** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tue November 3rd

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd

Tip Detail
Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Milan -Real
Selection draw (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.50 (Lay)
Reasoning Both teams without a draw yet in Champions League.In their national leagues Mian has only 1 draw at home and Real only 1 draw when playing away.More important is the fact that both teams when playing each other had a draw only 1 time in last 12 games.And here both teams also need to play for a win because situation in this group is really tight and winner should have easier task to advance in the future.I hope both teams will play open game just like in the previous round and we won't see a draw here.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besiktas – Wolfsburg: Draw @ 3.45 (Betfair) 10/10 In the reverse fixture the teams played to a 0-0 draw. Besiktas has improved over the last month, but they are winning matches by 1 goal margins in the Turkish League which should stop people from rushing to conclude that they are in great form necessarily. Wolfsburg has played to 4 out of 5 draws in its 5 most recent matches. For Besiktas to have any hope of qualification they would need to win tonight. Wolfsburg would of course like to win, but a draw serves them just fine. The draw from the last match, Wolfsburg's recent propensity for draws and the fact that they may just play for the draw as well as Besiktas' less than convincing scoring potential lead me to judge the draw as a likely result with good odds.
As a dedicated season ticket holder and also an objective fan of Beşiktaş I agree with your comment.However I would like to say that the atmosphere at the Inönü Stadium is always different in european matches and the fans are highly respected for their boost on their team.2 seasons ago Beşiktaş had beaten Liverpool and Marseille and was so unlucky to loose against Porto in the group stages in CL. IMO it will be an even match where any of the teams can win but a draw is quite unlikely to happen tonight as Wolfsburg will play for a draw and Beşiktaş must play for a win in order to increase the chances of going into the 2nd round of the campaign. So this will either give Wolfsburg chances on the counter or give Beşiktaş chances to score.. Good Luck.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Manchester United v CKSA Half Time Score 0-0 @ 3.15 Manchester United played a patient game last time out, eventually emerging victors by one goal to CSKA's nil. Naturally, this bet like others will rely on team news but there was reports of Berbatov and Rooney both being doubts for the game, if true then perhaps it's worth considering whether Manchester United might lack a cutting edge in attack. Another point of consideration is that Manchester United play Chelsea at the weekend and so it is quite possible that the starting xi will be chosen with the weekend fixture in mind. If you then add the fact that barring a catastrophical disaster Manchester United have qualified for the next stage and so there really is less impetus on them tonight to get a draw. Finally I'm sure that CSKA wont come here and lay down for Manchester United, the side is likely to be fired up and although I can't see them scoring a first half goal against Manchester United I think they will ensure it isn't just one way traffic. I feel that the final score will either be 0-0 or 1-0 to Manchester United as they grab a goal that gives them the three points on the night but nothing too spectacular.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd APOEL - FC Porto @ 1.70 This will be a very important match for Porto. If they win and Chelsea doesn't lose in Madrid, Porto will be qualified for the next round. With difficult matches against Atletico (away) and Chelsea left, Porto will go to the limit to win their match in Cyprus. I think they'll do this.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Juventus drifted to EVS now, I've got to take these odds. No Nedved anymore and no Del Piero, Sissoko, and a couple of others. But the deputies are more than capable replacements. Tiago, Melo and Poulsen should keep it tight in midfield, Maccabi still yet to score in this competition, and the likes of Tiago, Diego and Camoranesi should be able to create enough for Amauri to get a goal. Trezeguet can always come on for Juve to have 2 up front.

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd TEAMS Atletico Madrid v Chelsea Atletico Madrid: Sergio Asenjo, Perea, Pablo, Juanito, Antonio Lopez, Reyes, Paulo Assuncao, Cleber Santana, Simao, Sinama Pongolle, Forlan. Subs: De Gea, Raul Garcia, Jurado, Aguero, Maxi, Ujfalusi, Dominguez. Chelsea: Cech, Belletti, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Malouda, Essien, Joe Cole, Lampard, Drogba, Kalou. Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Ballack, Deco, Sturridge, Anelka. TEAMS Man Utd v CSKA Moscow Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Brown, Evans, Fabio Da Silva, Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani, Macheda, Owen. Subs: Kuszczak, Evra, Anderson, Rooney, O'Shea, Obertan, Gibson. CSKA Moscow: Akinfeev, Alexei Berezutsky, Vasili Berezutsky, Ignashevich, Shchennikov, Krasic, Semberas, Aldonin, Mamaev, Necid, Dzagoev. Subs: Pomazan, Daniel Carvalho, Maazou, Odiah, Piliev, Rahimic, Grigoriev.

As a dedicated season ticket holder and also an objective fan of Beşiktaş I agree with your comment.However I would like to say that the atmosphere at the Inönü Stadium is always different in european matches and the fans are highly respected for their boost on their team.2 seasons ago Beşiktaş had beaten Liverpool and Marseille and was so unlucky to loose against Porto in the group stages in CL. IMO it will be an even match where any of the teams can win but a draw is quite unlikely to happen tonight as Wolfsburg will play for a draw and Beşiktaş must play for a win in order to increase the chances of going into the 2nd round of the campaign. So this will either give Wolfsburg chances on the counter or give Beşiktaş chances to score.. Good Luck.
Hi Turkish! Yes, you have a point about the home field advantage. This is why I'm tipping the draw instead of Wolfsburg's win. I believe that the German team is a click better overall. Besiktas, at the moment (I really can't place any importance in what Besiktas did 2 CL tournaments ago...I think its meaningless), hasn't clearly indicated that they can take it to a quality team. The statistics show that they marginally defeat poor Turkish opposition by the odd goal. Besiktas is having problems scoring on laughable defenses in the Turkish League. It is difficult to see how they are going to do it against Wolfsburg who is going to be very careful and give Besiktas very little space. Yes, the Wolfsburg counter and their win is the threat to the draw. I can't see Besiktas winning. But this is football and anything can happen so we'll just have to wait and see mate....good luck in your bets tonight....:hope

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd :zzz at the Man U game - the 0-0 is happening but noone at all appears all that worried about the score. Neither team appears to be going past a gentle jog but there have been a few chances and Macheda just came close, good effort . :clap

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Wow :eek good strike from that angle!! Thought he had taken it too far wide! Sorry for all those that followed me though. :pukeJust couldn't see CSKA scoring, especially not with a strike that good!

Re: Champions League Tue November 3rd Well taken goal from Owen! :clap Thought he was offside at first but nope! And I'm guessing this is the thread for CL chat? Even if it seems like I'm talking to myself at the moment. :$

Yeah and I have £20'000 on Zurich against Marseille. :ok
:lol I know he'd probably "exaggerating", but I had a bet of £1600 on Chelsea to beat Atletico in the game 2 weeks ago, and a year ago I would never have dreamed of putting that much on a bet. I put that bet on after a losing streak, and now I would not put anywhere near that amount on, chasing can make you increase your stakes a lot.... Off-topic I know but I'm bored watching the Juve match :lol

Beşiktaş - Wolfsburg Beşiktaş's league report; scored 8 goals, conceded 6 goals in 10 games. 4 of 10 games against good teams. Beşiktaş 0 - 0 Gaziantep Galatasaray 3 - 0 Beşiktaş Beşiktaş 0 - 1 Kayserispor Eskişehir 0 - 1 Beşiktaş Champions League report; Beşiktaş 0 - 1 M.United CSKA 2 - 1 Beşiktaş Wolfsburg 0 - 0 Beşiktaş 7 games against good teams, only 2 goals.. How can they beat Wolfsburg without scoring? I watched last games of Beşiktaş, opponent teams caught lots goal chance but Beşiktaş have a little luck, this time Wolfsburg must beat to join next tour, they will struggle to beat. Wolfsburg wins (Draw pay back) odd: 1,76
30 mins ago Beşiktaş's DMF Fabian Ernst is out of Squad.. He is the most useful player of Beşiktaş, he stop conceding lots goals.. Wolfsburg win. 2,50
:clap :rollin :clap Wolfsburg won easily..

Juventus drifted to EVS now, I've got to take these odds. No Nedved anymore and no Del Piero, Sissoko, and a couple of others. But the deputies are more than capable replacements. Tiago, Melo and Poulsen should keep it tight in midfield, Maccabi still yet to score in this competition, and the likes of Tiago, Diego and Camoranesi should be able to create enough for Amauri to get a goal. Trezeguet can always come on for Juve to have 2 up front.
Just 1-0 in the end but that's hardly unusual for an Italian team! EVS on Juve to beat a team like Maccabi was the bet of the night IMO.

AC Milan V Real Madrid (BOTH teams to score = YES) @ 1.61. :) Olympique Marseille v FC Zürich UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.22. :wall Manchester United v CSKA Moscow UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.9. :wall Atlético Madrid v Chelsea @ 1.83. :wall Maccabi Haifa v Juventus UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.8. :) FC Bayern München v Girondins de Bordeaux DRAW @ 3.5. :wall APOEL v FC Porto @ 1.7. :) Besiktas JK v VfL Wolfsburg UNDER 2.5 goals @ 2.05. :wall
:lol the curse of the CL strikes again. I wonder how many accumulators were lost up and down the country purely by Manchester United....