Hugh Taylor

Re: Hugh Taylor I understand what your saying Ginge. But in the real world the majoirty of punters backing those selections are being accomodated at much shorter prices. The figures are not accurate and you will find anyone doing an independent review will point this out! No one is disputing Hugo can tip winners, but putting up 3pt wins @ 20/1+ is utterly ridiculous at 10 oclock. If he drops on one you dont fancy it can work in your favour but i cant see any point in crashing markest before they have time to settle down. Betfair is a perfect example no liquidity until 4 minutes before the off!!!!!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hugh Taylor

I understand what your saying Ginge. But in the real world the majoirty of punters backing those selections are being accomodated at much shorter prices. The figures are not accurate and you will find anyone doing an independent review will point this out!
Casey, Let us say Hugh Taylor was just an ordinary punter like you or I, or any PL member. He could back todays tip at 25/1 with Stan James. Unless his bet was a large amount, the price would remain the same. Until they had enough money (from other people's bets) on it to force a price reduction. The only reason Hugh Taylor's Tips shortens so dramatically is the fact it is Hugh Taylor's tip (has such a following). Bookies would not have much money for the horse if it was not for his tip. Therefore you are penalising Hugh Taylor for being Hugh Taylor. It does NOT matter if bookmakers shorten the price after a few minutes; that price was available therefore it can be claimed. that's just what happens with any tipster with such a large following. NOT hugh's fault. They are accurate because the prices were available. The man himself often makes the point the best prices are not there long.

Re: Hugh Taylor Never back his selections with a bookie unless you want to ruin your account. I got on at a full 50/1 on one of his selections, it was something I had chosen myself (I'm not boasting, I'm no pro!)then come the race seeing the crash I wondered what had happened and found out he tipped it. Now Hills refer everybet and they'll give £1 or £2 max and that is on an account I have done virtually no bets on. To Casey - If he put the bets up later on, ATR would not get the same amount of interest ( and they are paying him for the publicity, hits and viewings it gets them) and he'd miss the genuine value on a lot of the selections. It is not his fault that the bookies monitor that page and would half the odds before they've even received anything. It doesn't matter what time he puts the selections up, a successful free service will attract thousands of people, I have friends who only have a passing interest in horses or gambling and they have backed his tips on a weekend. Whatever he puts up will crash, it is his job to put them up so he isn't going to stop doing it just because it inconveniences a few people. If you have ever heard him speak, you will know that he says do not back them if you can't get the prices, so he isn't misleaidng anybody, he is doing what he is paid to do and perfectly entitled to what he does. If he had a paid for service, with say 100 members then the prices would move like all successful tipping services, but not at the extent that they do now. If he was independent, charged, and had a cap on his membership then his service would be up there with the best in the land, if not the best as the majority of that 300 points + would have been available to the few who were privvy to the information.

To address the Boy Rooney A price which is availbale with at least three of the top four firms would be reasonable, not one that is with a firm that will only lay a small volume of money! The points he has returned are artifical because no other tipping line could claim that because no of there paying clients would get on and they would recive so many complaints! Hugh Taylor is free thats why its having such an affect on prices, and as has been pointed out it attracts arbers which is making the problem worse!
but it doesnt matter how much volumes of money,they are not claiming "16,000 pounds profit"..they are claiming "pts" profit....I cant understand ur reasoning..

10.06 this morning 3PT WIN @ 9/1 Skybet Youcanonlydream Skybet will have Laid around £2.46 now 5/1 I make it a maxiumum lay at 5/1 Thanks HUGO keep them coming
You can only dream Casey. Now you're learning! Better still to back it at around 8/1 and lay it at 5's. What price / chance do you consider him to have Casey?

Re: Hugh Taylor Ginge you keep having your £25 on @ 8/1 ill keeping laying the ones that cant win. I dont want to get in to after timing as they will all come out of the woodwork! by naming what price i made it but it was tad bigger than 5/1 But it was posted early doors for all to see, its all about opinions i dont hide i always back my judgement!

Re: Hugh Taylor What's a "tad" Casey? Can't see why you can't give us what price you made the horse. All I said was, instead of just laying at 5's. Why not (if you want to get involved) back it at 8's and then lay it back at 5's? For a certain profit either way. Well done anyway Casey, nice tip at 1/5 there. Really stuck your neck on the line for that one.:eek

Re: Hugh Taylor It was a double figure for me without any question. I dont play it £25 and dont come that nonsense that your making packets out of Hugo arbs becasue you cant get on! I have noticed in certain races he seems to get his crystal ball out this was a very poor pick which is why hopefully some took notice of the post. I took the view to lay the place as well which as it was great value to lay. I wasnt at all surprised when it fell out of the back of the telly and finished LAST !

Re: Hugh Taylor Casey, If you read my posts carefully, I have not criticised you for laying these horses. In fact have agreed with your "judgement". But to claim credit for saying one 25/1 and one 9/1 shot will not win; is hardly the done thing. If someone tips a 25/1 shot NOT to win; (if we take the usual bookies mark up off the percentage chance). The average bookies 25/1 shot has around a 97% chance of losing. The average 9/1 shot has around a 92% chance of losing. So hardly surprising your "tips" were successful. The reason Hugh backs these horses is NOT due to having a good chance of winning. As I am sure you are aware; you only have to believe a 25/1 shot has a better than 4% chance of winning to be a good bet. At 9/1 better than 10%. If you are not aware of this, you should give up gambling for a living. The whole point of Hugh tipping big priced horses is he only needs a small strike rate to make a profit. Your "lays" will need a very large strike rate to be profitable. Both ways can be successful and genuinely wish you luck with your bets Casey. Mark

Re: Hugh Taylor Casey, rather than arguing back and forth which although is entertaining aint getting anyone anywhere, why not start a thread in systems tracking your lays, that way you can prove your end of the stick and maybe help other members, just a thought. *great name by the way, used to love that programme when I was a kid:lol

Re: Hugh Taylor Rarely lay horses in truth but i will put the odd one up when its value to lay, but as i said i wont be around much through the winter. Ginge: i fully understand the odds i dont agree with the nonsense you keep spouting about Hugo punters getting pennies on at 25/1 and claiming a bet when its NOT readily available. As for his 3pt b-----@ 16/1 + its design to crash horses indictaing its the wrong price, we could argue for months over this the facts are i will contuine to make money out of him because hes no where near as good as people think!

Re: Hugh Taylor Casey, If you continue laying Hugh's tips at considerably less than the price he tips them at; then you are very likely to make a profit. Hugh is NOT telling punters to back something at 5/1 that he's tipped at 9/1. Hugh himself is far more likely to lay the horse at 5/1 himself than back it. Every horse has a price to back it, and a price to lay it. If Hugh thinks it has a better than 10% chance of winning he is right to back it. If you believe it has a less than 16.7% chance of winning, you are right to lay it at 5/1. You both can be correct in your assessment. You are beyond help Casey. Your constant repetitive arguement and failure to answer other peoples questions is sending me to sleep.:zzz Believe what you want to believe. It's clear you have a mental block with Hugh Taylor. Calling him names and infering he's got some other agenda in tipping horses is foolish.

Re: Hugh Taylor Not according to an independent report from the Secret Betting Club! Hugh Taylor shows a loss at S/P and Betfair S/P As he is now proofing to them i would bet 1/100 they would be right! Its the same old b----- no one can get on at the prices so if he any paying clients there would be up roar because when they worked out what he was returning and what they are actually winning the would be a major difference! and the amount of complaints would outway the national debt! As the rules are very strict and transparency is key i would suspect any independent review will not be one that is being shouted from the roof top. While hes being paid to do a job and he can only do what hes told ATR are using it to gain more pubilicty which is fair enough. But there needs to be a balanced view in whats being portraid. Good luck to Hugo and all his followers enjoy your £25 at half the recommended price because those our the facts to the masses! This is final post on the matter as its getting past a joke, Hugh Taylors Mom & Dad and long lost relatives are doing my head in lol

Taken from somewhere else... Hugh Taylor between March to August Points Staked = 1294 Profit to Advised Prices = 287.55 Profit / (Loss) at SP =(110.72) Profit to Betfair SP = 37.49 ...after 5% commission =(13.90)
So he "only" has a 22% yield to those advised prices. Don't get me wrong that is fantastic, but given he seems to back a big price winner everyday I really thought it would be more than that - just shows you how hard it is to achieve monster yeilds when tipping daily.

So he "only" has a 22% yield to those advised prices. Don't get me wrong that is fantastic' date=' but given he seems to back a big price winner everyday I really thought it would be more than that - just shows you how hard it is to achieve monster yeilds when tipping daily.[/quote'] Yeah, if he didn't have to tip 2-3 everyday then think how many of his weaker bets he could filter out that he has had to put up for the sake of getting a tip out. If a way though, he has so much freedom. He can put up any horse he fancies without consequence, if he went it alone he might well change his mentality, particuarly if he had a bad run he could easily move away from big prices in search of a winner or two.. he wouldn't be the first to buckle under the pressure of being paid by punters to tip as has been pointed out on here! He is obviously very very good though. Casey you don't seem to understand the fundamental point of this arguement. You can't get on at advised prices because it is a FREE service posted on a national website which attracts tens of thousands of hits and THOUSANDS of followers. The tips he gives out are in the PUBLIC domain making it very very easy to chop those prices in half before you've even had chance to open a new browser... that and the inevitable weight of money that ends up on his tips drives the price down in minutes. If he was a PRIVATE service to a limited number of subscribers, the information would not be in the public domain, making it much harder for bookies to automatically slash his prices without seeing a penny, as well as there being less money lining upto back them etcwould inevitably see the market stay a lot stronger and people be able to get on at, or close to, his advised prices. If you look on oddschecker each day, the prices WERE there, but the bookies monitor that page and cut the prices within a minute or two of them going up. If it was a private service, the prices would inevitably shorten under the weight of money from his members, but this would be far less dramatic and he would be VERY profitable. I don't understand your criticism at all :wall

So he "only" has a 22% yield to those advised prices. Don't get me wrong that is fantastic' date=' but given he seems to back a big price winner everyday I really thought it would be more than that - just shows you how hard it is to achieve monster yeilds when tipping daily.[/quote'] I guess his profits (at impossible to get prices) get eaten away by unsuccessful runs of many consecutive losers: up to 15 losers or more 7 times since last march, twice 20 losers in the row :eek You must have a big big bank and hard nerves to follow him taking into account you always get your bets at close to advised price. Good luck :clap

I guess his profits (at impossible to get prices) get eaten away by unsuccessful runs of many consecutive losers: up to 15 losers or more 7 times since last march' date=' twice 20 losers in the row :eek You must have a big big bank and hard nerves to follow him taking into account you always get your bets at close to advised price. Good luck :clap[/quote'] You think I, billy the punter, follow him or any tipster? :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin (also your post makes no sense - in relation to the one you're replying to)

Re: Hugh Taylor Think Yaut's use of the word “you” meant “any punter” not just yourself Billy. Though I don't agree with the logic either. With Hugh's tips at big prices a punter's stake can be smaller. So he can afford long losing runs. If a punter uses tips at shorter prices he needs to use higher stakes to get the same returns. Therefore, will lose more money in shorter losing runs. :welcomeYaut, stick around.

You think I' date= billy the punter, follow him or any tipster? :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin (also your post makes no sense - in relation to the one you're replying to)
Saying 'you' I meat any punter. And yes, my post is related to the post I'm commenting on: I explain where his profits disappearing.

Re: Hugh Taylor "Lets get ready to Rumble" In the Blue corner, we have Casey "The Flat King" Jones In the Red Corner, we have Billy "The Sizzlin" Punter Now i want a good clean tipping comp, no low punches, no over timing and you must go to a natural corner on my say so. Let's Get It On