** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hugh Taylor

Re: Hugh Taylor PS I havent read any threads about Hugh Taylor or anything about someone who is hell bent on destroying Hugh Taylor's reputation! Hugh Taylor tips winners undisputed! However to claim the Profit in points he is right now is complete nonsense in the real world as they arent available to the masses! If he used his brain and waited until midday when markets were set! Yes the prices would have been stablised and no there wouldnt be any 25/1 to £100 but its highly likely 14/1 or 16/1 would be readily available and it would reflect a more realistic overview! I fully understand Hugh modus operadi he looks for Horses over priced,however you have to put across a balanced view and the independent report has come from SBC not me!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hugh Taylor It is not Hugh's fault that his tips are followed to such a degree. Not only are his tips backed by win punters, arbers also get involved too. They know that they can make a certain profit. By backing his tips at or near the price, then laying it back nearer off time at a much shorter price. So there are a considerable amount of gamblers wanting to get on early. Added to that, Hugh's tips, like this one, are often on gaff days (not Saturdays or big festival days); his tips have a massive effect on the market. In the normal market for the 3:40 at Lingfield today, bookmakers will not take much money. Yet today, Hugh's tip will make Forest Dane backed to a totally abnormal amount. Bookmakers Stan James aren't running a charity, they can't afford to keep the 25/1 available for too long. If this horse happens to win, they could take a severe hit in their profits; Painful. They will have laid it for more than a few £25 bets. It is up to each individual punter to get on as quickly as possible. Am sure Stan James have a record of their prices, so if some "proofing" organisation wants proof they can get it. So again I have to ask: Why do you think it is fair for his 20/1 tip to be "proofed" as an 8/1 chance? When Hugh would not make it a tip if it were 8/1.

Re: Hugh Taylor

Hes a total ---- he has just changed the 25/1 with Stan James ! to 201/ general outrageous after timing. Quite clearly watching this thread, i am rapidly losing respect for this man!
Surely that is just comman practice. Pricewise would say 25/1 Stan James, generally 20/1 (if that is what 201/ means). I suppose Tom Segal is a ---- too? Why is this after timimng? Does not make sense. People who know nothing about a subject, often have little respect for people who do Casey. So don't let it worry you.

Re: Hugh Taylor If he used his brain and waited until midday when markets were set! Yes the prices would have been stablised and no there wouldnt be any 25/1 to £100 but its highly likely 14/1 or 16/1 would be readily available and it would reflect a more realistic overview! You quite clearly arent listening ! Its open to debate how many people could arb much as the prices crash so quickly and firms wont lay punters who will be linked or marked up to Hugh Taylor and volume of cash! Thanks for your input Ginge your sons doing a great job!

PS However to claim the Profit in points he is right now is complete nonsense in the real world as they arent available to the masses! If he used his brain and waited until midday when markets were set! Yes the prices would have been stablised and no there wouldnt be any 25/1 to £100 but its highly likely 14/1 or 16/1 would be readily available and it would reflect a more realistic overview! I fully understand Hugh modus operadi he looks for Horses over priced,however you have to put across a balanced view and the independent report has come from SBC not me!
Already answered this if you look Casey in #14. Why would he wait and potentially see his value price disappear, before he could tip it?:unsure

Re: Hugh Taylor If your so thick and cant see it its pointless going on! You cant proof horses at prices that dont exist to any volume of money its completly unethical. However any independent review will show he wont need bad press he will be ripped to pieces when they strip down the stats.

Re: Hugh Taylor Casey, God, you are like a little kid with a long playing record stuck on repeat. All your bullsh1t about owners not getting prices is boring to be quite honest. Lets look at the facts, Hugh is a paid tipster of ATR - I imagine he is getting a decent wage from writing a daily blog, and it provides him with a solid income no matter how well or how badly his betting is going. He is doing his job by posting these tips up early, and it is not .. I repeat it IS NOT his fault that sheep are following him and pusing the price down. As for the argument about waiting until 12 o clock. Anyone with an ounce of business accumen would know that ATR want the tips up as early as possible for people to visit the ATR website. So I have no doubt that he is instructed to post his tips at the time he does. Casey - to be honest, I think you are jealous of Hugh. I think you are jealous that his tips and profit is so good that he can move markets, I think you are jealous that the bookmakers move the prices so quickly. You stated in an earlier post that none of his tips go off value, and he makes a loss at Betfair SP. LAY THE TIPS THEN. Take advantage of it instead of ranting and raving like a child. And as for measuring his profit to SP - thats rubbish. His figures would then be to prices that he wouldnt back the horses at, and its not his faul they shorten drastically.

If your so thick and cant see it its pointless going on! You cant proof horses at prices that dont exist to any volume of money its completly unethical. However any independent review will show he wont need bad press he will be ripped to pieces when they strip down the stats.
So because people have a different point of view, they are thick and idiotic right ?

Re: Hugh Taylor I think your clueless! Hugh Taylor tips winners undisputed, he works for ATR and has deadlines to meet correct. However he is in control of the staking and crashing markets and knows whats hes doing! People who make money at the game (not by trading) do the same amount of work as Hugo. To find a horse you fancy has been samshed to bits with a few hundred quid is gauling, this isnt just my view its a general obsevation from many. To claim i am jealous is completely misguided the truth of matter is hes a F------- nuisance and i pretty sure the majiorty would pay to bring back Matt Doyle!

Re: Hugh Taylor To be fair Stewart, think I provoked Casey by saying he had no idea. But if you want to put our knowledge to the test Casey? I captain a team in the West Berkshire Racing Club Quiz every year. We even won it once. So I challenge you to get a team of four together. Some of the other teams are Racing Post, Raceform, Journalists Freelance 4, Trainers, etc. Winning team last year from Racing Post were Lee Motershead, Craig Thaike, Graham Dench and Steve Dennis.

Re: Hugh Taylor i think there is a touch of the green eyed monster here..no other tipster at the moment has such power and respect that he moves the market in such a manner....at the end of the day when he picks his gee,its available at the price...what's he supposed to put up as a price..??the profits sure are profits at time of posting his picks,what other price is he supposed to use?? :cow

Re: Hugh Taylor To address the Boy Rooney A price which is availbale with at least three of the top four firms would be reasonable, not one that is with a firm that will only lay a small volume of money! The points he has returned are artifical because no other tipping line could claim that because no of there paying clients would get on and they would recive so many complaints! Hugh Taylor is free thats why its having such an affect on prices, and as has been pointed out it attracts arbers which is making the problem worse!

I think your clueless! Hugh Taylor tips winners undisputed, he works for ATR and has deadlines to meet correct. However he is in control of the staking and crashing markets and knows whats hes doing! People who make money at the game (not by trading) do the same amount of work as Hugo. To find a horse you fancy has been samshed to bits with a few hundred quid is gauling, this isnt just my view its a general obsevation from many. To claim i am jealous is completely misguided the truth of matter is hes a F------- nuisance and i pretty sure the majiorty would pay to bring back Matt Doyle!
It is I think "you're" clueless, not "your" clueless. Sorry, I am not that good at spelling and grammer.;) Could not resist. Hugh is not in control of the markets. I work my bets the same way as Hugh (not as good as him). It is very frustrating when Hugh comes up with the same tip as me. So making it difficult for me to get on. But that's just tough. Mark

Re: Hugh Taylor He moves the market for the same reasons pricewise do. Firstly they tip winners, but perhaps more importantly (in relation is moving markets), they are free. Free means more people act on the infomation. Thousands. Thousands acting on infomation that has been succesful will see the odds consistently reduce. If Hugh Taylor or Pricewise charged for the same advice they would not move the market in the same way. Less people would be following the advice. Stands to reason. As long as it's proven the prices were available at the time the advice went public then there is nothing else he can do. The only worrying thing I can see it that he is an ATR tipster and it's being monitored by themselves - I have no idea what their policy in proving prices were available. I'm 99.9% sure all prices were available - to how much to who is not really their problem. Besides I think they would show a profit at 2nd show anyway. I'm not sure what HT's plans are - he may end up going private. It works for many people, some not (Mark Winstanley and Mel Collier). Some can't handle the pressure once the safe wage isn't there. Be interesting to see what happens in the future. :ok

Re: Hugh Taylor To adress Ginge I wouldnt need a team of four, but to be absolutely honest i dont have enough time. I only bet on the flat i generally take a holiday from late November to March as the season is so busy and very draining. I would back my albilty over anyone on the flat and i can live with the best i have posted very few things on here. I did post a very strong bet a week or so ago which won @ 3/1 it probably fell on deaf ears! I rarely waste my time if i tip anything on here relating to flat racing it will very accurate and the strike rate would be high. To claim i am worry about Hugo is laughable,to i dont need to get a job there is a massive difference!

Re: Hugh Taylor I'm not sure what HT's plans are - he may end up going private. It works for many people, some not (Mark Winstanley and Mel Collier). Some can't handle the pressure once the safe wage isn't there. Be interesting to see what happens in the future. Well Billy we could be watching the new Pricewise man , Hugo could be eyeing the big job when Tom Segal steps aside. As for the two mentioned, its got little to do with pressure its more about abilty too produce results long term! They have both sort jobs within the media which tells you all you need to know in truth!

He moves the market for the same reasons pricewise do. Firstly they tip winners, but perhaps more importantly (in relation is moving markets), they are free. Free means more people act on the infomation. Thousands. Thousands acting on infomation that has been succesful will see the odds consistently reduce. If Hugh Taylor or Pricewise charged for the same advice they would not move the market in the same way. Less people would be following the advice. Stands to reason. As long as it's proven the prices were available at the time the advice went public then there is nothing else he can do. The only worrying thing I can see it that he is an ATR tipster and it's being monitored by themselves - I have no idea what their policy in proving prices were available. I'm 99.9% sure all prices were available - to how much to who is not really their problem. Besides I think they would show a profit at 2nd show anyway. I'm not sure what HT's plans are - he may end up going private. It works for many people, some not (Mark Winstanley and Mel Collier). Some can't handle the pressure once the safe wage isn't there. Be interesting to see what happens in the future. :ok
Exactly Billy:ok

To address the Boy Rooney A price which is availbale with at least three of the top four firms would be reasonable, not one that is with a firm that will only lay a small volume of money! The points he has returned are artifical because no other tipping line could claim that because no of there paying clients would get on and they would recive so many complaints! Hugh Taylor is free thats why its having such an affect on prices, and as has been pointed out it attracts arbers which is making the problem worse!
Am sure Billy will correct me if I am wrong. But I think Billy uses best prices in his Racing Post adverts; when he's tipped a good priced winner that's been shortened. Yet you Casey, want to prevent Hugh from claiming a winner at the best price available. Surely unfair.

To adress Ginge I wouldnt need a team of four, but to be absolutely honest i dont have enough time. I only bet on the flat i generally take a holiday from late November to March as the season is so busy and very draining. I would back my albilty over anyone on the flat and i can live with the best i have posted very few things on here. I did post a very strong bet a week or so ago which won @ 3/1 it probably fell on deaf ears! I rarely waste my time if i tip anything on here relating to flat racing it will very accurate and the strike rate would be high. To claim i am worry about Hugo is laughable,to i dont need to get a job there is a massive difference!
That's great Casey, the quiz is in January when you are on holiday. May be you could represent PL if there are other PL members who know about jump racing. Any takers? If not, suppose we could sort out a betting competition between the two of us next flat season.

Am sure Billy will correct me if I am wrong. But I think Billy uses best prices in his Racing Post adverts; when he's tipped a good priced winner that's been shortened. Yet you Casey, want to prevent Hugh from claiming a winner at the best price available. Surely unfair.
As it's being monitored from the outside (the RP) and looked at by the ASA there are guidelines with Racing Post adverts. I have to prove the price was available to the betting public at the time of the message. I have to do a screen print (complete with time) of the bookmakers "betting slip" - only then can I claim an advised price. And of course it has to be exactly what I quoted in the message. :ok

Re: Hugh Taylor Dont know who you are Billy But if you run a tipping line and proof selections do you have a large amount of clients who all get on at the advertised price? If they pay and cant get on at the price suggested do they re subsribe? an Honest reply would be helpful The guidelines sent out are there for a reason to protect punters, and anyone cliaming things they havent achived will be slaughtered in the media.

To adress Ginge I wouldnt need a team of four, I would back my albilty over anyone on the flat and i can live with the best i have posted very few things on here. I did post a very strong bet a week or so ago which won @ 3/1 it probably fell on deaf ears! I rarely waste my time if i tip anything on here relating to flat racing it will very accurate and the strike rate would be high.
Probably the most arrogant post I have read on here in some time. Talk about blowing your own trumpet. Normally Ginge and BTP who show a touch of arrogance (probably required in pro punting??).....both backed up by results to be fair but nothing compared to that post. Also shown a great lack of respect towards other posters in here. Seems to me you have made this thread with the agenda of attacking Hugh Taylor and anytime anyone puts forward a reasonable argument to the contrary, they are shot down either being called "idiotic" or "clueless". Just not Cricket :eyes

Re: Hugh Taylor i have to proof my selections to a proofing site & they proof on Betfair SP & SP. My results are different from the proofing results as i often beat the price in my posts (thats part of the skill surely?). I agree what Ginge said, i have tipped something at 16/1 & it goes off at 8/1, yet the reason i tipped it was that i could get 16/1, that makes sense !!

Dont know who you are Billy But if you run a tipping line and proof selections do you have a large amount of clients who all get on at the advertised price? If they pay and cant get on at the price suggested do they re subsribe? an Honest reply would be helpful The guidelines sent out are there for a reason to protect punters, and anyone cliaming things they havent achived will be slaughtered in the media.
The last thing I would run is a subscription service. ;) I have a premium rate line. Like I said, I have to prove the price was available to the betting public before I can claim it in profits (see above posts). A lot of the time the prices I advise go quicky and the majortiy of the time they return shorter. I advertise daily so get a lots of different callers throughout one month - however not had a complaint yet about prices so the system must work.

Probably the most arrogant post I have read on here in some time. Talk about blowing your own trumpet. Normally Ginge and BTP who show a touch of arrogance (probably required in pro punting??).....both backed up by results to be fair but nothing compared to that post.:eyes
We're all a bunch of arrogant barstewards.:lol:ok Think I might have boxed Casey in to a corner and he came out fighting. Casey, How would you like it, if you consistently tipped horses at best prices that you weren't allowed to claim? Think you'd better toot that whistle for help mate. The Cannonball Express just ain't what it used to be.