytime goalscorer market at 2.3 with Paddy Power. With Rooney missing and Berbatov doubtful, he will be the main attacking force and I expect there to be plenty of chances. Definitely worth a stab. (Just for fun, did you know that Kai - the name of Wayne Rooney's baby - is Thai for both "chicken" and "prostitute"? Oops.)

Only the favourites are choosen here, but you won't win money with that. Think about that follows. Atletico - Chelsea I know Atletico is awful etc, etc... But, with only 1 pt, Chelsea is qualified. And on sunday which team Chelsea receive in Premier League ? Manchester Utd ! So Lay Chelsea (I think, this is the word in english) is the best bet.
oké, Chelsea will play Man Utd next weekend, but do not forget: Atletico Madrid - Real Madrid is also next weekend... I think Atletico wil concentrate more on that match